Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Should I Take Her Back? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Take Her Back? (5774 Views)

How Do I Take My Fiance Virginity Without Hurting Her? / Agbeg Help.... Apart From Tramadol.. What Else Can I Take? / ITS Just Our 1st Date And She Brought Condoms, "Should I Take Her Serious? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Take Her Back? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 20, 2013
xcitedjay: Number 1;
There is no court in Nigeria that can/will deliver judgement within one month. Also a company would rather appeal than hand over to you N5 mil.

Number 2;
Your sack letter would be typed, signed, stamped and delivered the same hour you called your lawyer to discuss suing the company, not given to you same day along side your suppose N5 million check.

Number 3;
I'd give it to you, you really know how to tell a story.

Number 4;
A lady like that is not going to get a second chance with me.

I'm quite sure I couldn't have put it better. If @op was writing in from, say, the US or Japan or spme country were the judicial system at least pretended to be a judicial system, I'd believe it a little more quickly but since it's Nigeria, I'm afraid I don't quite believe it, but if it were true, honestly it'd be tough to take a decision here because there are pretty strong arguments for either taking her back or letting her go.

Suffice it to say that forgiveness is always one helluva risk. If you marry her and she does it again, you could be much worse ruined than you could ever have been in this case. If you choose to not marry her because of this, it's possible that you will have given up somebody who will have learned by bitter experience (they say it's the best teacher) to stand by her man no matter what.

It's your call, man...if the story's true of course (but I doubt that it is).

1 Like

Re: Should I Take Her Back? by Youngpo413: 6:31pm On Jun 15, 2013
Just dump her,no time for long thing.
Re: Should I Take Her Back? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 18, 2013
kunleajaye: [b]After a long one month, I won the case. The company was ordered to pay me the money. The day I was handed the check was the day I was given my sack letter. I told them to shove it up their keesters and got my money. I paid the lawyer the 300k and thanked him. My fiancee was shocked and I told her they deserved it.

I planned for my journey, but kept it a secret from everyone. The night I was supposed to travel was when I had decided to let everyone know. Just as I was waiting to board the plane I called my “fiancée” and told her that this was it. I had put all my hopes and trust in her but she had failed me at my time of need. Not what I was looking for in a wife-to-be. I told her she can keep the ring as a reminder of our times together, but at that moment I was about leaving the country and I wasn’t coming back soon. She bawled and begged me on the phone, but I just hung up.

I kept in touch with my friend as time went by and he told me the girl was a wreck. He said he knows that she betrayed my trust but I should forgive her. My parents themselves said she and her parents came to see them one Saturday afternoon to plead with them for me to accept her back.
I know it is a tough decision, but I doubt if we can get back together. One thing is telling me to take her back, as this could be a test of my love for her, and another thing is saying I should just bone the babe and focus on mending my broken heart. Mind you, I still love the girl but she drove a red-hot spike through my heart, and it would take a lot of time for it to heal. Besides even if I was to take her back, it wouldn’t be anytime soon.for a man shall leave his father mother and shall cleave unto his wife and the two shall become one.never ever marry out of pity nobody but you will live with her for the rest of your life.if you know you can totally forgive and forget all that she did to you without using it as a yard stick in future go ahead and take her back but if you know their will always be a doubt about her being their for you let her be.its is better to have a broken engagement than an un happy marriage.nobody will be in the marriage with you
[/b]
Re: Should I Take Her Back? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 18, 2013
kunleajaye: [b]After a long one month, I won the case. The company was ordered to pay me the money. The day I was handed the check was the day I was given my sack letter. I told them to shove it up their keesters and got my money. I paid the lawyer the 300k and thanked him. My fiancee was shocked and I told her they deserved it.

I planned for my journey, but kept it a secret from everyone. The night I was supposed to travel was when I had decided to let everyone know. Just as I was waiting to board the plane I called my “fiancée” and told her that this was it. I had put all my hopes and trust in her but she had failed me at my time of need. Not what I was looking for in a wife-to-be. I told her she can keep the ring as a reminder of our times together, but at that moment I was about leaving the country and I wasn’t coming back soon. She bawled and begged me on the phone, but I just hung up.

I kept in touch with my friend as time went by and he told me the girl was a wreck. He said he knows that she betrayed my trust but I should forgive her. My parents themselves said she and her parents came to see them one Saturday afternoon to plead with them for me to accept her back.
I know it is a tough decision, but I doubt if we can get back together. One thing is telling me to take her back, as this could be a test of my love for her, and another thing is saying I should just bone the babe and focus on mending my broken heart. Mind you, I still love the girl but she drove a red-hot spike through my heart, and it would take a lot of time for it to heal. Besides even if I was to take her back, it wouldn’t be anytime soon.for a man shall leave his father mother and shall cleave unto his wife and the two shall become one.never ever marry out of pity nobody but you will live with her for the rest of your life.if you know you can totally forgive and forget all that she did to you without using it as a yard stick in future go ahead and take her back but if you know their will always be a doubt about her being their for you let her be.its is better to have a broken engagement than an un happy marriage.nobody will be in the marriage with you
[/b]
Re: Should I Take Her Back? by chrissy3(m): 5:03pm On Nov 26, 2013
Boss op If u ask me I won't give u a direct answer cause as even God has given us the right to make our choice but what I would do is shed more light to things you've forgotten.
1)Marriage is for better and for worse and as u said tins where swimming for u and she was all "honey honey honey" but when the worse came it was "you thief take your ring and get the hell out of my life"she failed this potion.
2)She wasn't coming to see you or cared about the state of your health knowing hw terrible 9ja police jails r and the only times she came was to interrogate you,boy o boy its funny hw she ditches you bcuz of money "her job".
3) Notice hw fast she returned your ring back and tried to get back when u were vindicated.dude let me ask you,if you were married to her when all this happened and while in jail a rich guy was trying to get her on his bed,what do you think she would do?
4)If you get back with her and go ahead with the marriage,you would always doubt her love for you and you would always be sad abt it cause your mind would always tell you she's not and would remind you of this incident.
Dude in this case don't let emotions rule over logic so be wise.oh I almost forgot do you knw girls run away from there parents and quarel with there family cause of love and give all there material possesion to a man because of love. Love is not about d tongue but the actions
Re: Should I Take Her Back? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 05, 2018
kunleajaye:
[b]They kept on sending people to me to force me to confess, but I kept on denying I had anything to do with it. The one that really got to me was when they sent my fiancee to me. I had expected her to trust me and believe I was innocent even if no one else did, but imagine my surprise when she came one day to see me in the cell and told me to confess or else our engagement was over. To say I was shocked was an understatement. I told her I had expected her to support me. After about two weeks, she came to me again and gave me the ring I had given her earlier when I proposed, saying that she cannot get married to a thief. I was so sad. The only person who supported me all the way was my friend and colleague. He was the one who kept my head above water, always encouraging me and telling me not to give up. He hired a lawyer and got a SARS team to track down these fraudsters, all on his own pay. Without him I don’t know what would have happened to me.

After about two months in police detention, one fateful Tuesday afternoon, I had just finished saying my afternoon prayers at the corner of my cell when my friend and the lawyer came to see me. They said the SARS team had managed to track down one of the fraudsters to Onitsha and were on their way to pick him up. I collapsed to my knees in prayer. The following day, they had picked him up and brought him back to Lagos. After confessing, they picked up the other two guys and within a week, they had released me.

To cut a long story short, everyone that was against me started begging me for forgiveness. Even the managers re-hired me and promised me a juicy position with a much better pay. They bought me a Prado jeep and said they will send me on holiday. My “fiancee” came back pleading, saying that she was sorry, that the managers forced her to confront me or else they would sack her. Her siblings and parents also called to beg. After so much thought, I accepted her back and gave her the ring. But deep inside me, I knew it was no longer the same.

I decided to act. A week after my cruise on company pay, I consulted my lawyer and told him I wanted to sue the company. He told me the best bet was to file a civil charge against the company, stating “defamation of character” as my case. The only problem he told me was I may lose my job. I said screw them. It was about time I left the place anyways and the time for my studies was around the corner. He wrote the petition and we decided to sue them for 5.3 million.
[/b]

someone accused you of stealing you went ahead to marry her
Re: Should I Take Her Back? by aleezbet(f): 8:11pm On Jan 05, 2018
I hope this wasn't the same lady you ended up marrying If Yes, then you married out of pity and it came crashing like a pack of cards....

kunleajaye:
[b]Before I go into this, I would like to plead to all ye Nairalanders to take what I am about to write serious. It is 100% real. No fabrications whatsoever. I’ve noticed of late that we have so many immature people who think that hiding behind the computer throwing out insults and trash while sitting in the comfort of their living rooms is the next best thing after sliced bread. I know I cannot control what is being said or done on a public forum, but it would be nice if we could avoid all these “first to comment, I’m dancing azonto” or “let me go ask my oga at the top” or any of the silly things that have come to define the everyday posts of many nairalanders. Thank you very much in advance.

I used to work for an IT company in Lagos as one of the sales representatives. We were a fairly steady company as we got quite a number of contracts to network and supply Internet access and network security from several other companies and even from Lagos state government. I had a good life and a lovely fiancée, who happened to work as the PA to one of the managers in this same place I worked. We were engaged and we had already started planning out our marriage, which we had fixed for sometimes in June or July this year. I had even secured an admission to study for my masters in the US. So I basically had everything swimming well for me.

Everything just came to a screeching halt to me one fateful week. The management wanted us to upgrade our servers and we needed an outside contractor to get us the equipment. I happened to know a couple of guys who could handle this so I gave them a call. The contract was for about three million Naira. Seeing this as a good opportunity for my guys, I brought them in and introduced them to the manager. They seemed genuine enough so I was told to write out a proposal and they all signed. We paid them 2 million upfront to procure the equipment with the promise to balance up the rest once the project was done.

There is this saying that the bad eggs in the basket have made the good ones smell. Immediately these guys got the check, they withdrew the money and disappeared. Everyone began to panic when we didn't hear from them by the time they had promised. The focus of their anger now pointed straight at me, since I was the one that brought them to the company. After a full month without hearing from these guys, we had to accept the fact that we had been duped. The company suspended me without pay. The managers got so angry they had the police arrest me and lock me up. Everyone assumed I had something to do with it, but I knew I was innocent. Why would I want to defraud the company? It was an honest mistake.

[/b]
Re: Should I Take Her Back? by jamesibor: 8:17pm On Jan 05, 2018
kunleajaye:
[b]After a long one month, I won the case. The company was ordered to pay me the money. The day I was handed the check was the day I was given my sack letter. I told them to shove it up their keesters and got my money. I paid the lawyer the 300k and thanked him. My fiancee was shocked and I told her they deserved it.

I know it is a tough decision, but I doubt if we can get back together. One thing is telling me to take her back, as this could be a test of my love for her, and another thing is saying I should just bone the babe and focus on mending my broken heart. Mind you, I still love the girl but she drove a red-hot spike through my heart, and it would take a lot of time for it to heal. Besides even if I was to take her back, it wouldn’t be anytime soon.
[/b]

Hope it's not the same girl that you are having to deal with now, is she?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's Your Sleeping Position With Your Partner? (pics) / See The Crazy Thing A Lady Claimed She Did To Her Man who cheated on her(pics) / See The Picture That Has Caused Alot Of Reactions. What Do You Think About This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.