Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,070 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! - Politics (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! (71204 Views)

Famous Quotes Of Prof Chinua Achebe / Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past / Chinua Achebe Is Ignorant Of The Situation In Nigeria - GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Ivynwa(f): 9:20pm On Mar 23, 2013
ivynwa:
What a time indeed! I am still mad mad angry over the way they bombed that Kano bus parks and humans and vehicles in it headed to South East, and he has to die now of all times. Na Wa o.

sweet_gala:
Southeast and Lagos. Very sure there must have been some Yoruba, Hausa,ijaw efik etc in those buses however they are all Nigerian. And we should persecute justice on their behalf as Nigerians. Igbo people can't keep kicking up ethnic dust in the faces of other Nigerians and expect silence.

Speak for yourself dude and let others speak for themselves. When christians were bombed plenty times in the past, I speak against the massacre of christians in threads here. The recent one was clearly directed at the southerners. I mean even Soyinka and others saw that clearly https://www.nairaland.com/1234292/kano-bombing-may-caused-achebes.
Are you angry that I did not include your people? People like you keep quiet in the face of this tyranny going on because none of their friends and families have been affected and when they see others react to it, they attack them maliciously. You are not feeling it like I am feeling it, if you are you will be speaking out against this wickedness. Make we dey do siddon dey look and be watching this country crumble like cookies.

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by DrMuzungu(m): 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2013
Aigbofa:

Is there a proper time for tribal nonsense?

No, obviously, but people that can't control their urge to hate anything and everything different should make efforts in times like this.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by shizzle11(m): 1:07am On Mar 24, 2013
Your life was not short-lived
Ɣ☺ΰ lived to your full potential
†ђξ world saw Ɣ☺ΰ and †ђξ world knew Ɣ☺ΰ
Your foot prints remained visible,
After †ђξ whirlwind and even after †ђξ flood
Ɣ☺ΰ stood †ђξ test of time
Ɣ☺ΰ were a colossus
An intellectual gem
And a literary icon
Ɣ☺ΰ were and will always be a mentor
to many who are inspired by your intellect.
Ɣ☺ΰ came around, and †ђξ world took notice
Your presence was globally acclaimed
Ɣ☺ΰ will always be celebrated
Ɣ☺ΰ reached a milestone many would only dream of
As Ɣ☺ΰ embark on your final journey
To †ђξ great beyond
To join your ancestors
God will continue to fight for Ɣ☺ΰ
Rest in Peace, †ђξ great one.
Adieu- Chinualumogu Albert Achebe!

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by sweetgala(m): 5:56pm On Mar 24, 2013
biolabee:
GBAM but so also were Zik and Sardauna (nationlists)...

Without a shadow of any doubt. My conviction on that is solid. The politics of the day and the Akintola incident destroyed what could have been.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by sweetgala(m): 6:05pm On Mar 24, 2013
Ivynwa:

Speak for yourself dude and let others speak for themselves. When christians were bombed plenty times in the past, I speak against the massacre of christians in threads here. The recent one was clearly directed at the southerners. I mean even Soyinka and others saw that clearly https://www.nairaland.com/1234292/kano-bombing-may-caused-achebes.
Are you angry that I did not include your people? People like you keep quiet in the face of this tyranny going on because none of their friends and families have been affected and when they see others react to it, they attack them maliciously. You are not feeling it like I am feeling it, if you are you will be speaking out against this wickedness. Make we dey do siddon dey look and be watching this country crumble like cookies.

You speak as thou you know the content of every man's heart.
I know how I feel when I hear of tragedy, of the daily bombings and terrorism carried out by BH.
I pray for that country I weep ,I yearn to be in a position to do something about it but I can't , all I can contribute is my voice with all honesty and without prejudice.

Being a keyboard warrior here on NL and inviting people to hatred and tribalism a virus eating Nigeria away from within cannot solve the problem.

You accuse me of turning the other cheek but I'm just being smart.
A wise owl says little but sees all.

Are you ignorant of the fact that there are Christian northerners and Muslim northerners who have been slaughtered by BH.

Yes the largely Igbo populated area was attacked but does that change the fact BH are a national menace. They are not a igbo only menace.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Pifa: 10:09pm On Mar 24, 2013
I can’t say I've read any of Mr. Achebe’s novels. We just weren't tuned that way when I was growing up. But I have read quite a bit about him in my adult years.

It’s heartening to see an outpouring of love and respect for him personally, and for his global achievements by his fellow litterateurs.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Ivynwa(f): 2:31am On Mar 25, 2013
sweet_gala:

You speak as thou you know the content of every man's heart.
I know how I feel when I hear of tragedy, of the daily bombings and terrorism carried out by BH.
I pray for that country I weep ,I yearn to be in a position to do something about it but I can't , all I can contribute is my voice with all honesty and without prejudice.

Being a keyboard warrior here on NL and inviting people to hatred and tribalism a virus eating Nigeria away from within cannot solve the problem.

You accuse me of turning the other cheek but I'm just being smart.
A wise owl says little but sees all.

Are you ignorant of the fact that there are Christian northerners and Muslim northerners who have been slaughtered by BH.

Yes the largely Igbo populated area was attacked but does that change the fact BH are a national menace. They are not a igbo only menace.

Somebody made a statement, you took offense that she did not include your people and went on making tribalist statements about the Igbo. You later turned around to accuse the person of tribalism. #Ridiculousness

There is no Nigerian that does not know that BH has killed Christians from other parts of the country, why do you have a problem that I mentioned the recent one that targeted South-Easterners? I guess we Igbos should be keeping mute and silent in the face of all the tyranny to make people like you happy huh. You lot are going about on threads hating on the Igbos after which you turn around, make tribal comments and attack me that I should have hanged my hand on your shoulder to condemn the ones oppressing Nigeria.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 25, 2013
RIP Professor .I read Things Fall Apart No Longer at East and Arrow of God. ..you do well Sir
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Horus(m): 12:51am On May 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttrh_tBKb_s

Prof Chinua Achebe was committed to a better Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 24, 2013
RIP literary legend!
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by disumusa: 3:45am On Aug 15, 2015
EveryLadY:
pls tell me its not true? how can this happen to us now as a nation?Last weekend it was Maitama Sule,now its our finest novelist and icon.Hope its not rumor oo!

REST IN THE BOSOM OF THE LORD,SWEET LOVEWE CHERISHED EVERY SINGLE LITERARY EFFORT U DISPENSED ON THIS EARTH.
ADIEU!
achebe,sule,oni are all heading to hell fire.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by disumusa: 3:48am On Aug 15, 2015
Wow. How can this be? sad
in write pass book, wha has he contributed to idigbo talk less of nigeria
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Ayobami7(m): 12:47pm On Apr 09, 2020
Rip

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply)

What President Buhari Did On His First Day In Aso Rock / Coronavirus: Abba Kyari’s Medical Records Obtained From UK Hospital / Why Buhari Cancelled Broadcast - Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.