Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal (22669 Views)

Oboabona Denies Receiving Arsenal Invitation For A Trial / Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request / Governor Mimiko Honours Godfrey Oboabona For Afcon Win With House And Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by rusher14: 12:04am On Mar 25, 2013
joseph1013:

I will refrain from callin you dumb cos I'll be doing disservice to the word. So iran and Nigeria are mates? What football pedigree does Iran have compared to Nigeria? Are you sane? Are you sure you're not one of those Kenyans beefing Nigeria? Or maybe a Ghanian?
Are you saying that Ibra and Yaya went on trial at Arsenal after excelling at euro championship and afcon respectively? Was Tevez an Argentine regular when he went to West Ham? Did he OFFICIALLY go there for trials. It shows you know nothing about football.

Let Wenger not sign him now, and you'll see how clubs will be jostling for him after confederations' cup and world cup (cos we'll qualify).

Baffles me how some Nigerians belittle themselves. What is wrong in signin him straightaway for 1million euros? Is 1million euro a big gamble for a Nigerian super regular (one of the only two players to play all minutes of the matches at afcon)? A super regular in other countries is worth ten times that amount.

Im not surprised sha. I see all manner of kids on nairaland these days.

Well, recruitment follows different protocols.

Oboabona is rated by Wenger, hence the trial.

A trial doesn't mean he has been hired.

But scouts do not see him in action week in week out because of the logistics of doing so.

Loads of players even internationals have been to Arsenal and many European clubs for trials some have made it others haven't.

The one thing you can never accuse Wenger of is racism.

The boy is being given the time of his life now, the least you can do is be happy for him.
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Venchy: 12:16am On Mar 25, 2013
We are waiting for him at North London, the ideal place for young stars to blossom.

lets wait to see.

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Nobody: 2:39am On Mar 25, 2013
ItsModella:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

gbagaun!!!

Your meddlesomeness still irks me.... it's not as if you speak Dictionary standard English!

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by ddeola: 5:32am On Mar 25, 2013
I wish the young man all d best in his career aspirations. We need more of this because a lot of talents are wasting away in this our local league
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by QMark: 8:47am On Mar 25, 2013
aminho: The player has endeared himself to the Arsenal faithful already by stating that the North-London is close to his heart: “Arsenal are my favourite club from childhood. It is the club I want to play for.”

ItsModella:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

gbagaun!!!

If you think that was wrong, then I wonder what school you attended.

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by alajor(m): 9:33am On Mar 25, 2013
Gud one for oboabona. Gud luck bro

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by 24and6are12: 11:22am On Mar 25, 2013
Good 4 the guy.But na wa 4 this A.Wenger of a man. Is he an Ibgo man or an Ijebu man? Immagin, Only one million pounds.
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by destin200: 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2013
We need him at arsenal
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by basseyubong(m): 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
Good one for the guy and the game shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by misterseed(m): 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
this is a great piece of post. as a gunner, i really hope that he makes it.
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by doyinmolah: 4:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
oloriooko: wrong move for this guy, of all teams in EPL, he's trying out Arsenal that does not have the bite for winning and wenger will make sure he's paid peanuts.

the only advantage he has is that his professional carrier will jump on the fast lane of develoment.
oloriooko: wrong move for this guy, of all teams in EPL, he's trying out Arsenal that does not have the bite for winning and wenger will make sure he's paid peanuts.

the only advantage he has is that his professional carrier will jump on the fast lane of develoment.

Mr odensin, which one better arsenal or sunshine stars, if na u even if dem no win trophy for 100 years, wont u go to arsenal or arsenal no better nigerian league as a whole
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by RSA(m): 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2013
Watching the under 17 future championship in South Africa,there's a Nigerian team called Bridge Fc playing Atletico Mineiro from Brasil.This is the first time I see proper 17 years olds from Nigeria.
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by joseph1013: 11:17am On Mar 26, 2013
rusher14:

Well, recruitment follows different protocols.

Oboabona is rated by Wenger, hence the trial.

A trial doesn't mean he has been hired.

But scouts do not see him in action week in week out because of the logistics of doing so.

Loads of players even internationals have been to Arsenal and many European clubs for trials some have made it others haven't.

The one thing you can never accuse Wenger of is racism.

The boy is being given the time of his life now, the least you can do is be happy for him.

Your reply is a civilized one, unlike the i.d.i.o.t talking trash using incorrect claims to make a point. As if he had me in mind before. Mtschew...
However,eventhough your response was civilized, your point is still a bit off.
You see, the best way to access a player is when he is pitched against tough opponents, and where else do you see that than in internationally competitive tournaments like afcon. You'll agree with me that he played very well against Drogba, Yaya, Gervinho, Keita, Pitropia etc.
You said that international players are taken up for trials? ok I dare you to name one player that played for a football-reknown country, is a super regular in that team, and has just won a major tournament that was called up for TRIAL. I bet you that you'll not be able to come up with even HALF player. Try it!
You said I should be happy for him? Well, it seems you didnt understand what I wrote. I'm not settling for less for him. He deserves better than a TRIAL. This guy deserves a CONTRACT abeg. I'm his fan anytime anyday!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Plusvalenza: Juve Jumps To 3rd As Court Temporarily Suspends 15-points Deduction / Diego Maradona: "Jose Mourinho Best Football Manager In The World" / Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.