Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? (9325 Views)

Urgent Help!! My Fiancee Is Now Addicted To Something Else. I Feel Very Sad / Social Network Sites. Who Would Your Prefer To Date: Expert Or Novice? / Now I Have Seen The Reason Some Married Men Cheat On Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by OCTAVO: 12:44pm On Mar 24, 2013
Can you imagine a 55 year old man who is a father 3 grown kids chatting on 2go by 11pm?
Yes!!! You heard me right o! This person is a family friend. Needless I mention that he's also registered to some other social network sites.
I'm also sure there will be some married women in same category with him.
These older folks no wan gree again o.
I mean shouldn't there be a form of self discipline exihibited by them?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by achinaboy(m): 1:26pm On Mar 24, 2013
it`s about having fun,not being addicted,a lot of people have problem with insomnia,dont really know the spelling,but u know what i meant,so social networking could be a way out,just guessing

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by OCTAVO: 1:44pm On Mar 24, 2013
achina boy: it`s about having fun,not being addicted,a lot of people have problem with insomnia,dont really know the spelling,but u know what i meant,so social networking could be a way out,just guessing
Lolz @ Insomnia. Truly, I can tell that some dudes are Insomniac even here on NL with the way they keep up with posts on threads.
But I'm talking about people that are not Insomniac, even when you are having conversation with them in broad day light, they keep pressing their phone intermittently. Isn't that addiction?
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 24, 2013
When babies are awake at night,NL land is a soothing relief for the babysitting mother.
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 24, 2013
They must have boring marriages to be "addicted" to social networks after marriage. I mean, there should be a limit and a level of respect for your spouse. Using social networks is not wrong, but being addicted to it and chatting up members of the opposite sex when you are married? Come on!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by djeezy(m): 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2013
Not only oldies and married people. I went to church today and the sermon got boring, so I was tempted to log on to facebook to chat. I found my assistant pastor online and a convo ensued.
Me: Pastor, what are you doing?
Pastor: Nothing, brother..., I was just reminding some recalcitrant and obstinate whor'es to come to church"
Me: WTF!!!
Pastor: Brother....stop that please.

How did he know what WTF means?

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by OCTAVO: 8:22pm On Mar 24, 2013
byvan: When babies are awake at night,NL land is a soothing relief for the babysitting mother.
Hmmmmn... Well, NL is still better than 2go.
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by OCTAVO: 8:30pm On Mar 24, 2013
sexkillz: They must have boring marriages to be "addicted" to social networks after marriage. I mean, there should be a limit and a level of respect for your spouse. Using social networks is not wrong, but being addicted to it and chatting up members of the opposite sex when you are married? Come on!!!
Yeah, I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by OCTAVO: 8:32pm On Mar 24, 2013
djeezy: Not only oldies and married people. I went to church today and the sermon got boring, so I was tempted to log on to facebook to chat. I found my assistant pastor online and a convo ensued.
Pastor: Nothing, brother..., I was just reminding some recalcitrant and obstinate whor'es to come to church"

Joke I guess...
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 25, 2013
sexkillz: They must have boring marriages to be "addicted" to social networks after marriage. I mean, there should be a limit and a level of respect for your spouse. Using social networks is not wrong, but being addicted to it and chatting up members of the opposite sex when you are married? Come on!!!

By chatting up opposite sex,do you mean in a general convo or in private chats??I don't think chatting in a general convo is wrong but chatting via Email with the opposite sex is what I consider wrong.I mean there is no privacy when people converse in a thread, is there?You really think being on a social network equals to boring marriage??

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 25, 2013
OCTAVO:
Hmmmmn... Well, NL is still better than 2go.

What happens in 2go?
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 25, 2013
byvan:

By chatting up opposite sex,do you mean in a general convo or in private chats??I don't think chatting in a general convo is wrong but chatting via Email with the opposite sex is what I consider wrong.I mean there is no privacy when people converse in a thread, is there?You really think being on a social network equals to boring marriage??
Private chat.

Being on a social network doesn't equal boring marriage. Being addicted to social networks equals boring marriage. . . Keyword: "Addicted".

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 25, 2013
Ok
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Ajiswaggs(m): 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
lols......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... wonders shall never end oooo
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by socrateez(m): 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2013
Being on 2go at 11pm does not mean the man is chatting with a gf, he could be chatting with any of his children. I don't think being on social networks for a married man implies that he has issues with his family. Its unfortunate that young people think they are the only ones entitled to fun. I met an elderly person on yahoo messenger in those days who proved to be matured and even assisted me to overcome the challenges I was facing. I've lost contact with him but he was extremely useful to me. I think Nairaland needs people like that so that young folks can learn from their wealth of experience. They can mentor some of us and guide us to make intelligent mature decisions.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by eledalo: 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2013
I guess folks like Siena, Jarus and Ajanlekoko will be able to answer us on this one!
cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by MMM2(m): 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2013
Op

Age is just a nos undecided

But of all place 2go shame 2 dat man angry
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Edoboy1(m): 1:34pm On Mar 25, 2013
People hav various reasons y they chat on social networks. Me as an example,I do it becos am living alone,so when am back from work,am bored,even when am at work and am less busy I go online,just like NOW. Age has nothing to do with having fun or doin what pleases you. That same "2go" u r talkin abt has age category. Probably the wife is sleeping and he doesn't feel like sleeping yet,so? The only thing is we should all learn to use these gadgets well,irrespective of status-married or single. Remember u will soon be 50. You might do worse and be watchin "Tom and Jerry" 6:00am.
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by OCTAVO: 1:38pm On Mar 25, 2013
socrateez: Being on 2go at 11pm does not mean the man is chatting with a gf, he could be chatting with any of his children. I don't think being on social networks for a married man implies that he has issues with his family. Its unfortunate that young people think they are the only ones entitled to fun. I met an elderly person on yahoo messenger in those days who proved to be matured and even assisted me to overcome the challenges I was facing. I've lost contact with him but he was extremely useful to me. I think Nairaland needs people like that so that young folks can learn from their wealth of experience. They can mentor some of us and guide us to make intelligent mature decisions.
Did you just say chatting with his children? I laff...
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Temismith(f): 1:42pm On Mar 25, 2013
Cos its a means of killing boredom. And after getting busy with work,children and house chores, u will come online to know wat is happening everywhere as well as ease ur self of stress.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by chii8(f): 1:45pm On Mar 25, 2013
Pls som1 shld help me ask d mod of dat section of tense challenge why he hid my post,nlders i v answered d questions oooo
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Monzuur(m): 1:48pm On Mar 25, 2013
djeezy: Not only oldies and married people. I went to church today and the sermon got boring, so I was tempted to log on to facebook to chat. I found my assistant pastor online and a convo ensued.

lmfao.......joke abi?
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 25, 2013
Honestly, i don't think their status has anything to do with how often the person goes on a social networking site. If you're talking about something like Facebook or Twitter, most people just go on them to find out what's happening in the world and to connect with other people. If everyone that was married let's just say weren't addicted, those sites would be pretty small and not as many people would b able to find out what's going in the world.
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 25, 2013
The issue is about addiction. Being addicted to social sites, to the extent you neglect your duties in marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by chikk(f): 1:56pm On Mar 25, 2013
Hmmm. I don't know what you guys mean by 'being addicted'. Insomnia and marital issues
on their own are flimsy excuses. I don't see any reason why a man of that age bracket, who is neither a political figure or an artist of any kind should be on social sites like facebook and 2go. NL is pardonable. Everyone knows that men don't quite rap with their fellow men on chat unless they're buddies or biz associates. But in this case, I don't see that man's colleagues staying up late every night to chat with him on 2go. Neither do I see his friends(who are in same age group) staying up to chat! So its just nonsensical for a man of that age to be on social sites like 2go!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by nenergy(m): 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
He's either overly fascinated by a technology he didn't have while growing up, bored, unambitious or doesn't love his wife anymore. At 11pm there's only one website to browse; ww.mywife...yes/so/thasall.Hahaha

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by OCTAVO: 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
chikk: Hmmm. I don't know what you guys mean by 'being addicted'. Insomnia and marital issues
on their own are flimsy excuses. I don't see any reason why a man of that age bracket, who is neither a political figure or an artist of any kind should be on social sites like facebook and 2go. NL is pardonable. Everyone knows that men don't quite rap with their fellow men on chat unless they're buddies or biz associates. But in this case, I don't see that man's colleagues staying up late every night to chat with him on 2go. Neither do I see his friends(who are in same age group) staying up to chat! So its just nonsensical for a man of that age to be on social sites like 2go!
Gbamest!!! You make sense die!
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by Popowaa: 2:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
sexkillz: The issue is about addiction. Being addicted to social sites, to the extent you neglect your duties in marriage.
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by jidewin(m): 2:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
@ poster
Don't mind the old man.What he missed as a youth is what he is no reliving as an ageing adult....afterall GRANDMA no go mind ke. grin
Re: Why Are Some Married People Addicted To Social Network Sites? by OperaMini1(m): 2:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
@ poster, kindly define addiction in this issue?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Shares X-ray Video Sex Tape His Ex Send To Him After Asking Her This(video) / She Dis-virgined Me At Age 6 Now She Still Wants To Sleep Wit Me. / How It Feels To Get Your Dick Sucked (confession)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.