Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! (71221 Views)

Famous Quotes Of Prof Chinua Achebe / Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past / Chinua Achebe Is Ignorant Of The Situation In Nigeria - GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Airforce1(m): 11:45am On Mar 22, 2013
Who is prof chinua achebe please?

2 Likes

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by omodapson(m): 11:45am On Mar 22, 2013
RIP Prof.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by ddeola: 11:46am On Mar 22, 2013
His works live on...
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 22, 2013
what was his impact in Nigeria? only secondary school literature student and lgbo will miss him. na only to dey yan dust from US he sabi.

He has finally falling apart.
Arrow of Gof has shot him

2 Likes

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Ishilove: 11:47am On Mar 22, 2013
rose002: Omg! cry RIP prof.by the way who is dis Prof Achebe sef dnt knw him o undecided
He was our oga at the top in the literary arts. That generation is almost gone.

If this is true, let us not mourn. Rather, let us celebrate the life of a man who used his craft to touch lives. Until the Lord comes, death remains inevitable for every man.

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Lilimax(f): 11:47am On Mar 22, 2013
Nonybb: airforce sorry are u the one with HIV treatment. How is the treatment going. Hope u are taking ur drugs well bro
The guy's problem is complicated. Not only does he have HIV but joined with KOLO MENTAL. Quite pathetic!
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Taich(m): 11:48am On Mar 22, 2013
It was a life well spent, you will always be remembered,just like Shakeshear. You told the African story so well. Adieu Baba,i hope that our nation will produce more like you. I also pray that God will give the family the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by ypzilanti: 11:48am On Mar 22, 2013
Aringarosa:

Is this post really from Iya olode Desola?

Hmmm...this 2013 is gonna be a mervelous year. The Igbos should lean from this lady, never knew something good could come from her as what concerns Igbo, talk less of Achebe.

Achebe's death is not just an Igbo concern. The black race minus Nairaland tribal warriors lost a gem. The literary and academic world lost a gem. The civil society lost a gem. He belong to the rare group of people on planet earth that you cannot buy with money.

12 Likes

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by vanbonattel: 11:50am On Mar 22, 2013
FAITHSFI: what was his impact in Nigeria? only secondary school literature student and lgbo will miss him. na only to dey yan dust from US he sabi.

He had finally falling apart.

Millions of people pass through secondary school before they go higher, are you a learner?

3 Likes

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 22, 2013
van bonattel:

Millions of people pass through secondary school before they go higher, are you a learner?

and who told all secondary school student read literature. you are a fool

2 Likes

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Soso990240(m): 11:53am On Mar 22, 2013
FAITHSFI: what was his impact in Nigeria? only secondary school literature student and lgbo will miss him. na only to dey yan dust from US he sabi.

He has finally falling apart.
yeah..and na so u go fall apart wen ur time comes..u no even knw if u will reach his age b4 ur death.

3 Likes

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nonybb: 11:53am On Mar 22, 2013
Lilimax:
The guy's problem is complicated. Not only does he have HIV but joined with KOLO MENTAL. Quite pathetic!
No! I wasnt being sarcastic. Airforce1 had long ago posted a comment here intimating us that hes HIV + and needs advice. Am serious
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 22, 2013
Nonsense as if hiding posts will stop the whole world for remembering him for being a great tribalist.

You can hide this one too and ban me.

Bullshiit.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by BlueMurder(m): 11:54am On Mar 22, 2013
Achebe stirred needless controversies with some of his last works/statements, but i, a northerner, can never get tired of reading his masterpieces like Things Fall Apart, No Longer At Ease, Anthills of The Savannah & A Man of The People.

Adieu, Master of Proverbs.

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Soso990240(m): 11:54am On Mar 22, 2013
FAITHSFI:

and who told all secondary school student read literature. you are a fool
and hw come u knw about him? U be ibo?
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Ifedikaycee(m): 11:55am On Mar 22, 2013
Ds is a very bad news 4 d whole black race,nt jst 4 igbos or Nigerians alone....ds is a man dat made d western world realise dat we africans ar not only gud as slaves/workers way bak den wen he took d world by storm wit d "greatest novel" 2 eva com out of d black race....i'm so much pained by his death bt d consolation comes by jst knowin dat he made a great impact in d whole universe and carved a niche 4 himself and also 4 d black man in d history books,may his soul rest in peace!!

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by prince13: 11:55am On Mar 22, 2013
One of the world greatest literary Icon.RIP.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Aringarosa(m): 11:55am On Mar 22, 2013
ypzilanti:

Achebe's death is not just an Igbo concern. The black race minus Nairaland tribal warriors lost a gem. The literary and academic world lost a gem. The civil society lost a gem. He belong to the rare group of people on planet earth that you cannot buy with money.

Agreed !

But if you know her antecedent concerning Igbo matters on nairaland, then you 'll have to agree with me.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Udpconcept(m): 11:55am On Mar 22, 2013
what kind of world are we living the falcon can not hear the falconer things fall apart the centre can not hold. what a big lost to the ibos and nigeria in general may his soul rest in peace
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Igwe9(m): 11:56am On Mar 22, 2013
R.I.P Prof. Achebe
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Airforce1(m): 11:56am On Mar 22, 2013
Lilimax:

U claimed to be a graduate yet u could not give an answer to my simple and innocent question..

Who is chinua achebe?

Nonybb: airforce sorry are u the one with HIV treatment. How is the treatment going. Hope u are taking ur drugs well bro

*Hisses on u in every dialect of Nigeria
Oloshi.. Oniranu
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by poshpimkiey(f): 11:56am On Mar 22, 2013
R.i.p uncle Chinua. We'll miss thee.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by daylae(m): 11:57am On Mar 22, 2013
At least he gave us all something to ponder on during his last days. . .goodnight sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (39) (Reply)

Gallant Nigerian Soldiers In A Live Gun Battle With Boko Haram Terrorists (Pics) / Nnamdi Kanu: I Will Hunt Ene Okon Children If They Kill One At My Parents Burial / APC Primary: This Is The Time To Take Revenge, Tinubu Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.