Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? (14568 Views)

Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? / Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? / The Lie "We" Preached From The Pulpit.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by larryjayz: 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2013
obowunmi: I preach Songs of Solomon on my mattress every Sunday. grin grin
pls what's the meaning of Obowunmi? Is it what I'm thinking?
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by echibuzor: 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2013
larry_jayz: pls what's the meaning of Obowunmi? Is it what I'm thinking?

The Question here is what are you thinking?

For me, It means I desire a Monkey... U nko?
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by blackbeau1(f): 4:23pm On Mar 31, 2013
Yeah.twice.actually,there's nothing too special about it.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by hikmoj(m): 4:53pm On Mar 31, 2013
Dis&many other books of d bible are enough 4 christians 2 cudgel dia brains dat is dis book stil 4rm God?

1 Like

Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by echibuzor: 4:56pm On Mar 31, 2013
hikmoj: Dis&many other books of d bible are enough 4 christians 2 cudgel dia brains dat is dis book stil 4rm God?

Name those books please... Are u a person of faith?
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by echibuzor: 4:59pm On Mar 31, 2013
What most pple fail to undastand is dat its not words in the book dat matters, its the spirit behind those words.
If u like, memorise the whole bible without the Spirit in you, its the same as reading the Harry Potter....
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by calabardick(m): 4:59pm On Mar 31, 2013
Sijo01:

preach on preacher.
Maybe you meet him for the sermon!
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 31, 2013
Goshen360:

The way you people reason scriptures at times, I'm afraid. What the statement of Christ meant is what it meant - Greater than Solomon is here. If Solomon had much wisdom as he had then, greater than Solomon is Christ. If Solomon had mush wealth\blessings, greater than Solomon is Christ. Solomon existed literally as a person but he was also a type of Christ. Whatever Solomon was, it was fulfilled in Christ.

The law and the prophets were all pointing to Christ. In Christ is the complete revelation of truth, wisdom and mystery. Hence, when you're readying or studying the Old, look no further thing other than Christ. In the time of Christ and the Apostles, when the New Testament had not yet being completed, they only relied on the Old then. We're too blessed now not to be deep in the word of God because we have both the Old and the New Testament.

You still aren't making much sense. If something is greater than the other, doesn't that spell out that you should go for the greater one and nothing less?
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
Gistwitherico:
are u referring to the Holy Bible like that! Be careful so that heaven does not deal with u. And 2 all that book is very spiritual, the problem is that carnal minds who do not posses the spirit of God within them reads the written logus of the book. Remember, the letter kills but the spirit gives life!

And what exactly is wrong with someone having an erecti.on? Or isn't that normal??
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by hikmoj(m): 5:27pm On Mar 31, 2013
What lesson do these teach us?
(Gen38)(prvb5:19)(ruth3),bzy nw may stil name more later.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by ckkris: 5:32pm On Mar 31, 2013
aiyeboy:
wow this was the text in ma church today

On Easter Sunday? Your pastor no know how to preach at all.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by Goshen360(m): 5:32pm On Mar 31, 2013
masonkz:

You still aren't making much sense. If something is greater than the other, doesn't that spell out that you should go for the greater one and nothing less?

You know & understand exactly what I'm saying. To appreciate or understand the 'greater than' Solomon, you need to know that Solomon. Whatever is learnt from that Solomon, then apply the 'greater than' IN CHRIST. We, Christians have an immeasurable wealth and blessings in Christ....the whole book of Ephesians expounded on our riches in Christ.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 31, 2013
Tropilo:

U better go and read about ur imaginery 72 virgins.
Quote the part of the Holy Quran where 72 virgins nonsense is written or remain a fool for the rest of ur life.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by ckkris: 5:42pm On Mar 31, 2013
mikeyhernadez: Let him kiss me with ____

Yes, that's what Christians should be doing to their wives, their one and only precious babe.
Pity the four wives of the religion of piss.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by patostation(m): 5:46pm On Mar 31, 2013
baynix: Oh Bobs!! I Be Muslim And I Neva Read Bible B4... Buh I Go Like Read Ds Book Of Solomon Oo!!

Bossoms?? Nna Mehn!!

Ashawo! Na that one you go read. After you read that one finish, I go come direct you to 1Cor 6:9,10 and Prov. 1-23 make ya body cool down small.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by Meklex(m): 5:49pm On Mar 31, 2013
Adamsdelrio: Songs of songs(Solomon) is a book that shows the intensity and illustration of christ's love towards his church(Bride).It was witten by som1 who has vast knowledge about the attracting and beautiful attributes of women.The book should not be interpreted literally.Only interpretation from the holy spirit can make it understandable.
bride?,
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by hikmoj(m): 5:51pm On Mar 31, 2013
ckkris:

Yes, that's what Christians should be doing to their wives, their one and only precious babe.
Pity the four wives of the religion of piss.
foolish talk,one wife wit many inamoratas.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by ckkris: 6:08pm On Mar 31, 2013
akthedream: Quote the part of the Holy Quran where 72 virgins nonsense is written or remain a fool for the rest of ur life.

Please don't derail this thread. We must enjoy our faith.
Your own says ' the lowliest of the inhabitants of paradise will be he who has 80,000 servants, 72 wives . . .' Mushkat al Masabih, Sh. M Ashraf ( 1990 ) page 1204
Sura 3:15; Sura 55:10-22, 35-38; Sura 37:48
I don tire. Another Hadith says 4000 virgins for those who fight well.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by ckkris: 6:14pm On Mar 31, 2013
hikmoj: foolish talk,one wife wit many inamoratas.

Please I take God beg all aboki to just go to their own moslem thread.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by Charbless(m): 6:24pm On Mar 31, 2013
Book of Bossoms
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by calabardick(m): 6:30pm On Mar 31, 2013
Everything in the world is about sex except sex. Sex is about power.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by esanland: 7:04pm On Mar 31, 2013
The book of psalm, Ecclesiastical, song of Solomon, they are romantic poetry books of the bible. Living revolve around relationship and love is the most powerful force on earth because God is love.

Song of Solomon relate to our everyday life. Even if your pastor do not preach from it, whenever your wife complain u are not romantic, why not borrow a line from Song of Solomon and write a love note for your wife expressing how much u really care and see the wonder of the book of Solomon.

I constantly hear Naija women say naija men are not romantic o. Maybe guys u need more Solomon romantic magic portion in your system. Anyway, we all need to be romantizer.

1 Like

Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by yemivictor: 7:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
calabardick: Everything in the world is about sex except sex. Sex is about power.

GBAM!!!
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by goshen26: 7:19pm On Mar 31, 2013
Ghydyon: lol no b small tin,i almost pour out my fluid while going 2ru it bt tanx 2 my pal who call me bak 2 reality
lol, you guys will not kill me o
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by baynix(m): 7:27pm On Mar 31, 2013
pato station:

Ashawo! Na that one you go read. After you read that one finish, I go come direct you to 1Cor 6:9,10 and Prov. 1-23 make ya body cool down small.

Lol!! Na so na!
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by Elai147: 7:33pm On Mar 31, 2013
For where. Him dey fear FEAR
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 31, 2013
ckkris:

Please I take God beg all aboki to just go to their own moslem thread.
Na u get the thread?abi ur papa get wives like solomon? I dare u to attend any secondary school and read the song of solomon on their assembly ground or just gather ur children and read to them all night..That song is among some of the hidden verses in the bible?
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 31, 2013
ckkris:

Please don't derail this thread. We must enjoy our faith.
Your own says ' the lowliest of the inhabitants of paradise will be he who has 80,000 servants, 72 wives . . .' Mushkat al Masabih, Sh. M Ashraf ( 1990 ) page 1204
Sura 3:15; Sura 55:10-22, 35-38; Sura 37:48
I don tire. Another Hadith says 4000 virgins for those who fight well.
Mr lier,quote it and lets see...u hypocrite. I can quote the erotic song of solomon,i dare u to quote the part of the Holy Quran where 72 virgins is written.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by ckkris: 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2013
akthedream: Na u get the thread?abi ur papa get wives like solomon? I dare u to attend any secondary school and read the song of solomon on their assembly ground or just gather ur children and read to them all night..That song is among some of the hidden verses in the bible?

There is no notice here not to offend Christianity.

The TRUTH says all have sinned and need a saviour. We make our children understand, and point out THE WAY. The CHOICE is open, and no one is born a Christian.

No Bible is hidden. As Christianity emanate from Judaism, any Old Testament in the Hebrew Bible is naturally part of Christian Bible, and there is verifiable consistency from Moses to Revelation.

And there is no need to throw bombs or fight for our God. He actually fights on our behalf. Thats the only reason the jihadists have not been able to behead every male in Nigeria and declare sharia.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by ckkris: 8:13pm On Mar 31, 2013
@ akthedream
It's not right to start quoting unhelpful text, especially in a Christian thread. If you open another thread, that will be reasonable. I know what I'm talking about.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by sako28: 8:52pm On Mar 31, 2013
echibuzor:

The purpose of that book is to show the extent of the love of the Lord and the Church, which can also be used to preach on how love should be between a man and his wife....

I have read that book countless times and I am surprised at the response from some pple here......
echibuzor:

The purpose of that book is to show the extent of the love of the Lord and the Church, which can also be used to preach on how love should be between a man and his wife....

I have read that book countless times and I am surprised at the response from some pple here......
echibuzor:

echibuzor:

echibuzor:

echibuzor:

echibuzor:

echibuzor:

echibuzor:

echibuzor:

echibuzor:

echibuzor:

You are right that d purpose of the book. And people need to knw that bosom in bible content bosom mean a " source of life or power or beauty or place of comfort or secured place to put a love one" that y Lazarus was in the bosom of Abraham.
Then my belove in the content mean u as a person or the church.
And as u knw Solomon is the wisest man in history so he wrote the book out of inspiration and God himself share a little of God wisdom in can comprend remember God is wiser than the wisest.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by kuss: 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2013
akthedream: Mr lier,quote it and lets see...u hypocrite. I can quote the erotic song of solomon,i dare u to quote the part of the Holy Quran where 72 virgins is written.

The Prophet Muhammad was heard saying: "The smallest reward for the people of Paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance from Al-Jabiyyah [a Damascus suburb] to Sana'a
(Sunan At-Tirmidhi, 4:21:2687)

IF YOU WANT MORE LET ME KNOW

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? / Why Use The Letter 'X' When Referring To Christians? / OPM's Apostle Chibuzo Gives Woman, Free Housing, Cash, Scholarship For Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.