Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,471 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) (24976 Views)

Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying / Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North / Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Jakumo(m): 10:19am On Mar 24, 2013
oyb:

I work in downstream

tankers are measured at the depot on departure and measured at site on arrival. They fill with water to hide the shortfall from the customer.

You right about that. The water sinks to the bottom of the tanker truck, and then to the bottom of the customer's storage tank, only to be discovered when the fuel is exhausted again.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Chamber10(m): 10:26am On Mar 24, 2013
Jopac: Op y U̶̲̥̅̊ come put d plate number Ω̴̩̩̩̥α? Abi U̶̲̥̅̊ no no say Ω̴̩̩̩̥α where person dey work him dey chop. Do U̶̲̥̅̊ want d man 2 b sacked. Dose politicians O̶̲̥̅Ϟ top ® worst dan him, mayb dat Ȋ̝̊̅§ d only way he makes more money 2 take care of his family. Pls let's b considerate atimes a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ mind wat we post.

DId you actually post this comment? Let me take it that you were drunk when you posted it. If not I pity ur generation and ur children. #corruption runs in ur blood# ole
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by YoshiMaster: 10:27am On Mar 24, 2013
oyb:

I work in downstream

tankers are measured at the depot on departure and measured at site on arrival. They fill with water to hide the shortfall from the customer.

Oh wow!

Don't they stop to think of the damage that might do to the end user, that is just sad.

I guess our people are that hungry.

We need to raise the standard of living in this country once and for all, and continue fighting corruption.

What would I hear next, water in champagne?
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 24, 2013
I can't stop laughing at d pics.
The way Naija is going with social media...
I've just been thinking, can social media fix naija's corruption?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Diamond90: 10:33am On Mar 24, 2013
O p good work, that what those truck drivers normally does even those that work with NB(Nigeria Bewries) does the same thing.[/color]O p good work, that what those truck drivers normally does even those that work with NB(Nigeria Bewries) does the same thing.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 24, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Oh wow!

Don't they stop to think of the damage that might do to the end user, that is just sad.

I guess our people are that hungry.

We need to raise the standard of living in this country once and for all, and continue fighting corruption.

What would I hear next, water in champagne?

it is not hunger, it is greed ad irresponsibility

truck drivers get paid well

90% of the corruption in this country has nothing to do with poverty

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by YoshiMaster: 10:38am On Mar 24, 2013
mercylicious: I can't stop laughing at d pics.

I believe it can, the OP has gotten us talking right?

Next we need a video of police extortion to be put on youtube.

Now imagine if we have a bunch of videos on youtube titled "Nigeria Police Collecting Bribe at Checkpoint" for the whole world to see, then whoever is in charge would sit up.

In other countries, a check point is taken DEAD SERIOUS, because for there to be a checkpoint, more than likely something serious has happened, but in Nigeria, we all know what checkpoints stand for.

Its like crying wolf all the time, and when the real wolf comes, no one believes you. The Nigerian Police has bastardized the idea of a checkpoint, and when ever there comes a time when their bosses need the citizens to take checkpoints seriously, the citizens might not be easily reoriented because they always see checkpoints at collection points.

So yeah, social media will be a powerful weapon given to us to defeat corruption in any way we can, but for now,

Someone please expose checkpoints, we need video not picture. I myself might invest in a spy pen, only cost bout $50.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by hypergig(m): 10:40am On Mar 24, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
saint22: He's not selling frm the consignment but frm his daily ration.the ration is for a to & fro journey.when u're given allowances say transport for a journey,it's not d exact amt that's been given & no oga at d top will ask 20 or 50 naira balance.bad op

The lad is selling from his to nd fro ration of diesel,so there's no big deal in it as long as he delivers the main content to the prescribed destination..
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Yazmin: 10:42am On Mar 24, 2013
Jopac: Op y U̶̲̥̅̊ come put d plate number Ω̴̩̩̩̥α? Abi U̶̲̥̅̊ no no say Ω̴̩̩̩̥α where person dey work him dey chop. Do U̶̲̥̅̊ want d man 2 b sacked. Dose politicians O̶̲̥̅Ϟ top ® worst dan him, mayb dat Ȋ̝̊̅§ d only way he makes more money 2 take care of his family. Pls let's b considerate atimes a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ mind wat we post.

Jopac abi na tupac, its d type of u dat would condone little stealing and would become cancerous in the long run. If this guy is put @ the top he'd do worse than dis....
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 24, 2013
hyper gig: [color=#990000][/color]

The lad is selling from his to nd fro ration of diesel,so there's no big deal in it as long as he delivers the main content to the prescribed destination..

there is no such thing as to and fro ration of diesel

the man is paid fro the trip

1 Like

Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 24, 2013
[url][/url][color=#990000][/color]

you are a BIG FOOL. Shame on you, u are not fit to leave in a sane society.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Reference(m): 10:47am On Mar 24, 2013
saint22: He's not selling frm the consignment but frm his daily ration.the ration is for a to & fro journey.when u're given allowances say transport for a journey,it's not d exact amt that's been given & no oga at d top will ask 20 or 50 naira balance.bad op

You're trying to scale corruption. The small ones don't matter only blockbusters.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by YoshiMaster: 10:50am On Mar 24, 2013
oyb:

it is not hunger, it is greed ad irresponsibility

truck drivers get paid well

90% of the corruption in this country has nothing to do with poverty

I agree with you, I guess what I am trying to point out is maybe the differences in CORRUPT actions taken by the wealthy and the not so wealthy.

Like what you just said about people mixing water with fuel. I just don't want to believe that action was caused by greed alone, I mean greed to the rich might be to add and extra 5-30% on a contract, or not even do it at all, but for a guy to mix water and fuel to be used in peoples cars, that one is quite deep.

Now on some level it really shouldn't matter as corruption is corruption, but we should at least address the fact that few humans on this God's earth can survive on N18,000 per month while feeding, and transporting themselves to and from work, let alone figuring out how to shoulder responsibilities beyond himself, without resorting so something else. I want to plug that hole at least, so that really there would be no excuse to be corrupt.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Ogojohn(m): 10:56am On Mar 24, 2013
bankyblue: Guys, b4 we start pass judgment on that guy, that tanker looks
Like the one capital oil used in selling mobile kero Oº°˚ ˚°º
But if not, hmmmm! That man is in sh*t.
Nice work there.....GHOST. U should be reporting live for channels TV Oº°˚ ˚°º ,
You are on point. That is capital oil dispensing truck .
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Reference(m): 10:56am On Mar 24, 2013
pappilo: OP na oversabi

I believe Truck drivers are responsible for fuelling their own trucks just like commercial vehicle drivers.

All I can see this guy doing is selling a commodity he has excess of, to people in an area where there is scarcity.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Infact the driver must be commended for being business savvy rather than an all out thief who would sell the kerosine he has been asked to deliver and mix the rest with water.

Direct your investigstions to the real thieves siphoning millions of dollars from the Nigerian treasury on a daily basis.

Oga, have you ever seen a commercial bus drive stop on the road to sell the fuel he bought. Tell the truth and shun corruption. People don't steal what belongs to them, they steal what doesn't belong to them. If it was his money he will have bought what he needed and if it was legit he will off-load it in his office not on the road side to fuel rats.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by caesaraba(m): 11:00am On Mar 24, 2013
Reference:

Oga, have you ever seen a commercial bus drive stop on the road to sell the fuel he bought. Tell the truth and shun corruption. People don't steal what belongs to them, they steal what doesn't belong to them. If it was his money he will have bought what he needed and if it was legit he will off-load it in his office not on the road side to fuel rats.

U get sense!
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Reference(m): 11:04am On Mar 24, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
Wow, this shit Kray!

Corruption is everywhere, quick story:

My uncle owns a sand truck for business, and always gives the drivers money to buy diesel for it, but alas one day his good friend in one of the filling stations told him some news.

His friend at the filling station had told him that his drivers came over to buy diesel and offered to square the guys something to forge a receipt i.e they maybe would get 8K for diesel, buy 5, square the guy selling 500, and in turn the guy selling would issue receipt of 8k, aint that shit Kray? Imagine if they didn't happen to go to this station this time.

Now my concerned uncle had to install trackers and camera in his truck, lol.

@OP Thanks for posting this, if the guy really is stealing company fuel, then I am sure he is taking advantage of the inaccuracies in the tanks measuring system (+/- couple litres), so it may be undetectable to his employers to a certain extent.

Anywho, who is really gonna check this guy, is it Police?

Mhahahahaha!! Evil Laugh! (laughing because I recently went to a naija police station and saw chickens fighting, heya!!).

So how do we really solve the corruption problem, I say it starts from a complete overhaul of Police, as in building 21st century Police academies, increasing their salaries to at least 200k/month, equipping them with fairly sophisticated gadgets like police cars with cams and mics, functioning walkies, coordinated response drills, and please have a FREAKING POLICE NUMBER ON ALL CARs, so concerned citizens are never in doubt of what the correct police number is, as it would constantly be staring you in the face everytime a cop car drives by.

You said corruption everywhere but then recommended the police. Is that not a paradox. Can the police be everywhere? How many policemen will you need to stand on every street, every filling station and in every office, how many. And if graft is everywhere, in the police nko. Who will police the police.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Finestlex(m): 11:15am On Mar 24, 2013
smartchoice: FRONTPAGE PLEASE
. Where person dey work, na there him dey shop(chop)
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Reference(m): 11:17am On Mar 24, 2013
Jakumo: The practice of Nigerian tanker drivers liberating a few hundred liters of fuel from their own vehicle is a time-honored tradition that is well known to both the suppliers and customers of bulk petroleum products. The average amount stolen in this manner is between 200 and 400 liters per trip.

It is with full understanding and acceptance of this tradition that bulk fuel customers ALWAYS measure the amount of fuel deposited in their underground tanks by the delivery truck, so that payment is made ONLY for the ACTUAL amount of fuel delivered, with no feelings hurt on either side.

The winners in this deal are of course the tanker drivers, who generally blame measurement dip-sticks used by the customers, or (imaginary) leakage from the vehicle itself. The gentlemen shown in the above picture will NOT be sacked by their boss, who is well aware that this road-side tax collection MODALITY is the norm.

Have a nice Sunday, y'all.

And its a time honoured tradition to collect salary cheques and fix same while teachers et al rant and rage. Seen that since my primary school. And its a time honoured tradition to 'chop' pension money while pensionaires drop dead one by one. Infact the current Eze and custodian of the traditional stool Alhaji Maina can't understand what all the fuss is about.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by kolajoo(m): 11:19am On Mar 24, 2013
Na where person they work he dey chop, and that is why it called workchop. grin @OP. Must you snap the plate number?. You better find a real job.USELESS FELLOW sad
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Reference(m): 11:22am On Mar 24, 2013
mercylicious: I can't stop laughing at d pics.

Social media is just a tool. It is the attitude to these matters that count. Some just take a look shrug their shoulders and burp.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by YoshiMaster: 11:33am On Mar 24, 2013
Reference:

You said corruption everywhere but then recommended the police. Is that not a paradox. Can the police be everywhere? How many policemen will you need to stand on every street, every filling station and in every office, how many. And if graft is everywhere, in the police nko. Who will police the police.

I said I would start with the Police.

Metaphorically speaking, one would say we need to POLICE the situation of Corruption right?

Literally, I am simply recommending that we strengthen the police force, at least to the point were you and I would be able to report whatever grievances we may have with each other when we feel wronged, or cheated and have the matter taken seriously.

Now by strengthening, I really mean a complete overhaul from 19TH century to 21st century police. If you noticed I said we should increase their salaries, and have new academies, thereby reducing police corruption and preventing unsatisfactory persons from entering the force.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by informatix: 12:20pm On Mar 24, 2013
This is Bad and an economy sabotage but This might a political campaign against the Anambra Governor to be Ifeanyi Uba. Selling fuel by road side is a daily occurance but selling NNPC/CAPITAL OIL kerosine is a Sin masses will never forgive. Driver should be held solely responsible NOT chairman Capital oil.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by mkoabiola: 1:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
Wen d oga@d top are rotten and spoilt ,wat do u xpect d servant@d down to do?
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Lerin(f): 1:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
Hey, it is obvious you are into this kind of life. I pity your employer, let's call a spade aspade, the guy is a disgrace even to his family. I would have called his office directlt if I have their line.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Valto(m): 1:31pm On Mar 24, 2013
there is nothing bad. this NNPC/CAPITAL OIL direct KERO retail scheme. its been sold from tanker straight to local consumers.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by linearity: 1:41pm On Mar 24, 2013
bankyblue: Guys, b4 we start pass judgment on that guy, that tanker looks
Like the one capital oil used in selling mobile kero Oº°˚ ˚°º
But if not, hmmmm! That man is in sh*t.
Nice work there.....GHOST. U should be reporting live for channels TV Oº°˚ ˚°º ,

Even if that is the case, it is wrong...note that he is selling the diesel from his engine tank(from where his tanker gets diesel to operate). It is like a company driver, selling fuel on the road side from his company fuel tank.

It appear that the tanker itself is used to carry commercial kerosine.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by BUSHMAN1: 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked nigerians will never learn, this is dangerous
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by InvertedHammer: 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2013
This is nothing new. Capital Oil and Gas started mobile dispensing unit about 2 years ago
at the height of fuel/kerosene scarcity. This is one of the trucks.

Do you really believe that sinister deals would have been done in the open like this?
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2013
ARE YOU A LEARNER?
InvertedHammer: This is nothing new. Capital Oil and Gas started mobile dispensing unit about 2 years ago
at the height of fuel/kerosene scarcity. This is one of the trucks.

Do you really believe that sinister deals would have been done in the open like this?
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by rhozay96(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2013
ghost: @Omo Tier1
I was actually there when he packed, he sold two full 25 liters keg to those guys and kept measuring the remaining diesel in his tank with one long stick, probably to check if that would get him safely to his destination.

Even the guys wanted him to draw more for them, but he convinced them he cant by taking them to his tank and the three of them measured the remaining diesel before the guys settled just for the 2 kegs.

He promised them to bring more on his way back in another few days time (couldn't hear the specified date he mentioned)
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by InvertedHammer: 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
Nigeria: NNPC - Capital Oil Kero-Direct Scheme - What Went Wrong?
29 November 2011

Household kerosene has been scarce since the beginning of this year and where the product is available; it is priced out of reach of low income households. Indication that the situation may even worsen this forthcoming yuletide emerged at the weekend as a litre of the product is now sold at N160 at the filling stations. This has called to question as to what has become of the recently launched NNPC-Capital Oil Kero-Direct Scheme (KDS), writes Chika Amanze-Nwachuku

The Kero-Direct Scheme was initiated by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) in conjunction with Capital Oil and Gas, a leading indigenous player in the downstream petroleum industry. The scheme was designed to supply kerosene directly to Nigerian households through the use of ultra modern mobile fuel dispensing trucks owned by Capital Oil and Gas.

It had been envisaged that the KDS would provide lasting solution to the lingering kerosene scarcity as well as the challenge in its distribution to homes in Nigeria.

At the flag-off of the pilot scheme on July 16, Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division at the NNPC, Dr Levi Ajuonuma, had stated that the exercise, which commenced in the Lagos area, would be extended to other states of the federation.

According to him, the initiative was borne out of the NNPC's determination to ensure that kerosene gets to end users at the right time and at the correct price of N50 per litre.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Executive Alone Can’t Enjoy Immunity – Saraki / Woman And Her Child Survive Herdsmen Attack After Family Was Killed.Graphic Pics / Pictures From AGP Osinbajo's Welcome In Enugu Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.