Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,676 members, 7,823,910 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488017 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dimejidude(m): 11:21am On Oct 02, 2013
Does anyone know how much it costs to take the SAT test in
nigeria? And how and through whom can I register for the test
here in Nigeria? Preferrably In Lagos!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 11:58am On Oct 02, 2013
francisabuah: is the evaluation free cos i just wanna know my cgpa before applying.thanks and God bless
I'm sorry if this is rude, no pun intended. But this post made me cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
Dimejidude: Morning Guys.I want to apply to a University In the States For My Undergraduate Degree.Do i have to sit for the SAT exam first or Apply to the University? I'm a Novice to all these!

You can write SAT before applying or after applying. Writing after applying only works if you applied very early enough and you got enough time before the application deadline closes. In most cases its more appropriate to write before applying, so that you'll be sure of your score and whether you qualify before applying. Applying and then writing the SAT score only to score below the minimum score can be very disheartening and your application fees could be as good as wasted.

Dimejidude: Does anyone know how much it costs to take the SAT test in
nigeria? And how and through whom can I register for the test
here in Nigeria? Preferrably In Lagos!

SAT costs roughly N15,000. It can be registered here in Nigeria and in Lagos also. Don't ever register through an agent. They will charge you exorbitantly and you'll see yourself paying N10,000 to N20,000 higher than the official SAT fee of N15,000.

Visit my profile page and send me an email. I'll reply you with details on SAT registration.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 1:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
@house am back again, i was banned for a couple of days by "MR GEJ OF USA STUDENT VISA ENQUIRIES" because of amefrica omo ibadan now that he gotten his visa ope ni fun olorun
@amefrica u be real omo ibadan ori e wanbe

@ abinu eni o kin she olorun oni iranu ara e, ode
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
Ms Nas:
I'm sorry if this is rude, no pun intended. But this post made me cheesy cheesy grin

grin Me too! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
fittty:

grin Me too! grin
E no good oo. No dey take the guy laugh na. Only that the free part is grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
smithjanetstore: @house am back again, i was banned for a couple of days by "MR GEJ OF USA STUDENT VISA ENQUIRIES" because of amefrica omo ibadan now that he gotten his visa ope ni fun olorun
@amefrica u be real omo ibadan ori e wanbe

@ abinu eni o kin she olorun oni iranu ara e, ode
I guess tomorrow is the interview date, except otherwise.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
Anyone who isn't ready to stick to the rules deserve a ban.... IDK about any about any one, but I've noticed the teenagers here keep breaking the rules.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 2:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
Ms Nas:
E no good oo. No dey take the guy laugh na. Only that the free part is grin grin

No be you start am?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
bigfrancis21:

I deferred to spring 2014 in order to tidy up some very important things that needs my presence at the moment. And I'm really glad I deferred. I'll be going in december, just two months away.

How you doing?
I'm good nwanne. Working to lay my hands of GA. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 3:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
SUP HOUSE, 23-OCT-2013 TILL 7 NOV-2013 IS AVAILABLE FOR STUDENT VISA. THE REST IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR NOW.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Cuddi007(m): 4:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
Pls how possible to change australian student visa to residency visa after d person is done with school and how many years student visa must it be before the person eligible to change it to residency visa...anybody in da house pls help!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
Cuddi007: Pls how possible to change australian student visa to residency visa after d person is done with school and how many years student visa must it be before the person eligible to change it to residency visa...anybody in da house pls help!!!

I guess you're in wrong thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nifty: 8:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
@imperiouxx how can one go about getting immunization records from naija for a college in the us is there a way to go about this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
@Cuddi007, it is not as rosy as it was before. Things have really changed. Australian Permanent Residency and citizenship is so hard to obtain right now. And what are you up to? Well, it's possible if you meet all the requirements and you can get a 4-year permit. Australia is a nice country and one of the best places to live.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by femoric9: 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
Pls house,hope time is still on my side to appy for spring with d hope of a graduate assistantship,. I've written my GRE with 155Quant and 149Verbal. I will be writing TOELF dis month, I already schs I'm applying to and still researching for more. And d admission deadline of dis schools are not dia website. Can i apply to dis schs b4 writing my TOELF and since dis schs don't require WES evaluation,is it necessary i use cos i had it causes anoda delay. Though,my only fair is dat i hav a low CGPA of 2.8 and I'm applying for MS in computer science. Also,dis ASUU strike is affecting d processing of my transcript from my state university, and getin a prof or a doctor to help write my reference letter is now another issue. Pls,how can i go about it. Tanx for always bin dia Bro and Sis
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 9:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
femoric9: Pls house,hope time is still on my side to appy for spring with d hope of a graduate assistantship,. I've written my GRE with 155Quant and 149Verbal. I will be writing TOELF dis month, I already schs I'm applying to and still researching for more. And d admission deadline of dis schools are not dia website. Can i apply to dis schs b4 writing my TOELF and since dis schs don't require WES evaluation,is it necessary i use cos i had it causes anoda delay. Though,my only fair is dat i hav a low CGPA of 2.8 and I'm applying for MS in computer science. Also,dis ASUU strike is affecting d processing of my transcript from my state university, and getin a prof or a doctor to help write my reference letter is now another issue. Pls,how can i go about it. Tanx for always bin dia Bro and Sis

Pray to God for the strike to be called off asap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
femoric9: Pls house,hope time is still on my side to appy for spring with d hope of a graduate assistantship,. I've written my GRE with 155Quant and 149Verbal. I will be writing TOELF dis month, I already schs I'm applying to and still researching for more. And d admission deadline of dis schools are not dia website. Can i apply to dis schs b4 writing my TOELF and since dis schs don't require WES evaluation,is it necessary i use cos i had it causes anoda delay. Though,my only fair is dat i hav a low CGPA of 2.8 and I'm applying for MS in computer science. Also,dis ASUU strike is affecting d processing of my transcript from my state university, and getin a prof or a doctor to help write my reference letter is now. another issue. Pls,how can i go about it. Tanx for always bin dia Bro and Sis
I'm a bit worried about the 2.8 CGPA. U need to convert it to its US equivalent and know what it will be before u apply. Some schools will not accept a GPA below 2.5. I believe u have been advised on this matter before. You can write the TOEFL, it's not the crux of the matter. Na dat CGPA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mcqt21: 10:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
Im a silent folower of dis thread..n i personaly log in 2day to advise justwise..n also 2 pour out my aggresions.on..amefrica issue.......if u guz wud ask me i wud say justwise is jus jelos of amefrica n cnt handle his early growing popularity in dis thread.(Truth is bitter)..or wat do u say of some1 who keeps fitin som1. 4 evry little tin he does...e sent u abusive mail n so wat,.amefica has been on d league of gurus answerin questions on dis thread,,though e aint up 2 d likes of dem ricky rozay,imperious ,godG n d rest of odas bt d guy de try...afta his first ban..i sent him a mail n i hv him on my bb..hes a kool young guy who is full of live n has high sense of humour....nt dat doent mean e hasnt got bad side bt den,,al dis bannin ere n der is 2 much reprimandin...even up 2 extent of his interview...justwise i must say u r heartless..chai..smh...even if u dnt respect silent folowers like me,,cnt u stil respect odas gurus who pleaded wit u?...r u god..?nl is jus a site,,d world is full out der,,u dnt kn wer u guz wil meet lera in life..i kn mst of u wil tink he deserv d ban n mst serve it,,hw wud u feel if u r in his shoes...al dis banin n unbanin only makes him more popular...n dnt gv me dat shit of hes a kid...naaa...even some adults r nt stil mature.its some1 like amefrica whose help u wil b needin smday n karma mite visit u..wat i see ere is jelosy...simple......even u had 2 ban odas tryin 2 suport amefrica..smh...wel if u like u can hide my post or ban me afta al u r like a ban hapy mod.....so justwise incase of nxt time b4 u try. 2 multiban a popular or nonporpular nlander ere pls try n inform d house about ur decision..thks.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 11:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
winbyforce:
I'm a bit worried about the 2.8 CGPA. U need to convert it to its US equivalent and know what it will be before u apply. Some schools will not accept a GPA below 2.5. I believe u have been advised on this matter before. You can write the TOEFL, it's not the crux of the matter. Na dat CGPA.

femoric9: Pls house,hope time is still on my side to appy for spring with d hope of a graduate assistantship,. I've written my GRE with 155Quant and 149Verbal. I will be writing TOELF dis month, I already schs I'm applying to and still researching for more. And d admission deadline of dis schools are not dia website. Can i apply to dis schs b4 writing my TOELF and since dis schs don't require WES evaluation,is it necessary i use cos i had it causes anoda delay. Though,my only fair is dat i hav a low CGPA of 2.8 and I'm applying for MS in computer science. Also,dis ASUU strike is affecting d processing of my transcript from my state university, and getin a prof or a doctor to help write my reference letter is now another issue. Pls,how can i go about it. Tanx for always bin dia Bro and Sis

Since he won't listen to obviously simple basic tips which I think we have told him to work on, I assume he would be able to pray. The guy keeps talking about GA, admission, etc. with a low CGPA and he seems not ready to evaluate as the first thing. So the ASUU issue is even by d way. Dear Femoric9, I have got a question for u; what is the GPA requirement of the schools u are targeting? U can't build a house without a foundation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 1:14am On Oct 03, 2013
mandybaby2007: Hello house, I got my F-1 visa today at Lagos embassy, b4 i share my experience mak i pay homage nd give vote of Thanks first, special Thanks to just wise for creating ds thread, Thank you Babsharon, Thank you Imperiouxx( u r guys r off d hook wonderfull), Thank you Technolee(The first person dt ans my enquiry on ds thread) Thank you Chars1289(u r very kind nd it runs in ur family), Thank you Tochium nd Kunle bal(i used my tie nd it worked for me!! Was d only girl on tie in d whole embassy), Thank you Big Francis(didn't have any interaction wit u but i read a lot of ur previous post), Thank You Lisadem(didn't have any interaction wit u either but i learnt a couple of thgs frm ur post)

Amfrica nd odas coming after me, i pass d anointing to you all, you wil get yours IJN

Congratssssssssss Mandy!!! Glad you made it. Welcome to US of A. wishing other members coming for Spring term best of luck in their interview. who's next? hmmmm perhaps that boi that has a continent and a country in his name. All the best A M E F R I C A

I hail una my virtual fam.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 1:21am On Oct 03, 2013
bodeplot: I must say a lot has been happening here, many pages to read..the Lord is my strength..

Congrats to all that got there visa..the rest of us too for Spring term are coming with a bang of visa success news.

My sincere greetings to everyone both home and abroad. Tuale Imperiouxx, Ms Nas, OjaP,kpolli, lisadem, BIG Francis u too much, Ricky Rozay.olarwaley and other NL members

I will need some contact in Texas, if you are in TEXAS atm,say HI!

Lastly, seunolamonday,sorry I can't remember d name,using fon to type, I will need efo n iyan too biko,mbok,jor..

Amefrica, u r loved,just continue to learn and change...success on 3rd of Oct..

Cheers!!!!!

HI! You are most welcome to the state of lone star. wishing you success in your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FutureDon(m): 1:48am On Oct 03, 2013
femoric9: Pls house,hope time is still on my side to appy for spring with d hope of a graduate assistantship,. I've written my GRE with 155Quant and 149Verbal. I will be writing TOELF dis month ............

You might want to start looking at Fall admission due to ASUU strike, as this would likely prevent you from applying for transcripts and getting hold of lecturers to serve you good recommendation letters. Another reason why you should also consider Fall admission session is that majority of graduate assistantship are available during Fall session.

Don't be ''afraid'' of your GPA, there is nothing you can do to raise it up, too late for that sir smiley. Endeavor to write a believable SoP. However, I would advice you to apply to as many schools as possible and maybe stay away from the annoyingly competitive ones due to your academic stats.

To be honest, I don't think it's compulsory to ''always'' convert GPA to US equivalent. In my quest to know more, I've come across several US unis asking international students NOT to convert their gpa to American equivalent. I think it varies across Unis, so I suggest you ask the schools you are applying into. However, if you have $5, you can make use of iGPA service on WES website or use the steps earlier listed by BigFrancis. Alternatively, you could use foreigncredits.com. I've assessed it and it gives a gpa almost similar to WES, it's free to use.

Yes, you can apply before writing your TOEFL. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 2:35am On Oct 03, 2013
Just checked out the free GPA calculator at foreigncredits.com, quite identical to WES evaluation. Nice! femoric9 should at least know his 'American GPA'
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 6:38am On Oct 03, 2013
Goodluck to A M E F R I C A as u go for ur interview today. Be fearless and focused. The visa is urs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:05am On Oct 03, 2013
nifty: @imperiouxx how can one go about getting immunization records from naija for a college in the us is there a way to go about this?

Go to the Ministry of Health in your area or any federal or state hospital and take yellow fever hepatitis shots. Then you'll be given the famous yellow card. For most states, the yellow card can only be obtained at the Ministry of Health in the state, which will require your taking the shots there at the ministry. As for measles, you already took the injection as a baby at 6 months or so. You don't need to take extra measles shots again. All you have to do is look for the card or ask your mom for it. Its usually a small or long green card. Ask momsi. She go find the card give you.

Some schools, like mine, requires the Tuberculosis test which you can only do at a hospital. Did mine for N500 and is called the Skin test where a certain fluid is injected into your arm and you are asked to return after 72 hours for the result.

In all you should spend roughly 2,500 to 3,000.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jonnyp(m): 7:12am On Oct 03, 2013
go mefrica! the visa is yours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:16am On Oct 03, 2013

1) No more time for Spring. Spring 2014 deadline for international students has passed. Your next possible option is Fall 2014.

2) Only use WES if your school asks specifically for it. If they don't, then don't bother. I applied to 3 schools and none requested for WES-evaluated transcripts.

3) Only write TOEFL if requested by your school. Some schools waive the TOEFL requirement for Nigerians while some others don't.

4) Your GRE score is a total of 304 and is average enough to get you into average US schools.

5) Your 2.8 CGPA on 4-point scale is likely to fall somewhere around 2.9/4.0 to 2.95/4.0. So I'll advise you look for schools with lower CGPA requirement ie those schools with 2.75/4.00 CGPA as minimum.

6) The strike has only helped to further delay your application thus telling you that you can't make it for spring 2014 even if you had wanted to start applying earlier since july/august(when the strike started). So just be patient and apply for Fall. Moreover, more graduate assistantship positions come out in Fall than Spring.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jonnyp(m): 7:17am On Oct 03, 2013
amefrica is warming up to enter d field right now..imperi baba hope say u don dey ready 2 shaak my guy with plenty viju milk ati alomo.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 10:37am On Oct 03, 2013
Dimejidude: December
my guy, na the same ship carry us so o!....just got my SAT form, i'll start filling on saturday, still practicing for my TOEFL sha

Which school(s).do you have in mind?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by elkharpone: 11:13am On Oct 03, 2013
Amefrica Goodluck to ya bro...wish you success IJN!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 11:15am On Oct 03, 2013
Hi house! This is Amefrica.. I'm banned and couldn't post tru my acct.. Anyways!, I was at the US consulate(Lagos) today and I was delayed.

Me- good morning ma
Vo- good morning, why are you going to US ?
Me- for my undergraduate studies in Political science.
Vo- where in the US ?
Me- Southwest Bleep Bleep university
Vo- how did you know abt this school ?
Me- I did proper and extensive research on the internet.
Vo- what sites did you use ?
Me- USnews.com, princeton review.com and collegeboard.org
Vo- I love those sites, I used it to search schools for my brother. Do you have anybody in minnesota, you will stay with
Me- No, I don't. I will be staying on campus housing
Vo- When did you graduate ?
Me- 2010
Vo- what have you been doing ?
Me- I did 10 months A' Level and I prepared for my admission..
Vo- you used the result to gain admission
Me- yes, with Waec, transcript and TOEFL
Vo- (kept typing)(I can see she wanted to grant me, but she decided to ask a couple of questions more) Do you have siblings ?
Me- Yes, I do. I have one sister
Vo- what does she do ?
Me- she's just 5 years old. But I have a senior sister who's married..
Vo- clapped and smiled with me.. How will you pay ?
Me- through my father's aid
Vo- What does he do ?
Me- he's into building construction and real estate.
Vo- since when has he been into dis business ?
Me- Since, 2010.
Vo- can I see his bank statement *the problem starts here*
Me- Yes, for sure. Passed the Affidavit of sponsorship and bank statement
Vo- she read tru it and she immediately raised her eyebrow I began to pray, so she off something and showed her colleague, pointing at the transactions and they were talking but I couldn't here. She ON the thing back and asked for my WAEC cert
Me- here you go ma..
She checked it and return everything to me "I'm sorry ur app does not qualify you blah blah, you can re-apply blah blah"
Me- thanks ma.. She looked at me with pity and shook her head. She said have a nice day

You people should try to point somethings out. No knowledge is a waste.. But me strongly think it was all abt the bank statement.

Thanks to Bigfrancis, fadinus, Ricky, imperiouxx, Kofsy(I'm sorry), Yvete, mamacita, orlarwalay, johnny p, tochium, seunolumonday(wishing you success), lisadem the list goes on.. I learnt one or 2 things from you guys, y'all are the bomb.

#TeamNeverGiveUp

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.