Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487010 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 11:49am On Sep 26, 2013
babsharon:
He should remember d 90 days rule.
Am scared to hear about 90days rule pls can u explain better on it because I have a month interval to my interview and school resumption. What's the implication of this to my visa?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 2:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
buzritchy:

Thanks bro. How is ur day goin ? Thanks for the write up and quick response..... Will plan ahead well and flw ur recommendations.

Wanna ask.. Am i required to send my Secondary school transcript cox some schools kinda demand it aside my university transcript

I guess it's d raw scores in each subject taken in sec school. Gettin it will be difficult cox I don't tink sec schools keeps record of individual students

Anybody in d house, what r the steps to easily collect sec skul transcript and any IGBOBI COLLEGE YABA(icy) in d house Response needed frm any1

Bro once more tnx

Am sure the secondary school transcript they asked for is your WAEC.. Just get a WAEC scratch card for them with your center number and Reg number for them to check it online via WAEC website
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2013
imperiouxx:

Even you go with a bank statement in Kobo, so far the VO can convert and estimate the total balance to cover your first year tuition and it's verifiable local account, you should be fine. When precisely in spring are we talking about..... Jan/Feb? Whatever, interview is best done within 90 days to resumption date.

thanks imperouxx bro, i appreciate ur help. . . It's january 21.. So middle or end of october is better right ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
sobastical: oga walspring abeg reply my mail, am one of you guys for area o

Check your mail cos i have replied you now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
Tochium:

Yes thank u all. I will try Nipost Registered Mail this time since u said it took just 8days for ur documents to arrive to ur school.
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS IN YOUR SCHOOL, WHY AM ASKING IS THIS. DON'T BE SURPRISE IF NIPOST DIDN'T DELIVER YOUR DOCUMENTS IN 3 WEEKS BUT IF YOU STILL HAVE UP TO 2 MONTHS FOR SUBMISSION YOU CAN GIVE IT A TRY.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 4:24pm On Sep 26, 2013
kunlebal:
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS IN YOUR SCHOOL, WHY AM ASKING IS THIS. DON'T BE SURPRISE IF NIPOST DIDN'T DELIVER YOUR DOCUMENTS IN 3 WEEKS BUT IF YOU STILL HAVE UP TO 2 MONTHS FOR SUBMISSION YOU CAN GIVE IT A TRY.
how do I know if my documents actually make it to the school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 4:37pm On Sep 26, 2013
kunlebal:

They accept scanned copies of transcript but will not release I-20 untill they receive original
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by buzritchy: 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
Walspring:

Am sure the secondary school transcript they asked for is your WAEC.. Just get a WAEC scratch card for them with your center number and Reg number for them to check it online via WAEC website

Thanks bro.... I hope dats what they talking about. God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hello,

Is there anybody currently schooling at Utah State Uni? Why is it that I cannot reach them on the phone and they have not replied my emails for sometime now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 5:01pm On Sep 26, 2013
Graviton: how do I know if my documents actually make it to the school?
If you use nipost registered mail they will give you tracking no which you can track it on usps site. Once they deliver it you will see it in there website that it as been delivered. Also your school will contact you once they receive your documents
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 5:08pm On Sep 26, 2013
Tochium:

They accept scanned copies of transcript but will not release I-20 untill they receive original
Good for you, my advice for you is this, put your mind maximum 3 to 4 weeks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 5:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
kunlebal:
If you use nipost registered mail they will give you tracking no which you can track it on usps site. Once they deliver it you will see it in there website that it as been delivered. Also your school will contact you once they receive your documents
thanks, brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
kunlebal:
Good for you, my advice for you is this, put your mind maximum 3 to 4 weeks

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
buzritchy:

Thanks bro.... I hope dats what they talking about. God bless

Actually, your Secondary School transcript is a document showing all your yearly grades from SS1 to SS3. It is NOT your WAEC certificate. Matter-of-factly, some schools ask for your WAEC certificate as a separate part of your admissions application. I should know because I have applied for my high school transcripts some time ago. Your school may seem disorganised but I can bet they keep the records. It's usually kept with the school counsellor. Admittedly, it does takes some time to process (and I do believe a little greasing might relieve friction).
You should visit your school in earnest to start applying for your transcript if it is required urgently (well, as long as it is required).
I hope I have been able to un-obfuscate your predicament.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by femoric9: 9:35pm On Sep 26, 2013
Pls House,i'm a graduate of Electrical/Electronics from a nigerian university with a CGPA of 2.8 (a 2/2). I just finished the cumpulsory national youth service program in my country and i took my GRE on 25th September 2013, with a verbal score of 149 and a quantitative score of 155. I plan to apply for MS in computer science in a US university. Though,i have not gotten the percentile and essay score from ETS, but, please, with my weak first degree grade and my low GRE score, do i stand any chance of getting admitted in any accreditted USA university. I'm planning to apply to university of Toledo, Ohio state university, mid Tennessy university, east Tennessy university or any university near the state of kentucky. My blood sister is my sponsor, she is a pharmist in kentucky and a US citizen. Though,i fear using her name as my sponsor may affect my chance of getting visa,since the VO may think that is an opurtunity for me not to come back to my country after my graduate program. Hence,i'm looking at using my elder brother who is an engineer in one of the telecommunication company here in nigeria as my sponsor.  Also,i'm planning to go for some professional training in Software Programming,Computer Networking,Ethical Hacking and web security in india immediately after my program in US,do i need to tell the VO if i'm asked my plan after my MS. Pls,any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,looking forward to your reply.  Adefemi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 11:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
femoric9: Pls house i'm a graduate of Electrical/Electronics from a nigerian university with a CGPA of 2.8 (a 2/2). I just finished the cumpulsory national youth service program in my country congrats on that. and i took my GRE on 25th September 2013, with a verbal score of 149 and a quantitative score of 155. 304 is still o great oga. I plan to apply for MS in computer science in a US university. Though,i have not gotten the percentile and essay score from ETS, but, please, with my weak first degree grade You might need to have your transcript evaluated by WES to get what ur cgpa will be on a scale of 4 which is what is being used in the US and my low GRE score to me, you GRE is not low. Saying that u have a low or high GRE depends so much on your choice of school. do i stand any chance of getting admitted in any accreditted USA university sure, with thorough research and a well tidied application package. I'm planning to apply to university of Toledo, Ohio state university, mid Tennessy university, east Tennessy university or any university near the state of kentucky. wait till you have ur transcript evaluated before you select schools. doing that will enable you know if your cgpa/4 meets what those schools want. My blood sister is my sponsor, she is a pharmist in kentucky and a US citizen. Though,i fear using her name as my sponsor may affect my chance of getting visa,since the VO may think that is an opurtunity for me not to come back to my country after my graduate program nice thought. Hence,i'm looking at using my elder brother who is an engineer in one of the telecommunication company here in Nigeria as my sponsor the brother in Nigeria seems better; it's a pointer to home-ties.  Also,i'm planning to go for some professional training in Software Programming,Computer Networking,Ethical Hacking and web security in india immediately after my program in US,do i need to tell the VO if i'm asked my plan after my MS. Pls,any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,looking forward to your reply.  Adefemi ()
next time, dont drop your e-mail add here. save that for PM

On the whole, I think your chances of getting admitted depend solely on you. The first thing u need to do now is to evaluate that ur cgpa from WES. Then, you can start looking for schools that match ur qualifications (evaluated cgpa + gre + funds). After getting those schools, then you get a SHARP AND FINELY-CRAFTED SOP AND LOR, file in ur application for admission.....then pray!!! We all need prayer. Hope this is apt.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mandybaby2007: 3:21am On Sep 27, 2013
babsharon:
It depends on his school resumption. Using that date I think it will be too early if d school resumption is towards january ending. He should remember d 90 days rule.

Babsharon, Thot its 120days rule has it been reduced to 90? Pls elaborate, Cos i saw 120days in d website(US embassy website)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:35am On Sep 27, 2013
mandybaby2007:

Babsharon, Thot its 120days rule has it been reduced to 90? Pls elaborate, Cos i saw 120days in d website(US embassy website)

Can you post the link? However, If you're sure it's 120 days, then you should be fine. It was 90 days before.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 4:08am On Sep 27, 2013
imperiouxx:

Can you post the link? However, If you're sure it's 120 days, then you should be fine. It was 90 days before.
Am scared to hear about 90days rule pls can u explain better on it because I have a month interval to my interview and school resumption. What's the implication of this to my visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:28am On Sep 27, 2013
Babs911: Am scared to hear about 90days rule pls can u explain better on it because I have a month interval to my interview and school resumption. What's the implication of this to my visa?

Rule was/is one should apply for an interview within 90 to 0 day the semester starts.... That means any time from 3 months to resumption. So, you're fine with a month.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 7:55am On Sep 27, 2013
imperiouxx:

It has been changed bro. It is 120 days... Which is 4 months..

Read the "Schedule an interview" section of the link below;

www.travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 8:13am On Sep 27, 2013
Babs911: Am scared to hear about 90days rule pls can u explain better on it because I have a month interval to my interview and school resumption. What's the implication of this to my visa?

Since you have Just One month to your Interview and school resumption date. Then i will say you have No worries bro. You are good to Go!!!

And it is NOT 90 days rule. It is 120 DAYS rule.

Which means for example, If your School resumes on the 13th of January.

Count 120 DAYS backwards.. When we do that calculation, We arrive at 15TH of SEPTEMBER.

So any moment from SEPTEMBER 15th upwards will be the period your application for a Student VISA will be Considered ACCEPTABLE @ the US Embassy..

But if you get your Student Visa in September for example, which is 4 months before your school resumption date, you wont be allowed to Enter the US Until 30 days before your school resumption date..

Which Means, for example your School resumes on the 13th of January, Count 30 days backwards.

When you do that, you will arrive at 14th of December. So from 14th of December upwards will be the period you will be allowed to Enter the United States Of America and be granted clearance @ the Port of Entry in the US..

So you all should be Mindful, in other NOT to get deported back to Nigeria after wasting money on Flight Ticket..

Also, You should be mindful for the 120 days rule for Visa Interview so you DON'T also get AUTOMATICALLY DENIED a Student Visa @ the US Embassy due to your inability of NOT obeying the Rules.

Cheers...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by CaptJHMiller: 9:39am On Sep 27, 2013
I am pissed o!
Where are those people that said I can register toefl with GTB master card?? They just bounced me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 27, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
I am pissed o!
Where are those people that said I can register toefl with GTB master card?? They just bounced me.
Get a visa card, you can register with your visa card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by CaptJHMiller: 9:57am On Sep 27, 2013
^^^If I had one would I be writing this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by CaptJHMiller: 10:07am On Sep 27, 2013
idalex:

Referring to bigfrancis21 post on page 99

TO PROSPECTIVE GRE AND TOEFL TEST
TAKERS:
It is no longer a hidden fact that GRE and
TOEFL test takers in Nigeria cannot register
for the test online. Even someone registering
on your behalf from abroad is banned once
the test taker would still be writing in Nigeria.
Well, I have good news for you. Are you
aware that you could still register for the
exam by yourself, fast and at the lower
official ETS test fee? All you need to do is
simply call ETS and register! Its that simple.
Just as you can call to schedule a visa
appointment, so can you call to register for
your GRE/TOEFL test! If saving money is
your priority, rather than wasting N50,000
needlessly on GRE agents and enriching their
bank accounts when you could simply do it
yourself at the cheaper official GRE price of
$185(N29600) or at $175(N28,000) for
TOEFL, then this option is best for you.
To register, you'll need the following:
1) Your GRE account login details on the ETS
website. If you don't have an account
already, quickly visit http://www.ets.org/gre
to create your account. For TOEFL, you'll
need your TOEFL account login details on
the ETS website. If you don't have an
account already, quickly visit http://
www.ets.org/toefl to create your account.
2) A valid GTB MasterCard. I can't really
vouch for other types of debit cards because
I've not used them before. However, I'm sure
of GTB MasterCard because it never fails to
work. Take note of the 16-digit card number
printed on the front of the card, the expiry
date (month and year) also embossed on the
front of the card and lastly, the c.v.v code,
which is the 3-digit code printed on the back
of your ATM card. Have these details handy
because you'll need to provide them to the
agent to enable them make the payment over
there for you. Of course, I need not remind
you that you must have funds of, at least,
the registration fee amount in your account
for a successful payment.
After you must have done the above, then
you're ready to go. Call the ETS Registration
Center on +31320239593 . That is the phone
number of the ETS Registration center or
Region 9 located in Netherlands and it is the
ETS center, out of the 12 regional registration
centers worldwide, in charge of registering
Nigerians for TOEFL and GRE. Once you call,
you'll hear the voice prompt and wait to be
connected to the next available customer
agent. Once you're connected, the agent will
ask you for your login details which will
enable him log into your account and register
you over there by himself.
First, you'll be asked for these details - first
name, middle name, surname, address, date
of birth, phone number, email address,
preferred test center number and test date.
Second, comes the payment stage. At this
stage you'll provide the agent with your ATM
card details to enable him/her key in the
data and make the payment himself. Once
successful, you'll be told by the agent and
also receive an email immediately containing
your examination e-ticket.
PS: Be sure to recharge, at least, N750 credit
on your phone as you'll be spending some
good quality time on the call (15-20
minutes).
Please, this is in no way a scam but rather,
its one of the valid means of registering for
the GRE or TOEFL test as you'll see stated on
the ETS website:
http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/
register/cbt/
http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register?
WT.ac=toeflhome_ibtregister_121127
However, only a few people know about this
easy and cheap means. Two noble members
from this forum registered successfully on
Friday and this morning after telling them
about it.
Success.
http://www.ets.org/s/mygre/rrc.html
www.ets.org/s/toefl/pdf/
toefl_ibt_rrcs_11-12.pdf
Guy where you dey abeg!? My plans don spoil aswer..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 10:13am On Sep 27, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
I am pissed o!
You can only use a VISA card for TOEFL. Get someone with a Visa card to help you out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mandybaby2007: 10:44am On Sep 27, 2013
imperiouxx:

Find the link below
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-typefandmfaq.asp#2

Q.2 How early should I apply for my student visa?
You are encouraged to apply for your nonimmigrant student visa as soon as you have your I-20. To ensure you get an early and timely date you may apply at anytime. However, a student visa may be issued no more than 120 days prior to the start date mentioned on your I-20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Feexo: 1:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
House, Does anyone know about ECE? I intend using them to evaluate my transcript. I remember someone once mentioned that he/she used ECE and found them way better than WES.......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2013
a friend of mine just told me paper applications were better than online applications, how true is this, please?...

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.