Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,464 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

How Long Should A Courtship Be: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should A Courtship Be: (1457 Views)

How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? / How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? / How Long Should A Courtship Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should A Courtship Be: by uchkochi(m): 3:50pm On Mar 29, 2008
I know someone that was in courtship for 9 full years,and just barely 3 months to the long awaited and `prepared for` wedding,the guy called off everything.The lady is still unmarried till now,48 years old,has a flourishing printing business in Lagos but UNMARRIED.What could possibly had happened,whose fault was it.Well,i am not in the business of finding who to blame but the truth is the courtship was too long.
How do u expect a marriage when virtually it was like they have been married for 9 whole years.they had done everything together.He had even known everything about her so he lacks interest in her.
I understand that the reason for long courtship most times is financial,the man want to be over ready so they keep expecting and expecting,but do u know one fact you dont fully get super prepared for marriage, even the rich experience financial challenge preparing for marriage all you need is a prepared mind and heart.Thats all that is necessary,with this in mind i strongly believe that long courtship is unnecessary at most 2 years is most suitable.
Another reason for long courtship is that the man is trying to know the woman better,Mr! what are u still trying to know if you love her you must love her fault,you just have to be compactible that is only how you can change her.We all have faults at one time or the other but the love of God helped us all whether you know it or not.If you really want to marry her,long courtship is not necessary.
Finally,if you know you wont marry her break the courtship immediately,a broken coutship is better than a broken relationship OR WHAT DO YOU THINK?/
UCHE OKOCHI(OMEGA WORLD NETWORK)
+2348052773865
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2008
It should be at most two years
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by chinda3: 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2008
It should be at most two years

i cant stay up to 2 years,wat r we waiting for anyway,we cant know everything about each other,we learn better wen we r in school(marriage),marriage is a school,we cant graduate from till death do both parties path,so lets learn each other while married,i know of a girl dat works in MTN;she dated a guy for 11 years,after sharing d cards for d wedding,d guy called it off,reasons:d girl is too sausy,how can he say d girl is sausy and he dated her and proposed to her,now after 2 years and 7 months she met another guy who's also working in MTN,she started dating d guy and after 4 months d guy proposed to her and in less than a 4months they were done wt d wedding,and they are very happy,long courtships sometimes dont end well and some do,but as for me,im not cut out for a coutship more than atleast 8 months
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by 4Him(m): 4:17pm On Mar 29, 2008
2 yrs.
1st yr - Enough time for you to date, get to know each other and decide if she's who you want to spend the rest of your life with.
2nd yr - if the answer to ur search in yr 1 is in the affirmative, at this point i'd expect you to make a firm commitment to her and prepare to marry within the next yr and half. If the answer is negative then let her go, no point wasting her time.
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 29, 2008
At chhnda. I said at most 2 years. Can be anytime from 1 mon to 2 years. Me, one year is enough
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2008
4Him:

2 years.
1st yr - Enough time for you to date, get to know each other and decide if she's who you want to spend the rest of your life with.
2nd yr - if the answer to your search in yr 1 is in the affirmative, at this point i'd expect you to make a firm commitment to her and prepare to marry within the next yr and half. If the answer is negative then let her go, no point wasting her time.
exactement!
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 29, 2008
At ibk. Omo no make me come catch u for here o. Wetin u knw abt courtship eh. Lol :-P
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by somze(f): 4:25pm On Mar 29, 2008
I'd think I'd go with Toyin on this one.

Not more than 2 years.
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2008
morenike09:

At ibk. Omo no make me come catch u for here o. Wetin u knw about courtship eh. Lol :-P
Oii! I am a matured woman, W.O.M.A.N cheesy recogniiiiisee
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2008
You berra go with my idea or no wedding o
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2008
morenike09:

You berra go with my idea or no wedding o
hehehehehe cheesy
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by somze(f): 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2008
Toyin
Oh we'll get married dear, as soon as your dad takes on that life insurance and makes you his beneficiary wink grin

Ibk
Matured woman? I see
More like matured voice, i would say wink grin grin
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by uspry1(f): 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2008
In my opinion of how long should a courtship be as follow below:

Age Group    Length Courtship        Reason for length

18-25           4 years                        Gone 4 years college/get job to set financial stability.

26-30            2 years                       start maturity/responsible/independent---quit childish acts; complete
                                                        Master/PhD degrees; quit career workalochic---need some love.

30-up            3 months-2 years         divorced, widowed, broke up first/2nd love, grown children move out,
                                                        lonely, insecure.
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by somze(f): 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2008
Wow Uspry that's pretty good research there.

Absolutely brilliant wink
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by uspry1(f): 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2008
Check out the following existing threads below:

How Long Should Courtship Last?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-921.0.html

Is 4 Years Too Long For Courtship?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-91599.0.html

Does Length of Courtship Affect Marriage?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7733.0.html

Long Courtship, Good Or Bad
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-14139.0.html
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 29, 2008
somze:

Ibk
Matured woman? I see
More like matured voice, i would say wink grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by samyyoung1(m): 4:59pm On Mar 29, 2008
A broken courtship is better than a broken relationship, FOR or AGAINST

i think this should be a gud topic of disscussion on Nairaland. Not now guys, but someday,

Nice piece@Poster cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Tell My Wife, I Dated Her Cousin Years Back? / D R E A M E R / My Girl got a girlfriend!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.