Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,158 members, 7,953,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:09 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (494766 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 4:02pm On Aug 24, 2013
imperiouxx:

The ITguru Mr. Web is hearing. He put up and maintains the link. Hope he would do something about it fast. Cheers!

Ok. Oga Webstradamous... I get it right? Please bia oh smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:07pm On Aug 24, 2013
foohard: Hello House,

Please my school is in chicago.. where can I get good health insurance for a reasonable fee.. My school charged me 1870usd for fall term only. thats outrageous naa..

If your school agrees that you can get your insurance on your own, try this insurance search engine www.nriol.net

Set the limit of medical expense to $50,000 and deductible to $2,500 and you would be amazed by the cheap insurance you'd find.

With those settings above and assuming your age to be 30, your insurance for fall only is $141.12 (Atlas America) or $126.00 (Patriot America)

But for ages within 25 to 29, highest is $104.16 (Atlas America) or $95.20 (Patriot America)

PS: Deductible means it's only medical bill ≥ $2,500 that the insurance company will be responsible for.

Choosing the least deductible like I always do means YOU DON'T FALL SICK but only pay for insurance to fulfill DHS rules.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
imperiouxx:

If your school agrees that you can get your insurance on your own, try this insurance search engine www.nriol.net

Set the limit of medical expense to $50,000 and deductible to $2,500 and you would be amazed by the cheap insurance you'd find.

With those settings above and assuming your age to be 30, your insurance for fall only is $141.12 (Atlas America) or $126.00 (Patriot America)

But for ages within 25 to 29, highest is $104.16 (Atlas America) or $95.20 (Patriot America)

PS: Deductible means it's only medical bill ≥ $2,500 that the insurance company will be responsible for.

Choosing the least deductible like I always do means YOU DON'T FALL SICK but only pay for insurance to fulfill DHS rules.

God bless you bro. I assume my school allows student to buy insurance from outside because it is stated clearly on bursar site that we can sign out of the insurance if I don't want insurance from the school.

Do you suggest I send an e-mail to the program director to ask about it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 4:46pm On Aug 24, 2013
samnoah:

Oga Imperiouxx I sent my e-mail to the designated address already. Waiting to get the required materials Sir. I'm writing both GRE and TOEFL.

Boss... Don't send your e-mail. Send an empty e-mail to the e-mail Sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2013
foohard:

God bless you bro. I assume my school allows student to buy insurance from outside because it is stated clearly on bursar site that we can sign out of the insurance if I don't want insurance from the school.

Do you suggest I send an e-mail to the program director to ask about it?

Yes, tell the international advisor that you're coming with your insurance and see what (s)he would say.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 5:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
samnoah:

Ok. Oga Webstradamous... I get it right? Please bia oh smiley

If you truly sent an email to selfstudy360@gmail.com you should have received an immediate response (usually within a few minutes). I just checked the logs and all five requests for today were replied automatically with the links. Check your junk folder if you don't find it in your inbox.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Adroitbabz: 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
log1:
You wont be asked where you want your scores to be sent to during phone reg. You do dat urself after d test provided u click on report test score

Tnx 4 d info sir, so I guess aftr d test one will jst select report test n input d list of schs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
webstradamus:

If you truly sent an email to selfstudy360@gmail.com you should have received an immediate response (usually within a few minutes). I just checked the logs and all five requests for today were replied automatically with the links. Check your junk folder if you don't find it in your inbox.

ITguru has spoken!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oluwatosin4us(m): 8:26pm On Aug 24, 2013
hello guys ..how are you doing ? just wanna use this time to appreciate you guys and to say a very big thanks to you all ....am always here and i will never forget NAIRALAND after a successful trip, BABA IMPERIOUXX you are A wOnderful GUY i must say this to everyone here, you deserve an accolade or a prestigious gift, please keep on doing the good work , ALMIGHTY JEHOVAH WILL SURELY REWARD YOU .AND TO SOME STILL LOOKING UNTO GOD FOR HELP AND SUCCESS STORY , AM VERY SURE JEHOVAH WILL SURELY HELP YOU OUT, JUST STICK TO JEHOVAH GOD AND YOUR STORY WILL CHANGE FOR GOOD, BET IT WITH ME , HE WONT DISAPPOINT YOU WHEN YOU PLAY YOUR OWN PART.LOVE YOU GUYS .LOVE YOU ALL

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 9:01pm On Aug 24, 2013
oluwatosin4us: hello guys ..how are you doing ? just wanna use this time to appreciate you guys and to say a very big thanks to you all ....am always here and i will never forget NAIRALAND after a successful trip, BABA IMPERIOUXX you are A wOnderful GUY i must say this to everyone here, you deserve an accolade or a prestigious gift, please keep on doing the good work , ALMIGHTY JEHOVAH WILL SURELY REWARD YOU .AND TO SOME STILL LOOKING UNTO GOD FOR HELP AND SUCCESS STORY , AM VERY SURE JEHOVAH WILL SURELY HELP YOU OUT, JUST STICK TO JEHOVAH GOD AND YOUR STORY WILL CHANGE FOR GOOD, BET IT WITH ME , HE WONT DISAPPOINT YOU WHEN YOU PLAY YOUR OWN PART.LOVE YOU GUYS .LOVE YOU ALL
We love you too. Pray for the rest of us. Thumps up to imperiouxx baba! One love bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 9:31pm On Aug 24, 2013
foohard:

My bro, I agree totally that prayer goes a long way. However, since he has a denial record, the VO frawn automatically at the application. So, it is advsable to go with an unconditional admission. My 2kobo bro

Southwestern Oklahoma State University and Drexel University accept my Toefl for normal admission, please i want to know if Southwestern Oklahoma State University and Drexel University are good enough, can i get a visa with either of them? I need reply before i proceed with their applications.

10X!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by odunragbada: 9:54pm On Aug 24, 2013
Dear friends,

I want you to shed more lights on studying in united state.
1.Can I refuse to resume in the school that offered me admission and work for a year before applying
to another school that is cheaper.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2013
Tochium:

Southwestern Oklahoma State University and Drexel University accept my Toefl for normal admission, please i want to know if Southwestern Oklahoma State University and Drexel University are good enough, can i get a visa with either of them? I need reply before i proceed with their applications.

10X!

Southwestern Oklahoma State University (SWOSU) is a public university in Weatherford and Sayre, Oklahoma. It is one of seven state regional universities in the state of Oklahoma. SWOSU is placed at Tier 1 in the category "Regional Universities (West)" in the 2011 U.S. News & World Report.[4] SWOSU has 15 nationally accredited academic programs--the most among Oklahoma's senior regional universities.

@bolded.. sounds good. relatively small in endowment though but I feel you are good to go with it cos it a public school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 10:23pm On Aug 24, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yes, tell the international advisor that you're coming with your insurance and see what (s)he would say.

the below message is extracted from my school website:

All full-time students are required to have health insurance coverage. The health insurance premium is added automatically to your account balance unless you qualify for a waiver. To opt out of the Loyola plan, log on to LOCUS, then click on "Student Health Insurance" in the "Campus Finances" section. You may then waive out of the plan after providing the information for your current plan. For more information about Loyola's student health insurance policy, visit the Bursar - Health Insurance page.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 10:46pm On Aug 24, 2013
foohard:

Southwestern Oklahoma State University (SWOSU) is a public university in Weatherford and Sayre, Oklahoma. It is one of seven state regional universities in the state of Oklahoma. SWOSU is placed at Tier 1 in the category "Regional Universities (West)" in the 2011 U.S. News & World Report.[4] SWOSU has 15 nationally accredited academic programs--the most among Oklahoma's senior regional universities.

@bolded.. sounds good. relatively small in endowment though but I feel you are good to go with it cos it a public school.

Thank you, I just filed my application to Southwestern Oklahoma State University (they accept online application), next week i will FedEx my documents and certificate to them. Please how do i send my TOEFL SCORE to them from ETS?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 10:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
oluwatosin4us: hello guys ..how are you doing ? just wanna use this time to appreciate you guys and to say a very big thanks to you all ....am always here and i will never forget NAIRALAND after a successful trip, BABA IMPERIOUXX you are A wOnderful GUY i must say this to everyone here, you deserve an accolade or a prestigious gift, please keep on doing the good work , ALMIGHTY JEHOVAH WILL SURELY REWARD YOU .AND TO SOME STILL LOOKING UNTO GOD FOR HELP AND SUCCESS STORY , AM VERY SURE JEHOVAH WILL SURELY HELP YOU OUT, JUST STICK TO JEHOVAH GOD AND YOUR STORY WILL CHANGE FOR GOOD, BET IT WITH ME , HE WONT DISAPPOINT YOU WHEN YOU PLAY YOUR OWN PART.LOVE YOU GUYS .LOVE YOU ALL

Reverberating Amen! God bless you and everyone on this thread too. Y'all deserve the best and will surely get the best out of your lives. Do enjoy yourself bro!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 1:15am On Aug 25, 2013
Y'all just knowing?.... Imperiouxx is the man!

He has my respect anytime, any day!!! wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 3:11am On Aug 25, 2013
foohard:

Oh.. Ok!
If that's the purpose, then you may proceed if the gurus in the house say conditional admission is not a red flag for F1 VISA.

Best of luck.
Psiservice.com...I recommend the platinum package
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by klplus: 5:26am On Aug 25, 2013
hello all,
I believe I owe this house my visa testimony and I want to give thanks to God. My special regards to everyone in the house, all regards to the leaders in the house. My testimony should be an encouragement to guys in their early 30's cos I fall in that age group. I used to work in a Nigerian bank till February 2012, I have 6 years working experience in the Nigerian banking industry. I prayed for over 3 months and fasted for 2 weeks, God answers prayers after several near misses searching for another bank job. I did my interview @ the Lagos embassy early this month and fortunately the famous chinko guy was doing biometrics and not interviewing, there were 5 ladies interviewing people, 2 black Americans. I was interviewed by an elderly black woman in her early 50's. My experience:
Me: good morning ma'am
vo:hi, good morning
vo: what are going to do in the US
Me: my masters,
vo: everyone today seems to be going to grad school
me: yeah, smile
vo: where are u going to
me: FIU, miami florida
vo: what course
me: applied maths, my specialization is in risk analysis and management
vo: good,why did you chose FIU
me: I was about to download, I came across a research by prof... (vo cuts in)
vo: oh i see, u gat funding from the school(i have 80% funding+stipend)
me yeah
vo:how many schools did u choose apart from FIU and how many admitted you
me:4 schools, fiu and 3 others namely nmsu,isu,nyit, I was admitted by fiu,isu and nyit
vo:ok, when did you graduate
me: 2003
vo: what have u been doing since then
me: went for nysc 2003-04,lectured in laspotech 2004-06( vo cuts in)
vo: ok, why applied maths,typing
me: like i said earlier my specialization is in risk analysis and mgt, my plan is to return back to Nigeria knowing fully well that my bank has a re-absorption policy, they re-absorb staff that have gone to further their studies, I have plans to return back to my job in a management role to help formulate credit risk policies that will reduce/mitigate the instances of credit failures and loan defaults
vo:did you write any standardized test
me:yes, i wrote gre and ielts( my gre is very low 297, my q=152)
vo:can i see your gre
me: cos i know my gre is low, i gave her my gre,ielts, transcript(i had a 2.1 in pure and applied maths) and certificate, so she was looking at my gre and my transcript too
vo:your gre is low, your quantitative is low
me:that is the score required for the quant,152
vo: the quant is average
me:yes, well that is the main reason why i left my job, the demand of the job did not give me the enough time to prepare for my gre
vo:how long did you work in the bank
me: btw 2008 and 2012 inclusive,then ....
vo:thats about 5years
me: yes
vo: ok,what was your role in the bank( I guess she was asking this questions to check if there is any discrepancies with my DS160, to see if i will falter)
me: operation risk analyst, my job function is(vo cuts in..ok)
vo: types....who will take care of the balance (about $4k)
me: my wife
vo:typing... what does she do
me:she works in a bank
vo smiles, everybody works in a bank
me: smile, well that job pay our bills
vo:what is her job function
me:operation manager
vo: do you have any children
me:yes, i have a 5 year old son and...(she cuts in)
vo:oh,good for you
vo: she types for 20 secs, and started telling me about my rights when I get to the US and all, finally she gave me the white paper and the small pamphlet to go to airport road and pick my visa. she said congrats, enjoy your stay in the US.

It was just God, I rarely finished answering any question before she cuts in and answer the questions herself or just moves to the next question. she was really friendly, subtle and nice. I am very grateful to God. I am in Florida now. I am also very grateful to you guys.sorry if there are any errors, typed it in a hurry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 7:05am On Aug 25, 2013
@ kiplus Congrat and welcome to obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Spanishmario(m): 7:50am On Aug 25, 2013
Rily enjoying d thread nd once again congrats 2 dose who ave travelled, dose abt 2, dose dat ave dia visas nd dose dat we get diaz dis week...S/O 2 imperioux,BIGFRANCIS,chuks,Gboyega,Ojap nd d list goes on
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mandybaby2007: 8:22am On Aug 25, 2013
Goodmorning house, i just wish to state that this forum is a blessing to a whole lotta pple me inclusive without this forum the mistakes i wuda made wuda disastrous, i wish 2specialy apreciate babsharon d guy is too much, i have scheduled my visa apointment for sept 9, my school resumes 8th/jan, but i just read on us embasy site dt student visas mayb issued no more than 120days prior to d date mentioned on your I-20, sept9-jan8 is more than 120days shd i reschedule for a later date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mandybaby2007: 8:57am On Aug 25, 2013
odunragbada: Dear friends,

I want you to shed more lights on studying in united state.
1.Can I refuse to resume in the school that offered me admission and work for a year before applying
to another school that is cheaper

Odunragbada, I aint no guru here but i have been under studying d gurus closely(justwise, babsharon dem) nd learning a lot frm them, when u say shed more light u no indicate weda na halogen bulb or 200watts loll just kidding
1. U cannot refuse 2start school in d school dt offered u admision(i.e u used dier I20 2get VISA) nd start working for 1yr if u do dt wit F1 visa u wil fall out of status,if u fall outta status only ucsis can reinstate u nd twil involve using a lawyer nd plenty long thg lik dt, u best bet is 2start in d school dt gave u I20/visa then transfer 2a cheaper school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 25, 2013
@Mandybaby, pls you'll need to re-schedule ur appointment.. I guess we're in the same boat, but my own school resumes Jan. 13th..

I'd like u to re-schedule to sometime in Sept. ending.. Or mid Sept..
I'll be scheduling mine to Sept. ending.. So that i won't have issue with the 120 days rule..
See ya at the top..
CHEERS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 9:46am On Aug 25, 2013
Amefrica: @Mandybaby, pls you'll need to re-schedule ur appointment.. I guess we're in the same boat, but my own school resumes Jan. 13th..

I'd like u to re-schedule to sometime in Sept. ending.. Or mid Sept..
I'll be scheduling mine to Sept. ending.. So that i won't have issue with the 120 days rule..
See ya at the top..
CHEERS
I will suggest that you guys should consider dates in october.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 10:00am On Aug 25, 2013
vivysparkles:
Psiservice.com...I recommend the platinum package

Pretty girl... Thats pretty expensive naa... just as what my school billed me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2013
mandybaby2007: Goodmorning house, i just wish to state that this forum is a blessing to a whole lotta pple me inclusive without this forum the mistakes i wuda made wuda disastrous, i wish 2specialy apreciate babsharon d guy is too much, i have scheduled my visa apointment for sept 9, my school resumes 8th/jan, but i just read on us embasy site dt student visas mayb issued no more than 120days prior to d date mentioned on your I-20, sept9-jan8 is more than 120days shd i reschedule for a later date?
You can pick α date in October or November. Good u realised is too early †̥o show up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2013
babsharon:
You can pick α date in October or November. Good u realised is too early †̥o show up.

Exactly bro, you are veryy right on point!!!!!

I don't know why you guys are in a hurry...

Same goes to you too @Amefrica, Pick dates in October and NOT September... I keep telling you that september is too early but una no dey hear word......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2013
Tochium:

Thank you, I just filed my application to Southwestern Oklahoma State University (they accept online application), next week i will FedEx my documents and certificate to them. Please how do i send my TOEFL SCORE to them from ETS?

Pls Bros, NEVER send your certificate to any school for admission if requested because you are Never getting it back from the school..

Any documents submitted to schools becomes the school's Property, so if you send your Certificate to them, they will NEVER send it back to you because it has become the school's property.

If they accept scanned copies, then you can scan and send it to em by email,

But if they DON'T accept scanned copies then the Best you can do is to make a Coloured photocopy of the certificate which will look exactly like the Original one, then take it to a law court and have it NOTARIZED... Simple!!!!!!

Cheers bro...

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Italian Student Visa-help! / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.