Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners (12922 Views)

Ambode Leading Officers To Arrest Traffic Offenders In Ijora (Photos) / Court Orders Police To Evict Satguru (guru Maharaji) / 2 Year Rents Banned In Lagos, Landlords To Be Jailed For 3 Years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by supereagle(m): 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2013
Many landlords in Ijora, Lagos may have decided to evict tenants of Northern extraction, following Thursday’s arrest of a Chadian and four other suspected terrorists in a raid by over 100 soldiers and secret service agents in the community.

During the raid on 24, Aromire Street in the densely populated community, the soldiers and secret service agents reportedly found an improvised explosive device, AK47 rifles, cartridges and daggers.

It was learnt that two persons were arrested at 24, Aromire Street and three others at a location in an adjacent street.

This created panic in the community, with many of the residents saying there might still be more suspects living among them.

During a visit to the area on Friday, Saturday PUNCH did not notice any security presence on Aromire Street, where the raid was conducted or surrounding streets.

Ijora noticeably has a high population of Nigeriens, Chadians and Northerners.

A landlord, Alhaji Ibrahim AbdulKareem, told our correspondent that one of his tenants, a Northerner, had been living in his house for two years.

“He has never caused trouble for me but how can I be sure he does not have a link with these people? I’m not sure I will let him finish the nine months he has left. My life and that of my family members are important to me,” he said.

Another landlord, Alhaji Bashiru Igbalaye, said, “No, no, nobody is going to hide a bomb in my house. I’m not even sure whether the one is my house is from Niger or Katsina. But he has to leave by the end of this month.

“We are all afraid right now. We have been living with two of the suspects probably for many years. Who knows how many are still here?”

http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-ijora-landlords-may-evict-northerners/

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 24, 2013
Good news. Let them go to borno

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 24, 2013
Such precautionary move could turn out to be priceless ...
Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 24, 2013
grin
Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by juman(m): 7:20pm On Mar 24, 2013
May be those arrested are armed robbers.
Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by Itoroetti(m): 10:59pm On Mar 24, 2013
Dis landlords are funny though.well,not all hausa's are boko haram ooo.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by IGBOSON1: 11:10pm On Mar 24, 2013
Very funny story. grin grin

I bet those Hausa/Fulani/Niger/Chad tenants would have wondered why their landlords have been giving them one kain eye since the raid last week, and they'd have noticed them watching their every move like a hawk!
Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 25, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

Just like the warlord ran to Ivory coast in woman garment cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by GalaxyNoteII: 6:48am On Mar 25, 2013
A landlord, Alhaji Ibrahim AbdulKareem, told our correspondent that one of his tenants, a Northerner, had been living in his house for two years.

“He has never caused trouble for me but how can I be sure he does not have a link with these people? I’m not sure I will let him finish the nine months he has left. My life and that of my family members are important to me,” he said.

Another landlord, Alhaji Bashiru Igbalaye, said, “No, no, nobody is going to hide a bomb in my house. I’m not even sure whether the one is my house is from Niger or Katsina. But he has to leave by the end of this month.

“We are all afraid right now. We have been living with two of the suspects probably for many years. Who knows how many are still here?”

cheesy rotfl

This is not good. After Hausas, who is the next target? This is what happens when you push ppl too far. The kindest and the most tolerable have limits too.

11 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by ochukoccna: 7:49am On Mar 25, 2013
This is pouring petrol to quench glowing coals
Knee jerk reactions will only escalate this suitation
Who will render the services of the Northerners gave (if they gey to leave)?
Apply pressure to their balls and get them to cooperate rather than evicting 'em
My 2 cents

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by 9icest: 7:55am On Mar 25, 2013
Its jest a matter of time before we get rid of those thieving criminals and kindappers as well cheesy
Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by 9icest: 7:57am On Mar 25, 2013
ochukoccna: This is pouring petrol to quench glowing coals
Knee jerk reactions will only escalate this suitation
Who will render the services of the Northerners gave (if they gey to leave)?
Apply pressure to their balls and get them to cooperate rather than evicting 'em
My 2 cents

They are needed in the east, we will do fine without them. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by homesteady(m): 8:19am On Mar 25, 2013
9icest:

They are needed in the east, we will do fine without them. Thank you

smh!! Are you from Jupiter He just raised a very important point and you are adding tribalism to your answer!! BTW,Who told you he is from the east??. Maybe if they leave, you and your family members will render the services which the hausa's were rendering before they left!!

9 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by nbright: 9:19am On Mar 25, 2013
That's stereotyping... There are many Northerners that are law abiding citizens of Nigeria... Many will be homeless

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by BlackPeni5: 9:22am On Mar 25, 2013
Not every Muslim is a member of Boko Haram, but all members of Boko Haram are Muslims...Not every member of Boko Haram is of Hausa extraction as reports in the past have shown some Yoruba members.

This move has little or no impact in the fight against terrorism in Nigeria...because the Yoruba members will still give them a hiding place.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by lekzy01(m): 9:23am On Mar 25, 2013
Our selfish leaders: Senate President David Mark REJECTED a Bill For Unemployed Graduates To Be Paid N20,000 Monthly
Yesterday, He Gave 2face A Ferrari Worth. N47million naira. #Habaaaaa. "SHEY NA LIKE DIS WE GO DEY GO"?
Pls RE-braodcast the last BC...let's make it viral on social media like oga @ the top thing...post it on any social media you knw of..GOD bless us as we do that...thanks

7 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by toyemz(f): 9:24am On Mar 25, 2013
Ijora noticeably has a high population of Nigeriens, Chadians and Northerners.

Northerners are Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by mcevans1(m): 9:26am On Mar 25, 2013
Im smelling civil war ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 25, 2013
Typical Nigerian,always putting the cart before the horse..na now dem know say animals shouldn't be allowed among humans. 1914 almagamation is a big problem to the entity called Nigeria.it united Humans with animals.

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by ifihearam: 9:26am On Mar 25, 2013
lekzy01: Our selfish leaders: Senate President David Mark REJECTED a Bill For Unemployed Graduates To Be Paid N20,000 Monthly
Yesterday, He Gave 2face A Ferrari Worth. N47million naira. #Habaaaaa. "SHEY NA LIKE DIS WE GO DEY GO"?
Pls RE-braodcast the last BC...let's make it viral on social media like oga @ the top thing...post it on any social media you knw of..GOD bless us as we do that...thanks

Who be dis mugu?

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by ifihearam: 9:27am On Mar 25, 2013
mc~evans:
Im smelling civil war ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy

Shut up
Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by Truckpusher(m): 9:28am On Mar 25, 2013
Northerners are still Nigerians and they have the right like every other Nigerian to live wherever they wish as long as they meet the basic requirements demanded by that society ,it is totally unfair and appalling that some elements that call themselves Nigerians are using the security problem in the North to discriminate and deny the Hausa people their rights as Nigerians.

9 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners by ifihearam: 9:29am On Mar 25, 2013
Black Peni5: Not every Muslim is a member of Boko Haram, but all members of Boko Haram are Muslims...Not every member of Boko Haram is of Hausa extraction as reports in the past have shown some Yoruba members.

This move has little or no impact in the fight against terrorism in Nigeria...because the Yoruba members will still give them a hiding place.

You mean the yoruba muslims abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Bomb Blast Or Attack By Boko Haram In FEBRUARY. / Nigerians You Are Being Deceived. True Status Of Buhari's Health. / President Buhari Speaks On Benue Flood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.