Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,913 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488018 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 2:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
foohard:

I'm less than 30 and I will also save 1k, but imperioux option would let me save 1.5k which is good enough for me to by Macbook pro 2013 (retina display) for the program.

You got my point? I guess you should check the site too

Oh ok cool...i guess it's different for Florida cos my school fave minimum requirements which the insurance should meet and that wax th cheapest I could get.$500,000 coverage minimum
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigass(f): 2:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hello house. My friend has interview at the Lagos consulate tomorrow but her bag containing her passport was stolen this afternoon. Kindly advise her.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hello House,

I went to University of Ibadan hospital to get the required vaccines for my school. The nurses where telling to go and buy some vaccines from chemist outside. Is that what is required? They were like they have some they would give me but I have to buy some outside.

Is that how it is done? because me was thinking they would run some test on me and give me a note to show the school that I am ok bla bla bla...

Please throw some light on this..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
foohard: Hello House,

I went to University of Ibadan hospital to get the required vaccines for my school. The nurses where telling to go and buy some vaccines from chemist outside. Is that what is required? They were like they have some they would give me but I have to buy some outside.

Is that how it is done? because me was thinking they would run some test on me and give me a note to show the school that I am ok bla bla bla...

Please throw some light on this..
What vaccines do u wanna take? Is it Jaja clinic u went to or UCH?
Just giving notes to say u're Ok is insufficient.UCH would have all d vaccines u need.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
winbyforce:
@OjaP and imperiouxx,are u guys very sure about this? I have read interview transcripts on this thread about guys admitted to harvard and other schools who were able to secure loans. They are MPH students sha. Abi dem dey lie?

babsharon:
Yeah I also read it bro !!! Very strange †̥o mε now.

I assumed the poster said it's possible for an international student to walk up to a loan company or bank and ask for loan. For you to be able to do that, you must have a good credit score (that means you've been in residing US for sometime with good creditworthiness from your creditors) or a strong co-signer and who's ready to part away with his car/house in case you default? Loan in US must be paid at the due date, else, the co-signer credit score goes bad and (s)he lost creditworthiness and will find it hard to get a loan or co-sign for anyone else for years.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
winbyforce:
What vaccines do u wanna take? Is it Jaja clinic u went to or UCH?
Just giving notes to say u're Ok is insufficient.UCH would have all d vaccines u need.

Just as I thought.

I went to Jaja bro, do I need to take any vaccine or should just get note that I'm ok. I still need a document to show the school you know?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
eucharia64: HI all, i do not have any relatives in the US. if i am asked where will u stay in the us what is expected of me?

The school housing or house are going to rent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2013
foohard:

Just as I thought.

I went to Jaja bro, do I need to take any vaccine or should just get note that I'm ok. I still need a document to show the school you know?
Please take the vaccines if u haven't taken them before. Its cheap and beneficial. Once vaccinated,you'll be given d documentation needed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 5:08pm On Aug 26, 2013
imperiouxx:

I'm surprised too. Int'l students are not qualify for any student loans.

Schools and DHS are much concerned about run-a-ways. For ages, transfer ain't crime but one's wish and another way int'l students don't join group of street urchin in the US.

Actually Int'l students qualify for some kinds of loans and yes, transferring is absolutely not a crime.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 5:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
winbyforce:
Please take the vaccines if u haven't taken them before. Its cheap and beneficial. Once vaccinated,you'll be given d documentation needed

ok... Will do that. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eucharia64: 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
OK THANKS ALOT
imperiouxx:

The school housing or house are going to rent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nairaspace: 7:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
What have i missed Been busy busy busy... Congrats to those who got dem visas.... and to the expecting expecters --- Dont give up and be very confident.

I am here to answer questions and i will try to respond as fast as i can.. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
nairaspace: What have i missed Been busy busy busy... Congrats to those who got dem visas.... and to the expecting expecters --- Dont give up and be very confident.

I am here to help answer some question and i will try as fast as i can.. wink

I see you are one of the pioneers of this thread smiley smiley We are delighted to have you back smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 9:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
Imperriouxx, abeg I need some answers from you. Please pm me when you see this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 9:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
kofsy:
I see you are one of the pioneers of this thread smiley smiley We are delighted to have you back smiley
And it would be a pleasant surprise if femilangy,the guy that started this US student visa thread, visited the thread and see what his idea has turned into. Nairaspace,you're welcome back! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 10:17pm On Aug 26, 2013
eucharia64: HI all, i do not have any relatives in the US. if i am asked where will u stay in the us what is expected of me?

You tell them that you will stay in school hostel
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 10:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
bigass: Hello house. My friend has interview at the Lagos consulate tomorrow but her bag containing her passport was stolen this afternoon. Kindly advise her.

My own advice is for her to just cancel the appointment first and get a police report so that she can go to passport office and get a new passport but am sure she will go to ABUJA for her to get a new passport since it was stolen but i learnt that its a bit stressful and bit cost... let her do this as soon as possible cos it takes weeks for her to get new passport
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:54am On Aug 27, 2013
Ms Nas: Imperriouxx, abeg I need some answers from you. Please pm me when you see this

Done
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 8:16am On Aug 27, 2013
kofsy:
welcome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by double08(m): 11:23am On Aug 27, 2013
Been trying to search for some schools now and the least tuition I could get is 26500 this includes tuition and housing for one year.

My question is,is this the lowest I can get? Are there cheaper ones?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 11:46am On Aug 27, 2013
double08: Been trying to search for some schools now and the least tuition I could get is 26500 this includes tuition and housing for one year.

NO. There are some relatively cheaper schools. Search better sir. Why not take a look at schools in Minnesota.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 11:55am On Aug 27, 2013
Help me out can I pay my SEVIS fee using master card as stated in their website?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 12:16pm On Aug 27, 2013
Babs911: Help me out can I pay my SEVIS fee using master card as stated in their website?

you can not pay SEVIS fee with credit card from Nigeria. If you have somebody in US let him/her help u pay with money order/Check or Western Union. Alternatively, anybody in any country other than US can send it pay for u via WESTERN UNION
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 12:45pm On Aug 27, 2013
double08: Been trying to search for some schools now and the least tuition I could get is 26500 this includes tuition and housing for one year.

The cheaper the less the standard
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 27, 2013
Tochium:

What an erroneous statement!!!.....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 27, 2013
Tochium:

Your statement proves how unequivocally naïve you are. You obviously havent heard of the likes of UT Austin, UC-Berkeley, TAMU etc, try and do a little research and stop boring us with your small mindedness.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jonnyp(m): 1:39pm On Aug 27, 2013
Ricky ROzay Baba tuale...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2013
syahboy: Your statement proves how unequivocally naïve you are. You obviously havent heard of the likes of UT Austin, UC-Berkeley, TAMU etc, try and do a little research and stop boring us with your small mindedness.

Chop knuckle !!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 27, 2013
@Tochium, you got it wrong. All reactions are equal and opposite. If the candidate wants to abscond, the lower his expenses abroad, the better his stay. Applicants who look for Community Colleges are really not crazy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nairaspace: 3:09pm On Aug 27, 2013
Tochium:

The University of Michigan—Ann Arbor, University of Virginia and the University of California—Los Angeles, for example, all rank among the top 30 universities in the country and offer prices below $13,500 for students lucky enough to live in those states(evidently not internationals). That is a bargain when compared with the more than $40,000 tuition rates at similarly ranked private institutions such as Carnegie Mellon University or the University of Southern California.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 3:54pm On Aug 27, 2013
Amefrica:

Chop knuckle !!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2013
syahboy: Your statement proves how unequivocally naïve you are. You obviously havent heard of the likes of UT Austin, UC-Berkeley, TAMU etc, try and do a little research and stop boring us with your small mindedness.

Mind the words u use on me

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.