Stats: 3,152,192 members, 7,815,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Is Nairaland Going The Wrong Way(development) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Nairaland Going The Wrong Way(development) (687 Views)

What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? / Which Forum Software Is Nairaland Using? / Abeg Who Is Nairaland.com's Web Host? (2) (3) (4)

Is Nairaland Going The Wrong Way(development) by hoodboi(m): 3:38pm On Mar 20, 2013
I meant to post this a while back but i have been extremely busy. Nairaland is actually one of the best websites if not the best in Nigeria, i have personally done a lot with nairaland, ranging from meeting with lifetime friends to selling one or two things. But looking at my darling nairaland i can't help but feel it is moving in the wrong direction development wise. This currently in use twitter approach is far from what should have been done. I personally think Seun should have emulated more of the facebook thing it would have bred much more success. Nairaland as grown far more than just a forum within the past few years, it has grown into nigeria's very own social network as well as a lot more other things. I really wish Seun Osewa would reconsider and look into this. Try to emulate more of facebook than twitter and i see this website going places. I have one or two other things i would like to say, but they are strategies i am currently putting in place for my very own website and sharing it here would not be ideal. youngenterpreneur11@gmail.com is my email.

Please you guys should contribute.
Re: Is Nairaland Going The Wrong Way(development) by brine(m): 7:55pm On Mar 20, 2013
hoodboi: looking at my darling nairaland i can't help but feel it is moving in the wrong direction development wise.

Huh?! The only thing this site is doing wrong is Revenue generation. If I owned Nairaland,I would be making $680,000 weekly. cheesy cheesy

hoodboi: Try to emulate more of facebook than twitter

Wrong advice,follow Facebook concept and meet an untimely demise! BTW,Nairaland is not emulating twitter either.lol
Re: Is Nairaland Going The Wrong Way(development) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
brine:
Huh?! The only thing this site is doing wrong is Revenue generation. If I owned Nairaland,I would be making $680,000 weekly. cheesy cheesy
I feel you on this one.
Re: Is Nairaland Going The Wrong Way(development) by hoodboi(m): 10:25pm On Mar 20, 2013
i like dis nw let us analyse..while i totally agree on ur first point abt revenue generation i certainly dont agree with d second one. I expected an opposition b4 fully xpandin on my point. When i said facebook i wasnt refern to d biz idea or d entire idea i only meant a part of it. If i had d chance to manage nairaland here is what i wud implement

Firstly, nairaland should by nw have implemented the oauth protocol, hence automated postin just lyk d share on facebook on twitter. Dis shud have been distributed to several naija sites were content cn be generated.

Secondly, i wud have given users d opportunity to create blogs or a nairaland page thru nairaland. Dis wud draw attention from even an international audience.

Thirdly, it makes more sense to have friends not followers or being followed. Dis is cux look at d sort of relatnships we build on dis site we build friendships and nobody is anybdy else's groupie. If i send someone a frnd request nd dey accept it d frndship wud b both ways i dont have to wait for dem to follow bak.

Fourtly, i wud have plunged dis site into e-commerce, not just any sort of e-commerce, bt a particular type i have in mind and i am tryn to build a cms for. Wn i am thru i hope to work wit nairaland on bringing it out.

Lastlly nairaland is long overdue for a real time chat. If i wntd to speak to someone nw i wud have to take dem to 2go or fbuk which isnt ideal. A site shud try to completely be a one stop solution to all propblems.

I welcome anybody to come forward and show me d loopholes in dis 5 step plan.

Re: Is Nairaland Going The Wrong Way(development) by Seun(m): 7:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
Thanks for sharing these lovely ideas with us. We really appreciate them and hope to implement the right ones at the right time,
Re: Is Nairaland Going The Wrong Way(development) by a1solution: 8:54pm On Mar 22, 2013
@ Op. Guy you are right. When it comes to business multipurpose is the main thing, if in doubt ask top business men or Google Developers. No inovation no business. Facebook keep adding new features and despite the huge number of users they are are still advertising their site. Have you ever seen Nairaland Ad anywhere or even common share button for promotion?
Re: Is Nairaland Going The Wrong Way(development) by Seun(m): 8:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
@a1solution: That's another wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing it with the community!
Re: Is Nairaland Going The Wrong Way(development) by hoodboi(m): 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2013
Seun: Thanks for sharing these lovely ideas with us. We really appreciate them and hope to implement the right ones at the right time,
seun i have an ecomerce proposal for you that would be mutualy benefitial to us both. I wud aprc8 if i cud b speak 2 u in private since its stil an idea being built.my email is youngenterpreneur11@gmail.com
Re: Is Nairaland Going The Wrong Way(development) by hoodboi(m): 2:27pm On Mar 23, 2013
a1solution: @ Op. Guy you are right. When it comes to business multipurpose is the main thing, if in doubt ask top business men or Google Developers. No inovation no business. Facebook keep adding new features and despite the huge number of users they are are still advertising their site. Have you ever seen Nairaland Ad anywhere or even common share button for promotion?
i totaly agree wit ur first point about continous improvment bt i dont agree dt nairaland needs advert.instagram got 25,000 users on its first day witout any money on ads.ebay dosnt do ads and so many odas.wt nairaland needs is integration wit oda sites.a constant nd heavy presence on d naija web lyk google or fbuk dt no oda naija site cn contest wit. I also strongly feel nairaland shud set have set a new target of 2m users.
Lyk i said seun i hv an idea dt u wil love.i dnt hav a way of contactn u

Pls I Need On How To Publish A Personal Website / Website Review: Www.in-sonmia.com / Designer Louis Vuitton Speedy Bags Store