Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer (2268 Views)

30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer / Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers / The Questions Nobody Wants To Answer In Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer by ooman(m): 9:07am On Mar 21, 2013
victor-NR-ceo:
@ooman u letting emotions cloud ur intelligence,y beef at macdaddy *n don't deny it*,or have u derived at the conclusion that scientific theories must originate atheism? Macdaddy gave the best answer to OP qstn Number one(a valid conclusion,after invalidity in religious books about the universe n scientific theories to some extent(in their case,still seeking)).

@alfaman u are being no indifferent from ooman's emotional reflections. Loving u n ooman's illustrations was a ride worthwhile for me but,until now,u both are beginning to lose ur intelligent approach to peer group(NLers) opinions. I understand that ones emotions most times could be inevitable,but in this case it mustn't(be inevitable). Emotions cause the beefs y'all know that(skrikylmi noticed this too),abeg retreat to ur initial reputation(atheist are known for their love to learn beyond limitations *even the religious can affirm that*).

Greetings to y'all.

[size=15] "REAL" AND INTELLIGENT ATHEISTS DO NOT ANSWER "I DONT KNOW" TO QUESTIONS. YOU EITHER IGNORE OR ANSWER. EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY, AN INTELLIGENT ATHEIST WOULD NEVER SAY "EVOLUTION IS A GUESS"[/size]

How is the evolution of methicilin resistant staphiloccocus aureas MRSA a guess?
Re: Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 21, 2013
plaetton: In the same vein how does a monotheistic christian explain Zeus, Apollo, Amen Ra,Indira and all the other panteon of gods of other religions?

In reality, an Atheist owes no explanation to anyone. An atheists simply does not believe in god, even if he or she has no explanation for the origin of the universe. Our quest for understanding leads us to science. Science is an ongoing enquiry into the origin and nature of the universe. So far, science has made great progress in helping us to understand reality. The universe is still very vast and we are very far from understanding many of its mysteries.

Science has proven to be a better, clearer, more concise arbiter of reality than fables of left behind by stone-aged middle easterners.

This is just a cop-out, my friend. I feel certain that this is not the first time you're hearing that disbelief is a choice made for a reason and as such bears as much responsibility for defence as belief. So, the bold is about aa true as saying that "a theist owes nobody an explanation. The theist just believes in God even if that means that he has theories about the origin and destiny of the universe."

The atheist appeals to reason for the rejection of belief in God, therefore he has an obligation to provide the reason for which he holds that there is no God. Saying that theists cannot answer this or that question does not absolve you of the responsibility to answer what questions you are faced with. Prove first that you are a worthy debater by answering the questions posed to you satisfactorily, then you can exercise your full right in grilling the theist. The challenge here is that you lack the ability to address questions that fall out from your rejection of all belief in God.
Re: Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 21, 2013
MacDaddy01:

Typical cristian denail. The Op's questions were answered but you keep on denying....

Typical atheist lies. What questions did any of you answer? You really think that because you quoted his questions and typed something under them that you in fact answered them? Typical atheist disingenuity.
Re: Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 21, 2013
dekung: @OP, why are you asking questions that may not have a clear cut answer? Why not ask questions that deal with our contemporary lives like:

1) How come God never delivers r.a.pe victims

2) Why can't the bible God just kill satan once and for all

3) Why did God have to creat a tree of knowledge of good and evil shouldnt he have known that man was going to eat of the fruit (He is supposed to be omniscient)

4) Why is Bashir Al Assaad still walking arround, shouldn't he be struck with leprosy

5) How come all the corrupt leaders in Nigeria still rulling us 50years on despite christians' continual praying for the Nation.

6) If God prevented prevented the construction of Tower of Babel, why then did he allow construction of Burjh Khalifa and allow the construction of the international space station, Hubble Telescope and Kepler Telescope

These are just a few I can remember, I will add more later

What you have succeeded to accomplish with your list of questions is establish your inability to answer the questions posed to you and your willingness to resort to evasive techniques to prove that.
Re: Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 21, 2013
ooman:

[size=15] "REAL" AND INTELLIGENT ATHEISTS DO NOT ANSWER "I DONT KNOW" TO QUESTIONS.
So 'I don't know' is now a sign of being unreal and unintelligent.. Men, get the 4k out of here..

You really need to grow up, and stop being so emotional about everything.
What is your problem, seriously? Get out of that bubble, man... Life's harsh. Deal with it. Not everyone will agree with you. Even davidylan used to mock you when you first joined NL.

You're being a silly a55 nigga. Someone just has to say it.

1 Like

Re: Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer by debosky(m): 11:22am On Mar 21, 2013
plaetton:
In reality, an Atheist owes no explanation to anyone. An atheists simply does not believe in god, even if he or she has no explanation for the origin of the universe. Our quest for understanding leads us to science. Science is an ongoing enquiry into the origin and nature of the universe. So far, science has made great progress in helping us to understand reality. The universe is still very vast and we are very far from understanding many of its mysteries.

I agree with this, but only to an extent - if you are an atheist simply by your belief without seeking to convert others.

However, for the proselytizing atheist who seeks to convert others (of which there are many on NL), there is more of a responsibility to at least attempt to answer such questions. If such a proselyte is unable to answer such questions, he/she must at least be able to explain why he/she considers the theist view as untenable.

3 Likes

Re: Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 21, 2013
Thanks for putting it that way, @debosky. It helps balance my own response to him.
Re: Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer by debosky(m): 11:30am On Mar 21, 2013
Ihedinobi:
So, for some really weird reason, the Church has marched on rather than die for more than two thousand years by perpetuating myth, lies and war, but empires that have thrived on the same things have failed to survive even that long. Why is that, do you know?

Careful now bro - Is simply 'marching on' in the face of opposition now indicative of substantive truth? Islam can also say they have 'marched on' for x thousand of years - what reason would be ascribed to that?
Re: Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer by Enigma(m): 11:36am On Mar 21, 2013
Re foregoing

At the same time, a theist (even a Christian specifically) has no duty to explain anything to an atheist - especially a mocker. Yep, in the process of evangelism, the matter is different ---- but this forum is not exactly for evangelism as such, at least not primarily.

Ah by the way:

Mr A: Could you provide the answer for this sum i.e. what is 2 + 2?

Mr B: The answer to 2 + 2 is 5.

Mr A: That is not really the answer!

Mr B: I have provided an answer.

Mr A: Ok. smiley

smiley

1 Like

Re: Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 21, 2013
^^^Thanks for drawing that part out too, big bro. Sometimes, I just don't have the grace to spin it all out like that. smiley
Re: Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 21, 2013
debosky:

Careful now bro - Is simply 'marching on' in the face of opposition now indicative of substantive truth? Islam can also say they have 'marched on' for x thousand of years - what reason would be ascribed to that?

Actually, bro, I wasn't making any argument for truth there. I was pointing out that his answer was unsatisfactory. If myth, lies and war explain the perpetuation of the empty tomb, the resurrection and the growth of the Church, then how come there abound examples of other enterprises that failed to produce a history comparable to Christianity despite employing the same tools? That was the demand I was making.
Re: Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer by debosky(m): 12:02pm On Mar 21, 2013
^^ Understood bro. I just wanted it out there before someone 'jumped' on it to create another red herring.
Re: Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 21, 2013
debosky: ^^ Understood bro. I just wanted it out there before someone 'jumped' on it to create another red herring.

Thanks bro, I'm glad you did smiley
Re: Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer by ooman(m): 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
musKeeto:
So 'I don't know' is now a sign of being unreal and unintelligent.. Men, get the 4k out of here..

You really need to grow up, and stop being so emotional about everything.
What is your problem, seriously? Get out of that bubble, man... Life's harsh. Deal with it. Not everyone will agree with you. Even davidylan used to mock you when you first joined NL.

You're being a silly a55 nigga. Someone just has to say it.

Did you just tell me life is harsh?? Did you not know that before you decided to commit suicide.

Wondering why you are still alive, perhaps you met Jesus already!
Re: Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer by dekung(m): 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2013
Ihedinobi:

What you have succeeded to accomplish with your list of questions is establish your inability to answer the questions posed to you and your willingness to resort to evasive techniques to prove that.
Listen, this has nothing to do with evasiveness. You guys presuppose that the reason some people become atheist is because they have found extra-biblical or extra-quranic answers to the origins of life, universe and all those things that happened in the distance past. However, some of us left the history in the past and tried to analyse the present with all the things we have been taught. And to cut a short story long, they did not add up. Why do I have to bother about what happened in pre-historic times which are sometimes based on guesses when we can come to the present where we all exist and thrash things out without resorting to claims handed down by other men.
Re: Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer by UyiIredia(m): 8:51am On Mar 22, 2013
Going by the answers atheists have given here it is apparent the import of the questions is lost on atheists. Of course, no to mention the uncritical acceptance of evolution.
Re: Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer by Kay17: 12:05pm On Mar 27, 2013
oldtime: Twenty questions atheists struggle to answer

1.What caused the universe to exist?

2.What explains the fine tuning of the universe?

3.Why is the universe rational?

4.How did DNA and amino acids arise?

5.Where did the genetic code come from?

6.How do irreducibly complex enzyme chains evolve?

7.How do we account for the origin of 116 distinct language families?

8.Why did cities suddenly appear all over the world between 3,000 and 1,000BC?

9.How is independent thought possible in a world ruled by chance and necessity?

10.How do we account for self-awareness?

11.How is free will possible in a material universe?

12.How do we account for conscience?

13.On what basis can we make moral judgements?

14.Why does suffering matter?

15.Why do human beings matter?

16.Why care about justice?

17.How do we account for the almost universal belief in the supernatural?

18.How do we know the supernatural does not exist?

19.How can we know if there is conscious existence after death?

20.What accounts for the empty tomb, resurrection appearances and growth of the church?

My answer to this is: natural explanations are more consistent, in that they logically connect the effects to the causes. They are better in explaining why. While supernatural explanations like "God did it" do not explain why the supernatural cause is necessary when there's a ready alternative.
Re: Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Going by the answers atheists have given here it is apparent the import of the questions is lost on atheists. Of course, no to mention the uncritical acceptance of evolution.
Yea! I found out a long time ago. Most atheist sound smart only when attacking an assertion.
The thread below is an example
https://www.nairaland.com/1219531/understanding-atheism

(1) (2) (Reply)

1st Loveworld International Music And Arts Awards 2016 With Pastor Chris / Why Does The Bible Condemn The Rich And Encourage You To Be Poor Instead? / ❤️❤️ There Is No Real Atheist Because

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.