Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

How To Invest Effectively! - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Invest Effectively! (18040 Views)

How/where To Invest N150,000 / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Invest Effectively! by olushowunm(m): 10:31pm On Mar 31, 2013
Any question so far for those who have read my lectures thus far
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by lazinc(m): 10:59am On Apr 02, 2013
^^ No question so far, following your lectures headon waiting for ur analysis and how you make your investment decisions based on your analysis.
Thanks
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 02, 2013
Subscribed
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by ajetii(m): 8:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
Why only you come occupy the whole website no allow another person comment naw. grin

Again, I have issue with your last name, why should I allow a bankrupts individual to give me advice on investment.? Unsubscribed....shikena!
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by olushowunm(m): 8:20pm On Apr 02, 2013
@AJEITI... ITS NOT BANKRUPTS... ITS BANCROFTS AND PLEASE DO TAKE NOTE... I'M NOT HERE TO GIVE ANY INVESTMENT ADVICE BUT TO EDUCATE YOU PEOPLE PROPERLY ABOUT HOW TO INVEST EFFECTIVELY!
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by ajetii(m): 8:30pm On Apr 02, 2013
olushowunm: @AJEITI... ITS NOT BANKRUPTS... ITS BANCROFTS AND PLEASE DO TAKE NOTE... I'M NOT HERE TO GIVE ANY INVESTMENT ADVICE BUT TO EDUCATE YOU PEOPLE PROPERLY ABOUT HOW TO INVEST EFFECTIVELY!

Ok, noted. Now that I know, I resubscribed.....fired on

However my screen name is also not AJEITI is AJETII, that make us even. Ok! grin
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by olushowunm(m): 8:31pm On Apr 02, 2013
LESSON 3 CONT.:

Intangibles

These may be defined as assets having no physical existence, yet having substantial value to the company. Examples? A franchise to a Satellite TV company like English Premiership league allowing exclusive service in certain areas, or a patent for exclusive manufacture of a specific article.

It should be noted, however, that only intangibles purchased from other companies are shown on the balance sheet.

Another intangible asset sometimes found in corporate balance sheets is goodwill, which represents the amount by which the price of acquired companies exceeds the related values of net assets acquired. Company practices vary considerably in assigning value to this asset. Accounting rules now require one firm that buys another to write off the goodwill over a period not exceeding 40 years.

10 Intangibles (goodwill, patents)less amortization N2,000

All of these items added together produce the figure listed on the balance sheet as total assets.

11 Total assets N662,000
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by olushowunm(m): 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2013
LESSON 3 CONT.:

Current Liabilities:

This item generally includes all debts that fall due within 12 months. The current assets item is a companion to current liabilities because current assets are the source from which payments are made on current debts. The relationship between the two is one of the most revealing things to be learned from the balance sheet, and I will go into that later. For now, we need to define the subgroups within current liabilities.

Accounts payable

The accounts payable item represents amounts the company owes to its regular business creditors from whom it has bought goods or services on open account or credit.

12 Accounts payable N60,000

Notes payable

If money is owed to a bank, individual, corporation, or other lender, it appears on the balance sheet under notes payable as evidence that a promissory note has been given by the borrower.

13 Notes payable N51,000
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by olushowunm(m): 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2013
LESSON 3 CONT.:

Accrued expenses

Now I have defined accounts payable as the amounts owed by the company to its regular business creditors.
The company also owes, on any given day, salaries and wages to its employees, interest on funds borrowed from banks and from bondholders, fees to attorneys, insurance premiums, pensions, and similar items. To the extent that the amounts owed and not recorded on the books are unpaid at the date of the balance sheet, these expenses are grouped as a total under accrued expenses.

14 Accrued expenses N 30,000

Income tax payable The debt due to the various taxing authorities such as the Federal Internal Revenue Service is the same as any other liability under accrued expenses. But because of the amount and the importance of the tax factor, it is generally stated separately as Income taxes payable.

15 Income taxes payable N17,000

***Please note that all stated figures are in Thousands***
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by olushowunm(m): 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2013
LESSON 3 CONT.:

Accrued expenses

Now I have defined accounts payable as the amounts owed by the company to its regular business creditors.
The company also owes, on any given day, salaries and wages to its employees, interest on funds borrowed from banks and from bondholders, fees to attorneys, insurance premiums, pensions, and similar items. To the extent that the amounts owed and not recorded on the books are unpaid at the date of the balance sheet, these expenses are grouped as a total under accrued expenses.

14 Accrued expenses N 30,000

Income tax payable The debt due to the various taxing authorities such as the Federal Internal Revenue Service is the same as any other liability under accrued expenses. But because of the amount and the importance of the tax factor, it is generally stated separately as Income taxes payable.

15 Income taxes payable N17,000

***Please note that all stated figures are in Thousands('000)***
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by olushowunm(m): 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2013
I'm tired of typing and uploading... I will continue tommorrow, just subscribed so you can read my latest updates...
I welcome any question from you from what i have written so far!
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by achu442(m): 9:04pm On Apr 02, 2013
Ok
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by Syncapos(m): 9:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
olushowunm: I'm tired of typing and uploading... I will continue tommorrow, just subscribed so you can read my latest updates...
I welcome any question from you from what i have written so far!

You are not really typing and uploading...you are COPYING AND PASTING another person's job.
Whereas all your posts can be helpful to some, I think it is wrong for you to present yourself as the original author.
It is actually called PLAGIARISM.

Does this link look familiar? [url]www.terry.uga.edu/~akefalas/courses/mirrors.htm[/url]
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by vanstanzy(m): 9:09pm On Apr 02, 2013
Another great investment opportunity and the greatest investment so far is in books,education, anything

that adds to ur intelligence. Knowledge they say is Power! cool cool cool
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by olushowunm(m): 9:30pm On Apr 02, 2013
@Syncapos... Actually the notes is not only from there, and that part is just part of my lesson..
And the link you posted is good for reference for further reading, which i will still post at the end of the lesson 3...
Thanks again for your observation!
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by johnnobles: 9:45pm On Apr 02, 2013
Thanks for this eye opening lecture. I lack step of faith to invest. Which one is adviceable for a starter to invest on
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by Mcleo007(m): 9:59pm On Apr 02, 2013
Nice
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by mich2012: 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2013
olushowunm: @Syncapos... Actually the notes is not only from there, and that part is just part of my lesson..
And the link you posted is good for reference for further reading, which i will still post at the end of the lesson 3...
Thanks again for your observation!

I agree with the gentleman above concerning the link which I know very well. You should have mentioned the link or quote the points you have taken from people's work.
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 02, 2013
Lecture series
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2013
You are just guessing from your statement.

Your best investment is in getting street wisdom...

When a certificate cannot put food on ur table(unemployment), then you realise the power of street wisdom.

Street wisdom made the likes of Bill gates, Dangote, Tuface, P square what they are.

Go locate a need to solve. Then you will be great.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Invest Effectively! by flexshop(m): 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2013
subscribing...nice piece..hope im in the front seat grin grin
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by KingPradas(m): 11:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
so many things to read.
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by Chekitaut: 11:20pm On Apr 02, 2013
Syncapos: ...

You are not really typing and uploading...you are COPYING AND PASTING another person's job.
Whereas all your posts can be helpful to some, I think it is wrong for you to present yourself as the original author.

Does this link look familiar? [url]www.terry.uga.edu/~akefalas/courses/mirrors.htm[/url]
At the end of any reading you have references, link come 1st or last make no difference. Please content matters kindly leave the messenger. we don't pay for his subscription or time so he should be encouraged some people sell information like this on Nairaland.
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by dokunbam(m): 11:34pm On Apr 02, 2013
subscribing

ladies and gentle men, am recommending this
Invest now and enjoy when you are older, when you need the money most
cos as you grow older your responsibilities and expenses grow as well
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by Chekitaut: 11:39pm On Apr 02, 2013
Only the strong mind invest in haulage...
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 03, 2013

Bursted! LOL, that was smart of you. Plagiarism is a serious offence, he hasnt given credit to the original writer so far.
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by Rooneyboy(m): 12:27am On Apr 03, 2013
okpara ugo: You are just guessing from your statement.

When a certificate cannot put food on ur table(unemployment), then you realise the power of street wisdom.

Street wisdom made the likes of Bill gates, Dangote, Tuface, P square what they are.

Nice statement .
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by omowolewa: 2:59am On Apr 03, 2013
I guess you are talking about 'talent discovery' and not just hitting the street aimlessly?

okpara ugo: You are just guessing from your statement.

Re: How To Invest Effectively! by chucky234(m): 2:59am On Apr 03, 2013
ajetii:

Ok, noted. Now that I know, I resubscribed.....fired on

However my screen name is also not AJEITI is AJETII, that make us even. Ok! grin
LWKMD @that make us even
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by chucky234(m): 3:04am On Apr 03, 2013

Its called SHYMEXXing and allowed on NL
So back off buddy
Re: How To Invest Effectively! by joe4christ(m): 8:32am On Apr 03, 2013
manie:

Please don't go there, invest your money in legitimate and visible ventures that have the ability to satisfy consumer wants.

You sure know about investment. - Wise man!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Made $15000 In Three Days trading Forex (pictured) / Oriflame Business Opportunity / Federal Government To Sell N5,000 Savings Bond To Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.