Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488010 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 8:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
mandybaby2007: NOTE: one drop dead gorgeous well dressed chick went 2a part window for her interview nd d first thg i heard was, VO: why did u chose a comunity college instead of a 4yr university, duno wat d girl ans, den i heard sorry u dnt qualify for visa at ds tyme nd d vo returned her docs. Make una no apply 2community college o! Its a NO NO at d embasy Tochium take note

D Vo at windorw 6 was just denying pple turn turn, my number was 201, i saw 195, flash at her window, den 196, 197, 198, 199,200 she denied all except 198(a very elderly woman in her 80's) wen 200 apeared i almost fainted i was like am finished ds lady go deny me, God pls save me, God pls save me, jst like miracle 218 apeared after 200 instead of 201, i shouted Thank you Jesus! Almost aloud loll, den i calmed myself nd said 2myself ds one wey u dey rejoice u dnt even know weda na frypan 2fire u dey go so, i didn't kno wich VO i wanted but i just knew d one i didn't want, my no 201 apeared at window 1 nd she gave me d visa

Congrats Dear, i have noted your advice (was denied some months ago cos of same reason) I am going with Utah State University this time! Have a wonderful stay in US..... Meet you soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 9:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
mandybaby2007: Hello house, I got my F-1 visa today at Lagos embassy, b4 i share my experience mak i pay homage nd give vote of Thanks first, special Thanks to just wise for creating ds thread, Thank you Babsharon, Thank you Imperiouxx( u r guys r off d hook wonderfull), Thank you Technolee(The first person dt ans my enquiry on ds thread) Thank you Chars1289(u r very kind nd it runs in ur family), Thank you Tochium nd Kunle bal(i used my tie nd it worked for me!! Was d only girl on tie in d whole embassy), Thank you Big Francis(didn't have any interaction wit u but i read a lot of ur previous post), Thank You Lisadem(didn't have any interaction wit u either but i learnt a couple of thgs frm ur post)

Amfrica nd odas coming after me, i pass d anointing to you all, you wil get yours IJN
Congrat dear, welcome to obamaland.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
mandybaby2007: Me: Goodmorning maam

Congratulations Mandy. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
Feexo: Fadinus, I have decided to go with WES..... Thanks bro....
Good for you bro, WES is the best. All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by francisabuah: 9:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
house ooo hw do i evaluate my own transcrit my self to convert it to usa 4.0 sacle,abeg ooo mak una help me wif tips on hw to run it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 10:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
francisabuah: house ooo hw do i evaluate my own transcrit my self to convert it to usa 4.0 sacle,abeg ooo mak una help me wif tips on hw to run it

You can't do it yourself but have to register somewhere like this http://www.wes.org/ if your school requests evaluation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Chars1289: 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
Congratulations MANDY..Happy for yu...Enjoy ur stay in the **Land of Lincoln**
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 11:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
Congrats Mandybaby!!! Enjoy your America!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 11:58pm On Sep 30, 2013
VO: (didn't ans was busy typing God knows wat on her system)
VO: why illinois?
Mesadconfused cos i was expecting why are you going to America) pardon me?
Vo: why did u chose ds particular school?
Me: i chose ds school cos dey r abt one of d only schools dt offer an economics graduate program wit a combination of finance, Msc economics nd finance
Vo: the only school?

Note: she didn't ask me for any single document not even one! Meanwile i bin don suffer myself carry all d whole documents wey dey my house, remain 2carry d house itself.

My Advice:
1.wen dey ask u a question nd u goof(like i goofed) don't shake, dnt blink, still look them straight in d eye nd either agree wit them or jst give ds oh! am sorry look
2. Pray, pray nd pray again. Pray for favour, dats all u need cos favor is unmerited grace even wen u goof favor wil wipe it clean, favor wil mak ur number apear in d window of d right VO
3. There is no such thg as over preparation keep reading researching nd research some more, though dey didn't ask me for anythg i don't regret d sleepless nights, d surfing my school website 1mill tymes nd d sleeping on ds nairaland page, beta 2carry a hammer 2kill a mosquito dan 2get der nd discover u took a toothpick 2kill a tiger
4. For the ladies don't carry makup, powder perfumes, combs, hair pins, hand wash, lotion, creame, biro in ur bag 2d embassy des items r not allowed a lotta ladies had 2dump dier expensive mary kay kits in d trash can, one lady emptied her whole bag inside dustbin, i had 2bribe d mopol guys 1k 2help me custody my comb,powder,perfume nd slippers(i took slipperrs o! Mak high heel no break my leg for nothing), and once u leave d line 2drop des stuff frm ur bag wen u come bak u go 2d very end of d queue nd start again(dats d rule). Biros, batteries, torch light, camera nd Calculators r not allowed as well

This is the Lord's doing and it's marvelous in our eyes. Enjoy and study in America!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 12:02am On Oct 01, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 12:37am On Oct 01, 2013
Happy Independence Day Nigeria and Nigerians. LIVE to fulfill purpose and noble expectations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by simplejayy(m): 5:42am On Oct 01, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Sure, there are some things you need to do before your i-20 arrives, If ONLY you have your Sevis Number and School code with you.

You will need your Sevis Number and School Code to Fill your DS 160 form and to enable you book appointment. You will also need the sevis number and your school code to pay for your Sevis fee.

If you DON'T have a copy with you, Email your School and ask them to send you a scanned copy of your i-20, so you can use it to book appointment.

OR if they refuse to send you a scanned copy of your i-20, you can also tell em to email your Sevis Number and the school code to you.

Things you Need to Do before your i-20 arrives;

1. Pay your Visa fee @ GTBank for #26,400

2. Fill your DS 160 form as accurately as possible and Fill in your Sevis Number and School Code correctly where Required.

3. Go to the appointment window and Book appointment with the Application ID generated from the DS 160 form.

4. Pay your Sevis fee of $200.

The Above mentioned are the things you need to do while waiting for your i-20, by doing this things, you have automatically speed up the whole process.

Cheers.
thx baba
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by simplejayy(m): 5:48am On Oct 01, 2013
VO: (didn't ans was busy typing God knows wat on her system)
VO: why illinois?
Mesadconfused cos i was expecting why are you going to America) pardon me?
Vo: why did u chose ds particular school?
Me: i chose ds school cos dey r abt one of d only schools dt offer an economics graduate program wit a combination of finance, Msc economics nd finance
Vo: the only school?
Me: yea dt offer msc economics and finance
Vo: that is not true so many other school offer that, so many other schools
Me: Taken off balance(never argue wit them) so i just stare at her in agreement(in my mind i was like mehnnnn i don goof)
Vo: did u apply to other schools?
Me: yes, st cloud, unt nd unm
Vo: did any admit you?
Me: yes st cloud(na lie o! I neva submit my st cloud app)
Vo: wat school did u graduate from?
Me:University of uyo in AkwaIbom
She didn't hear me so i said it again
Vo: Oh kk univ of uyo
Me: yes please
Vo: did you do GRE?
Me: yes i did
Vo: wat was your score?
Me: 303
Vo: looks at me in susprise) 303 in maths or english?
Me: oh sorry, 153 in qtative, 150 in verbal 3.6 in writing
Vo: continues typing on her system
Me: praying in my heart seriously
Vo: who is sponsoring your trip
Me: My dad
Vo: what does he do?
Me: pardon me?
Vo: wat does he do?
Me: he is a mgt consultant, he owns 2companies, owns a bookshop nd he is a writer
Vo: how much does he earn per month?
Me: about 500k(note my dad doesn't mak up to ds per month, his kinda job isn't salary like its hammer sometimes nd sometimes e go just dry)
Vo: where do u work?
Me: i work wit xyz bank
Vo: when did u graduate?
Me: 2007
VO: how old are you?
Me: 28
Vo: are you married?
Me: No please
Vo: pick up your visa by God knows when(i no hear nd i didn't care)
Me: Thank you maam(pack my stuff nd skip out wit my hands shaking in disbelieve.

Note: she didn't ask me for any single document not even one! Meanwile i bin don suffer myself carry all d whole documents wey dey my house, remain 2carry d house itself.

My Advice:
1.wen dey ask u a question nd u goof(like i goofed) don't shake, dnt blink, still look them straight in d eye nd either agree wit them or jst give ds oh! am sorry look
2. Pray, pray nd pray again. Pray for favour, dats all u need cos favor is unmerited grace even wen u goof favor wil wipe it clean, favor wil mak ur number apear in d window of d right VO
3. There is no such thg as over preparation keep reading researching nd research some more, though dey didn't ask me for anythg i don't regret d sleepless nights, d surfing my school website 1mill tymes nd d sleeping on ds nairaland page, beta 2carry a hammer 2kill a mosquito dan 2get der nd discover u took a toothpick 2kill a tiger
4. For the ladies don't carry makup, powder perfumes, combs, hair pins, hand wash, lotion, creame, biro in ur bag 2d embassy des items r not allowed a lotta ladies had 2dump dier expensive mary kay kits in d trash can, one lady emptied her whole bag inside dustbin, i had 2bribe d mopol guys 1k 2help me custody my comb,powder,perfume nd slippers(i took slipperrs o! Mak high heel no break my leg for nothing), and once u leave d line 2drop des stuff frm ur bag wen u come bak u go 2d very end of d queue nd start again(dats d rule). Biros, batteries, torch light, camera nd Calculators r not allowed as well
congrats!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by maraduke: 8:35am On Oct 01, 2013
Hello house,please can one change course of study from nigeria after obtaining visa with a specific course.please candid advise is needed here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by maraduke: 8:38am On Oct 01, 2013
Please can one change course of study from nigeria after obtaining visa.please candid advise needed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 8:45am On Oct 01, 2013
[quote author=maraduke]Please can one change course of study from nigeria after obtaining visa.please candid advise needed[/quote

I think u can only change when u arrive US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Obajamie: 9:06am On Oct 01, 2013
US Government shuts down!! shocked hope dis doesn't affect dia consulates...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 9:16am On Oct 01, 2013
Obajamie: US Government shuts down!! shocked hope dis doesn't affect dia consulates...

Where did u hear that and why?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 01, 2013
mandybaby2007:
Vo: pick up your visa by God knows when(i no hear nd i didn't care)

Hearty felicitations, mandybaby2007. This is something to celebrate. Make Nigeria Proud.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mandybaby2007: 9:47am On Oct 01, 2013
Goodmorning house, There is an important question I left out of my interview experience yest, its below:

Vo: how did you come about this school?
Me: Extensive research i have been researching for d past three years

I don't want 2leave anythg out so others can learn, I also learnt a lot from other pple's experience. Is Amefrica stil banned? Haven't seen his post in a wile his interview is 3rd oct or so wich is jst 2 days away. @Tochium i wil b leaving in Dec cos na spring admision(resumption Jan8)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 01, 2013
mandybaby2007: Goodmorning house, There is an important question I left out of my interview experience yest, its below:

I don't want 2leave anythg out so others can learn, I also learnt a lot from other pple's experience. Is Amefrica stil banned? Haven't seen his post in a wile his interview is 3rd oct or so wich is jst 2 days away. @Tochium i wil b leaving in Dec cos na spring admision(resumption Jan8)
Thanks for sharing. All the best. Make sure you book ahead for your travel.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:04am On Oct 01, 2013
maraduke: Please can one change course of study from nigeria after obtaining visa.please candid advise needed

The one I'm sure of is changing when you arrive US. Its called transfer and you transfer from your first school to another school of your choice. But you need to arrive US early such that you arrive before the resumption dates of your main school(the one you used in getting your visa) and the one you intend transferring to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 10:07am On Oct 01, 2013
mandybaby2007: Goodmorning house, There is an important question I left out of my interview experience yest, its below:

Yeah Amefrica is still banned. I really wish him the best in his interview. Hopefully there'll be more imperiouxx shayo in the house smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 01, 2013
winbyforce:
Yeah Amefrica is still banned. I really wish him the best in his interview. Hopefully there'll be more imperiouxx shayo in the house smiley
I just see it as unfair on his part. The guy has his interview 3rd of oct and you deprived him of such opportunity. To me only a wicked heart will do such irrespective of little offence. Its just too extreme please. Even Seun himself would pardon him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 10:33am On Oct 01, 2013

Ok all the best....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 10:39am On Oct 01, 2013
slimmy05: I just see it as unfair on his part. The guy has his interview 3rd of oct and you deprived him of such opportunity. To me only a wicked heart will do such irrespective of little offence. Its just too extreme please. Even Seun himself would pardon him.

Yes, its quite unfair, his interview is in 2days time. Pls justwise unban him so that he can learn more from Mandy's experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Chars1289: 11:12am On Oct 01, 2013
Obajamie: US Government shuts down!! shocked hope dis doesn't affect dia consulates...
the shutdown is abt the us budget.the senate n reps cldnt reach unanimous decision.doubt if it hs to do wit d consulate shutting down.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FutureDon(m): 11:39am On Oct 01, 2013
slimmy05: I just see it as unfair on his part. The guy has his interview 3rd of oct and you deprived him of such opportunity. To me only a wicked heart will do such irrespective of little offence. Its just too extreme please. Even Seun himself would pardon him.

Tochium: Yes, its quite unfair, his interview is in 2days time. Pls justwise unban him so that he can learn more from Mandy's experience.

As Justwise earlier stated, the ban won't prevent him from reading this thread. ''Pardon'' is one of the big problems our great country is facing; e.g presidential pardon. Now you want ''Moderator pardon'' for someone who knowingly broke the rules.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bodeplot: 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2013
I must say a lot has been happening here, many pages to read..the Lord is my strength..

Congrats to all that got there visa..the rest of us too for Spring term are coming with a bang of visa success news.

My sincere greetings to everyone both home and abroad. Tuale Imperiouxx, Ms Nas, OjaP,kpolli, lisadem, BIG Francis u too much, Ricky Rozay.olarwaley and other NL members

I will need some contact in Texas, if you are in TEXAS atm,say HI!

Lastly, seunolamonday,sorry I can't remember d name,using fon to type, I will need efo n iyan too biko,mbok,jor..

Amefrica, u r loved,just continue to learn and change...success on 3rd of Oct..

Cheers!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 1:18pm On Oct 01, 2013

What opportunity did i deprive him? Did i stop him from logging on and reading posts here?

Don't insult me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by francisabuah: 1:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
is the evaluation free cos i just wanna know my cgpa before applying.thanks and God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
justwise:

What opportunity did i deprive him? Did i stop him from logging on and reading posts here?

Don't insult me.
I am entitled to my opinion, and you should'nt see it as an insult. @FutureDon, and what have presidential pardoning have to do with a 17years old, who is in need of help and maybe in one way or the other violated the thread rule. You can go on with that in politics section and not in travel section. Justwise is just like every member here except being placed in-charge of the thread. What has the ban have to profit. What is the importance of such deprivation. We don't always have to be autocratic when there is simply no need for it. I simply see this as dictatorship.
NB: I wish everyone going for their interview success. Remember to put God first.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.