Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) (24979 Views)

Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying / Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North / Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Reference(m): 9:21am On Mar 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Sorry OP, whilst your effort is commended, but are you sure that tanker was carrying diesel? The tanker appears to be an NNPC tanker used for transporting Kerosine for sale directly to homes.

He's stealing diesel from the truck's tank to sell to the black market. This multi-million naira business is costing government and businesses dearly and helping to inflate the cost of haulage. Practically every player in the OPS is affected from Julius Berger to Dangote.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by free2ryhme: 9:25am On Mar 24, 2013
good one ghost .... I gbadun ya ghost mode grin grin
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 24, 2013
Stupid man, I assure you that he must be brought to book. Op thanks in millions fold for you are the kind of man we want in Nigeria. Please op do me a favour, take the picture to the NIgerian Police force barrack in that locality, I want both his customers to be brought to justice as well. Thanks for beign a corrupt-free Nigerian.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by mecussey(m): 9:26am On Mar 24, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

I reject that.

Me too, but we just have to pray over it, otherwise, that is exactly the track we are on now
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by ypzilanti: 9:28am On Mar 24, 2013
Pardon him, na. I'm sure when he is caught, he will be REMORSEFUL.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 24, 2013
this one na standard with tanker drivers

some will even fill the truck with dirty water afterwards
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by belloijumuralph(f): 9:31am On Mar 24, 2013
Haba!too bad uploadin d truck I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ beta off dan d plate no if na U̶̲̥̅̊ U̶̲̥̅̊'l do d worse,ciaoooo re º°˚˚°ºoo
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 24, 2013
Seems a family man is about to lose his source of providing for his family.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Jopac: 9:32am On Mar 24, 2013
All of U̶̲̥̅̊ criticizing d man ® worst dan him. Abeg make una leave am Oo°˚˚˚°. F☺я̲̣̥ dose of U̶̲̥̅̊ who said I am stupid, mind U̶̲̥̅̊ dat corruption Ȋ̝̊̅§ now a way of life I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Nigeria.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 24, 2013
We are our own problems yet we shout for change in government whilst inside us we know that we have a price how then would the change come. We criticize the government yet we wish we were there to join them how then can change come. You pay for exam runs, Admission runs and the rest, you also shout the Government is corrupt when you yourself is also corrupt.

I wont be surprised if this man is a strong critic of the government yet he is engrossed deeply into corruption. Who would ever think of selling petrol from his own truck petrol container except someone who has mastered the act of corruption and thievery.

#E Dey Pain Me Well Well

3 Likes

Is it GEJ that is behind this too?
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 24, 2013
I pray that one day Nigeria will withdraw its citizenship from people like the idiots defending this driver. You lot should all be repatriated to Mali or Somalia.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by akpomeme(m): 9:36am On Mar 24, 2013
ghost: Corruption have gone too deep, too comfortable into our Nigerian roots and fighting it has become too much a risk to take when the beneficiaries and their extended clans never want it changed.

When they don't get a job,they scream,they swear and say Nigeria is a failed state.........

When they get the small jobs, they say salary is too small and they are in constant hardship......

When they get good paying government jobs, they steal, they use false measures, they lie and become dangerously corrupt after just a few months....

Here is an NNPC driver I was opportuned to catch at Sagamu Express way, stealing the diesel in his tank provided by his employers (around 6:05pm today 23rd March, 2013) and selling it to people who are equally living on cheating people on a daily basis...

Let hope be restored to Nigeria, please Nigerians.

Note to all doubters
I was there all through, the two new 25 litres keg was his and the guys were emptying it into theirs and when they were true, he put back the kegs into that metal case which already has one side open in those pix.

You have come here to express your ignorance. Under the kero direct arrangement between capital oil and Nnpc, kerosene not diesel can be sold from tankers to buyers at N50 per liter and the beneficiaries are the common men. It is allowed. Amebo!
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Efikman(m): 9:36am On Mar 24, 2013
Na wah oooo
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Nani4all(m): 9:37am On Mar 24, 2013
ANY WHCH WAY NA WAY.....MAN MUST SURVIVE
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 24, 2013
[quote
author=Jopac]All of U̶̲̥̅̊ criticizing d man ® worst dan him. Abeg
make una leave am Oo°˚˚˚°. F☺я̲̣̥ dose of U̶̲̥̅̊ who said I am stupid,
mind U̶̲̥̅̊ dat corruption Ȋ̝̊̅§ now a way of life I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊
Nigeria.[/quote]

GEJ cannot change people like u and the man doing this evil, so let's stop blaming him for the only way he could deal with ur kind is to eliminate u but he wouldn't do that as it is not in his nature to behave like OBJ.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Arsenate(m): 9:40am On Mar 24, 2013
Jopac: All of U̶̲̥̅̊ criticizing d man ® worst dan him. Abeg make una leave am Oo°˚˚˚°. F☺я̲̣̥ dose of U̶̲̥̅̊ who said I am stupid, mind U̶̲̥̅̊ dat corruption Ȋ̝̊̅§ now a way of life I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Nigeria.
you are very dumb and you're truly one of the big problems we have in this country. You're not making sense at all. Quit commenting; you're just making a fool of yourself.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by ecosanders: 9:41am On Mar 24, 2013
The truth of d mata is dat, 80% of truck drivas sell Diesel frm their tank, because they were given an excess of like 100litres, whle at d point of collection d Oga giving d Fuel wil hav remove 20litre, and d drivas believe me were paid 20k per month, xcpt u were gven trip alawi, wic doesnt always come on time, dats y most of dem hav 2 sell fuel, n carry passengers.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by caesaraba(m): 9:41am On Mar 24, 2013
The people supporting any corrupt act even one as 'small' as this should be lined up, marched straight into a chamber, and gassed!
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by COOLDUN: 9:41am On Mar 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Sorry OP, whilst your effort is commended, but are you sure that tanker was carrying diesel? The tanker appears to be an NNPC tanker used for transporting Kerosine for sale directly to homes.

You might be right dear, but lets wait for the responsible authority to carry out their thoroughly investigation first, but till then i commend the moderator for the work well done.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 24, 2013
akpomeme:

You have come here to express your ignorance. Under the kero direct arrangement between capital oil and Nnpc, kerosene not diesel can be sold from tankers to buyers at N50 per liter and the beneficiaries are the common men. It is allowed. Amebo!

the truck driver is being paid to deliver the product to a location.

the product has already been paid for in full by a station dealer

the only way the dealer will recover the shortfall is by jiggering the station dispensing pumps so that they undermeasure

that is the outcome of what you're celebrating.

i have seen instances in which these truck drivers have sold off almost a full compartment of product and replaced with dirty water. this contaminated product is then delivered to a site with expensive generators which go kaput.

the really disgusting thing is the way the same people who scream about corruption are making excuses for theft

the driver is a paid worker, and he is making more than enough on his journey

this is nothing more than greed

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by obo389(m): 9:49am On Mar 24, 2013
ifyalways: Good work,OP.
It seems like he's selling from his own tank though.

undecided
Yes ur ryt.compared to wht is applicable whn u com2warri,dis is a tip of the iceberg&child‘s play.
Bunkering is a way of life here in warri mostly whn loadn of trucks is ongoing in PPMC DEPOT.u see security personnels guarding&most tyms watchn thm&yet,notn is done abt it.live bunkering beside refinary sef!
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Majorola(m): 9:51am On Mar 24, 2013
[quote author=Kaxmytex]Diz iz bad..PLS live d poor man along. what happen to d 1st lady dat spend 500M on thanksgiving.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by misterh(m): 9:52am On Mar 24, 2013
baruten67: I don't think you have something doing for been a national security most you snap the plate N0? check yourself before checking someone everybody is corrupt on there on unique way in Nigeria Idiot go and snap those once stealing with pen in the office na, find sth doing enemy of
progress.
It is this kinda mindset that has plagued our development. Instead of collectively correcting the offender, some people still find excuses for him. If a fire outbreak had occurred there, you will be the first person to rush to click your reply button to blame the government. Is this part of the agreement he signed with NNPC? Some people's thoughts make you wonder if Nigeria can develop!
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Jakumo(m): 10:04am On Mar 24, 2013
The practice of Nigerian tanker drivers liberating a few hundred liters of fuel from their own vehicle is a time-honored tradition that is well known to both the suppliers and customers of bulk petroleum products. The average amount stolen in this manner is between 200 and 400 liters per trip.

It is with full understanding and acceptance of this tradition that bulk fuel customers ALWAYS measure the amount of fuel deposited in their underground tanks by the delivery truck, so that payment is made ONLY for the ACTUAL amount of fuel delivered, with no feelings hurt on either side.

The winners in this deal are of course the tanker drivers, who generally blame measurement dip-sticks used by the customers, or (imaginary) leakage from the vehicle itself. The gentlemen shown in the above picture will NOT be sacked by their boss, who is well aware that this road-side tax collection MODALITY is the norm.

Have a nice Sunday, y'all.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 24, 2013
Jakumo: The practice of Nigerian tanker drivers liberating a few hundred liters of fuel from their own vehicle is a time-honored tradition that is well known to both the suppliers and customers of bulk petroleum products. The average amount stolen in this manner is between 200 and 400 liters per trip.

It is with full understanding and acceptance of this tradition that bulk fuel customers ALWAYS measure the amount of fuel deposited in their underground tanks by the delivery truck, so that payment is made ONLY for the ACTUAL amount of fuel delivered, with no feelings hurt on either side.

The winners in this deal are of course the tanker drivers, who generally blame measurement dip-sticks used by the customers, or (imaginary) leakage from the vehicle itself. The gentlemen shown in the above picture will NOT be sacked by their boss, who is well aware that this road-side tax collection MODALITY is the norm.

Have a nice Sunday, y'all.

Nigeria! A place where the citizens are worse than those ruling them.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by andyzoga: 10:08am On Mar 24, 2013
akpomeme:

Pls,expartiate further on this because I don't think under ur said arrangement d driver permitted to transact anything(either buying or selling) along the road as shown in dis picture. I need more explanation please.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by YoshiMaster: 10:11am On Mar 24, 2013
oyb: this one na standard with tanker drivers

some will even fill the truck with dirty water afterwards

Dude, please tell me you're joking. No way they would mix water with the fuel/diesel, is that an exaggeration?
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by idupaul: 10:13am On Mar 24, 2013
Jopac: Op y U̶̲̥̅̊ come put d plate number Ω̴̩̩̩̥α? Abi U̶̲̥̅̊ no no say Ω̴̩̩̩̥α where person dey work him dey chop. Do U̶̲̥̅̊ want d man 2 b sacked. Dose politicians O̶̲̥̅Ϟ top ® worst dan him, mayb dat Ȋ̝̊̅§ d only way he makes more money 2 take care of his family. Pls let's b considerate atimes a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ mind wat we post.

U need to also be sacked where ever U work , because U are criminal
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by caesaraba(m): 10:15am On Mar 24, 2013
idupaul:

U need to also be sacked where ever U work , because U are criminal

A bloody one at that!
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 24, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Dude, please tell me you're joking. No way they would mix water with the fuel/diesel, is that an exaggeration?

I work in downstream

tankers are measured at the depot on departure and measured at site on arrival. They fill with water to hide the shortfall from the customer.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by andyzoga: 10:18am On Mar 24, 2013
jhydebaba: Wetin concern me for this matter I dey church dey listen to sermon joor. Sorry pastor repeat that last sentence.
"let he who has no sin be the first to cast stone"

Are U̶̲̥̅̊ sure U̶̲̥̅̊'re not being taught how to be corrupt n later get a presidential pardon where you are?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District / Amotekun: Don’t Betray South-west, Ooni Tells Personnel / Subsidy Removal: Residents Resort To Using Ox-Drawn Carts In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.