Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,823 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo (27712 Views)

Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo / Lopsided Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo / President Buhari & Oyegun Unhappy As 7 APC Members Demands Ministerial Positions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Nobody: 4:31am On Sep 29, 2015
ENUGU—The apex Igbo socio-cultural group,Ohanaeze Ndigbo,yesterday,appealed to the Igbo nation to remain calm in the face of seeming lopsidedness of appointments made so far by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Ohanaeze was reacting to the strident outcries that have attended the appointment of the president’s ‘kitchen cabinet’.

President General,Ohanaeze Ndigbo,Chief Enwo Gary Igariwey, spoke at the Ohanaeze National Secretariat in Enugu during an appraisal meeting on the Igbo nation.

Chief Igariwey said,”we had a meeting of a select group with Ohanaeze NEC to discuss Igbo day celebration. It will be held on a low key. Branches are free to celebrate as they want. But Ohanaeze national will mark Igbo day on a key.

“It will be a day of retreat,tact and unity. The theme of this year’s celebration is ‘Akonauche na Njiko’ (tact and unity).

On the issue of appointments, the PG said,”we ask our people not to be disappointed on the seeming lopsidedness of appointments made so far by the president.

“Our people should remain steadfast, think of home, and galvanise efforts towards the development of Igbo nation because nobody will do it for us. We have helped in building Lagos and Abuja among others. It is time to do the same in our own place.
“We should recreate that zeal and develop our place. This years’ celebration is not a time of festival and masquerades,but a tiime for rethink.”
Also, former Secretary General of Ohanaeze,Chief Joe Achuzie,who was miffed by the lopsided ‘kitchen cabinet’ appointments, charged Ndigbo to remain strong and form a veritable opposition that will take over power come 2019.

According to the former scribe,”having known that the president has distributed key positions to his brothers, what worries me is that ministers have been regarded as mere servants by the president. In other words, if an Igbo is appointed minister,he or she will be a mere servant.

“The question is, are we to take up such positions to go and serve him,to go and make him popular? Without an Igbo man being a minister, I do not think the president will survive. So,Igbo should not take ministerial position.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/appointments-shun-ministerial-positions-ohanaeze-urges-igbo/

11 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Nobody: 4:31am On Sep 29, 2015
Am sure even the Ohaneze will accept a position if he is offered one.. undecided

Me I want ooo.. #baba grin

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by eleko1: 4:41am On Sep 29, 2015
Useless talk.Wic Lagos una helep developed undecided?

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Burger01(m): 4:43am On Sep 29, 2015
I've never seen people who are confused and directionless as these Ndigbosundecided

203 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Femolacaster(m): 4:48am On Sep 29, 2015
Awon jokers! Bunch of tribalists.
Scalar quantities with magnitude but no direction.

134 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by eleko1: 5:07am On Sep 29, 2015
lipsrsealed grin grin lipsrsealed grin.It is in them like peak milk.
Burger01:
I've never seen people who are confused and directionless as these Ndigbosundecided

88 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by modath(f): 5:14am On Sep 29, 2015
feji333:

Also, former Secretary General of Ohanaeze,Chief Joe Achuzie,who was miffed by the lopsided ‘kitchen cabinet’ appointments, charged Ndigbo to remain strong and form a veritable opposition that will take over power come 2019.

You don't want somebody & still wail everyday that he doesn't want to be friends with you!!!!!!!

PMB"s kitchen cabinet is his prerogative...

Next time make better choices....

According to the former scribe,”having known that the president has distributed key positions to his brothers, what worries me is that ministers have been regarded as mere servants by the president. In other words, if an Igbo is appointed  minister,he or she will be a mere servant.
“The question is, are we to take up such positions to go and serve him,to go and make him popular? Without an Igbo man being a minister, I do not think the president will survive. So,Igbo should not take ministerial /

Seems this man does not know politicians. cheesy grin

Members of same Ohaneze will take AD in the papers & hail PMB if one of their relations is nominated.

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Nobody: 5:17am On Sep 29, 2015
Eh ya!

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Nobody: 5:18am On Sep 29, 2015
Femolacaster:
Awon jokers! Bunch of tribalists.
Scalar quantities with magnitude but no direction.
what do you mean "no direction"? They want Biafra and they're working towards it and you're saying "no direction". An example of "no direction" is the likes of akintola, awolowo, abiola, adekunle etc being betrayed by the north yet there people still associate with the same north..that's directionless

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Aufbauh(m): 5:22am On Sep 29, 2015
"To stumble twice against the same stone is a proverbial disgrace" - Cicero

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by skelewu404(m): 5:35am On Sep 29, 2015
Who cares

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by IamPatriotic(m): 5:43am On Sep 29, 2015
I sympathize with these people, PMB will give them at least 5 ministerial post, it's left for the politicians of igbo extract to accept or decline in line with the directive of the Ohanaeze, trust human being, the same people issuing directive will jump at the opportunity to be given the posts if only their names can make through DSS screening,.....

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Sanchez01: 5:44am On Sep 29, 2015
Let those who are not interested call their sons and daughters back. No one would beg them as long as Nigeria is functioning properly. They say the Hausas are backward and are animals, yet the Arewa is the most matured of the three major ethnic group. The Afenifere seems divided but the Ohaneze is totally confused.

Nigeria does not belong to anyone. It belongs to every Nigerian, both small and great. Make dem swerve abeg.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by efilefun(m): 5:48am On Sep 29, 2015
The only thing you dudes are good in is chest beating, when PMB visited Obama earlier this year your kinsmen donated money to Kalu and he never appeared at the front of white house with any placard, you guys are just deceiving yourself, the rich ones among you are busy making money and marrying people from different tribes while some hungry mofos are here crying biafra....lmao
liberty300:
i have never seen people that are so vision-less like the Yorubas. Chairmen of attaché-to-the-north-by-force.

That Biafran Dream is getting stronger and stronger..no one wants to associate with the dullard. Buhari should ask around, most of the best performing ministers ever in nigeria are of Igbo extract.

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Aufbauh(m): 5:49am On Sep 29, 2015
"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone's plan.guess what they have planned for you? Not much" - Jim Rohn
"When one has not had a good father, one must create one"-Friedrich Nietzsche
"In the long history of humankind (and animal too), those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed "-Charles Darwin

I don't have much to say but with the aforementioned words of counsel by these great men, i think Ohaneze Ndigbo and south East politicians can take a clue for the political and economic emancipation & revival of their region.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by mrmetoo1: 5:51am On Sep 29, 2015
Another chapter of the same group will come and congratulate the appointees very soon. Meanwhile will this directive be obeyed?? No!! Will any Igbo person refuse?? No!! I know that, they know that so what's the point of this??

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by lorbah001(m): 5:53am On Sep 29, 2015
Even d biological parents of ur adopted son (GEJ) no dey form dis sorta alliance

As I laugh u in 'yinmirin' I dey SMH

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by flerKys(f): 6:00am On Sep 29, 2015
The NdIgbos are been told to shun any ministerial appointment but what if non of their names appears on the speculated list. How will they feel then.

6 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by disumusa: 6:00am On Sep 29, 2015
feji333:
You are here : Home » News »
Appointments: Shun ministerial positions, Ohanaeze urges Igbo
September 29, 2015 at 1:24 am in News FacebookTwitterSMSWhatsApp
By Francis Igata
ENUGU—The apex Igbo socio-cultural group,Ohanaeze Ndigbo,yesterday,appealed to the Igbo nation to remain calm in the face of seeming lopsidedness of appointments made so far by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Ohanaeze was reacting to the strident outcries that have attended the appointment of the president’s ‘kitchen cabinet’.
President General,Ohanaeze Ndigbo,Chief Enwo Gary Igariwey, spoke at the Ohanaeze National Secretariat in Enugu during an appraisal meeting on the Igbo nation.
Chief Igariwey said,”we had a meeting of a select group with Ohanaeze NEC to discuss Igbo day celebration. It will be held on a low key. Branches are free to celebrate as they want. But Ohanaeze national will mark Igbo day on a key.

Igbo Chiefs
“It will be a day of retreat,tact and unity. The theme of this year’s celebration is ‘Akonauche na Njiko’ (tact and unity).
On the issue of appointments, the PG said,”we ask our people not to be disappointed on the seeming lopsidedness of appointments  made  so far by the president.
“Our people should remain steadfast, think of home, and galvanise efforts towards the development of Igbo nation because nobody will do it for us. We have helped in building Lagos and Abuja among others. It is time to do the same in our own place.
“We should recreate that zeal and develop our place. This years’ celebration is not a time of festival and masquerades,but a tiime for rethink.”
According to the former scribe,”having known that the president has distributed key positions to his brothers, what worries me is that ministers have been regarded as mere servants by the president. In other words, if an Igbo is appointed  minister,he or she will be a mere servant.
“The question is, are we to take up such positions to go and serve him,to go and make him popular? Without an Igbo man being a minister, I do not think the president will survive. So,Igbo should not take ministerial position.”

Source ; http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/appointments-shun-ministerial-positions-ohanaeze-urges-igbo/
igbo know buhari will not give them better position
Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 29, 2015
efilefun:
The only thing you dudes are good in is chest beating, when PMB visited Obama earlier this year your kinsmen donated money to Kalu and he never appeared at the front of white house with any placard, you guys are just deceiving yourself, the rich ones among you are busy making money and marrying people from different tribes while some hungry mofos are here crying biafra....lmao
wch igbos made money from Lagos that is not in the east? Chisco has relocated to the east, coscharis, Ifeanyi Ubah etc have all relocated to the east. Don't worry, it will soon dawn on you guys

12 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by PentiumPro(f): 6:01am On Sep 29, 2015
I know it will come to this, Igbos have never been known to play opposition politics in Nigeria. They have always been part of the Central government, this new environment is completely strange to them and hence the desperation for attention.

40 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by GabrielSuswam(m): 6:06am On Sep 29, 2015
Then tell all our Igbo senators and House of Reps members to return back to the SouthEast..

If Andy Uba no go shoot you

21 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by khassy(m): 6:16am On Sep 29, 2015
they shouldn't start complaining of marginalisation oooo undecidedundecided
Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by efilefun(m): 6:16am On Sep 29, 2015
Keep dreaming, i have met alot of Igbos over here and i can tell you its mostly those hungry ones that are been paid to carry placards in the cold, A hardworking igbo dude cares less about biafra but his immediate family and his pocket.
liberty300:
wch igbos made money from Lagos that is not in the east? Chisco has relocated to the east, coscharis, Ifeanyi Ubah etc have all relocated to the east. Don't worry, it will soon dawn on you guys

32 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by midolian(m): 6:16am On Sep 29, 2015
IamPatriotic:
I sympathize with these people, PMB will give them at least 5 ministerial post, it's left for the politicians of igbo extract to accept or decline in line with the directive of the Ohanaeze, trust human being, the same people issuing directive will jump at the opportunity to be given the posts if only their names can make through DSS screening,.....
Exactly grin

3 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by hassan85(m): 6:42am On Sep 29, 2015
Haha what has gone wrong with this Association? PMB didnt appoint Ibo as SGF u all were seeking sympathy on media now wat da hel is ds again? Just stop realising rubbish as statement from elders

5 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by cyberdurable(m): 6:43am On Sep 29, 2015
grinok ooo
Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by melzabull(f): 6:48am On Sep 29, 2015
Aufbauh:
[s]"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone's plan.guess what they have planned for you? Not much" - Jim Rohn
"When one has not had a good father, one must create one"-Friedrich Nietzsche
"In the long history of humankind (and animal too), those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed "-Charles Darwin

I don't have much to say but with the aforementioned words of counsel by these great men, i think Ohaneze Ndigbo and south East politicians can take a clue for the political and economic emancipation & revival of their region[/s].

3 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Pangea: 6:55am On Sep 29, 2015
He he he,
Knowing the Igbos, those who will be appointed will celebrate with their families and friends.
While the clowns in these Eze ndigbos are also lobbying underground to add their families to the list.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Masterclass32: 7:01am On Sep 29, 2015
Igbos think home.

I stand with the President General on this. Always have.

I could care less about the ministerial positions.

10 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by omoelesa(m): 7:03am On Sep 29, 2015
Me think,may be jeremiah in the bible, is an ibo man,with high level of lamentation always coming from them.

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BRT: Lagos Govt Terminates Agreement With Operator / Dino Melaye Celebrates His Birthday At COZA Church (Photos) / N500m Paris Club Cash Recovered From Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.