Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,605 members, 7,851,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:52 PM

Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? (20673 Views)

My Cousin Is A Torn In My Mother's Flesh. How Do I Handle It? / My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding / I Am Forced To Marry My Own Mother, What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by flames77(m): 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
xynerise:
Commot from my back. I no trust you. angry
why nw......me na Jesus pikin o.........abi hw u c am?
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by Revolva(m): 3:59pm On Mar 25, 2013
Π@$S:
We are so in love but the thought of us being related is so annoying and always create that gap between us. I'm asking to know if it is legal or should we just forget about it?
~> I DONT MIND WHAT FAMILY OR SOCIETY WILL SAY <~
You are an animal!!! If u like marry your mama join cursed generation
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by Morgan1092(m): 4:00pm On Mar 25, 2013
Re my on FP or what?
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by xynerise: 4:00pm On Mar 25, 2013
flames77: why nw......me na Jesus pikin o.........abi hw u c am?
Go sleep abeg undecided
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by jasper7(m): 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2013
In Greek, dis one na. Veni Cerci Perci. Translate in English: I Clicked, I read, Now I'm Disgusted angry
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by tlops(m): 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2013
Π@$S:
We are so in love but the thought of us being related is so annoying and always create that gap between us. I'm asking to know if it is legal or should we just forget about it?

Well, our society does not support that. However depending on your religion, it may be allowed. I know the guys forms Pakistan and Bangladesh do that, I think ( not sure) our Northern brothers practice that too. There are other reasons why it may not be permissible one being medical reasons; there is a risk of your offspring paying for your actions. I think you should forget it and look somewhere else. May God guide you.
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by ZUBY77(m): 4:03pm On Mar 25, 2013
OP let me give you small advice. This love two of you have now will eventually fade and when it does, you will recall how it all started. Nobody will ever be by your side then because almost everybody you know will object to this union. Therefore, forget about that fake love nomatter how hard. We have all been there and back again by bilbo baggins
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by cyprianlah(m): 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
it's very legal...U can even marry your mother
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by leonshom(m): 4:05pm On Mar 25, 2013
Its just a kind of Incest taboo in most societies, however, sum societies myt perceive it as Illegal. Find out in ur society if its lega or illegal, taboo or not, Mala in se or Mala in Prohibita !
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by flames77(m): 4:05pm On Mar 25, 2013
xynerise:
Go sleep abeg undecided
ok bro......u can nw do it alone.........r u happy now?
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by Kk4(m): 4:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
God forbids it. Society forbids it. Even Genes forbids it. Its just not right bro. Get ur head straight. She's probarly the only girl u'hv been with. Try dating outside your family. Lots of fresh fish out there.

1 Like

Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by Uffakowoicho(m): 4:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
There‘s a law prohibiting such marriage in nigeria. D Marriage Act,2004 sections 32 & 35 - 48 & D Matrimonial Causes Act sections 3-5. U cannot marry a person dat is related 2 u by blood(prohibited degree of consaguinity) or related 2 u by marriage(prohibited degree of affinity)
It is a ban & will only b allowed in exceptional circumstances like wen u‘ve already impregnanted her unknowingly
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by Greatken007(m): 4:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
THERE IS A WAY THAT SEEMS RIGHT UNTO A MAN BT THE END IS DISTRUCTION ....
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by gunuvi(m): 4:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
Π@$S:
Maybe I should consider the medical stuff and ask a Doctor. If the union will affect our kids. We'll try and agree with eachoda not to have kids, and just adopt.
My brother u need to visit tb joshua. Sorry, may you be healed of your ailment in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by abdulkayus(m): 4:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
If u are a muslim, it allow for u to marry ur cousin. It happen in d north very very well, bt d yoruba muslims dont do it much xcept d ilorin ppl which is being greatly reduce nowadays among ilorin too. Bt if u are a xtain, u too knw dat its nt allow.
Medically dey said, some family diseases dat suppose to be recessive will be dominant. So,.....wat did u think
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by Efikman(m): 4:21pm On Mar 25, 2013
FOR YOU TO WANT TO MARRY HER MEANS YOU MAY ALSO HAVE BEEN KNACKING HER KPOMO!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked INCE$T!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by CHIMSKY(m): 4:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
Π@$S:
Before we condemn this guy,let's find out a few things.
Is the girl u want to marry your first cousin?By this I mean is she the daughter of your Father or Mother"s brothers or sisters.
If so she is off limits.
However if she is one of those distant cousins.You know...the daughter of your father's cousin"s 3rd cousin ..wel a case can be made!
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by informatix: 4:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
is Legal in Islam.
but it's illegal for a man to marry 2first cousines.
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by Efikman(m): 4:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
Uffakowoicho: There‘s a law prohibiting such marriage in nigeria. D Marriage Act,2004 sections 32 & 35 - 48 & D Matrimonial Causes Act sections 3-5. U cannot marry a person dat is related 2 u by blood(prohibited degree of consaguinity) or related 2 u by marriage(prohibited degree of affinity)
shocked shocked shocked @The Bolded, that's a big lie cos my uncle married his sister in law as 2nd wife, who incase u don't know happend to be his wife's sister.
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by Efikman(m): 4:27pm On Mar 25, 2013
informatix: is Legal in Islam.
So in Islam, you can marry your father (or mother's ) sister or brother's child shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2013
Π@$S:
Maybe I should consider the medical stuff and ask a Doctor. If the union will affect our kids. We'll try and agree with eachoda not to have kids, and just adopt.

Dah Fck?? So many wrongs in dis:
1)Marry ur cousin.....eww! Its like marrying ur sis
2)What about ur entire family, do dey knw?
3) U aint impotent are u??, marry ur cousin, den adopt??
4)I think ur "in lust" and not "in love"...its simply perversion,..the union CAN'T work!
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2013
Efikman: So in Islam, you can marry your father (or mother's ) sister or brother's child shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yep!
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 25, 2013
Mr OP. you will certainly die before your time. U want to phuck your cousin. Dont worry by the time the society is through with you + your family you will will be seeking for suicide.

1 Like

Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by Efikman(m): 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2013
carr96:

Yep!
For my state, Crossrivers, na BIG TABOO OHH!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by devour129: 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2013
Low self esteem ! Am sure you can't find any other girl,why don't you love your sisters too ? Ike nsi
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by AnodaIT(m): 4:42pm On Mar 25, 2013
Just a societal abberation but most societal values and traditions are being wipe out so why not this one. Abraham - a friend of God - married Sarah , his cousin and he was called Father of Nations.
What are you waitng for , dont want to be a father of nations?
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by devour129: 4:43pm On Mar 25, 2013
CHIMSKY:
Before we condemn this guy,let's find out a few things.
Is the girl u want to marry your first cousin?By this I mean is she the daughter of your Father or Mother"s brothers or sisters.
If so she is off limits.
However if she is one of those distant cousins.You know...the daughter of your father's cousin"s 3rd cousin ..wel a case can be made!
and have in breed kids ? And after the baby is born throw him/ her in to dustbin ?
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by snowprince01(m): 4:45pm On Mar 25, 2013
U for marry ur brother join..out of 70 percent ladies in nigeria and billions in d world na ur cousin u wan marry. D fact b say na Bleep u won Bleep ur cousin, people do it, so if u r dat crazy just Bleep her nd leave because u knw d marriage shit won't work because u sef go tire. Or mab u r too ugly nd only ur cousin makes u feel handsome..or better still u need deliverance
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by Ahmedie25(m): 4:45pm On Mar 25, 2013
Islamically is legal,so op,if u are a muslim jst go ahead with ur marriage,there is nothing wrong in dat,jst make sure u don't intimate b4 marriage,wish u happy marriage life
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by olumidazz: 4:46pm On Mar 25, 2013
Its obvious u hv been flogging ur cuz, Na ya mama you suppose flog next since the law of affinity and consaguinity matters not to you. He goat thunder fire that your priick wey no get control.
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by dulaman: 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
Had it been u r a muslim. It is allowed. Dnt knw 4 odas sha.
Re: Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? by Multcolor: 4:48pm On Mar 25, 2013
Π@$S:
it seems devil has blinded your sense of reasoning that you refuse to heed to advice.but seriously where are from? Does your ppl marry blood relatives.?if not why bringing curse on your family .This is called evil foundation. It is not easy to deal with. Desist from it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? / Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be / Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.