Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,504 members, 7,816,196 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? (6069 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Funny Letter Of Husband To Wife About Their Sex Life And Wife's Response / Types Of Husband: Men What Type Are You? Women What type Is Your Hubby?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by dablessed(f): 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2005
What Kind of Spouse Do You Aspire To Have?

I'm sure everyone has, at one point or the other, thought about the kind of "home" they want to build.

would you like to share with us the kind of man/woman u want to work with in building that home!!! I aspire to build with:

A man i can tell "everything" to and still feel safe and secure.

A man i can play "hide and seek" and all sort of "children's games" with even as "adults" ( Of course as the building goes on )

Ok, that's just a tip of the iceberg, now tell us the kind of spouse u aspire to have. I think its actually fun to imagine this.
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by dablessed(f): 8:53pm On Aug 14, 2005
A man that can sweep me off my feet ( just in the bid to catch some fun as we put the building blocks together)
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by dablessed(f): 9:00pm On Aug 14, 2005
A man that can "pause" for a moment just to say a prayer as we mix up "cement and water" ( in otherwords, acknowledges God first )
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by Seun(m): 6:17am On Aug 15, 2005
The first thing that comes to my mind is that I want someone who believes in peace at home. At first I couldn't believe it, but some women actually belive in formenting trouble from time to time just to "make life interesting". Well I can't live with such a person. At my own home there must be continuous peace. No domestic abuse, no power struggle, no weekly or monthly or yearly fights - just peace round the click and all the time.

My second thought is that I want a woman that is a complete human being - with concrete dreams, ambitions, aspirations, goals. The ability to make decisions and take responsibility, the ability to acquire knowledge and be respected. I ability to explore progressive ideas, new cultures, new realms in life and get used to them. And the ability to share in really big dreams because I'm the biggest dreamer you've ever met - I need to know I'm not going to be pursuing my dreams alone!

1 Like

Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by hotangel2(f): 10:11am On Aug 15, 2005
Husband that knows what "fun and romance" means. A man that'll understand my feelings, and no how to make my sad moods, become joy-ous. A man that will play with our kids just like he played with his friends while he was young, A man the'll come back from work and say, i should put the food i cooked in the frigde cos we are going to restaurant with the kids. A man that has dreams. And a man that will love me and my kids every second of the day. A man that technically believes and trusts in I and my kids. A man that i'll trust with my last breath.

More is comming on the way.
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by hopy2005(f): 11:46am On Aug 15, 2005
The kind of man I aspire to have is a man full of intergrity, some one who will cherish me from head to toe....Lol, one who knows whats up, understands, loves, one who fears God and can give me peace of mind.
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by dablessed(f): 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2005
Seun, i like that.

Hot Angel, cool one!

Hopy2005, good one.
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by layi(m): 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2005
She must be good (with a heart of gold). She should be understanding and want my progress. Thats all. She doesnt have to be perfect I'll make her perfect (for me). She should look good or at least have the "potential" anyway.
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by dablessed(f): 12:47pm On Aug 15, 2005
Well done Layi! Keep posting.
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by IAH(f): 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2005
dablessed will make a very good forum moderator. cool
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by ojikay(m): 7:20pm On Aug 15, 2005
I like to have a wife who can tell everything and who I can share my feelings with. Someone who know when to play and when to work....Ass-nal and Man-U not missing out and must be friendly to people.
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by dablessed(f): 10:24pm On Aug 15, 2005
IAH, is that an invitation to tender/treat? Or just a comment? Thanks anyway but i think you will make a better moderator. cheesy
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by Latoya(f): 4:07am On Aug 16, 2005
A husband that is God fearing,i have to enjoy his company,he has to always be there for me when i am down,he has to love me for me,he has to apprecite what we share,he has to be smart *intelligent*,he has to come from a good home,he has to be well educated in school and outside.he has to know what a woman wants especially in bed.he has to be very romantic,not just flowers and teddies but more,like going crazy about me everywhere we go to,can't resist me,just want to eats me right away.he has to be able to express himself in public,relate with different people,i have to love him like mad,he has to trust me.
he has to be neat,he has to know how to be the best father to his kids,he has to love his kids
shuld i go on?wetin i want is plenty,i don't think i can ever find all of them in one man,but well i will keep praying and dreaming on and on
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by DEKING3(m): 1:16pm On Aug 16, 2005
1st she should love only one person more than me and that's God because I'm crazy about God as well. She has to be Intelligent, educated and smart. She should be able to represent me whenever I'm needed and I'm not present at the moment.
And at home, she should be one that would obssess me sooo much that each time I go out, no matter the fun I'm having out there, I'll want to go home and meet her. She has to love not just our kids but other kids coz I'm really fond of them. If she's got anything to talk about, no matter how crazy, should be able to confide in me and vice-versa
She should be a person who has ambitions, plan for their execution and pursue them till she achieves them.

Finally, for now, she's got to be realllllllllllly crazy about me. cool
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by CorporateNija(m): 5:16am On Aug 17, 2005
Latoya, u would need to genetically engineer the genes of the man u want with all those attributes.
The kind of wife I look forward to having should amongst other things be able to cook me 3 sqare meals daily. She should have no problems understanding that I have no responsibilities in the kitchen. She must appreciate that I am lord of the house and my words are laws- my paying her brideprice means I call the shots always. Ofcourse her physical attributes must leave me constantly at attention. She should also be ready to provide enough male heirs to run the empire I intend to build. ....... laugh...... seriously tho, I would prefer a beautiful woman with her head properly screwed on and possess everything from a great sense of humour to class to intelligence to a caring dispositions etc. ... ahh lest I forget, she should also be able to cook up a mean meal of pounded yam and draw soup.
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by Latoya(f): 5:29am On Aug 17, 2005
CorporateNija,I think the last sentence of my post was this:

wetin i want is plenty,i don't think i can ever find all of them in one man,but well i will keep praying and dreaming on and on
But i as u said i have to genetically engineer my man, that means he will be a robot because i am not God.

As for the wife u aspire to have idea of yours,u sound very commanding and strict i guess na only those gals from the Villa that can help u in that case.u pay her bride price doesnt mean u r buying her for good,u demand respet as the man of d house o but not as the God of the house,because your wife can't worship u,u r meant to build and work together as a team.
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by layi(m): 10:13am On Aug 17, 2005
@CorporateNija
I'm a guy but got sum reservations here.

"My paying her brideprice means I call the shots always. "
U payin her brideprice only means u really want her. U didnt "buy" her o!

"I have no responsibilities in the kitchen"
Anything wrong in helping her out at times? Or even gettin her breakfast as a present on your weddin aniversary. She's your helper not your slave.

Men nowadays, have reasons for their actions..Not just what was handed down to them. Do what u know is right and unselfish and Life would be better for us all.

Got nothing against your post. its your kind of woman, but seems to me u want more of a slave than a partner as a wife. U wont enjoy her that way. Believe me.
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by Latoya(f): 10:54am On Aug 17, 2005
layi thank u,at least someone is reasoning wiv me
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by dablessed(f): 11:11am On Aug 17, 2005
CorporateNaija, You no go get that kain person for where u dey o! I think you should call your pple for village make them post somebody for you or make you go "pick" for yaself. ( No offences meant at all - all for fun)
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by Latoya(f): 11:37am On Aug 17, 2005
dablessed:

CorporateNaija, You no go get that kain person for where u dey o! I think you should call your people for village make them post somebody for you or make you go "pick" for yaself. ( No offences meant at all - all for fun)

Dablessed u have actually said d truth,d gal corporatenaija wants as awife has to be picked up from the Village.i have said it before,its not for fun,no offences,but its the fact!
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by legs(f): 11:51am On Aug 17, 2005
I want a man who will always make me laugh; a man who will always make me smile and [glow=red,2,300]glow[/glow] from within. A man whose presence will make my troubles melt away, a man I can fight with and make up with. I want a man who will understand me, a man I can express myself to, but one who will understand me even when I can’t. I want a man who will think I am still sexy after years of marriage, after I have borne his children. A man I can turn on with a smile and who is [glow=red,2,300]amazing in bed [/glow] (and out of it… wink). I want a man who can knock boots till I am in a daze, someone who will stay on my mind night and day.

I want a gentleman with a streak of fun and adventure who will woo and court me all through our marriage. I want a man who will stay close to me during childbirth; so that I can feel the same love I felt when we conceived the child. I want a man who will cuddle me and his children, a man who will be his children’s friend. I want a hard working that will wash plates if that’s what it takes to feed me and his children.

BUT THEN AGAIN WE ALL KNOW THAT IT’S NOT EVERYTHING YOU WANT IN LIFE THAT YOU GET!
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by legs(f): 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2005
@ dablessed and latoya even village girls of these days will shave corporate nija's head and even add a parting in the middle grin
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by dablessed(f): 4:13pm On Aug 17, 2005
If na you nko? You no go sharp-up? Who wants to remain a village girl forever?

" village girl " is a slang of old.
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by Latoya(f): 3:05am On Aug 18, 2005
Hehe, who no wan open eyes or wisen up?
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by TaliTali(m): 6:19pm On Aug 18, 2005
Just a beautiful woman will I want for a wife. that's all.
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by Motee(f): 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2005
A well presentable God fearing guy who believes without God he cannot achieve anything and not just a born again christian but also must be aspiring.
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by vexxy(f): 2:14am On Aug 20, 2005
A God fearing man
A man who respects women, intelligent, funny (a must), humble, hard worker, a good communicator, patient, he must have a vision, respects his parents, an educator, loves children, open minded, and strong minded.
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by hotangel2(f): 3:41am On Aug 20, 2005
Oh I forgot Funny, Yeah he must be funny! cheesy I like laughing. Who doesn't!
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by queen2(f): 4:04pm On Aug 22, 2005
A man that will love me till i die .......
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by Greatpeter(m): 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2005
I need a lady who believes in my beliefs, a mountain mover "prayer worrior"

A caring, loving, trusting, romantic and respectful woman who is not too cool sha!

i will want her to speak out where it matters. A generous who gives out to the needy.

A lady who loves serving God just like ........................................ in this forum.

i no go reveal am because of the thought of yours grin tongue
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by vexxy(f): 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2005
Having someone to believe in you can make all the difference in the world, GP. Great quality to look for in someone.

Two more to add to my list:

Romantic and thoughtful
Re: Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? by Greatpeter(m): 4:21pm On Aug 22, 2005
vexxy:

Having someone to believe in you can make all the difference in the world, GP. Great quality to look for in someone.

Two more to add to my list:

Romantic and thoughtful

That is the summary of my first statement.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Best To Treat House-helps (photos) / This Japanese Girl Is Only 6 Months Old, But Her Hair Is So Amazing(Photos) / I Think I'm Depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.