Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,345 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? (14569 Views)

Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? / Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? / The Lie "We" Preached From The Pulpit.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by free2ryhme: 9:03pm On Mar 31, 2013
mods similar thread do exist oo ...

you guys are just lazy to carry out your duties..

https://www.nairaland.com/1099275/why-dont-pastors-preach-book
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by free2ryhme: 9:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
Songs of Solomon is mainly a celebration of romantic love, we know that all romantic love inevitably falls short of the love we truly need, which is the love found in Christ.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 31, 2013
sako28:

You are right that d purpose of the book. And people need to knw that bosom in bible content bosom mean a " source of life or power or beauty or place of comfort or secured place to put a love one" that y Lazarus was in the bosom of Abraham.
Then my belove in the content mean u as a person or the church.
And as u knw Solomon is the wisest man in history so he wrote the book out of inspiration and God himself share a little of God wisdom in can comprend remember God is wiser than the wisest.

All you religious folks will do anything to twist words. What is wrong in praising the beauty of a woman for crying out loud!! Or was it created not to be talked about? Must everything be about Church this Church that.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by johnwell(m): 9:34pm On Mar 31, 2013
Charbless: Book of Bossoms
Bross, i fear youooo, you be christian or xtian? LOL

calabardick: Everything in the world is about sex except sex. Sex is about power.
Your name said it all, owo efik adu k'mmon? I feel your picture, nobe small! LOL
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 31, 2013
The essence of preaching is to bring people to repentance, to edify, and to encourage, any bible passage that does not buttress this points may not be used frequently.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by fm7070: 8:07am On Apr 01, 2013
yes, he brought a text from it for Holy Communion.
Wonderful Message!
Pastor Akinwale, I dey miss your message dieeeeee
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by youngguchi(m): 8:45am On Apr 01, 2013
plz give me the chapter and verses were i can read on the song of solomon. Thanks
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:57pm On Apr 01, 2013
Goshen360:
The way you people reason scriptures at times, I'm afraid. What the statement of Christ meant is what it meant - Greater than Solomon is here. If Solomon had much wisdom as he had then, greater than Solomon is Christ. If Solomon had mush wealth\blessings, greater than Solomon is Christ. Solomon existed literally as a person but he was also a type of Christ. Whatever Solomon was, it was fulfilled in Christ.

The law and the prophets were all pointing to Christ. In Christ is the complete revelation of truth, wisdom and mystery. Hence, when you're readying or studying the Old, look no further thing other than Christ. In the time of Christ and the Apostles, when the New Testament had not yet being completed, they only relied on the Old then. We're too blessed now not to be deep in the word of God because we have both the Old and the New Testament.
again, i dont get your point, solomon was fulfilled in christ Ameeen so was the law and d prophets. Does that mean they should be thrown away?? Yes or no will suffice.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:59pm On Apr 01, 2013
Adamsdelrio: Songs of songs(Solomon) is a book that shows the intensity and illustration of christ's love towards his church(Bride).It was witten by som1 who has vast knowledge about the attracting and beautiful attributes of women.The book should not be interpreted literally.Only interpretation from the holy spirit can make it understandable.
amen.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:01pm On Apr 01, 2013
Gistwitherico:
very good dear, ur on point! But also songs of solomon helps our own wholesome relationships and makes christian spirit filled brethren more romantic to their spouses and family.. U just need 2 read that book with revelational backing, and u'd enjoy it definitely.
amen.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:03pm On Apr 01, 2013
gly2ken: The book of songs of song was written by solomon when he has already backslided. This book of the bible does not have God written on it. God was replaced by love.
1 timothy says "All scripture are inspired and useful for...", are u saying songs of songs isn't scripture.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by brideandgroom: 1:18pm On Apr 01, 2013
"Thy teeth are like a flock of sheep that are even shorn, which came up from the washing; whereof every one bear twins, and none is barren among them." (Song of Songs 4:2). This was used by bishop oyedepo some time ago during sermon while praying 4 those believing God for their babies
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by brideandgroom: 1:23pm On Apr 01, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] "Thy teeth are like a flock of sheep that are even shorn, which came up from the washing; whereof every one bear twins, and none is barren among them." (Song of Songs 4:2). This was used by bishop oyedepo some time ago during sermon while praying 4 those believing God for their babies
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 01, 2013
pls can someone read Ezekiel ch 23. The whole chapter. WARNING. DO NOT READ IF U ARE UNDER 18

ALSO SONG OF SOLOMON CH 7 VERSE 7
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by bigiyaro(m): 1:39pm On Apr 01, 2013
i just discovered that,i've never heard any preching from song of solomon.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by Cubid: 8:08pm On Apr 01, 2013
It shows that the bible is a complete book addressing spiritual, emotional and physical aspects of life on earth. Romance is a part of the human heritage. Sex is as spiritual as Love only within the bonds of matrimony.
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by yaksh: 11:34pm On Apr 01, 2013
hmm! reading witout undrstndin, hw many of dem memorise d bible? D answer is nobody. Thr nt undrstndin it dats y thr deceiv
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by yaksh: 11:35pm On Apr 01, 2013
hmm! reading witout undrstndin, hw many of dem memorise d bible? D answer is nobody. Thr nt undrstndin it dats y thr deceive
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by yaksh: 11:36pm On Apr 01, 2013
hmm! reading witout undrstndin, hw many of dem memorise d bible? D answer is nobody. Thr nt undrstndin it dats y thr deceive. I pity wuna
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by foluski: 11:51pm On Apr 01, 2013
The songs of Solomon are a great blessing to us as Christians. Actually, if not for that book, many of us would have permanently thought that romance is sinful, BUT IT IS NOT! However, that book is mainly meant for MARRIED PEOPLE. I believe that one of my pastors in the past has preached about it, and I can vividly remember that my present pastor back in my hometown church told us that he used excerpts from this book while he was courting his wife! (I also intend to use that tool you know.) However, I gained a deeper understanding of the songs of Solomon after a 3-day teaching series at my church in my present town of residence. By the grace of God, the visiting minister of God opened our eyes to so many things about this blessed book. Actually, the book has a number of sections: the courtship section; the wedding section; the honeymoon section; the conflict and conflict-resolution section; the fight by the woman to save her marriage from husband snatchers etc. The man even wrote a book about the SOS, which I bought but haven't been free enough to read. Really, this book of the Bible proves that God actually approves of hot and simmering romance IN MARRIAGES. For all the people that think that this book is dirty and "unspiritual", if you read this book and went and practised its contents on your spouse, will he/she be angry? WILL GOD BE ANGRY? Will he be angry that you are giving him sizzling sex, or will she be angry that you are making her dizzy with love poems? Will he be disgusted when you tell your friends that your husband is the best man in the world, or will she be angry if you learn from the book and refuse to be allured and captivated by other women? As I've repeatedly said, this book is mostly for the married, for it is only in marriage that you can LEGITIMATELY express its MAJOR contents. DON'T PRACTISE THIS BOOK OUTSIDE MARRIAGE. IF YOU DO, IT IS A SIN AGAINST GOD. IF YOU DON'T, YOU ARE HONOURING GOD. AS THE LORD LIVES, NEITHER OF THESE CHOICES WILL MISS ITS REWARD. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 12:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
Ubenedictus:
d presence of christ doesnt mean we shouldn't read other parts of scripture.
@ Op yes, my pastor preaches for songs of songs, have u ever hear people call Jesus "rose of sharon"? Well they borrowed it from that book.
That part of scripture is usually interpreted with symbolism to mean christ and his bride the church (if you are prone to bad imagination then i'll advise you not to interprete anything there literally).
On the other hand "mystic" interprete that book as a reflection of their personal relation with christ, this is how i interprete it most times.
WHAT ABOUT D WORD "BREAST" BEING USED??
Re: Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? by johnHerba(m): 11:54am On Aug 14, 2021
That's very good but need more care

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Use The Letter 'X' When Referring To Christians? / Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? / OPM's Apostle Chibuzo Gives Woman, Free Housing, Cash, Scholarship For Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.