Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,908 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487720 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2013
To those guys worried about orientation....... DON'T WORRY! It's just formality. Only GA orientation is important (which I usually leave after I turned in my school policy agreement form while the meeting goes for 15 minutes break) and as a new international student, they knew what it takes to secure visa and making traveling plans.

This is not American students attending schools in America.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kjbobo: 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2013
imperiouxx: To those guys worried about orientation....... DON'T WORRY! It's just formality. Only GA orientation is important (which I usually leave after I turned in my school policy agreement form while the meeting goes for 15 minutes break) and as a new international student, they knew what it takes to secure visa and making traveling plans.

Please is this same for Canada? ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFdENIGMA: 5:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
bigfrancis021, syahboy, Find Out et al. How do I get the practice test. The gre bible, magoosh, princeton et al. I think I will need a number of the practice material upon the short time frame I have. Any one in the house that can help should please let me have the link or forward to my mail denigma@hotmail.com. I already have kaplan and baron(from 4shared) and power prep2 from ets site
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2013
kjbobo:
Please is this same for Canada? ?

Don't know about Canada.

Theoretically, you're an international student and prone to delay at any point of getting to school.

You should tell them about the feasible delay of making the orientation. They knew all this, you're not the first.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kjbobo: 6:07pm On Aug 17, 2013
imperiouxx:

Don't know about Canada.

Theoretically, you're an international student and prone to delay at any point of getting to school.

You should tell them about the feasible delay to making the orientation. They knew all this, you're not the first.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2013
crespo67: Tanx so much bro...will do dat right away...I also heard d gre bible software is d baddest of dem all...it simulates the gre exam like perfectly...heard its even beta than the powerprep and has more test on it..upto 6 test..unlike powerprep wiv just 2 and a bonus...unfortunate tin is dat av tried downloading it,buh wasn't making any success..so,did u also get 2 use d gre bible software....tanx a lot bro...
I heard about the software, it's owned by an Indian company Pellucid. I checked out their site and saw some great testimonies, however, the software costs $19 and although I wanted to get it I was okay with the materials I had. You can give it a shot, it is highly recommended.
As for downloading it free, that is kinda impossible. Even if you download it you'll need activation codes which only the company provides and works for just one installation, If you've got a debit card and cash you should definitely get it (If you can't then download the Kaplan software, it has 10 Quant &Verbal practise tests as well as 5 Analytical writing;Plus explicit explanations to questions-it's a must have too).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 17, 2013
JFdENIGMA: bigfrancis021, syahboy, Find Out et al. How do I get the practice test. The gre bible, magoosh, princeton et al. I think I will need a number of the practice material upon the short time frame I have. Any one in the house that can help should please let me have the link or forward to my mail denigma@hotmail.com. I already have kaplan and baron(from 4shared) and power prep2 from ets site
If you mean the Nova Gre Bible e-book, then search on 4shared but if it's Gre Bible software you mean then you need to purchase it for $19 check www.grebible.com

As for Magoosh just make use of the free one week premium subscription, and when it expires re-register with same ID and you'll continue your progress form where you stopped.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFdENIGMA: 6:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
Thanks a million syahboy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 7:32pm On Aug 17, 2013
lisadem:

Thanks Find-out. Glad God answered my fervent prayers during ramadan. Hope you are doing great and have settled in the US? #wink

@Foohard: I have same plight too ooo. My school resumes on the 26th Aug, I have 2 orientation programs scheduled for next week but yet to get a flight ticket. The price for the one I got was outrageous - 600-700k!!! Say wetin happen nau. Am still hoping I get a flight with reasonable price. God help us.

Are you sure it wont get more expensive as the date get close? I saw for same price too but dont know the agency arrangement but i guess they have agents they use for flight. What concrete plan do you think we should have?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 9:01pm On Aug 17, 2013
OMG I HAVE TO READ ALL THE WAY FROM PAGE 285,WAS BANNED BY JUSTWISE,BUT ALL DSAME GOOD TO BE BACK ERE....CONGRAT TO BIGFRANCIS,LISADEM AND ALL OTHERS THAT GOT THERE VISAS APPROVED....AND HOUSE AS U ALL KNOW ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE WHICH I KNOW GOD WILL DO IT FOR ME THESE YEAR....NOW I AM TRYING TO HEED TO THE BOSSES ADVICE ON THIS THREAD THAT SAID I SHOULD CHANGE MY SKOOL ND TAKE THE SAT AGAIN I AM APPLYING TO MSU,MANKOTA FOR THE SPRING SEMESTER AND I WAS TOLD I SHOULD REGISTER WITH EDUCTAIONUSA BEFORE THEY WILL TREAT MY APPLICATION ATALL,MY QUESTION IS THAT,DID ANYONE ONE HAVE THE IDEA OF THE REGISTRATION WITH EDUCTIONUSA? AND WHAT IS THERE MAIN ROLE IN GETTING MY VISA? BECAUSE I SAW IT AT ONE SITE THAT WITH EDUCATIONUSA CHANCE OF GETTING VISA IS ABOUT %90 SO PLEASE HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Karpurt: 10:17pm On Aug 17, 2013
I want to say a big thank you to the Lord for his grace, favour and mercy upon my life and i really appreciate the grace of God in the lives of people that have been contributing immensely and positively on this USA travel section, i pray the Lord will never forsake you. Congratulations to Bigfrancis and lisadem for securing your visa. To all, please remain focused, never lose hope if you fall because our down is not our end if we are optimistic. See you all at the top of the tree. Please i hope i am formally welcome here?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by frankie2K(m): 10:35pm On Aug 17, 2013
Wow,that is splendid;I called an agent and he told me 40,000;from the house I learnt that the master card ATM can be activated to do so,i had to go to zenith bank to do mine,so by next week i will try it,please throw more light on how to do that
godG: Why do people still find it hard to register for TOEFL?! Thanks to bigfrancis, I registered mine myself. All u need is ur $175 and say 1k for making the call...u can register with ANY ATM CARD. I did mine like 2 days ago. The same applicable to GRE. Don't get duped by agents.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 10:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
eedrism: OMG I HAVE TO READ ALL THE WAY FROM PAGE 285,WAS BANNED BY JUSTWISE,BUT ALL DSAME GOOD TO BE BACK ERE....CONGRAT TO BIGFRANCIS,LISADEM AND ALL OTHERS THAT GOT THERE VISAS APPROVED....AND HOUSE AS U ALL KNOW ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE WHICH I KNOW GOD WILL DO IT FOR ME THESE YEAR....NOW I AM TRYING TO HEED TO THE BOSSES ADVICE ON THIS THREAD THAT SAID I SHOULD CHANGE MY SKOOL ND TAKE THE SAT AGAIN I AM APPLYING TO MSU,MANKOTA FOR THE SPRING SEMESTER AND I WAS TOLD I SHOULD REGISTER WITH EDUCTAIONUSA BEFORE THEY WILL TREAT MY APPLICATION ATALL,MY QUESTION IS THAT,DID ANYONE ONE HAVE THE IDEA OF THE REGISTRATION WITH EDUCTIONUSA? AND WHAT IS THERE MAIN ROLE IN GETTING MY VISA? BECAUSE I SAW IT AT ONE SITE THAT WITH EDUCATIONUSA CHANCE OF GETTING VISA IS ABOUT %90 SO PLEASE HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS?

Banned? Why? Did you violate any rules? Well that's by the way. Thanks for the wishes and yours too will come by God's grace.

I once attended a public orientation organised by EducationUSA @ Lagos Embassy. It's usually done every Wednesday of the week by 10am. Just walk to the embassy with an ID and tell the security agents you are going to EAC (EducationUSA Advising Centre).

You will be allowed in and you can ask questions about membership during the orinetation which is about 2 hours. I wasn't qualified to be a member as I had got admission in 3 schools already before attending and there I was told they only accept membership for fresh applicants.

Wish you success and do always tell the house about the progress of your application. I am sure if you go through all these yourself, you won't be easily intimidated when you face a VO the next time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2013
foohard:

Are you sure it wont get more expensive as the date get close? I saw for same price too but dont know the agency arrangement but i guess they have agents they use for flight. What concrete plan do you think we should have?

well @last I was able to get a flight ticket for 450 after much online researches. You need to hasten up the agency o. Hope they are aware of the deadline
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by roli21: 10:56pm On Aug 17, 2013
Pls al d gurus...i need toefl n gre materials..pls fwf 2 ridimic@gmail.com.....thks n God bless u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 11:00pm On Aug 17, 2013
imperiouxx: To those guys worried about orientation....... DON'T WORRY! It's just formality. Only GA orientation is important (which I usually leave after I turned in my school policy agreement form while the meeting goes for 15 minutes break) and as a new international student, they knew what it takes to secure visa and making traveling plans.

Thanks for the handy tips Bo$$. I got same info from a senior in my school. You know as e dey always be as a newbie naw. Body go just dey on the move and will want to leave no stones unturned grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 11:08pm On Aug 17, 2013
Dont Mind Justwise is just taking is JOB serious lol....

And also i went to the Embassy on Thursday,But the security man told me i can not register da day,that i should come on Tuesday or wednesday to come and register because the that is the orientation days nd all shaa,But i just need to know the amount i should take along with me for registration if anyone have the IDEA..Thank you LISA.

lisadem:

Banned? Why? Did you violate any rules? Well that's by the way. Thanks for the wishes and yours too will come by God's grace.

I once attended a public orientation organised by EducationUSA @ Lagos Embassy. It's usually done every Wednesday of the week by 10am. Just walk to the embassy with an ID and tell the security agents you are going to EAC (EducationUSA Advising Centre).

You will be allowed in and you can ask questions about membership during the orinetation which is about 2 hours. I wasn't qualified to be a member as I had got admission in 3 schools already before attending and there I was told they only accept membership for fresh applicants.

Wish you success and do always tell the house about the progress of your application. I am sure if you go through all these yourself, you won't be easily intimidated when you face a VO the next time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 11:22pm On Aug 17, 2013
Karpurt: I want to say a big thank you to the Lord for his grace, favour and mercy upon my life and i really appreciate the grace of God in the lives of people that have been contributing immensely and positively on this USA travel section, i pray the Lord will never forsake you. Congratulations to Bigfrancis and lisadem for securing your visa. To all, please remain focused, never lose hope if you fall because our down is not our end if we are optimistic. See you all at the top of the tree. Please i hope i am formally welcome here?

Lol... You must be a potential politician. You go fear intro naw. Thanks and you are officially welcome here.

Your moniker sounds familiar. Are u based in Lag?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 12:14am On Aug 18, 2013
First time on the thread. Got introduced by foohard; a great friend.I'm enjoying these coments cos they are insighting. Its great that we can have people volunteer to share this great amount of info here. Have got two admissions in US earlier for master's but never went for visa interview cos the schools didn't offer me any form of tuition reduction. Already completed a master's degree here in naija just recently and looking forward to putting in for phd in the US. Hope to get valuable supports from here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by hannahmoyan: 12:18am On Aug 18, 2013
PLS DOES ANYBODY KNOWS ABOUT VIU(VIRGINIA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY)?I need an update asap pls thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 12:23am On Aug 18, 2013
AHHHH VIU IS A RED FLAG @ D EMBASSY NO GO AREA BRO

hannahmoyan: PLS DOES ANYBODY KNOWS ABOUT VIU(VIRGINIA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY)?I need an update asap pls thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 12:24am On Aug 18, 2013
samnoah: First time on the thread. Got introduced by foohard; a great friend.I'm enjoying these coments cos they are insighting. Its great that we can have people volunteer to share this great amount of info here. Have got two admissions in US earlier for master's but never went for visa interview cos the schools didn't offer me any form of tuition reduction. Already completed a master's degree here in naija just recently and looking forward to putting in for phd in the US. Hope to get valuable supports from here.

That's your best bet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 12:52am On Aug 18, 2013
crespo67: Tanx somuch bro 4 ur quick reply and encouragement..was planning fall 2014,buh am not certain yet..my undergrad cgpa was a 3.46....so,i was rily hoping to use my gre scores to make up 4 dat...sent my transcript to WES earlier this year,buh my ish is paying 4 it from here..i don't knw if I cud use my gtbank master card to pay...I was also hoping to get a GA/TA...wiv doze scores,i aint sure if I wud get dat even if I got an admit...buh,i wudnt give up wiv d scores,wud contact a faculty at UH 2 see wat my stance wud be...tanx a lot bro.....

3.46 will get you somewhere around 3.20/4.0. Its still above the 3.0 bench mark for most good universities in the US. As for paying for WES using your mastercard, yes you can. Kunlebal just paid for his WES translation using his GTB ATM card on monday.

Email a faculty member at UH to see what chances you stand. Your scores and GPA could get you what you want but only if you apply to less competitive schools or less-than-average schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 12:53am On Aug 18, 2013
hannahmoyan: PLS DOES ANYBODY KNOWS ABOUT VIU(VIRGINIA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY)?I need an update asap pls thanks

Please, VIU is a big no-no at the embassy. Do not apply to that school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 12:54am On Aug 18, 2013
samnoah: First time on the thread. Got introduced by foohard; a great friend.I'm enjoying these coments cos they are insighting. Its great that we can have people volunteer to share this great amount of info here. Have got two admissions in US earlier for master's but never went for visa interview cos the schools didn't offer me any form of tuition reduction. Already completed a master's degree here in naija just recently and looking forward to putting in for phd in the US. Hope to get valuable supports from here.

Welcome to the House, SamNoah. Your life shall never be the same again. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 12:56am On Aug 18, 2013
roli21: Pls al d gurus...i need toefl n gre materials..pls fwf 2 ridimic@gmail.com.....thks n God bless u

Send a blank email to selfstudy360@gmail.com and you'll receive an automatic email response containing the download links you need.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 12:58am On Aug 18, 2013

Please, do you mind telling me how you came across this ridiculous VIU. [size=15pt]Please I need an answer from you?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 6:07am On Aug 18, 2013
lisadem:

lol. Noted @Gboyega. I actually enjoy drinking garri ijebu once in a while. Thanks buddy. What's your program like now in Dallas/Texas? Guess We should be able to hook up *@ our leisure hour* when I arrive.

I have left Texas upon graduation in May and I'm back in Nigeria for now. I'll be visiting Dallas the weekend before Thanksgiving all things being equal. I'll inform you when I'm coming provided you still take time once in a while to visit the thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 6:15am On Aug 18, 2013
imperiouxx:

FAQ

What about someone like me without any of those research works, conference attendance like the case in Nigeria or name on any article?

Enlighten me more sir. Thanks

Like I wrote earlier, it isn't a crime not to have any of these things. Nigeria being a 3rd world country lacks infrastructures for such and all one has to do is to state it in your SOP as the reason why you don't have any of such experience. However, also show your willingness and interest in research by stating ongoing researches being carried out by the Professors which are your reasons for choosing the school.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 6:24am On Aug 18, 2013
OjaP:

Imperiouxx, this one wey Ms Nas say make una relate....hmm.

Just beware, na Festac girl oooo..... grin grin

Nothing to fear about Festac chics. They are wonderful people and they make good wives.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by roli21: 6:24am On Aug 18, 2013
bigfrancis021:

Send a blank email to selfstudy360@gmail.com and you'll receive an automatic email response containing the download links you need.

Thks bigfrankometer....

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.