Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

................ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ................ (11156 Views)

Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text / Video: Pdp "Underage" Vote Rigging In Action / Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ................ by xtremeidea(m): 10:14am On Mar 25, 2013
My question still remains

[size=28pt]WHAT HAPPENS TO HIM NOW? WOULD HE BE JAILED FOR RIGGING? [/size]
Re: ................ by janvier27(m): 10:17am On Mar 25, 2013
Insanity. Power drunk. He is intoxicated by the enormity of the state funds he has to play with. Unfortunately he'll get away with this.
Re: ................ by dbride: 10:19am On Mar 25, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Huh You see why I said people like you are a curse to the nation? Do you know what would have become of Akpabio following the release of this video if He was to be living in civilized society? A man that openly confessed He manipulated an election, instead of you to condemn His actions and reprimand Him, all you could come up with is some stupid comment that He is being attacked 'cos of His strong support for GEJ. What is transparent about a man who gave out money that He never budgeted for, nor was approved by the House of assembly? What is intelligent in a man who used state funds meant for the development of an impoverished state to buy gifts for an unknown soldier?

You really should be ashamed yourself. That an election rigger is a staunch supporter of GEJ clearly says it all.. NO ? undecided

God is angry with our leaders and will expose them all. Only the power of God can make a whole governor confess publicly without being charged how he rigged an election. He did not know how that information came out of him but God who owns his mouth did it anyway. Remember, Governor Akpabio is supposed to be a born-again xtian. Gej is already feeling the power of God with his controversial PARDON. God's ways are not our ways but they expose the secrets of men. Let's open our hearts and eyes and be sensitive. More will come.
Re: ................ by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 25, 2013
All that glitters are not Gold, I believe God made him to confess unknowingly.
Re: ................ by bigsheg(m): 10:40am On Mar 25, 2013
SlyIg: So? What will you people do to him. Let the story die off abeg! He still remains the governor. Thats all.
its cos of people like you that this nation will remain where it is! Amazing to think that a human can think like this...with things like you,we might just brand dis generation as anoda waste.sad...
Re: ................ by oluomoken: 10:40am On Mar 25, 2013
Papa Deceiving Pickin
Re: ................ by akatonero(m): 10:42am On Mar 25, 2013
This man self? No shame at all
Re: ................ by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 25, 2013
Can anyone point out a righteous man in the midst of this present dispensation and the one before, so why crucify Akpabio because of his flippancy. If every politician in this country were to be force to confess their hidden havoc the entity called Nigeria would be history overnight.
Re: ................ by ImpactWorld(m): 10:46am On Mar 25, 2013
I am sorry to say this :But most of you guys are hypocrites.
I watched that program live so I heard Akpabio speak live.
He clarified in another part of the video which has been deliberately left out
PDP simply zoned that position. That was what he meant. It was zoned to the current senator's district
Or isn't zoning same reason the North is hammering on GEJ?
And doesn't Tinubu single-handedly pick all ACN candidates?
I neither know nor represent anybody.I just hate hypocrites!

2 Likes

Re: ................ by karpentar: 11:01am On Mar 25, 2013
taharqa: You chaps shld give this sillly attack on Akpabio just cos he strongly supports GEJ. Its too transparent and unintelligent...

I like to support Jonathan because, I really want him to succeed. But if in doing that I will be associated this bloke (taharqa) who made above the quote, I will cease my suport. This is the silliest comment I ever heard.
Re: ................ by Ess: 11:07am On Mar 25, 2013
ImpactWorld: I am sorry to say this :But most of you guys are hypocrites.
PDP simply zoned that position. That was what he meant. It was zoned to the current senator's district

Not representing anybody my foot. You are so dumb and deserve nothing but prayers!
What ever happened to people's mandate, those that unanimously elected the winner how would they feel?
Re: ................ by taharqa: 11:08am On Mar 25, 2013
danny301:

You are a very big ignorant and deluded fellow yet you stupidly rushed out to defend Akapbio on issue you know nothing about all in the name of sentiment. In case you don't know, there are guidelines for primary elections, like any other election. The only difference is that primary elections are done within the party and not by the general public. The fact that Nigerian Politicians have decided to be hand-picking candidates against the choices of the people does not change the law..... In 2007, Ameachi won the gubernatorial primaries under pdp in River State but OBJ went and hand-picked Omehia are the party's flag-bearer however, the court declare Ameachi the real candidate under PDP and that was how became a Governor without his standing for election..... Now tell me, where did that law come from?

See who is calling someone else Ignorant? Did the Supreme Court strike out Omehia's (s)election merely cos of Internal Election within PDP itself (controlled by the PDP constitution) Or cos of the issues related to the submission/Replacement of names to INEC by the PDP (controlled by the Electoral law of the nation). The Supreme court had at various times refused to intervene in PURE internal party matters related to elections, except it directly violates the Party's constitution or the Nation's Electoral law or even the constitution- apart from those conditions, a party is virtually free to use any method it sees fit to elect its members. This was what the law that some persons in the NA were pushing in the NA ordinarily wanted to change, but ALL political parties conspired to KILL the bill.

By the way, I am not and did not support Akpabio or any other political party in the continued Imposition of candidates within political parties (whether in that comment Or elsewhere). I am a STRONG advocate for 'Internal Democracy' within Political parties. That's one of the reasons why I was Disgusted that the political apparatchik in this country (ALL OF THEM) KILLED the 2011 attempt at remedying the situation. However, I HATE HYPOCRISY with every fiber of my being (if you follow my comments on this forum, you may have seen that as a recurring subject of mine). 1st, Imposition of candidates is the NORM in ALL political parties, so it is very HYPOCRITICAL for the same persons doing a particular thing to complain that someone else is doing same thing. 2nd, the SUDDEN criticizing/attack on Gov Akpabio over virtually every thing he now does, including those like this one he did years ago (this stuff happened in 2007), is simply cos of his emergence as Chair of the PDP Govs Forum and his very strong support for GEJ, FULL STOP.

Nobody is foooled.
Re: ................ by karpentar: 11:09am On Mar 25, 2013
taharqa:

Will you SHUT that your stinking mouth there, you HYPOCRITE.

This was an INTERNAL PARTY ELECTION within his party, and unfortunately NO LAW in Nigeria compels any political party to observe elections in their Primaries. Parties could do as they please as long as it follows their own constitutions (that was never written to ensure internal democracy in their various parties). The law which would have made it compulsory for Primary Elections to be held within political parties which some few members of the NA was pushing in early 2011 was shot down by virtually every political party, lead by ACN. In fact, I recall with alarm how virtually every ACN leader both within the NA and outside (led by your master, Tinubu) argued vociferously that parties should be completely left to produce their own candidates the way they see fit cos they (the parties) had to choose only candidates that would pursue their Agenda and Manifesto. They ALL killed that Bill. Till today, Tinubu SELECTS virtually every internal Candidate in ACN.

So dont come here and Pontificate on issues like this at all. I dont suffer a HYPOCRITE a moment's space.

I insist that the SUDDEN attack on Gov Akpabio is simply cos of his emergence as Chair of the PDP Governor's Forum who are in Strong support of GEJ, PERIOD. That much is too transparent. Thank God, the man is arguably the most performing INFRASTRUCTURE wise perhaps since the advent of Democracy in 1999, else we for no hear word on that angle again.

Bunch of sillly DESPERADOS.

What's wrong with this fellow? Why did Akpabio quickly change the statemnent when prompted by his aides. Think, it's easy!!!!
Re: ................ by gregg2: 11:12am On Mar 25, 2013
Let Akpabio be. ACN and the Press conspiracy against him won't work.
He is the best governor in Nigeria and has performed far better than all
your crap ACN governors.
Re: ................ by olawunmisamuel1: 11:20am On Mar 25, 2013
ImpactWorld: I am sorry to say this :But most of you guys are hypocrites.

We all know all political parties are run. We all know they rig. But others are not too stupid or power drunk to make such silly statements about replacing the winner's name with another.

He would have been arrested immediatley if this was another country.
Re: ................ by ddeola: 11:23am On Mar 25, 2013
That's the madness people call democracy in Nija
Re: ................ by godello: 11:44am On Mar 25, 2013
Mahatma Ghandi: what do u take us for, this is just an extract from a video, where is the other part of the video
the other part of the video isn,t relevant concerning the subject matter,i watched it live.when various questions were thrown to him,and in an attempt to answer the quesions,he made those blunders.
Re: ................ by AnodaIT(m): 12:48pm On Mar 25, 2013
From my view, Akpabio didnt rigged election, what he meant was that during the internal primaries, he selected the senator ahead of another more popular candidate and present it for the general election.
In other words, he didnt influence the senatorial election but the PDP family primaries

1 Like

Re: ................ by Nedu31(m): 12:50pm On Mar 25, 2013
danny301:

You are a very big ignorant and deluded fellow yet you stupidly rushed out to defend Akapbio on issue you know nothing about all in the name of sentiment. In case you don't know, there are guidelines for primary elections, like any other election. The only difference is that primary elections are done within the party and not by the general public. The fact that Nigerian Politicians have decided to be hand-picking candidates against the choices of the people does not change the law..... In 2007, Ameachi won the gubernatorial primaries under pdp in River State but OBJ went and hand-picked Omehia are the party's flag-bearer however, the court declare Ameachi the real candidate under PDP and that was how became a Governor without his standing for election..... Now tell me, where did that law come from?
Bros. Amechi won that case because his name has already foward to PDP HQT in Abuja b4 Obj order Odili to change Amechi name,as a bargain of him (Odili) becomin a President.Let me also remind u what Tinubu said during his birthday party concernin Fashola emergence as Lagos state gov. That he (Tinubu) "singlehandled made Fashola lagos state gov." whch means there is element of manipulation.This wulu wulu is everywhere.

1 Like

Re: ................ by jmaine: 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
taharqa:
2nd, the SUDDEN criticizing/attack on Gov Akpabio over virtually every thing he now does, including those like this one he did years ago (this stuff happened in 2007), is simply cos of his emergence as Chair of the PDP Govs Forum and his very strong support for GEJ, FULL STOP.

Nobody is foooled.

2015 politicking actively in play . . .We are not fooled bruv grin. . . .

1 Like

Re: ................ by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
Guys should mind their biz why focusing so much on Akpabio? cough, shit, vommit all Akpabio
Re: ................ by prestysam: 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2013
I think this should over take "My Oga @ the top" Senator take a bow loooooooool
Re: ................ by danny301: 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
Nedu31: Bros. Amechi won that case because his name has already foward to PDP HQT in Abuja b4 Obj order Odili to change Amechi name,as a bargain of him (Odili) becomin a President.Let me also remind u what Tinubu said during his birthday party concernin Fashola emergence as Lagos state gov. That he (Tinubu) "singlehandled made Fashola lagos state gov." whch means there is element of manipulation.This wulu wulu is everywhere.

Ok, thank you for the illumination. Now i know better....
Re: ................ by dulphines: 4:11pm On Mar 25, 2013
A Governor asking a Senator to take a bow! There is a misplacement in our understanding and practice of politics.

1 Like

Re: ................ by drnoel: 5:52pm On Mar 25, 2013
emiye: Clearly, this Akpabio has a low IQ , and so many warp minded nigerians in the crowd cheered and hailed his shameful statement. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sc3kww4BcyE

ma broda that is the hyporiscy of our Nigerian politicians and elected leaders and the grave consequence is that the Army, the whole world and God is watching. Do i need say more?
Re: ................ by dbride: 6:27pm On Mar 25, 2013
SlyIg: So? What will you people do to him. Let the story die off abeg! He still remains the governor. Thats all.

So shallow, empty shell.
Re: ................ by delors(m): 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
Olodo, olojoro, oni magomago...he even used his own mouth talk say na him use him hand select Senator, na wah ooooo Will ignorance ever cease among Nigerian politicians? Too dull...thick ibo accent....'I USED MY HAND TO SELECT A SENATOR FOR....Chei! Werelicious!
Re: ................ by ImpactWorld(m): 10:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
Ess:

Not representing anybody my foot. You are so dumb and deserve nothing but prayers!
What ever happened to people's mandate, those that unanimously elected the winner how would they feel?

Reasoning and childish tantrums such as this is the reason many mature minds do not comment here
Why would you insult me?
Anyways, just to educate you: The position in question was zoned during the PDP primaries.
So ideally, the other (former) senator was not even qualified for the primaries!
Again, it was PDP primaries and not the general election.
So, there is nothing like how the voters who elected the winner will feel
I hope you understand it better now
Re: ................ by OmoTier1(m): 10:20pm On Mar 25, 2013
taharqa:

Will you SHUT that your stinking mouth there, you HYPOCRITE.

This was an INTERNAL PARTY ELECTION within his party, and unfortunately NO LAW in Nigeria compels any political party to observe elections in their Primaries. Parties could do as they please as long as it follows their own constitutions (which was never written to ensure internal democracy in their various parties anyways). The law which would have made it compulsory for Primary Elections to be held within political parties which some few members of the NA was pushing in early 2011 was shot down by virtually every political party, lead by ACN. In fact, I recall with alarm how virtually every ACN leader both within the NA and outside (led by your master, Tinubu) argued vociferously that parties should be completely left to produce their own candidates the way they see fit cos they (the parties) had to choose only candidates that would pursue their Agenda and Manifesto. They ALL killed that Bill. Till today, Tinubu SELECTS virtually every internal Candidate in ACN.

So dont come here and Pontificate on issues like this at all. I dont suffer a HYPOCRITE a moment's space.

I insist that the SUDDEN attack on Gov Akpabio is simply cos of his emergence as Chair of the PDP Governor's Forum who are in Strong support of GEJ, PERIOD. That much is too transparent. Thank God, the man is arguably the most performing INFRASTRUCTURE wise perhaps since the advent of Democracy in 1999, else we for no hear word on that angle again.

Bunch of sillly DESPERADOS.
classified clown! Do I expect you to be ashamed of this dastardly act of your beloved Akpabio? Like the saying goes, a thief has no shame! If Akpabio was man enough, why wasn't He bold enough to engage those who were contesting the primary elections to reach a consensus? Isn't falsification of election results the trade mark of your cursed PDP? Or do you think the world has forgotten the 99% vote in P/H cheesy

Criminals will always defend their pals...
Re: ................ by taharqa: 10:25pm On Mar 25, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
classified clown! Do I expect you to be ashamed of this dastardly act of your beloved Akpabio? Like the saying goes, a thief has no shame! If Akpabio was man enough, why wasn't He bold enough to engage those who were contesting the primary elections to reach a consensus? Isn't falsification of election results the trade mark of your cursed PDP? Or do you think the world has forgotten the 99% vote in P/H cheesy

Criminals will always defend their pals...
And this is your RESPONSE?? Is this all y've gat? Thought you cud do a little beta. Really
Re: ................ by OmoTier1(m): 10:38pm On Mar 25, 2013
taharqa: And this is your RESPONSE?? Is this all y've gat? Thought you cud do a little beta. Really
Accursed thief can never be ashamed when caught! The verdict is ought there, its on Aj, CNN, it's on local channels in most countries! You think you can fool the people all the time? History will forever remember Akpabio as an election rigger and a manipulator of the wishes of the people just like history will ever remember GEJ as greedy thief!
Re: ................ by taharqa: 10:58pm On Mar 25, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Accursed thief can never be ashamed when caught! The verdict is ought there, its on Aj, CNN, it's on local channels in most countries! You think you can fool the people all the time? History will forever remember Akpabio as an election rigger and a manipulator of the wishes of the people just like history will ever remember GEJ as greedy thief!
That you are Repeating the same thing ova and ova again without addressing d substance of d mata, does not really make it true, you know. Its actuali on d oda hand, an indication of d Limited Intellect of that person.. Gabbish?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro / Breaking! Former Deputy Speaker Of The Kwara State House Of Assembly Dumps PDP / Senate President Lawan Felicitates With Omo-Agege As He Celebrates 56th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.