Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? (27560 Views)

When You Take Too Much Alcohol[funny pix] / 22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat / Myths About Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 21, 2013
I drink alcohol for pleasure...

it's like asking why do you drink coke or fanta? undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by Lilimax(f): 5:20pm On Mar 21, 2013
I still wonder the benefits they recieve from drinking alcohol. Little wonder the Holy book says that 'Give strong drink to him that is ready to perish. Alcohol have done more harm than good to people..

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by ginajet(f): 5:20pm On Mar 21, 2013
Na so!!!!
Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by Maxymilliano(m): 5:21pm On Mar 21, 2013
Alcohol is one of the best thing to happen to humanity, but the keyword is moderation... Take it or leave it!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 21, 2013
The same Bible also says in 1 Timothy 5:23- Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for the sake of thy stomach and thine often infirmities.

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by Saraben(f): 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2013
i jst kip wondering wat satisfaction dey get 4rm dat rubbish...i hate seeing young guys destroy dere future..so painful
Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by chinkelly(m): 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
greatgod2012: There is actually nothing to gain from liqour/alcohol/beer except vanity.

Those who think they are gaining something are only daydreaming, its possible to be what one wants to be without involving in drinking beer.
May God help them.
9ja, na everything una go disturb God put. And yet as much as u ppl profer to be religious this country is one of most rotten places in the world. omo drink ur beer joo, nor mind all dis hypocrites. If u check well d guy dey hide take shekpe! tongue
greatgod2012: There is actually nothing to gain from liqour/alcohol/beer except vanity.

Those who think they are gaining something are only daydreaming, its possible to be what one wants to be without involving in drinking beer.
May God help them.
9ja, na everything una go disturb God put. And yet as much as u ppl profer to be religious this country is one of most rotten places in the world. omo drink ur beer joo, nor mind all dis hypocrites. If u check well d guy dey hide take shekpe!

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by greatgod2012(f): 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
timilehin007: Seriously i like to drink but i do it moderately i dnt go as far as to molest myself with it..so what i gain is it gives me inspiration to do anything an it motivates me to do things i wishes to do but doesn't have the courage to do it ordinarily and in most cases if i dnt drink i'd be shy most expecially to ladies

you can achieve all these without getting drinking beer, and you know it, you are only thinking without liquor, you cant achieve them, but, you just decide to embark on them, with strong enthusiasm, and see if you wont achieve what you desire to achieve, it depends on you, not on beer/alcohol.
Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 21, 2013
I drink alcohol for fun when my wife is not around, but moderately sha
Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2013
Whenever I take one chilled bottle of Legend or Extra Smooth (and I rarely go beyond one bottle), I feel real good.
However, am always disgusted when I hear people bragging about how they take several bottles and still remain "sober".
Personally, I have the capacity to take three bottles and retain my sanity, but restricted myself to one, and am liking it!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2013
Maxymilliano: Alcohol is one of the best thing to happen to humanity, but the keyword is moderation... Take it or leave it!
Exactly. Alcohol has its benefits, it lowers the risk of heart disease and also lowers insulin levels thereby preventing diabetes.

Those are the ones I can think of off my head.

All that matters is moderation.
Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by Theloveth(m): 5:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
Op abeg put weed,cigar in that list too....All type of alcohols and so on.This alcohol are not even sweet and whats the pleasure in inhaling a smoke for Godsake.You make a foolery of yourself by falling inside gutter,talking rubbish,wasting your hard earned money (if you are dependent and not those students) and injuring yourself health-wise on the long run.Oga o!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by hardbody: 5:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
Tpumpz: Alcohol no qood at all.itz beta u stop it if u r drinkinq it..i avnt tastd it b4 xo i cant say i qain smthnq 4rm it.

You are one person that has no business commenting on this thread.

@ post....I just drink, it neither adds nor removes anything from my person. On weekdays I chill out and nurse a beer or two while waiting for traffic to thin out, on other occasions, I just drink socially. Each man unto his own, judge not. People have been known to die whether or not they ever drank or sipped alcohol, or do you think all the people involved and affected by the Dana crash were all alcoholics? Besides, I do not believe that drinking alcohol should be used as a source of inspiration, that will be so stupidd and temporary.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by Godyke(m): 5:27pm On Mar 21, 2013
bilms: I hear some people say,a day can't go by without taking liquo,because to them,they don't feel alright without it. But what exactly do they gain from drinking it everyday to the extent that they can't do without it? some even use their last kobo to buy a bear. I think alcohol is more than refreshment,there must be something else.

Do you mean beer ?. Because we cant find bear in our alcoholic dictionary. Pls correct yourself before you further confuse some of our drunken people on this thread.
Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by pssword: 5:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
Who is asking this type of yeye question. Questioning sharks??!!!
May the gods of sapele waater forgive you for such trespassing cool

1 Like

Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by kpolli(m): 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
bilms: I hear some people say,a day can't go by without taking liquo,because to them,they don't feel alright without it. But what exactly do they gain from drinking it everyday to the extent that they can't do without it? some even use their last kobo to buy a bear. I think alcohol is more than refreshment,there must be something else.

You can't know it til you drink it

1 Like

Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 21, 2013
redcliff: [size=15pt]Until i see one concrete benefit of alcohol, I would never still get why people feel life and death is attached to not drinking. TSk[/size]

Some wine act as aphrodisiac,I mean wine like Moet, Martini Rose and Dom perignon but on the whole nothing spectacular about them instead it does damages to the body.
Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by Goldie20: 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2013
To Numb me from the bullshiit of this world.. angry
Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by ab1x: 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2013
If you like you can rant from now till tomorrow but that does not disturb people from drinking it. As I am typing now, am sipping chilled harp at an eatery. When I am angry, I used it to calm my nerves down. Most times, I drink alcohol for fun but atimes annoyance, depression, tiredness are partly those factors militating it although that does not apply to other people. I'm not a drunkard though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by 32D: 5:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
[size=18pt]WHAT WILL YOU GAIN FROM KNOWING WHAT I GAIN[/size]

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by stevebond007(m): 5:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
It refreshes d body
For al u 2 kno. Alcohol is nt a sin, but wen u ova do it is.

Jesus turned water 2 wine...we don't kno if alcoholic or not

When u ve a sore on ur body, u apply methylated spirit (an alcohol)
so likewise a REASONABLE amt of alcohol can heal ur stomach sores, intestinal rupture.
Drink Reasonably,
Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by OgaTheTop2: 5:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
This thread is for people who drink and not people who don't. If you don't drink your advice is not needed... As for me, I only drink when am too fagged out and tired. once I downed a bottle of 'Goodar' my energy returns. Just a bottle and am good to go.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by 32D: 5:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
ItsModella: I drink alcohol for pleasure...

it's like asking why do you drink coke or fanta? undecided undecided
pls tell him o
Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 21, 2013
32-D:

[size=18pt]WHAT WILL YOU GAIN FROM KNOWING WHAT I GAIN[/size]

He's looking for inspiration to venture into the brewery industry or not.
Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by rali123(f): 5:34pm On Mar 21, 2013
Too much of everything generally is bad. It makes me relax better, it takes away work burden for the day...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by Subzero101(m): 5:35pm On Mar 21, 2013

May God help them.
Go and haff seat..OKPO!
Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by a1solution: 5:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
Acohol is not good for spiritual works so I abstain from it not that is a tabull
Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
For all those oversabi religious fanatics who want to talk nonsense, drinking alcohol is NOT a sin, getting drunk is...so get your facts right.

As for me, I drink primarily for pleasure, just to chill and relax...nothing biggie
Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by majomayo(m): 5:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
Abegii.... Alcohol is alright. Taking it excessively is d problem. After a stressful day, it helps me relax and puts me in a right frame of mind.
For those shouting that its bad and they have not tasted it b4, u've got no right to condemn it. Taste fes....and you will know what you have been missing..
Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by majomayo(m): 5:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
a1solution: Acohol is not good for spiritual works so I abstain from it not that is a tabull

Taboo....

1 Like

Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by dahdah: 5:40pm On Mar 21, 2013
mawojuuche: Excitement...It removes dullness frm me. If i dnt drink then i would commit suicide!!
Now, which would u prefer btw a brother that drinks and a brother that commit suicide
this life is too short for u to commit suicide, dnt worry u'l soon die either u drink beer or not
Re: What Do You Gain From Drinking Alcohol? by Truckpusher(m): 5:42pm On Mar 21, 2013
God bless the makers of alho alhohol grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

4 Delicious Soups To Relish When In Edo / US Farmer Grows Multi-coloured Corn (Pictures) / Pretty Foreign Lady Tries Different Nigerian Foods For The 1st Time (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.