Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Buying Naija Used Car, Should I Do Engine Flush Or Not? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Buying Naija Used Car, Should I Do Engine Flush Or Not? (1430 Views)

Engine Flush / How Do I Avoid Buying Naija Used Stolen Vehicle?? / A Food For Thought Before Buying Naija Used Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Naija Used Car, Should I Do Engine Flush Or Not? by mrtnt: 2:40am On Mar 20, 2013
Hi experts in d hse! Should u buy a naija used toyota car and not knowing d history of d fluid/oil being used on it. To save d hassles of engine flush, wil it be wise to fully drain out d old oil/fluid and just start a new line of oil/fluid altogether: just like normal servicing?

Thx in adv.
Re: Buying Naija Used Car, Should I Do Engine Flush Or Not? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 22, 2013
mrtnt: Hi experts in d hse! Should u buy a naija used toyota car and not knowing d history of d fluid/oil being used on it. To save d hassles of engine flush, wil it be wise to fully drain out d old oil/fluid and just start a new line of oil/fluid altogether: just like normal servicing?

Thx in adv.

Guy abeg go buy tokunbo car, what are u doing with a naija use that u want to flush the engine?
Re: Buying Naija Used Car, Should I Do Engine Flush Or Not? by ikeyman00(m): 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
@@@@@

rubbish!

there are some good and fairly used naija cars out there

everybody know it and the slavery mentality wouldnt help either

and why do u wana use engine flush; take it or leave it; thats has to be the last resort

i think the best u could come up with is to open the top engine cover to see if there is some sight of slugde which should be cleaned carefully with ur hands

put back the themostart and bleed the system with all the necessary maintenance done as well
Re: Buying Naija Used Car, Should I Do Engine Flush Or Not? by stankion(m): 9:29am On Mar 26, 2013
1st of all, some naija used cars are far beta than d said tokumbo cars, esp wen u knw their history. The tokumbo cars are also driven by some reckless pple smtimes and we do all sorts of repairs wen D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ get here bt we don't tel our friends all dat. So dat we go say we buy 'Very clean' toks.
Secondly, wen u buy a used car, take it to ur mechanic for a chk up, he shld tell u weda to service, change/flush fluid or anytin else to do. Bt try as much as possible to take along wen u want to buy, don't be a champion. Goodluck!!!
Re: Buying Naija Used Car, Should I Do Engine Flush Or Not? by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:50am On Mar 26, 2013
mrtnt: Hi experts in d hse! Should u buy a naija used toyota car and not knowing d history of d fluid/oil being used on it. To save d hassles of engine flush, wil it be wise to fully drain out d old oil/fluid and just start a new line of oil/fluid altogether: just like normal servicing?

Thx in adv.

engine flush is very simple it seems like most there dont understand it
you add engine flush to the oil which is already in the car then you idle the car for 10 to 15 minutes then drain the oil then add new oil thats your engine flush done

all you need to worry about is

whether the engine flush its self is a genuiene products its like you got to many fake products there and for the oil use the recomended one

any secondhand you buy you should start your own service history meaning even when the seller says i did a service history a month ago. that way you built your own service history and u will be assured that everything is new from plugs, oil, air filter, oil filter, petrol filter and coolant
Re: Buying Naija Used Car, Should I Do Engine Flush Or Not? by Jagermeister(m): 7:27am On Oct 30, 2013
suwas2003:

Guy abeg go buy tokunbo car, what are u doing with a naija use that u want to flush the engine?
Why are some Nigerians so unreasonable, som1 asked a honest question & then u reply him with bullshit, is it every1 that can afford a tokumbo? Besides aren't the tokumbo's still used? Are they brand new? Answer yourself!
Re: Buying Naija Used Car, Should I Do Engine Flush Or Not? by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 30, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

engine flush is very simple it seems like most there dont understand it
you add engine flush to the oil which is already in the car then you idle the car for 10 to 15 minutes then drain the oil then add new oil thats your engine flush done

all you need to worry about is

whether the engine flush its self is a genuiene products its like you got to many fake products there and for the oil use the recomended one

any secondhand you buy you should start your own service history meaning even when the seller says i did a service history a month ago. that way you built your own service history and u will be assured that everything is new from plugs, oil, air filter, oil filter, petrol filter and coolant

EOD Shikena.

(1) (Reply)

Need Help Pals!!!! / Lexus RX 350 2012 Model Full Options / Headlights For 2008 Honda Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.