Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! (71327 Views)

Famous Quotes Of Prof Chinua Achebe / Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past / Chinua Achebe Is Ignorant Of The Situation In Nigeria - GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
When will obasanjo die? undecided
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by OkochiZico(m): 1:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
What a monumental loss to Ndi Igbo in particular and Nigeria @ large.
Truely the embodiment of Wisdom is gone like a candle in the wind,
the literary ICON is gone forever.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by 3kay945(m): 1:34pm On Mar 22, 2013
albacete:
Bros ee. Abeg easy.

RIP Achebe. Go and meet ur oga @ d top.

You can't underestimate the power of smartphones..grin
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by EkoIle1: 1:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
layuns:
I understand you defnately have your reason for evry word but kindly have respect for the departed souls! Remember we will sooner or later join them!! Pls say no 'wrong' about d dead.

But Achebe not only didn't show no respect for the dead/Awo, he insulted Awo and his people. It's Ok to respect your ashebe, but don't ask other people to because he didn't earn that respect and especially for a mean spirited and vindictive bitter old man who refused to act like an elder or respect himself.

What goes around comes around.

7 Likes

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by RuthIsaac(f): 1:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
RIP
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by ypzilanti: 1:36pm On Mar 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

But Achebe showed not only didn't show no respect for the dead/Awo, he insulted Awo and his people. It's Ok to respect your ashebe, but don't ask other people to because he didn't earn that respect and especially for a mean spirited and vindictive bitter old man who refused to act like an elder or respect himself.

The E tribal warlords are crawling out.

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Cheks01(f): 1:36pm On Mar 22, 2013
Finally... Things ve fallen apart! Rest in peace great man
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by mysticgal(f): 1:36pm On Mar 22, 2013
read chike and the river,no longer at ease,anthills of the savannah,arrow of the gods,but things fall apart pulled a piece of my heart.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
noskeybaba:

And who told u he wanted to be a Nigerian Hero? How many times did he reject your National Honors? He is our Hero and World Hero at large. Nigerian hero my foot.

Point of correction, Igbos don't see yorubas as their enemy, we see them as slave t0 the Northerners. Cowards!! #thatsAll.

cool cool cool cool
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
jentlsoul: what does he know in the field of science and also comparative religion aspect that you saying Achebe is equal to book.

Where re all the nigerian scientists nd comparative religion pioneers. Can u mention a popular name, at least 1 we can compare to dis guy. Nigerian scientists no get mouth oh, na only titration dem sabi.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by LeSulk(m): 1:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
IMMORTALITY:He may be gone but his legacy lives on.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

But Achebe not only didn't show no respect for the dead/Awo, he insulted Awo and his people. It's Ok to respect your ashebe, but don't ask other people to because he didn't earn that respect and especially for a mean spirited and vindictive bitter old man who refused to act like an elder or respect himself.

Exactly!
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Bec(f): 1:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
Achebe lives on. His works are evergreen. RIP Prof.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by skyp(m): 1:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
May his soul rest in perfect peace of the Lord
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by mysticgal(f): 1:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
always dreamt of being a great writer like him,and gani too,always wanted to atleast shake hands with them but they are gone.hmm;(so sad.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by depoty: 1:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
May his soul rest in peace,
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by merengue: 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
noskeybaba:

And who told u he wanted to be a Nigerian Hero? How many times did he reject your National Honors? He is our Hero and World Hero at large. Nigerian hero my foot.

Point of correction, Igbos don't see yorubas as their enemy, we see them as slave t0 the Northerners. Cowards!! #thatsAll.

Another display of extravagant stupidity!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

Monkey, he did not need your useless respect.... Church rat like you who knows u, a man respect by creme de la creme of the whole world , who need bloody ekiti church rat respect undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Generaltos: 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
RIP Man. Lastwk it was Maitama Sule(Hausa), yesterday it was Obadare( Yoruba), today Chinua Achebe (Igbo) God have mercy on Nigeria.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 22, 2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by MaziOmenuko: 1:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
Goodnight prof!

You're an indelible icon hoisted deep in our hearts. We will forever miss you.
We, at the nairaland literature and writing section will always emulate you, as we aspire to walk on the legacy you left for us.

I propose that from now henceforth, the literature and writing section of Nairaland be known as Prof. Achebe section!

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by bittyend(m): 1:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
R.I.P to the greatest Igbo son and the Muhammed Ali of all Igbo writers. Igbos will surely miss their most illustrious son.

RIP 最大的伊博语的儿子和穆罕默德·阿里的所有伊博语作家. Igbos一定会怀念他们最杰出的儿子

Adieu!
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Jenticles(f): 1:44pm On Mar 22, 2013
R.I.P our hero
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by felifeli: 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2013
General tos: RIP Man. Lastwk it was Maitama Sule(Hausa), yesterday it was Obadare( Yoruba), today Chinua Achebe (Igbo) God have mercy on Nigeria.
You mean next week it will be time for Ijaw
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nnamdini(m): 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
i never really saw my great grand father but THINGS FALL APART made me have an idea of the kind of life he led.GOODNIGHT.......ACHEBE
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by ProfessorPeter(m): 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
How i wished it was all northen leaders sponsoring boko haram. Fare well d hero. I will live 2 remember that there was a country
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by buklan4realyah(f): 1:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things is really falling apart dis dazz.. great men are going sad sad sad sad cry cry cry
help us LORD!
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by slimyem: 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:
I propose that from now henceforth, the literature and writing section of Nairaland be known as Prof. Achebe section!
You mean the literature and writing section of Mazi Omenuko land abi?
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2013
slimyem: You mean the literature and writing section of Mazi Omenuko land abi?

LMAO grin
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 22, 2013
A Legend has gone home, Rest in peace sir! sad
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by LeSulk(m): 1:49pm On Mar 22, 2013
To all ye Achebe haters:F you F you F you...whose NEXT
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Goodnight prof!

You're an indelible icon hoisted deep in our hearts. We will forever miss you.
We, at the nairaland literature and writing section will always emulate you, as we aspire to walk on the legacy you left for us.

Daydreamer cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (39) (Reply)

US Ambassador, Stuart, Speaks On Nigerian Elections 2019 / Nnamdi Kanu: I Will Hunt Ene Okon Children If They Kill One At My Parents Burial / Soldier Lay Curses On Buratai After Being Ambushed By Boko Haram (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.