Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,684 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business (1767 Views)

7 Myths About Fuel Economy / Disappointing Angles To Auto Business / Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by viperman: 8:32am On Mar 20, 2013
We dealers and enthusiasts are always barraged with lots of questions and opinions from non-enthusiasts and clients in the course of our business.
So lets hear some of the funniest and most ridiculous ones you've heard over the years cheesy cheesy cheesy
Here goes some i've heard:

- "V6 engines are bad i'm not buying"
- "White colored cars ought to be cheaper" angry

Lets hear some of yours smiley
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by showwiggy: 9:22am On Mar 20, 2013
it must be Alloy rim o
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 20, 2013
Haven't confirmed but I heard automatic car in neutral gear can not be pushed.
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by bigben3: 1:02pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hmmm!
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 21, 2013
I don't want a high-milaged car, it won't last long

1 Like

Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by GarbaAudu: 10:41pm On Mar 21, 2013
oh my God, i'm confused! between orobo & big for nothing, i don't know which one should i go for.
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by viperman: 9:22am On Mar 22, 2013
Victoriousvic: I don't want a high-milaged car, it won't last long

grin grin grin
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by lonelydora: 9:34pm On Mar 22, 2013
Honda V6 dey get transmission problem, no buy am. White cars dey cheaper than any other color.
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 26, 2013
A car clearly shows 2004 model for instance and a dealer tells you that it a 2005 because it was manufactured after april...... BIG LIE
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by viperman: 9:01am On Mar 27, 2013
chibabe3: A car clearly shows 2004 model for instance and a dealer tells you that it a 2005 because it was manufactured after april...... BIG LIE

grin grin grin
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by Marpol: 8:02pm On Mar 27, 2013
2002/2003 model! How can a car be manufactured in 2years?
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by DECOtech(m): 10:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
This car cannot travel from Lagos to Kano oh! ...the car n its engine are very small.
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by viperman: 7:46pm On Mar 28, 2013
DECOtech: This car cannot travel from Lagos to Kano oh! ...the car n its engine are very small.

cheesy
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by viperman: 2:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
- " once a car is painted, the car is bad "
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by TableLeg(m): 2:17pm On Apr 04, 2013
viperman: - " once a car is painted, the car is bad "
That is absolutely ridiculous ... I just wonder where and who first came up with that! LOL
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by viperman: 8:39am On Apr 05, 2013
Table Leg :

That is absolutely ridiculous ... I just wonder where and who first came up with that! LOL

Still a mystery grin
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by cecegorz(m): 11:33am On Apr 08, 2013
blink182: Haven't confirmed but I heard automatic car in neutral gear can not be pushed.
You can push/roll it while the Engine is off, but you cannot jumpstart it from gear 2 as you would do a hard-starting manual transmission.
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by cecegorz(m): 11:38am On Apr 08, 2013
viperman: - " once a car is painted, the car is bad "
I think you are taking it literally.
The fear is that when buying a painted used car, the buyer can no longer asceratin the extent of damage to the autobody before it underwent panelbeaters hammer.
So folks would rather buy 'as is' and then do the body works themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by Emperoh(m): 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2013
"No, i want the new modern". I haven't stopped laughing at this!!!

'I thought buying from abroad is cheaper?"

'No not 03, O3/04."

1 Like

Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 08, 2013
Emperoh:
'I thought buying from abroad is cheaper?"
LOL...i've heard that a couple of times
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by viperman: 10:10am On Apr 10, 2013
cecegorz:
I think you are taking it literally.
The fear is that when buying a painted used car, the buyer can no longer asceratin the extent of damage to the autobody before it underwent panelbeaters hammer.
[b]So folks would rather buy 'as is' [/b]and then do the body works themselves.

90% wont. The other 10% will tell you for fixing the car(at a cost...not for free o) already they will only buy it at half the price. Indirectly telling the dealer to sell at a loss. Its all negotiation tactics. smiley
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by viperman: 10:12am On Apr 10, 2013
" All German cars consume too much fuel "

" Hyundai cars are sub-standard and not durable"
Re: Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business by mencer(m): 1:04pm On Apr 12, 2013
haa it has 6 cylinders
it will consume 2 much fuel
nobody will buy it o.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Highlander 06 Vibrates On Idle. / Golf 3 Vs Nissan Almera / 2017 Volkswagen Phideon: The Amazing VW You've Been Looking For (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.