Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – (9107 Views)

Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo / We Will No Longer Guarantee Your Safety, Vacate Ijaw Communities Within 7days / Mama Peace Rice: Eat And Experience Peace In Your Life [pictures] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by COOLDUN: 10:16am On Mar 21, 2013
kokoA: shey na you go feed dia families for dem abi. You think its easy for families to just relocate without any source of income. That will only increase the level of poverty and crime in the east.

Then it is better to remain in the north to die right? some of you are confused how much money did they go to the north with at the first time? how many millionaires do you have in your community that made their money/wealth in the Northern Nigeria? can you count the graves of victims of the senseless killings in the northern Nigeria crises in the Eastern Nigeria towns today?

So you still advise them to stay put but they can't afford the money to start a new live at their newly relocated areas? let me tell you one thing, the money you make in the north is only a feeding money, the risk is more than the gains in the northern Nigeria.

It is only a foolish fellow that remains at a place where he/she is not welcomed, A living dog is far better than a dead lion. I will never waste my time to pity or sympathize with anyone that committed suicide. I will never force anyone to remain alive , when he/she is very tired of it.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 21, 2013
Onlytruth: BTW I appeal to umu Igbo to PLEASE ignore those baiting the usual "chicken fights" between Igbo and Yoruba.
I have declared that wasteful and irrelevant.
Both Igbo and Yoruba died in that Kano bus bombing.

Let's keep the kids where they belong -under the chair. cool

shocked shocked onlylies you keep your kids under the chair! That is child abuse you know?
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by kabba7(m): 10:17am On Mar 21, 2013
Am i being told that amongst the victims of the Kano bus bombing there are no hausa's or yoruba Tiv ,Ebira, Igala let the Igbo's evacuate from the north ( don't think those hausa's will mind that ) to the Easth if that will solve part of thier problems
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by RealMccoy2(m): 10:19am On Mar 21, 2013
mu2sa2: Hypocrisy at its worst. Are they saying they only guarantee violence? But violence in the east against few hausas their will be unwise becos it will provoke counter reaction in the north where millions of igbo are earning their livelihood. The kano bombing took innocent lives including hausa and igbos, muslims and xtians - ethnicising the casuality is most uncharitable. Fg should takle security challenges facing the country more seriously - that`s the only way forward.
If there is a reprisal attack, it will help expedite the 2015 prediction. Middle Belt, South East and South South will declare their sovereign states then the rest can have their Nigeria and decided their future for themselves. I hate to be seen as some one that hails from terrorist country, enough of this religion madness
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by jidewin(m): 10:21am On Mar 21, 2013
dayokanu: Like MASSOB Like Ohaneze. Coward partners in stupidityy

Abi o.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by gerald09(m): 10:23am On Mar 21, 2013
I fink its tym Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ all come out for a peaceful protest against is senseless killings. Its so bad nw dat most bomber ® 11 year old children, Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ need to come out n protest in front of ASO VILLA if not Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ will keep counting bodies cos GEJ aint ready no sorry aint willing to do his job. Dis our BAR, NL, twitter and FB talks won't get anything don.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by alexleo(m): 10:23am On Mar 21, 2013
dayokanu: Like MASSOB Like Ohaneze. Coward partners in stupidityy

ALWAYS TALKING LIKE A MAD MAN. IF AT THIS AGE YOU ARE STILL DISPLAYING THIS MADNESS, I WONDER WHEN YOU LL BE HEALED.

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by achi4u(m): 10:25am On Mar 21, 2013
Our yoruba brothers always want to see and laugh at their Igbo brother's agony and pains,but God who made Igbos great will not allow this jungle to continue.

I don't know the Igbo leaders of today.

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Manred: 10:29am On Mar 21, 2013
Our Yansh: Ohaneze should call their sons and daughers who are in the North to return home. If reprisal attacks start, the Ibos will suffer more. Killing suya sellers, shoemakers, security guards etc who are northerners can't be compared to the calibre of IBOs that will be killed up north.

How many Northerners have properties in the East?? But I can tell you that IBOs have lots of properties in the North. Tell your people to sell their properties, close their businesses and return home..

But the truth is‎​ even if they chose to leave the North, they will never return to AlaIgbo. Instead they'll run to the South-West or Cameroon or even Gabon. Better to die at the hands of traders than to be killed by your own kinsmen...

angry
ur last paragraph is d reason why they won't return home.B/C is better 2 stay in d north than 2 come back 2 that Hell
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by achi4u(m): 10:34am On Mar 21, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

If there is a reprisal attack, it will help expedite the 2015 prediction. Middle Belt, South East and South South will declare their sovereign states then the rest can have their Nigeria and decided their future for themselves. I hate to be seen as some one that hails from terrorist country, enough of this religion madness
hahahagrin
I know you won't mention SW...the lil liveredcheesy
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Manred: 10:36am On Mar 21, 2013
DivideUs: grin grin grin most of the people in the east are from Niger, no right thinking northerner wants to live in the east, no one has ever been safe there (not even the igbos) even b4 this warning, na only federal govt job de carry northerners go dat area, now let's ask how many inyamiri de north?

Oya make una insult me now, but that will not change wat u already know, just like you all know these bombings are a distraction but do not want to accept
on point
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by achi4u(m): 10:36am On Mar 21, 2013
alexleo:

ALWAYS TALKING LIKE A MAD MAN. IF AT THIS AGE YOU ARE STILL DISPLAYING THIS MADNESS, I WONDER WHEN YOU LL BE HEALED.
when he breath his last.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 21, 2013
DivideUs: grin grin grin most of the people in the east are from Niger, no right thinking northerner wants to live in the east, no one has ever been safe there (not even the igbos) even b4 this warning, na only federal govt job de carry northerners go dat area, now let's ask how many inyamiri de north?

Oya make una insult me now, but that will not change wat u already know, just like you all know these bombings are a distraction but do not want to accept
just keep your ignorance to yourself. Infact, all you non-igbos should keep your ignorance to yourselves. Its not as if anybody expects your lot to feel good about d news.
U feel joyous that some igbos were killed to the point of closing ur eyes to some of your own killed too.
The height of inferiority complex

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by RealMccoy2(m): 10:50am On Mar 21, 2013
achi4u: hahahagrin
I know you won't mention SW...the lil liveredcheesy
I didn't mention a name oh.......lol
I just hate terrorist, religious fanatics and their apologist.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by maclatunji: 10:57am On Mar 21, 2013
vanstanzy:

U are a BIGOTED-FO0L for making this statement. Late last year when Ayo Oritsejafor made this

same statement that has been credited to Ohaneze-Ndigbo during the wake of a Boko haram attack on Churches in the core

North, did u condemn him? angry angry angry Now its the Igbos making the same statement, and u RANT

like a pri*ck that u are, SMH! Nigeria has a very long way to go with ur likes in it. Lest u don't know, let me

enlighten u that the killings going on in the North has Yorubas as part of the victims.

ANYBODY THAT MAKES IT A POINT OF DUTY TO PURSUE AN INNOCENT MAN, WILL ONE DAY STUMBLE AND FALL, AND GREAT A FALL HE'LL HAVE.

It is the job of Ohaneze to secure lives and property in the South East not the Federal Government?
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by Sisom(f): 10:59am On Mar 21, 2013
this boko boys are the most senceless group i have seen. instead of bombing the bad eggs in nigerian politics they are wasteing their time on civilians abeg ohaneze fire on

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by vanstanzy(m): 11:01am On Mar 21, 2013
Our Yansh: Ohaneze should call their sons and daughers who are in the North to return home. If reprisal attacks start, the Ibos will suffer more. Killing suya sellers, shoemakers, security guards etc who are northerners can't be compared to the calibre of IBOs that will be killed up north.

How many Northerners have properties in the East?? But I can tell you that IBOs have lots of properties in the North. Tell your people to sell their properties, close their businesses and return home..

But the truth is‎​ even if they chose to leave the North, they will never return to AlaIgbo. Instead they'll run to the South-West or Cameroon or even Gabon. Better to die at the hands of traders than to be killed by your own kinsmen...

angry

Ur comment just brought out the STUPIDITY in u. grin grin grin grin grin Don't u know that if there is

a reprisal attack in the East against hausas, same will be duplicated by the Hausas in the North against not only

Igbos, but NON-HAUSAS, that includes Yorubas. Abi, what makes u a Yoruba man think that u re

safe when "Gbege" starts in the North. U might be a muslim, but trust me, that wont save u or ur brothers either, cos

the Hausa man will enjoy hacking ya'll down. So my advice to u and ur Yoruba brothers is, when SH!7 HITS

THE FAN... RUN LIKE CRAZY AND DON'T LOOK BACK! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by vanstanzy(m): 11:05am On Mar 21, 2013
maclatunji:

It is the job of Ohaneze to secure lives and property in the South East not the Federal Government?

*Yawning!* What a boooooring dude. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by RealMccoy2(m): 11:08am On Mar 21, 2013
ichidodo: Anytime i want to get 'likes' in here i just bash u and dayokanu showing how ure reputation has nosedived in nairaland, my heart goes to the innocent yorubas whose image you have successfully and erroneously tarnished as the most tribalistic people in Nigeria as a result of your rantings. What can i say but ride on, i dey laff o!
Not all Yorubas are devil's advocate. I would not despise them but will never rely on them when push comes to shove though. I may mock some of them but that does not mean I can not be friends with them. Exposed ones among them are like able .
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by jimharry21(m): 11:31am On Mar 21, 2013
can somebody tell me why the ibos must be condemn for accepting the obvious? the fact is that people lost loved ones and if their relatives and some die hard ibos decides to let loose on the northers in the east does anybody think that ohaneze can stop them? before you condemn the declaration read between the lines and be realistic not just reactive in the name of saying something.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by MeAboki(m): 11:41am On Mar 21, 2013
Ibo ppl are their own worst enemy, anyone with any sense at all would come to appreciate that BH terrorism is not in the interest of all Nigerians, since anyone (Ibo, Hausa, Yoruba, Muslim, Christian, northerners or southerner) can and have been targeted by this group; Major General Mamman Shuwa, the Emir of Kano, and currently the JTF spokesman, Lt Col. Musa, just to name a few famously from the north, not talking of the numerous Muslims who are by far the bulk & majority of the casaulties.
For Ibos to turn around as if they are the only ones being targeted is unfortunately losing them credibility and sympathy, because they are indirectly appearing to be claiming superiority above other ethnicities and religions.
Playing the victim's card in this manner cannot win them much favour but only alienate them from other tribes.
Abiola was overwhelmingly voted by most Nigerians, prominent northerners ( Col. Umar Dangiwa, Balarabe Musa etc) were the first to rally to his support; but once he chose to play the ethnic card he was left on his own- the rest of course is history.
Ibos should therefore not make the same mistake, BH is a problem for all Nigerians, we should join together to solve it.; they also should look into the cause as to why they always seem atloggerheada with almost every other ethnicity - even among themselves- they definitely need to self-examine.
We should also bear in mind that there are: the real BH, political BH & the criminal BH. Anyone of them, especially the first two could be responsible for the bombing -its not as if it didn't happen before, though we all know these kinds of stories don't make popular headlines.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by ABJay1: 11:44am On Mar 21, 2013
Toaskarity: This ohanaze is stupid!! So becus illitrate fools are killing each other somewhere thats why you shld make ur house a grave too! Dam! Some humans has along way to go angry

You Just have to open your big mouth and talk trash just to be first to comment... Kids of nowadays... *smh*
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by akpanbaba: 11:48am On Mar 21, 2013
I support Ohanaeze 100%.They shold be tired of this incessant killings of their kinsmen in the north.Haba
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by pazienza(m): 11:52am On Mar 21, 2013
I had followed this latest development in the north,with a degree of apprehension and anger at my brothers still in the north.

My grandfather spent most of his life in the north,my dad was born in the north,my maternal grand father was the same,my mum was born in igbo quarters kano,and she was raised in kano,darazo,potiskum,and bauchi. Her family prior to the civil war was deeply involved in business activities in the north,and they had lot's of landed property in many northern towns then.

My parents met and married in the town of potiskum. So i come from a long line of two families with deep love for northern nigeria. Till today,my parents still speak flawless hausa,my mum even have a fulani middle name,given to her by her father's fulani bestfriend.

I decided to write a bit about my family history,because,i have had silly stories from my fellow igbos,about how they have invested a lot in the north,and cannot leave the north.

After the war,my two families learnt their lessons the bitter way,they witnessed on first account,how your friends can become your enemies overnight, after narrowly missing death on their way back to the east,when the war was over,the two families slowly relocated their investments back home,it took time,but today,none of the two families lives in the north,and none has a single property in the north,all of the property are spread across the east.

Experience is supposed to be the best teacher,sometimes i wonder why those igbos in the north have refused to learn from experience, most of those igbos in the north will tell you that they can't leave the north because they have invested a lot there,but on closer look,and using my family experience,that line of excuse is bullshit.

Please,if you are still an igbo,doing business or working in the north,do your self some favour,make long term plan of returning home, re-invest your profits in the east,do your study,find out what other business you can do in the east,but please,do return home, no place like home, don't think that your death in the north will make us in the east to go the biafra way again,cos it aint happening,when you die in the north,your blood is on your head, nigeria history is littered with the massacre of your people in the north,yet you chose out of stupidity to make the north your home.
Okenye : "nwata ole ihe gburu nna gi"? Nwata: "elo" . Okenye: "nwata ole ihe iji na-aka?" nwata: "elo". Okenye: "nwata ndu ana agu kwa gi"?

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by pazienza(m): 12:03pm On Mar 21, 2013
Ohaneze should stop this silly talk of reprisal attack,doing that will make them a TV,and the north,the remote. Ohaneze should be advising igbos in the north to leave the north totally, ohaneze through it's youth wing,should subtlely help us eliminate redundant 'rulers' like T.A orji and martin elechi,they should stop dinning with these PDP thieves.

If we get our leadership at home right,we would be able to create enabling enviroment for all igbos that are scattered all over the north to tap into,and rebuild their lives again,and by so doing,bring much needed development to our towns and cities.

Ndewonu.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by SUBMARINE: 12:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
@IGBOS There are some part of Nigeria we should avoid except if God approves. When Lagos was almost emptied due to JUNE 12 crises, the Yorubas then realized d importance of outsiders and had a change of attitude towards outsiders.
Re: Ohanaeze Can No Longer Guarantee Peace In The East – by lotannam: 12:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
Clerverly:

Your hatred for anything Igbo is disgusting, I used to respect your analysis on this political forum but you have taken this tribal war too far. Do you remember some of us who dont share our brothers crude and sentimental support for the clueless man at the centre are Igbos? Please come off this, you are too good for that kind petty taunts. Take k

why don't you get on your knees and beg him properly to stop after all you disparaged your so call people first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Why Tinubu's Teeth Is Yellow And Its Possible Cure (see Picture) / Further Evidence Nnamdi Kanu Campaigned For Jonathan And PDP / SERAP Sues Buhari Over Failure To Publish Details Of ₦800 Billion Recovered Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.