Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,741 members, 7,837,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488660 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 9:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:

No vex, I ddnt mean to discredit you, just wanted people to know the requirments. If you are registered without a passport, when you get to the test center they will ask for one. You can't take the test without a passport, that's what I meant to say. Thanks for the info, more power to you.
U are welcome sir. Actually d honor of dat piece isn't for me cos am nt d Author.
True dat u'll need an int'l passport to write any ETS's test and Toefl isn't an exception. All d best wishes frm me to u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 12:25am On Sep 13, 2013
LOLZ, omo ibadan ti gba i-20 na to go straight to the embassy and tell the VO give me my visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 13, 2013
smithjanetstore: LOLZ, omo ibadan ti gba i-20 na to go straight to the embassy and tell the VO give me my visa

Lmao!! Yes ke! Thanks bro.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by francisabuah: 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
plz about the registration of the GRE by our selves,made mention of gt master card.r u sayin is only gtb master card cud work cos i hav sky bank visa card.plz really wanna know if my sky bank visa card cud work thanks.need responsilbe fast plz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
francisabuah: plz about the registration of the GRE by our selves,made mention of gt master card.r u sayin is only gtb master card cud work cos i hav sky bank visa card.plz really wanna know if my sky bank visa card cud work thanks.need responsilbe fast plz

From my experience, you can use that of any bank. Just that that of GTB doesn't give issues. I used Access'.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 5:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
whats really happening the house is some how dry these days where are my ogas on the top wey dey make the house giniger. impe, bigf,babsharon,de tus,nd ............
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 6:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
smithjanetstore: NAIRALANDERS i need help my cousins admission packet and I-20 arrived today from so so so university............. and has to resume at the school no lather than august is going for undergraduate studies but his school cert is 2005 somebody pls help me out on how to fill the 8yrs GAPS in order for him to stand the V.O questions beacuse some of the V.O yilori gan and which date will be very ok for his interview i mean before the school resumption date a month, or more than or less than i need quick response please because his days are limited he has only few months to go.

Smith Janet: What's up with you or your cousin? You didn't tell us about you or your cousin's interview experience. Na wa for una oooo grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
Seems folks are quite busy. ***cycles away on my Raleigh like a palm-wine tapper.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OlaJesu18: 8:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
Harmony222:

thanks for your swift reply.........buh what about the option for going through visit visa route would i be granted cos i thought laying the fact that am a 300level student would serve as a strong tie between me and my country which might convince the VO, then after getting it by God grace i would apply for a change of status(am just saying) to be eligible to start a new program there(am not satisfied with my current gpa am not sure i will graduate with a 3.0/5.0, i know what am saying)...... please i need strong advice cos my head is way too scattered now that i cant think straight.. please dont mind my confusing issue. God bless

Okay I don't really get you, are you saying you want to come into US with a B1 Visit Visa then change to a student when you get here? I'm sorry but I don't think that's ever possible. The school needs you to have an F1 or J1 to study.
I doubt if you are a genuine university student anyway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
OlaJesu18:

Okay I don't really get you, are you saying you want to come into US with a B1 Visit Visa then change to a student when you get here? I'm sorry but I don't think that's ever possible. The school needs you to have an F1 or J1 to study.
I doubt if you are a genuine university student anyway.

[size=13pt]Ola Jesu mi O![/size]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by elkharpone: 11:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
imperiouxx:

lmao... imperiouxx you bad gan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFdENIGMA: 11:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
@ALL, is the GRE unofficial score from online test always same as the official for Q & V? Does it differ? If it differ does it increase or decrease? past test taker fill me in with your experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by starbwoiy: 11:45pm On Sep 13, 2013
Please i really need help here... I just got my admission letter concerning the major of art in music from so so so university am about to book an appointment though am not really scared of the consulate i just feel i should post this just in case i might find someone that has had this experince before about this major of mine i need hint about the question they are going to ask me when i appear in front of the consulate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 12:57am On Sep 14, 2013
starbwoiy: Please i really need help here... I just got my admission letter concerning the major of art in music from so so so university am about to book an appointment though am not really scared of the consulate i just feel i should post this just in case i might find someone that has had this experince before about this major of mine i need hint about the question they are going to ask me when i appear in front of the consulate.

I will advise you to go through this tread from Part 1 to Part 4 which will gives you answers to your questions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:12am On Sep 14, 2013
JFdENIGMA: @ALL, is the GRE unofficial score from online test always same as the official for Q & V? Does it differ? If it differ does it increase or decrease? past test taker fill me in with your experience.

The official Verbal and Quantitative scores do not differ from the estimated scores given immediately after the test.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OlaJesu18: 6:33am On Sep 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yezzir, Present Oga Imperiouxx! Lol don't you think we should know your name?
I hope i didn't say more than my mouth regarding that issue though ? Was only speculating due to his write-up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OlaJesu18: 6:40am On Sep 14, 2013
starbwoiy:

I will advise you to go through this tread from Part 1 to Part 4 which will gives you answers to your questions

I don't think it is really possible for you to read EVERYTHING unless you are really free e.g if you don't work at the moment and all other stuffs. My advice is flip through from part 1 as the first guy told you too but try to look for anything that's in accordance with yours. You will definitely see, while I was preparing for mine. I had anxiety so reading people talking about getting the v... just got me more worried. Had a lot of sleepless night all to get important information and details out of the old thread and I must say that it was of a great use. Also put things in Gods hand and he will do it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:50am On Sep 14, 2013
OlaJesu18:

Yezzir, Present Oga Imperiouxx! Lol don't you think we should know your name?
I hope i didn't say more than my house can take regarding that issue though ? Was only speculating due to his write-up.

grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:50am On Sep 14, 2013
elkharpone: lmao... imperiouxx you bad gan

grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:57am On Sep 14, 2013
May be this is only for this particular course, why these application fees are at the high side this time? The least I found is $75 and got 28 PhD schools on my radar for pharmacology ± toxicology, of which 12 are main targets. Even this university of MN (though not my favorite) is $95. Na wetin sef? angry angry angry

Those that applied to University of MN (BS/MS) is that what you paid?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 10:57am On Sep 14, 2013
imperiouxx: May be this is only for this particular course, why these application fees are at the high side this time? The least I found is $75 and got 28 PhD schools on my radar for pharmacology ± toxicology, of which 12 are main targets. Even this university of MN (though not my favorite) is $95. Na wetin sef? angry angry angry

Those that applied to University of MN (BS/MS) is that what you paid?
12 kee !!! I fear you baba imperiouxx.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 11:30am On Sep 14, 2013
babsharon:
12 kee !!! I fear you baba imperiouxx.

I need to try my luck with those all-eyed well paid and research schools. Like Albert Einstein College of Medicine: tuition remission with $31,500 stipend and health insurance. Boston: tuition remission with $31,000 stipend. Cornell: tuition remission with $34,000 stipend etc. I'm coming north-east home of pharmaceuticals and biomedicals.

Where are these MN guys?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

I need to try those all-eyed well paid and research schools. Like Albert Einstein College of Medicine: tuition remission with $31,500 stipend and health insurance. Boston: tuition remission with $31,000 stipend. Cornell: tuition remission with $34,000 stipend etc. I'm coming north-east where there are many biomedical opportunities.

Where are these MN guys?

Present Sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 11:35am On Sep 14, 2013
Amefrica:

Present Sir!

Did you pay $95 for AF?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

Did you pay $95 for AF?

No, I didn't.. For what App. fee was even waived for me.. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 11:56am On Sep 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

I need to try my luck with those all-eyed well paid and research schools. Like Albert Einstein College of Medicine: tuition remission with $31,500 stipend and health insurance. Boston: tuition remission with $31,000 stipend. Cornell: tuition remission with $34,000 stipend etc. I'm coming north-east home of pharmaceuticals and biomedicals.

Where are these MN guys?
Yepa !!! These kind of stipends too heavy oo. But †̥o say d fact. Baba imperiouxx u too like MONEY. LMAO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
babsharon:
Yepa !!! These kind of stipends too heavy oo. But †̥o say d fact. Baba imperiouxx u too like MONEY. LMAO

lolz... It's an indication of research institute. I need a good research school. Secondly, as a student, I won't work for many years and still be paying for tuition and living expenses...... Do you think that augurs well?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
Amefrica:

No, I didn't.. For what App. fee was even waived for me.. cheesy

I'm surprised too. I know how to go about it now. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

I'm surprised too. I know how to go about it now. Thanks

grin grin grin Welcome bro !!!! wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

lolz... It's an indication of research institute. I need a good research school. Secondly, as a student, I won't work for many years and still be paying for tuition and living expenses...... Do you think that augurs well?
Yes sir, I can see that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by steve4ever: 3:54pm On Sep 14, 2013
I got a date in abuja but all my docu was addres 2lag embsy, pls hous am i safe to go wit dos docu? Wht ll i giv as xcuse if asked y abuj?

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.