Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! - Politics (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! (71285 Views)

Famous Quotes Of Prof Chinua Achebe / Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past / Chinua Achebe Is Ignorant Of The Situation In Nigeria - GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by wahihi(m): 11:52pm On Mar 22, 2013
R I P TO THE GREAT ICON THINGS HAS FALL APART
THE CENTER NO LONGER HOLD
ADIEU PROFF.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by aljharem(m): 12:02am On Mar 23, 2013
RIP Achebe.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by aljharem(m): 12:03am On Mar 23, 2013
Eko Ile:

na insult and bad luck for atiku to shower anybody with praise. nuff said
grin grin grin grin grin grin true
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by meforyou1(m): 12:03am On Mar 23, 2013
Yorubas, if not for a certain desola and her complimentary comments and the responses that I saw, I swear I would have told you all my mind since morning.
Thanks desola. For me I know how to abuse and how to praise. For now I hold my peace. Achebe, ekwensi, ola rotimi and soyinka are my favourites, with ola rotimi being the toppest.

Achebe wrote his memoir not your grand father's own
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by aljharem(m): 12:05am On Mar 23, 2013
me_for_you: Yorubas, if not for a certain desola and her complimentary comments and the responses that I saw, I swear I would have told you all my mind since morning.
Thanks desola. For me I know how to abuse and how to praise. For now I hold my peace. Achebe, ekwensi, ola rotimi and soyinka are my favourites, with ola rotimi being the toppest.

Achebe wrote his memoir not your grand father's own

speak your mind MR. I am waiting grin grin grin
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by EkoIle1: 12:06am On Mar 23, 2013
What's next with all this recycled news garbage? Aliens mourns ashebe? lmao

2 Likes

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 23, 2013
Eko Ile: What's next with all this recycled news garbage? Aliens mourns ashebe? lmao

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by alex101(m): 12:14am On Mar 23, 2013
RIP to a great literary icon cool. You lived a good life and may God grant you eternal rest,,,AMEN!

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by aljharem(m): 12:20am On Mar 23, 2013
At least you are made your impart to the world whether positive or negative. Indeed RIP
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Ivynwa(f): 12:38am On Mar 23, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Did they say that my inspiration is gone!
Ife Emeeeeeeeeee.

2 Likes

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by ifyalways(f): 12:43am On Mar 23, 2013
Adieu great man.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Ivynwa(f): 12:45am On Mar 23, 2013
How are the mighty fallen kwanu bikonu?

Jesus Christ!

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Ivynwa(f): 12:47am On Mar 23, 2013
Nwanne mmadu Anaaaa!(Our great brother is gone)
Achebe m ji eme onu Anaana!(Our great brother that I make mouth with is gone). Mmhhh
cry cry
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by cantell(m): 12:51am On Mar 23, 2013
Airforce1:

Olodo!

U still haven't answered my question madam..
Who is chinua achebe?

Can't say i blame you - your foolishness is hereditary.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Obiagu1(m): 12:53am On Mar 23, 2013
When Soyinka passes on, Nigeria will be left with no one.

Just emptiness!
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by cantell(m): 12:54am On Mar 23, 2013
jentlsoul: what does he know in the field of science and also comparative religion aspect that you saying Achebe is equal to book.
Bro, we don notice you, so park well!
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Xfactoria: 12:57am On Mar 23, 2013
What a time to die! His parting shots were embers of discord sown into the minds of Igbos. I hope he had time to repent from all the bitterness he harboured in his last days. Those are bandwagons not needed in heaven. I'm sure he knows better now.

A great writer no doubt! May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Ivynwa(f): 12:58am On Mar 23, 2013
nnenna.1:

He showcased African culture through prose at a time when it was especially hard to do so.

Inspired a generation of African writers who may not even have had cause to write if not for him. Also see African Writers Series, which helped propel and provide daily bread for other legendary writers who are respected till today.

His work was translated Into the screen, which gave birth to the careers of veteran actors such as Edochie.

He is one of the few reasons to be proud of Nigeria in international circles.

He has left a real measurable and substantive legacy in his field that is felt until today.

The same cannot be said for any Nigerian politician in the field of politics.

Do you know how long I have been longing to write a great work that will bring our (culture, village life, idioms, local lifestyle) to life because of how much he inspires me. I am Achebe's number one fan and now I have suffered a big loss. How can we say "Rippy" to Onye dika Achebe. I am not saying that, he will always live in my heart.

2 Likes

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by uceee(m): 12:59am On Mar 23, 2013
Things have fallen apart, we are no longer at ease, cos a man of the people is gone. RIP Achebe, you have lived well!!!
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by cap28: 12:59am On Mar 23, 2013
Nigeria has a lost a great literary icon may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Ivynwa(f): 1:01am On Mar 23, 2013
Obiagu1: When Soyinka passes on, Nigeria will be left with no one.

Just emptiness!

Are you telling me, now don't even mention that cause we can't handle all of that. Soyinka will live long for us, the whiteness of his gray testifies to that. Let's leave that discussion for another day cause right now it's sadidy sadidy.

Biko what did they say that happened to our Achebe?

Achebe Nwannem! Ewooooo.

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Freewilly(f): 1:05am On Mar 23, 2013
The grate Chinua Achebe even though his not with us anymore more, his name and legacy will live forever. Things fall Apart is the most famous book out of Africa will sell the most copies now that the author is gone. And it is a grate honor to be from Anambra state the same State as Professor Achebe.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Ivynwa(f): 1:06am On Mar 23, 2013
X-factoria:
What a time to die! His parting shots were embers of discord sown into the minds of Igbos. I hope he had time to repent from all the bitterness he harboured in his last days. Those are bandwagons not needed in heaven. I'm sure he knows better now.

A great writer no doubt! May his soul rest in peace.

What a time indeed! I am still mad mad angry over the way they bombed that Kano bus parks and humans and vehicles in it headed to South East, and he has to die now of all times. Na Wa o.

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 23, 2013
Bwahahahaha @the hidden posts...

Afam destroyed this thread by himself... Why suggest naming a place after a man that just died - especially a revered place by a people whose hero was singled out by this man for some unpleasant accolades?? Don't you know the Awolowo man is like Yoruba people's "Jesus" and most Yorubas(both home and abroad) especially those whose parents benefitted from his free-education kind of indoctrinated their kids from birth about Awolowo?? And they take everything about him to heart... Heck, I've been hearing about the man since I was like 5yrs old... Way to go, Afam - you need to learn how to defuse things and not exacerbate - there's a time and place for everything...

Shyte, muthaphucking Spain just made me lose a big gwop on my accumz - however, I'm laughing hysterically at the way this thread ended!!! cheesy cheesy Muthaphuck the Spanish football team!!!

Adieu Chinua Achebe!! wink
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Xfactoria: 1:09am On Mar 23, 2013
cap28: Nigeria has a lost a great literary icon may his soul rest in peace.

We actually lost him when he wrote that controversial memoir ("There was a Country" - coloured with distorted facts) that revived the healing wounds of the civil war. I mean he spent those last days sowing hatred.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Ivynwa(f): 1:12am On Mar 23, 2013
Please let's hold our heart together, don't let people that laugh in your face over our loss add more pain to your sorrows.
Keep it together, let's keep it together.

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Ivynwa(f): 1:15am On Mar 23, 2013
I can't even eat anymore, came in----ate my food half way and then saw this. It can wait another day right now. cry cry

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 1:18am On Mar 23, 2013
^^^^Why do you like preaching all the time?? No one's laughing at Igbos... I'm just laughing at how half of the thread is hidden...

Your boy Afam is to blame for that - he started everything that went wrong on this thread... undecided
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by biolabee(m): 1:20am On Mar 23, 2013
RIP Great Icon..

your books brightened my childhood

especially the one of the wife beater that was tied under the tree to let the breadfruit crush as a lesson

I remember the vanquishing of Amalinze the Cat
I remember the hunt for the source of the ogbanje in Ezinne
I remember i cried when Ikemefuna was killed and Okonkwo the man with a spring in his step had to be exiled

I remember he looked on his mother's family with disdain though they accommodated him
I remember that when a boy washes his hands, he can eat with the elders
I remember the tale of the bed that learnt to fly without landing as men have learned to shoot without missing

I remember the irreversible progress of colonialism and subsequent loss of our traditional values
I remember Okonko's first son dropping his name for Isaac
I remenber Okonkwo leaving in shame for the world he lost

Things fall apart and the centre cannot hold
Mere anarchy is loose on the land

Live forever, great pensman.. You did your part

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by biolabee(m): 1:23am On Mar 23, 2013
X-factoria:

We actually lost him when he wrote that controversial memoir ("There was a Country" - coloured with distorted facts) that revived the healing wounds of the civil war. I mean he spent those last days sowing hatred.

your opinion... i need to buy that book sef and read it

aside from free education, some roads what else did OJA and SLA really do for this country
They all had a chance to lay a good foundation and used selfishness to spoil it
Wild Wild west,penekelemes etc

Go and find out how much land was appropriated by Awoists in the western region.. you go know

Abegi this man is great and nothing can diminish that
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Ivynwa(f): 1:23am On Mar 23, 2013
I remember the vanquishing of Amalinze the Cat
I remember the hunt for the source of the ogbanje in Ezinne
I remember i cried when Ikemefuna was killed and Okonkwo the man with a spring in his step had to be exiled

I remember he looked on his mother's family with disdain though they accommodated him
I remember that when a boy washes his hands, he can eat with the elders
I remember the tale of the bird that learnt to fly without landing as men have learned to shoot without missing

I remember the irreversible progress of colonialism and subsequent loss of our traditional values
I remember Okonko's first son dropping his name for Isaac
I remenber Okonkwo leaving in shame for the world he lost

Things fall apart and the centre cannot hold
Mere anarchy is loose on the land

Live forever, great pensman.. You did your part

Who wrote that?
Do they want us to cry more reading that, it is lovely but too heart rending for this moment.
The brain that conceived all of that and brought it to life with words is no more. No more!

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by biolabee(m): 1:25am On Mar 23, 2013
Ivynwa:

Who wrote that?
Do they want us to cry more reading that, it is lovely but too heart rending for this moment.

Who wrote what. sorry i dont get ur question

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Shows Off His Cars As He Strikes A Pose / See Buhari Twitter Posts Before He Was President And Now He Is President. / Soldier Lay Curses On Buratai After Being Ambushed By Boko Haram (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.