Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,884 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (486983 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by simplejayy(m): 3:03am On Sep 30, 2013
kunlebal:
Pally relax your mind, you will receive in 4-5wks, thank God you have not book your appointment. Is better to use courier for I-20 because the documents is very important. Nipost is no go area in you are in hurry.
thx. U mean i should b calm while waiting? Am lyk is there anytin im to do b4 it arrives or until d arrival b4 i can book appointment and pay related fees. Thx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:09am On Sep 30, 2013
simplejayy: thx. U mean i should b calm while waiting? Am lyk is there anytin im to do b4 it arrives or until d arrival b4 i can book appointment and pay related fees. Thx

If your schools releases the info on it like school code and sevis number, you can go on making appointment and paying your sevis.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 8:04am On Sep 30, 2013
bigfrancis21: Hello Members,

How are you all doing? Sorry, I have been away for some time now. I've been quite busy lately. The little time I have to come on nairaland I just look around, post on the culture section and leave.

But I'm back now.

welcome back bro.. The house miss u oo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 8:42am On Sep 30, 2013
simplejayy: thx. U mean i should b calm while waiting? Am lyk is there anytin im to do b4 it arrives or until d arrival b4 i can book appointment and pay related fees. Thx

Sure, there are some things you need to do before your i-20 arrives, If ONLY you have your Sevis Number and School code with you.

You will need your Sevis Number and School Code to Fill your DS 160 form and to enable you book appointment. You will also need the sevis number and your school code to pay for your Sevis fee.

If you DON'T have a copy with you, Email your School and ask them to send you a scanned copy of your i-20, so you can use it to book appointment.

OR if they refuse to send you a scanned copy of your i-20, you can also tell em to email your Sevis Number and the school code to you.

Things you Need to Do before your i-20 arrives;

1. Pay your Visa fee @ GTBank for #26,400

2. Fill your DS 160 form as accurately as possible and Fill in your Sevis Number and School Code correctly where Required.

3. Go to the appointment window and Book appointment with the Application ID generated from the DS 160 form.

4. Pay your Sevis fee of $200.

The Above mentioned are the things you need to do while waiting for your i-20, by doing this things, you have automatically speed up the whole process.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 9:06am On Sep 30, 2013
femoric9: Now I've gotten two university that i want to apply to, university of Toledo and mid tennessy state university. My fear remains my B.Eng degree grade which is a 2.80 ( a.2/2) and my not too gud GRE score,149verbal and 155quantitative.I wish to apply for MS in Computer Science Engineering
I'm also seriously in need of graduate assistantship to support my tuition, but my low CGPA and not too gud GRE score is giving me serious concern. Pls,advice me on wat to do

Don't u get it! I said you might need to evaluate your transcripts FIRST! That cgpa is too low for u to pre-select schools. Assuming those schools u mentioned need a cgpa of say 3.00/4 you have already shot yourself in the leg. On GA, once u meet up with d requirements and u are a little bit above what are required, then talk to ur would-be dept and apply. See, check the sites of those schools and let us know what their requirements are. After getting their cgpa and gre requirements, then u will know if u can pick ur tent with the school or otherwise.
Here are what u shld do:
1. Peruse the sites of those schools.
2. Get their requirements.
3. Then evaluate ur transcript (if need be).
4. Know the requirements for GA
5. Then shoot!

Don't say ur scores or cgpa are low without knowing what the schools want.
So, come back here and let's see what u'v got... Reach!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 9:12am On Sep 30, 2013
FOLLOW BABA IMPERIOUXX AND RICKY ROZAY ADVICE, ASK YOUR SCHOOL FOR THOSE INFORMATIONS WITH THAT YOU CAN BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT AND PAY YOUR SEVIS FEE. CHEERS.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 10:14am On Sep 30, 2013
bigfrancis21: Hello Members,

How are you all doing? Sorry, I have been away for some time now. I've been quite busy lately. The little time I have to come on nairaland I just look around, post on the culture section and leave.

But I'm back now.

Good to have you back boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 10:22am On Sep 30, 2013
samnoah:

Your SOP should tell anything you want them to know about you bro. Cheers
.thanks, bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 10:23am On Sep 30, 2013
iamchux:

That's the job of an SOP!

My definition of his question is like; when you see FedEx at a very cheap rate and Nipost at a very expensive rate, and you still decide to opt in for Nipost as means of sending!

Paper apps are way slower than online apps, and you still have to spend on sending!
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Obajamie: 10:23am On Sep 30, 2013
@ Rcky Rozay, sent u an email....... Could u please reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 11:02am On Sep 30, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Sure, there are some things you need to do before your i-20 arrives, If ONLY you have your Sevis Number with you.

You will need your Sevis Number to Fill your DS 160 form and to enable you book appointment. You will also need the sevis number to pay for your Sevis fee.

If you DON'T have a copy with you, Email your School and ask them to send you a scanned copy of your i-20, so you can use it to book appointment.

OR if they refuse to send you a scanned copy of your i-20, you can also tell em to email your Sevis Number to you.

Things you Need to Do before your i-20 arrives;

1. Pay your Visa fee @ GTBank for #26,400

2. Fill your DS 160 form as accurately as possible and Fill in your Sevis Number correctly where Required.

3. Go to the appointment window and Book appointment with the Application ID generated from the DS 160 form.

4. Pay your Sevis fee of $200.

The Above mentioned are the things you need to do while waiting for your i-20, by doing this things, you have automatically speed up the whole process.

Cheers.

He also needs his school code

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 11:37am On Sep 30, 2013
godG:

Don't u get it! I said you might need to evaluate your transcripts FIRST! That cgpa is too low for u to pre-select schools. Assuming those schools u mentioned need a cgpa of say 3.00/4 you have already shot yourself in the leg. On GA, once u meet up with d requirements and u are a little bit above what are required, then talk to ur would-be dept and apply. See, check the sites of those schools and let us know what their requirements are. After getting their cgpa and gre requirements, then u will know if u can pick ur tent with the school or otherwise.
Here are what u shld do:
1. Peruse the sites of those schools.
2. Get their requirements.
3. Then evaluate ur transcript (if need be).
4. Know the requirements for GA
5. Then shoot!

Don't say ur scores or cgpa are low without knowing what the schools want.
So, come back here and let's see what u'v got... Reach!

Well said godG. Going to WES for evaluation applies if the intended school requires an external evaluation, however some schools have a way of doing the evaluation themselves. I know of one the schools in Texas that uses only your last 60 credit hours to do that. The implication of that is very obvious. you might be lucky to hit 3.0 especially if you have a clean sheet in your penultimate and final years. Some do their evaluation only with the major courses relating to your intended course of study. So it all depends.

Goodluck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 11:42am On Sep 30, 2013
Tochium:

He also needs his school code

Oh Yea.. Thats True.. 4got to Include that.. #Noted.. Thanks for Notifying me....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 11:47am On Sep 30, 2013
Obajamie: @ Rcky Rozay, sent u an email....... Could u please reply.

Replied!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by UNIXLover(m): 3:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hello Guys,
Plz can i pay online for my Toeful/GRE with my Master or Visa Cards? I need to register for my exams this week to afford me meet deadlines..

or do i have to do the phone calls tin to ETS?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
kunlebal:
FOLLOW BABA IMPERIOUXX AND RICKY ROZAY ADVICE, ASK YOUR SCHOOL FOR THOSE INFORMATIONS WITH THAT YOU CAN BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT AND PAY YOUR SEVIS FEE. CHEERS.

Most important, he should know that getting those info isn't guaranteed as some schools won't release those codes until he gets the hard copy of his form I-20. fullstop

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 3:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
UNIXLover: Hello Guys,
Plz can i pay online for my Toeful/GRE with my Master or Visa Cards? I need to register for my exams this week to afford me meet deadlines..

Thanks

Could you please go to PAGE 99 of this thread? You should get what u need there. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
McKinzie: Yes BigFrancis from a B.Eng to MS in Computer Science but they want me to go through the postbaccalaureate thing.. Though i already have some highly recognized I.T Certifications.. The postbaccalaureate tingy isn't the problem but the Visa chances is my concern..

The visa chances are the same. Just prepare well for the interview, get used to likely questions being asked at the interview, and pray. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
UNIXLover: Hello Guys,

Thanks

Visit page 99 of this page for full details on how to go about your TOEFL/GRE registration. The direct link is given below:
https://www.nairaland.com/1229483/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part4/99
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by francisabuah: 4:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
please house please help me with schools i can get fundings or grants.help me a little bit with this cgpa.3.12 on a 5.0 scale evaluation.last two yrs that is my 300 level gpa is 3.95 and my 400 level gpa is 4.26 respectively.hav not writting gre though, writting it next month.little help with schools with GA plz guys.thanks and God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Feexo: 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2013
@kunlebal, thanks a lot bro. However, I am certain I once read someone here said ECE evaluation make sense pass WES own after he did his own. Thanks anyway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 5:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
Feexo: @kunlebal, thanks a lot bro. However, I am certain I once read someone here said ECE evaluation make sense pass WES own after he did his own. Thanks anyway.

Brother make use of Wes. D evaluations make sense.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Feexo: 5:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
Fadinus, I have decided to go with WES..... Thanks bro....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mandybaby2007: 6:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hello house, I got my F-1 visa today at Lagos embassy, b4 i share my experience mak i pay homage nd give vote of Thanks first, special Thanks to just wise for creating ds thread, Thank you Babsharon, Thank you Imperiouxx( u r guys r off d hook wonderfull), Thank you Technolee(The first person dt ans my enquiry on ds thread) Thank you Chars1289(u r very kind nd it runs in ur family), Thank you Tochium nd Kunle bal(i used my tie nd it worked for me!! Was d only girl on tie in d whole embassy), Thank you Big Francis(didn't have any interaction wit u but i read a lot of ur previous post), Thank You Lisadem(didn't have any interaction wit u either but i learnt a couple of thgs frm ur post)

Amfrica nd odas coming after me, i pass d anointing to you all, you wil get yours IJN

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
francisabuah: please house please help me with schools i can get fundings or grants.help me a little bit with this cgpa.3.12 on a 5.0 scale evaluation.last two yrs that is my 300 level gpa is 3.95 and my 400 level gpa is 4.26 respectively.hav not writting gre though, writting it next month.little help with schools with GA plz guys.thanks and God bless
you have to search for schools yourself. You can go to www.usanews.com and click on rankings. Then check for your field of interest.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 7:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
mandybaby2007: Hello house, I got my F-1 visa today at Lagos embassy, b4 i share my experience mak i pay homage nd give vote of Thanks first, special Thanks to just wise for creating ds thread, Thank you Babsharon, Thank you Imperiouxx( u r guys r off d hook wonderfull), Thank you Technolee(The first person dt ans my enquiry on ds thread) Thank you Chars1289(u r very kind nd it runs in ur family), Thank you Tochium nd Kunle bal(i used my tie nd it worked for me!! Was d only girl on tie in d whole embassy), Thank you Big Francis(didn't have any interaction wit u but i read a lot of ur previous post), Thank You Lisadem(didn't have any interaction wit u either but i learnt a couple of thgs frm ur post)

Amfrica nd odas coming after me, i pass d anointing to you all, you wil get yours IJN

Wow!!!! This is wonderful.... Congrats dear.....
Pls share your Visa Interview experience so others going to the Embassy soon will learn from you..

Once again. Congrats. Welcome to the United States of America..........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mandybaby2007: 7:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
Me: Goodmorning maam
VO: (didn't ans was busy typing God knows wat on her system)
VO: why illinois?
Mesadconfused cos i was expecting why are you going to America) pardon me?
Vo: why did u chose ds particular school?
Me: i chose ds school cos dey r abt one of d only schools dt offer an economics graduate program wit a combination of finance, Msc economics nd finance
Vo: the only school?
Me: yea dt offer msc economics and finance
Vo: that is not true so many other school offer that, so many other schools
Me: Taken off balance(never argue wit them) so i just stare at her in agreement(in my mind i was like mehnnnn i don goof)
Vo: did u apply to other schools?
Me: yes, st cloud, unt nd unm
Vo: did any admit you?
Me: yes st cloud(na lie o! I neva submit my st cloud app)
Vo: wat school did u graduate from?
Me:University of uyo in AkwaIbom
She didn't hear me so i said it again
Vo: Oh kk univ of uyo
Me: yes please
Vo: did you do GRE?
Me: yes i did
Vo: wat was your score?
Me: 303
Vo: looks at me in susprise) 303 in maths or english?
Me: oh sorry, 153 in qtative, 150 in verbal 3.6 in writing
Vo: continues typing on her system
Me: praying in my heart seriously
Vo: who is sponsoring your trip
Me: My dad
Vo: what does he do?
Me: pardon me?
Vo: wat does he do?
Me: he is a mgt consultant, he owns 2companies, owns a bookshop nd he is a writer
Vo: how much does he earn per month?
Me: about 500k(note my dad doesn't mak up to ds per month, his kinda job isn't salary like its hammer sometimes nd sometimes e go just dry)
Vo: where do u work?
Me: i work wit xyz bank
Vo: when did u graduate?
Me: 2007
VO: how old are you?
Me: 28
Vo: are you married?
Me: No please
Vo: pick up your visa by God knows when(i no hear nd i didn't care)
Me: Thank you maam(pack my stuff nd skip out wit my hands shaking in disbelieve.

Note: she didn't ask me for any single document not even one! Meanwile i bin don suffer myself carry all d whole documents wey dey my house, remain 2carry d house itself.

My Advice:
1.wen dey ask u a question nd u goof(like i goofed) don't shake, dnt blink, still look them straight in d eye nd either agree wit them or jst give ds oh! am sorry look
2. Pray, pray nd pray again. Pray for favour, dats all u need cos favor is unmerited grace even wen u goof favor wil wipe it clean, favor wil mak ur number apear in d window of d right VO
3. There is no such thg as over preparation keep reading researching nd research some more, though dey didn't ask me for anythg i don't regret d sleepless nights, d surfing my school website 1mill tymes nd d sleeping on ds nairaland page, beta 2carry a hammer 2kill a mosquito dan 2get der nd discover u took a toothpick 2kill a tiger
4. For the ladies don't carry makup, powder perfumes, combs, hair pins, hand wash, lotion, creame, biro in ur bag 2d embassy des items r not allowed a lotta ladies had 2dump dier expensive mary kay kits in d trash can, one lady emptied her whole bag inside dustbin, i had 2bribe d mopol guys 1k 2help me custody my comb,powder,perfume nd slippers(i took slipperrs o! Mak high heel no break my leg for nothing), and once u leave d line 2drop des stuff frm ur bag wen u come bak u go 2d very end of d queue nd start again(dats d rule). Biros, batteries, torch light, camera nd Calculators r not allowed as well

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
@mandybaby2007,

Cheers!

And sorry I got your email when you're already on the hot seat....lolz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mandybaby2007: 7:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
NOTE: one drop dead gorgeous well dressed chick went 2a part window for her interview nd d first thg i heard was, VO: why did u chose a comunity college instead of a 4yr university, duno wat d girl ans, den i heard sorry u dnt qualify for visa at ds tyme nd d vo returned her docs. Make una no apply 2community college o! Its a NO NO at d embasy Tochium take note

D Vo at windorw 6 was just denying pple turn turn, my number was 201, i saw 195, flash at her window, den 196, 197, 198, 199,200 she denied all except 198(a very elderly woman in her 80's) wen 200 apeared i almost fainted i was like am finished ds lady go deny me, God pls save me, God pls save me, jst like miracle 218 apeared after 200 instead of 201, i shouted Thank you Jesus! Almost aloud loll, den i calmed myself nd said 2myself ds one wey u dey rejoice u dnt even know weda na frypan 2fire u dey go so, i didn't kno wich VO i wanted but i just knew d one i didn't want, my no 201 apeared at window 1 nd she gave me d visa

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
mandybaby2007: NOTE: one drop dead gorgeous well dressed chick went 2a part window for her interview nd d first thg i heard was, VO: why did u chose a comunity college instead of a 4yr university, duno wat d girl ans, den i heard sorry u dnt qualify for visa at ds tyme nd d vo returned her docs. Make una no apply 2community college o! Its a NO NO at d embasy Tochium take note

D Vo at windorw 6 was just denying pple turn turn, my number was 201, i saw 195, flash at her window, den 196, 197, 198, 199,200 she denied all except 198(a very elderly woman in her 80's) wen 200 apeared i almost fainted i was like am finished ds lady go deny me, God pls save me, God pls save me, jst like miracle 218 apeared after 200 instead of 201, i shouted Thank you Jesus! Almost aloud loll, den i calmed myself nd said 2myself ds one wey u dey rejoice u dnt even know weda na frypan 2fire u dey go so, i didn't kno wich VO i wanted but i just knew d one i didn't want, my no 201 apeared at window 1 nd she gave me d visa

That shouldn't be new warning to anyone here. Lately many here switch to trying lucks in everything, even when they know that such chance is as lean as 30 yrs crippled legs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 7:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
mandybaby2007: NOTE: one drop dead gorgeous well dressed chick went 2a part window for her interview nd d first thg i heard was, VO: why did u chose a comunity college instead of a 4yr university, duno wat d girl ans, den i heard sorry u dnt qualify for visa at ds tyme nd d vo returned her docs. Make una no apply 2community college o! Its a NO NO at d embasy Tochium take note

Congratulations dear! When r u leaving....I have noted ur advice (was denied some month bk) I am going wif a Uni nw
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
mandybaby2007: Hello house, I got my F-1 visa today at Lagos embassy, b4 i share my experience mak i pay homage nd give vote of Thanks first, special Thanks to just wise for creating ds thread, Thank you Babsharon, Thank you Imperiouxx( u r guys r off d hook wonderfull), Thank you Technolee(The first person dt ans my enquiry on ds thread) Thank you Chars1289(u r very kind nd it runs in ur family), Thank you Tochium nd Kunle bal(i used my tie nd it worked for me!! Was d only girl on tie in d whole embassy), Thank you Big Francis(didn't have any interaction wit u but i read a lot of ur previous post), Thank You Lisadem(didn't have any interaction wit u either but i learnt a couple of thgs frm ur post)

Congrat angel !!! Na you open show. Have α wonderful stay in Yankee.

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.