Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,993 members, 7,825,069 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488087 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 8:26am On Sep 23, 2013
De Tus: @foohard, seunolumonday is almost ready i guess. Her cooking prowess would definitely make guys go gaga on her someday. Men do love food :-). @seunolumonday, ekaro!

Yes ooo... Some going gags already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 8:48am On Sep 23, 2013
seunolumonday: Ok ooo,i hope u wont be shy 2 eat lol By God's'grace d visa is mine
shy for food lailai, you got mail. kindly reply asap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by seunolumonday(f): 10:17am On Sep 23, 2013
dont mind dem jare dey too like food,Ekaro sir to you to oooo
De Tus: @foohard, seunolumonday is almost ready i guess. Her cooking prowess would definitely make guys go gaga on her someday. Men do love food :-). @seunolumonday, ekaro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by seunolumonday(f): 10:17am On Sep 23, 2013
yes its ready,amen ooooo tank u all for all d prayers and support i appreciate
foohard:

Chai how u take know say I dey US, I wanted to form say I dey Naija ni... The VISA is urs by Gods grace

All your responses to frequently asked questions should be ready by now..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyero1: 10:43am On Sep 23, 2013
Pls ous,I just joined dis thread,I need ppl 2 give me schools I can apply 2 in d USA. I'll be applyn 4 Ph.D in mathematics.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by 9raCash: 11:24am On Sep 23, 2013
if you have the receipt you make your western nuion or money order with, just go with that, worst if it has not reflected on their system they will tell you to come back on any mon or wed as soon as your sevis shows up. that was what happened to me, am still waiting for my sevis to show up but i have been given a document to come back soon as i print out the sevis receipt.
Babs911: pls help me out can I reschedule my appoitment date a date to my interview? My sevis still delay. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 11:26am On Sep 23, 2013
oyero1: Pls ous,I just joined dis thread,I need ppl 2 give me schools I can apply 2 in d USA. I'll be applyn 4 Ph.D in mathematics.

Lol. Welcome. Karin ka po, yiye ni yeni = there is joy and pride in togetherness.

To your question sir.
No one will do that for you sir. You should know what suites your purse, ambition, qualifications, etc.
Since you are applying for PhD in the US with a Nigerian degree (I guess), our ogas here have argued that it pays to apply to like 6,7,8,9,10,11,12...30 schools (as u like it smiley ). This is important because PhD admission is highly competitive. One of our tender, devoted, adorable, etc. oga here (Imperiouxx) seems to have like 28 schools in his radar. The implication of this is that u shld be prepared to apply to SCHOOOLLSS. Fasten ur seat-belt.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 12:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
oyero1: Pls ous,I just joined dis thread,I need ppl 2 give me schools I can apply 2 in d USA. I'll be applyn 4 Ph.D in mathematics.
Very good. You are welcome to the domain of informed minds. Maybe we should give you a name to bear too!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
Ricky Rozay, trying to reach you via PM sire. Do well by responding> bless u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 23, 2013

You need people to GIVE you schools, ba? K'aabo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 1:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
godG: Ricky Rozay, trying to reach you via PM sire. Do well by responding> bless u.

Responded u bro. Pls reply bck with ur message.

Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 1:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Responded u bro. Pls reply bck with ur message.

Cheers.

Replied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
foohard:

@samnoah... Hope you got the bolded.

Boss, got it! Enough materials from this blessed house so far... Good to be here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
@oyero1, you ought to be caned for asking us to give you schools. We're neither the Senate nor Admission Officers. You really have to get down to business and figure out what you want by yourself. Welcome to our world anyway:-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:42pm On Sep 23, 2013
godG:

Lol. Welcome. Karin ka po, yiye ni yeni = there is joy and pride in togetherness.

To your question sir.
No one will do that for you sir. You should know what suites your purse, ambition, qualifications, etc.
Since you are applying for PhD in the US with a Nigerian degree (I guess), our ogas here have argued that it pays to apply to like 6,7,8,9,10,11,12...30 schools (as u like it smiley ). This is important because PhD admission is highly competitive. One of our tender, devoted, adorable, etc. oga here (Imperiouxx) seems to have like 28 schools in his radar. The implication of this is that u shld be prepared to apply to SCHOOOLLSS. Fasten ur seat-belt.

One in NY and the other BU (Boston University) told me their funding is for Americans or the permanent resident, so not advised to apply as an international cry cry

I'm still tracking others though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 3:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
imperiouxx:

One in NY and the other BU (Boston University) told me their funding is for Americans or the permit resident, so not advised to apply as an international cry cry

I'm still tracking others though.

You can imagine that. Only d strong will walk tall oo. I've got u in my prayers bro. cheesy You will hit a deal soon!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:55pm On Sep 23, 2013
godG:

You can imagine that. Only d strong will walk tall oo. I've got u in my prayers bro. cheesy You will hit a deal soon!

Thanks bro! I was so mad when I heard that from the departmental chair. I haven't applied to anyone but still writing and waiting for reply from those profs (it's when they are ready to give me a position in their lab that I start with application process).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 5:45pm On Sep 23, 2013
imperiouxx:

Thanks bro! I was so mad when I heard that from the departmental chair. I haven't applied to anyone but still writing and waiting for reply from those profs (it's when they are ready to give me a position in their lab that I start with application process).

It's well bro! Funding is VERY important when it comes to PhD. Something great will come out from them. They'v got no choice. Keep up the good work sire.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:56pm On Sep 23, 2013
godG:

It's well bro! Funding is VERY important when it comes to PhD. Something great will come out from them. They'v got no choice. Keep up the good work sire.

Just checked my school email now and got this:

Dear ------,

Thank you for your email. I typically take on one new graduate student each year. BU is always interested in more good students, so feel free to apply for the 2014-2015 academic year.

Sincerely,
Professor Mark Grinstaff

It's gonna be fight!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 6:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
imperiouxx:

Dear ------,

Thank you for your email. I typically take on one new graduate student each year. BU is always interested in more good students, so feel free to apply for the 2014-2015 academic year.

Sincerely,
Professor Mark Grinstaff

You think we can't quote you grin grin grin

Congrats on that, you now need to build a rapport with this professor and carry him along in every steps of your application. Believe me, he won't have a choice when the time comes. All the best bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
imperiouxx:

Just checked my school email now and got this:

It's gonna be fight!

You have won already! Package it very well sir. May it be!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
OjaP:

You think we can't quote you grin grin grin

Congrats on that, you now need to build a rapport with this professor and carry him along in every steps of your application. Believe me, he won't have a choice when the time comes. All the best bro.

godG:

You have won already! Package it very well sir. May it be!

Thank you sirs. I know it's not gonna be easy but I'm hoping for the best.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 9:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
imperiouxx:

Thank you sirs. I know it's not gonna be easy but I'm hoping for the best.
Wish you the best imperiouxx, you deserve it. U be beta person smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by overated13: 12:43am On Sep 24, 2013
Nice thread. Was introduced to the site by a bossom friend. Will post my questions when I have one. Still reading the thread. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 1:59am On Sep 24, 2013
overated13: Nice thread. Was introduced to the site by a bossom friend. Will post my questions when I have one. Still reading the thread. Thanks

You are surely welcome...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ChitownBase: 3:02am On Sep 24, 2013
wow its been a while but things are still looking good here. welcome to all the new comers in yankee for school and hustle God go help una. As for those still hustling to come Go ge see una true....just passing by!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by paparazzi1987(m): 8:54am On Sep 24, 2013
Hello Guys,
Please is there any alternative to Bank statement at the US embassy ?.
My Brother that is meant to sponsor me says he has little money in his account, but he can boast of over $100,000 in his
pension account. Can i present his pension account at the embassy instead of his bank statement ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 8:55am On Sep 24, 2013
Good morning house. . .
Please help me with dis question. . .
* what is it like for someone to apply for visa lottery while awaiting an i-20 ? cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 9:18am On Sep 24, 2013
paparazzi1987: Hello Guys,
Please is there any alternative to Bank statement at the US embassy ?.
My Brother that is meant to sponsor me says he has little money in his account, but he can boast of over $100,000 in his
pension account. Can i present his pension account at the embassy instead of his bank statement ?

Send me a PM, will let u know how to go about it..

Cheers bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 9:23am On Sep 24, 2013
nomso27: Good morning house. . .
Please help me with dis question. . .
* what is it like for someone to apply for visa lottery while awaiting an i-20 ? cry

No sir, DON'T apply for any Visa lottery while intending to go to the US Embassy soon. Just to be on a safer side.

Besides, Nigeria Is NOT eligible to play the 2015 DV lottery program which will begin on the 1st of October.

Whoever tells you there is any alternative for the lottery for Nigerians this year is a Big SCAM!

Be Warned!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by paparazzi1987(m): 9:32am On Sep 24, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Send me a PM, will let u know how to go about it..

Cheers bro.
Hello sire,
i dont know what you mean by PM but i assumed it means Personal Mail .
Than you sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.