Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal (22668 Views)

Oboabona Denies Receiving Arsenal Invitation For A Trial / Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request / Governor Mimiko Honours Godfrey Oboabona For Afcon Win With House And Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by myOGAonTOP: 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: this ya name resemble goat @ the top. Which is better than the popular oga @ the top.

even dudes without names are pointing out other folks out. John doe el Estupidio idiota!

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Forzap: 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2013
kaorama: That is in fulfillment of one of GEJ's promises which is to empower the younger generation to fulfill their goals by giving them the opportunity to express themselves. Under this govt, the country will acheive a lot in sports. Thanks folks and dont just talk blindly

pls LIKE,if u are in support dat dis dude need deliverance

16 Likes

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2013
julioralph: Nice news.
But i have a feeling that 'baba ijebu' wenger will ruin everything by offering peanuts for him.
and sell him for a fortune when he is nearing retirement age grin grin grin that wenger is just an ibo dude
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by beeboy09(m): 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2013
ebamma: If we sign dis guy he will be a great backup in case koscielny or vermalaen is injured, and at 1million pounds i think wenger will love it
Who are the "we" ? Na u get arsenal?

5 Likes

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by youngdady: 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2013
I pray he makes it, he deserves it.
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by AZeD1(m): 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2013
As an Arsenal fan and a Wenger hater, financially this will be a good move for the guy, professionally it will be terrible. Wenger is an olodo when it comes to defence.
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Digriz(m): 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2013
?
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by sample042(m): 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2013
Good for him!
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by theOGAatTHEtop: 4:37pm On Mar 24, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: this ya name resemble goat @ the top. Which is better than the popular oga @ the top.
who is this certified failure?
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by airmark(m): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2013
HAH: One million pounds, sunshine go hammer be dat o this money fit reach the entire teams budget for the year.

The boys is good. Wish him luck though I cannot vouch for his age cos I know Omeruo who claims to be 19 graduated from GSS gwarinpa in 2005 which made his age. 12 in his SS3

Keep doing calculations on his actual age. Has your dishing out this information made you richer than him?

2 Likes

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Parnassuss(m): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2013
Table Leg :
Good luck dude

I swear I nearly rejected this prayer on his behalf at first glance, but God sabi English pass me.
@OP, I pray fervently that he, Omerue, Onazi, Mba, Musa and Emenike break into top European teams, preferably English teams cos I'd like to have eyes on them constantly.
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by theOGAatTHEtop: 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2013
myOGAonTOP:
hey! There's only one #OATT on this site o. I don warn you o.

Dazz all....
ok. I don hear
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Digriz(m): 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2013
aminho:

Arsene Wenger is constantly on the lookout for young talent to embed into his squad and the Arsenal manager might have found a fairly decent defender in Godfrey Oboabona, the Nigerian centre-back who was an ever-present during the Nation’s triumphant African Cup of Nations run. The 22 year old defender currently plies his trade in the Nigerian Premier League with the Sunshine Stars and unsurprisingly will be put through the paces as part of trial before possibly making the jump to English football.

The Sun report that Oboabona, who has a year left in his contract with Sunshine, will cost the Gunners around £1m if they decide to keep him after the trial. The player has endeared himself to the Arsenal faithful already by stating that the North-London is close to his heart: “Arsenal are my favourite club from childhood. It is the club I want to play for.”

Wenger is on the lookout for a new central defender in the summer as he has grown fed up with the constant mistakes committed by Per Mertesacker and Thomas Vemaelen but Oboabona is by no means the solution for the immediate problem.

Wenger will probably be bringing in another 1 or 2 players in the summer, while Oboabona will potentially be groomed for a place in the Arsenal first team by getting a run out in League Cup games should Arsenal be sufficiently impressed by his performances.mramshi

http://www.thesportscampus.com/2013032428917/transfer-news/wenger-brings-in-nigerian-defender-on-trial
Usual lies,a chelsea fan wl admit that swansea is his dream club if they come calling.

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by slimfit1(m): 4:43pm On Mar 24, 2013
Good for him
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by TableLeg(m): 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2013
ebamma: If we sign dis guy he will be a great backup in case koscielny or vermalaen is injured, and at 1million pounds i think wenger will love it
What is the crap you typed above?
Do you know anything at all?
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Shodiq2014: 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2013
He should go
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by HAH: 4:50pm On Mar 24, 2013
airmark:

Keep doing calculations on his actual age. Has your dishing out this information made you richer than him?

, Boy not anyone that comes to NL is a pauper.

I know this boy and I wish him well,but age cheating is a problem in Nigerian football

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by SimplySEA(m): 4:51pm On Mar 24, 2013
oloriooko: wrong move for this guy, of all teams in EPL, he's trying out Arsenal that does not have the bite for winning and wenger will make sure he's paid peanuts.

the only advantage he has is that his professional carrier will jump on the fast lane of develoment.
his professional career would jump on d fast lane of development, and u tink it's a wrong move? I kno ur type....! I jus pray u're not caught before u change.
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by An0nimus: 4:54pm On Mar 24, 2013
HAH: One million pounds, sunshine go hammer be dat o this money fit reach the entire teams budget for the year.

The boys is good. Wish him luck though I cannot vouch for his age cos I know Omeruo who claims to be 19 graduated from GSS gwarinpa in 2005 which made his age. 12 in his SS3
must you tell the whole world? like you may not do worse..sheeesh. Its no big news again that theres a 'football' age

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by joseph1013: 5:02pm On Mar 24, 2013
While this is goodnews to some I consider it an INSULT that a Nigerian International (and an African Champion for that matter) would be offered a TRIAL. Did the nations cup not garner enough coverage for Wenger to see his performance. Can he offer a trial to a French International or Belgian International. Make Wenger park well jor. Offer him a contract straightaway abeg and stop ridiculing our national team.

3 Likes

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by ZUBY77(m): 5:03pm On Mar 24, 2013
If he signs, they should either play him or loan him out like Omeruo. Let wenger not kill him for us, he has already killed many arsenal fans in naija
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by bornosheikh: 5:05pm On Mar 24, 2013
'Arsenal are my favourite club from childhood. It is the club I want to play for.”

Until Chelsea make a bid...then tori don change...
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by defashan: 5:07pm On Mar 24, 2013
ItsModella:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

gbagaun!!!

A**ehole...miss tinted licence..He is not going to bbc,cambridge or oxford to teach english language.he would be going to emirates to play football.
monkeys like you think you know it all.

Eternal spinster..de there de shout gbaguan,even with his nigeria league wages,ugly ape like you will still fall yakata for him.

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by mozyez(m): 5:14pm On Mar 24, 2013
Best of luck brother!!! U wld make
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Slankey: 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2013
Shooting Stars vs Lobi Stars is going on now.. Join the thread
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:35pm On Mar 24, 2013
myOGAonTOP:

even dudes without names are pointing out other folks out. John doe el Estupidio idiota!
pack well else u ll get ur fingers burnt.
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Baroque(f): 5:36pm On Mar 24, 2013
cry sad
defashan:

A**ehole...miss tinted licence..He is not going to bbc,cambridge or oxford to teach english language.he would be going to emirates to play football.
monkeys like you think you know it all.

Eternal spinster..de there de shout *gbaguan*,even with his nigeria league wages,ugly ape like you will still fall yakata for him.
bros" Easy Nah...d babe wan make mockery of d guy bt ended herself up as an object of carricature.

3 Likes

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:40pm On Mar 24, 2013
theOGAatTHEtop:
who is this certified failure?
sorry. Didn't knw u r a madman. Tell ur Oga abi @ d top 2 take u 2 a Psychiatric Hospital.
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Kaxmytex(m): 5:42pm On Mar 24, 2013
Chai.....hw i wish diz guy plays 4 chelsea...
Anyway,arsenal iz a good team,i wish him best of luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Plusvalenza: Juve Jumps To 3rd As Court Temporarily Suspends 15-points Deduction / Diego Maradona: "Jose Mourinho Best Football Manager In The World" / Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.