Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN (31330 Views)

Peter Obi's Anambra-Central Senatorial Campaign Poster (picture) / Osita Chidoka Set To Emerge Pdp’s Anambra Central Senatorial Candidate / Uche Ekwunife Affirmed The Winner Of Anambra Central Senatorial District (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by fingard02k(m): 6:07pm On Apr 09, 2011
Chris Ngige of ACN is leading right now closely followed by Dora's APGA,then PDP
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Fogman(m): 6:50pm On Apr 09, 2011
OP, pls update us. I m very interested in this particularly, cos its outcome ll affect me.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by fingard02k(m): 7:08pm On Apr 09, 2011
Ngige ACN has dominated the whole Anambra central senatoral zone followed bx Dora's APGA.In what i call free and fair election.No violence,no snatching of ballot box or fight it was calm.For me i support Dora but as it is,its like Ngige (ACN) has already won
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by onyengbu: 7:15pm On Apr 09, 2011
In my own center somewhere in idemili,
ngige (ACN) = 108 votes
dora (APGA) = 8 votes
okonkwo (Accord) = 7 votes
PDP (dont even know who d candidate is) = 2 votes

Im so happy for onwa.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Gbawe: 7:22pm On Apr 09, 2011
Up Ngige !!!!! Up ACN !!! Up progressives in the Senate to pass progressive law !!!!!
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by jason123: 7:25pm On Apr 09, 2011
Gbawe:

Up Ngige !!!!! Up ACN !!! Up progressives in the Senate to pass progressive law !!!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

onye_ngbu*:

ngige (ACN) = 108 votes
dora (APGA) = 8 votes
okonkwo (Accord) = 7 votes

Im so happy for onwa.

shocked Good one ACN!!!
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by ektbear: 7:25pm On Apr 09, 2011
Hehe. . . this is amusing to me for some reason grin tongue cool
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by macjive01: 7:26pm On Apr 09, 2011
^^^ what on earth cud the reason be? grin
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by fstranger3(m): 7:27pm On Apr 09, 2011
UP YORUBA PARTY IN alaigbo grin
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by AljUche: 7:27pm On Apr 09, 2011
ekt_bear:

Hehe. . . this is amusing to me for some reason  grin tongue cool

you are not good grin grin
jason123:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

shocked Good one ACN!!!

why are you surprise

PDP will be booted out cool
Gbawe:

grin grin grin grin

progressive votes indeed wink

good one ACN and CPC cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

SS, SE and NC join the wagon cheesy
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by ektbear: 7:28pm On Apr 09, 2011
macjive01:

^^^ what on earth cud the reason be? grin
grin Imma take the 5th
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by AljUche: 7:30pm On Apr 09, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

ngige (ACN) = 108 votes
dora (APGA) = 8 votes
okonkwo (Accord) = 7  votes

Im so happy for onwa.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

jason sorry i am actually shocked as well
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by fstranger3(m): 7:31pm On Apr 09, 2011
Now who is the boss!

ACN is the Boss
Yoruba people rock

Up Yoruba intelligentsia grin
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by AljUche: 7:32pm On Apr 09, 2011
fstranger3:

Now who is the boss!

ACN is the Boss
Yoruba people rock

why na angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by sheriffman(m): 7:32pm On Apr 09, 2011
good news 4 d action congress of naija
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by macjive01: 7:33pm On Apr 09, 2011
ACN is projected to win two senate seats in Akwa ibom as well.

As least the wud help loosen the tenacious grip of tinubu on the party.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by ektbear: 7:33pm On Apr 09, 2011
@fstranger: Avoid triumphalism

"Speak softy but carry a big stick", as they say
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by AljUche: 7:35pm On Apr 09, 2011
macjive01:

ACN is projected to win two senate seats in Akwa ibom as well.

A[b]s least the wud help loosen the tenacious grip of tinubu on the party[/b].  

i agree

now ACN is more of a national party than a SW party

tinubu needs to take ngige and other SE politicians more serious
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by onyengbu: 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2011
Do u guys know d funny thing that might happen next week.
Ribadu (ACN) might win GEJ in places around idemili north & south and other rural towns.

Today i discovered that because of the Ngige effect, many unenlightened voters were voting ACN in house of reps thinking they were voting ngige.
Unless PDP embarks on massive educatiön, ACN will sweep Idemili and many other rural anambra towns.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by AljUche: 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2011
jason123:

Why are you sooo tribal This is not the right place or time to do that.

Aside: ACN might actually be the party that will unite the whole south (politically speaking). God help us

can you STFU

what whole south are you taking about

or you meant the whole NIGERIA
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by ektbear: 7:40pm On Apr 09, 2011
I'm am surprised after all this noise made by Dora, nothing will come of it.

Ngige on the other hand has been less visible in the media, but I guess quietly working.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by jason123: 7:41pm On Apr 09, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

Do u guys know d funny thing that might happen next week.
Ribadu (ACN) might win GEJ in places around idemili north & south and other rural towns.

Today i discovered that because of the Ngige effect, many unenlightened voters were voting ACN in house of reps thinking they were voting ngige.
Unless PDP embarks on massive educatiön, ACN will sweep Idemili and many other rural anambra towns.

This is the beginning of the unity between East and West, politically. Let's see 2015, shall we?! smiley
[size=4pt]I am really happy for ACN, the East and the whole of the south!!![/size]
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by onyengbu: 7:41pm On Apr 09, 2011
@fstranger,
anything you see ACN winning in Anambra, it is just ngige winning and not the party.
If Ngige should move to PDP today, everybody will follow him to there.

Dont get excited please!
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Gbawe: 7:42pm On Apr 09, 2011
fstranger3:

Now who is the boss!

ACN is the Boss
Yoruba people rock

Man mi , don't you ever stop? chill with this supremacy shite or take it elsewhere  angry angry Nigerians , this time around , are simply voting for individuals and not Party as such. Ngige is a real man of the people . Well-loved for his visible performance in his spell as Governor of Anambra .
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by fstranger3(m): 7:43pm On Apr 09, 2011
ekt_bear:

@fstranger: Avoid triumphalism

"Speak softy but carry a big stick", as they say

Triumphalism isnt all that bad you know grin

At the same time, triumphalism also provides impetus to proselytization, conquest and the general expansion of a group or doctrine. [size=18pt]Many successful historical movements have worked from a triumphalist base. Examples include the Islamic conquests of the 7th century, European colonialism, and the concept of manifest destiny which helped the United States to dominance in North America, in the process transforming itself into what some call the American empire[/size]

I would not pass on the opportunity to create, if possible, within the Nigerian political stratosphere, a new and stronger YORUBA EMPIRE. grin
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by jason123: 7:44pm On Apr 09, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

@fstranger,
anything you see ACN  winning in Anambra, it is just ngige winning and not the party.
If Ngige should move to PDP today, everybody will follow him to there.

Dont get excited please!

Brother, to me, this is something big!!! Please, do not mind Fstranger. He was simply joking.
This might be the beginning of the political unity in the South!!!

Alj Uche:

can you STFU

what whole south are you taking about

or you meant the whole NIGERIA

Nigeria cannot be a one-state party!

ekt_bear:

I'm am surprised after all this noise made by Dora, nothing will come of it.

Ngige on the other hand has been less visible in the media, but I guess quietly working.

The same can be said about Buhari and GEJ! Buhari, the silent man!!! cheesy wink
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by jason123: 7:45pm On Apr 09, 2011
fstranger3:

Triumphalism isnt all that bad you know grin
I would not pass on the opportunity to create, if possible, within the Nigerian political stratosphere, a new and stronger YORUBA EMPIRE. grin

YOU ARE VERY ANNOYING!!! GOSH!!! angry angry angry
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by fstranger3(m): 7:45pm On Apr 09, 2011
Gbawe:

Man mi , don't you ever stop? chill with this supremacy shite or take it elsewhere  angry angry Nigerians , this time around , are simply voting for individuals and not Party as such. Ngige is a real man of the people . Well-loved for his visible performance in his spell as Governor of Anambra .

I agree. I just need to get that out of my system.

Okay, up Ngige of ACN! grin
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Basseti: 7:49pm On Apr 09, 2011
fstranger3:

Now who is the boss!

ACN is the Boss
Yoruba people rock

Ngige has always been respected in Anambra politics, he is basically seen as someone who is an outsider and fights the system (rightly or wrongly). He earned a lot of political capital after that debacle with the PDP touts where they tried to oust him out of power. So I am not surprised that he is winning here. This has nothing to do with yoruba, hausa or watever intellegensia.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Apr 09, 2011
I definitely prefer Ngige as senator then a Dora 'the explorer' encore in NASS!
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by fstranger3(m): 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2011
^^^

I agree Kobojunkie.

Better times ahead.

up Ngige of [size=28pt]Asiwaju Congress of Nigeria[/size] grin
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by onyengbu: 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2011
However!

We should wait till the final result.
Dora will win in some important places too.

And dont write off Annie Okonkwo of Accord.
He is a money bag, campaigned vigorously, throwing around gifts and cash in the process and upon all, he is the serving senator.

Remember guys, this is only anambra central we are talking about. ACN will not do well in the other senatorial zones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Tompolo: Why I Met With MEND / Obasanjo Is Boss Of Bosses – Goodluck Jonathan Tells Atiku / Insecurity Getting Worse Under Buhari - Goodluck Jonathan At Fasoranti's Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.