Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 (25614 Views)

Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again / SCARY VIDEO CLIP: Why You Shouldn't Buy A Hoverboard!!! / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:55am On Mar 28, 2013
rainmaker12: Dual Core beating octa core.......SHAME!

Im a Fan of Android, not Apple...anyway.

Really don’t give a hootfor the rest of your obtuse points, but this one is simply dumb.

one thing is there is NO DUALCORE FACTORY CLOCKED HIGHER THAN 1.4-1.5 GHZ.
hence it is NOT POSSIBLE FOR A DUAL CORE to beat a MUCH HIGHER QUAD CORE CLOCKED AT 1.9GHZ.

and the S3 is not a dual core sef is it?

like i said before, FUD makers should be shot, then shot again.

secondly,
despite the number of times Samsung and sane tech folks have taken pains to explain that the octa core is actually 4 main high clocked cores for heavy grunt work, then 4 much lower powered and clocked cores for light use, its remarkable that someone who tries to talk authoritatively about tech still says rubbish like this.

to put it kindly, YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. CLEARLY.

what the benchmarks you refer to will test are the S3 4 CORES VS THE 4 S4 CORES seeing that benchmarks aim to put the processors under stress.

the octa design never said 8 cores will work at the same time and at the same rate, and it will be remarkably foolish to put 8 cores of equal power clocked at 1.9 ghz [/b]in a mobile device with such a meagre battery.

give the people who build these phones some credit, the possess an IQ light years ahead of yours.

and even worse, is that you keep citing benchmarks. No sensible human in tech cites benchmarks as [b]basis for discrediting tech.

This has been flogged to death. benchmarks are not indicative of what a device can do in actual sense. there are too many variables and too many different standards.

1. you have not shown us these benchmarks. no link no nothing.

2. Which suite of applications was run for the benchmarks? do you have any idea how many different types and variants of benchmarks are available?

3. Even worse is how you claim a 4 core EXYNOS made by samsung clocked at 1.5 GHZ will outpace a 4 core EXYNOS made by the same samsung clocked at 1.9GHZ.

do you know anything technical about this in any way at all? you mean the engineers have been building a worse processor? angry angry

If this was VS another processor variant like snapdragon one can understand.

Ironically, when i used to own a Xperia X10, i tweaked and ran benchmarks on it that had higher scores than a S2. u think i was daft enough to claim the S2 was not better than the X10?

this is intellectual fraud. just because you choose to believe illogical claims by anti-samsung campaign spreading FUD does not make them right you know
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by rainmaker12(m): 2:34pm On Mar 28, 2013
xtra 4cores ll b engaged wen device s stressed. making d 8cores to b atwork during hard times. As u said, Benchmarks strains d P.Chip, on dat ground, Hw many cores ll b tested, 4 or 8?..... lolz. Im a very good follower of samsung frm d begining, i love their gadgets. .Nobody is critisin, maybe u should refresh ur head, wat d topic of dis thread is.

Ur super Story is futile. we dont even Know d point of ur arguement. Fact still remains. s4 has no significant diff. frm s3. chikina.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by frgy1: 3:25pm On Mar 28, 2013
@rainmaker
Dude, give it a rest, you have no point

Something as 'simple' as being able to operate your phone with gloves on could sway a lot of non-geeks to the S4, how much more of the other features the S3 will never have?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by Bawss1(m): 4:32pm On Mar 28, 2013
Now if we were talking about the iPhone 4 and 4S maybe, just maybe, this line of argument that there is no significant difference between models would hold some ground. cheesy
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:16pm On Mar 28, 2013
Note to self.

Never ever engage this type on NL ever.

Jeebus, Nucca keeps repeating the no difference mantra and cannot cite just one fact to support it

even visually, setting them side by side you would have to be suffering extreme myopia not to recognize the difference.

anyways i don't blame u. afterall we had people tell us that a GS 1 and an Iphone were so similar that one could mistake them for the other
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by mavtrevor(m): 5:18pm On Mar 28, 2013
interesting....are we still discussing same topic?

Cant we discuss without using abusive words on one another? The basis of an argument is to teach and learn right? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, instead of making your point with insults try saying something reasonable, its your point against mine right?

So lets argue like civilized people. The topic is quite an interesting one and has made Google #1 for this topic.

My position on this is already known, i never said S4 isn't a nice device but i won't be having an upgrade just for the new features which my S3 will soon get via update. In less than a year an S5 will be here again and we will start all over again...i just dont think there is a significant difference between both phones for me to go for an S4, most people will buy S4 outta trend and not cos they can really see any differences.

Wait a few months from now and see what an S3 can do....
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by rainmaker12(m): 5:45pm On Mar 28, 2013
mavtrevor Tankz 4 ur manners. @ 4ller, note i said SIGNIFICANT diff.
Camera - 8mp -13mp/ added sensors.....slighly Seen to human eyes...

Display - 4.8inch 720p - 5.0inch 1080p.......Not overwhelming

Battery - 2100-2600....... usage matters

P.Chip - Quad core Vs Octa Core.........Same visible speed in processing

Others - 1Gb ram Vs 2gb ram,infrard.........

Are These SIGNIFICANT? 70% of d Features ll b available via custom roms nd 3rd Party apps. Wat den is d use.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by frgy1: 6:45pm On Mar 28, 2013
mavtrevor: interesting....are we still discussing same topic?

Cant we discuss without using abusive words on one another? The basis of an argument is to teach and learn right? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, instead of making your point with insults try saying something reasonable, its your point against mine right?

So lets argue like civilized people. The topic is quite an interesting one and has made Google #1 for this topic.

My position on this is already known, i never said S4 isn't a nice device but i won't be having an upgrade just for the new features which my S3 will soon get via update. In less than a year an S5 will be here again and we will start all over again...i just dont think there is a significant difference between both phones for me to go for an S4, most people will buy S4 outta trend and not cos they can really see any differences.

Wait a few months from now and see what an S3 can do....

WOW, so your S3 is going to get a 4 inch screen via update? An infrared sensor on the top and one in front to detect your hand gestures , a bigger battery, a 4 inch screen you can operate with gloves too? Even a faster processor, a larger RAM, and a 13 megapixel camera will all be sent to you via updates
What a lucky guy you are smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by mavtrevor(m): 7:14pm On Mar 28, 2013
frgy_:

WOW, so your S3 is going to get a 4 inch screen via update? An infrared sensor on the top and one in front to detect your hand gestures , a bigger battery, a 4 inch screen you can operate with gloves too? Even a faster processor, a larger RAM, and a 13 megapixel camera will all be sent to you via updates
What a lucky guy you are smiley

And how significant are those features you just mentioned? Yu wont even notice the difference between photos taken from both phones with your ordinary eye. So cos a phone is bigger with 2" makes it cool to go for?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:17pm On Mar 28, 2013
see talk o. na Samsung go give those updates or xda?

so xda na average user thing?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by frgy1: 7:53pm On Mar 28, 2013
mavtrevor:

And how significant are those features you just mentioned? Yu wont even notice the difference between photos taken from both phones with your ordinary eye. So cos a phone is bigger with 2" makes it cool to go for?

May I ask what update you are looking to get on your S3?

I hope you know that the most significant of those features you are eyeing are actually hardware dependent
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by rainmaker12(m): 7:59pm On Mar 28, 2013
Chillax nd undstnd. I said 70% of s4 Features. how Can u upgrade Hardware via OTA? and dats majorly D CAMERA..... Galaxy Note camera, nexus camera was all ported 2 s3 nd various other Android fones,..... s4 wont b d last!

We Live in a world of hackers nd snackers. y ll a flashing literate(s) like us buy new phones with Same Hardware evry year, Softwares nd programs Have gone way far than all that. Xcept Google closed Its Source code, never ll we buy Software upgraded phablets, xcept deres a better hardware.

Thats y i like htc hd2, d Most versertile mobile device. 2009 Windows phone capable of runing and. 4.2.2, Not many win 6.5 Can do dat.

D point im making s dat tech literate wont bulge over mere Software upgraded fones, since older versions Can b hacked................credit goes to d XDA DEVELOPERS...(one love)

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:18pm On Mar 28, 2013
and to your mind the average user that u claim should not bother to upgrade is a xda member comfortable with flashing and messing with unstable firmware?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by jedisco(m): 10:42pm On Mar 28, 2013
@mavetrevor and rainmaker

I still don't know why it's so hard for you guys to specifically list the differences the 'average user' will notice between the S2 and S3. It's not so hard you know.

At least we can start dissecting your rubbish from there.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by rainmaker12(m): 10:57pm On Mar 28, 2013
Y is it dat u cant read well, u know more bout firmwares,bootloader,Rom,cwm,partion,Radio,magldr....odin, recovery Manager, DAF...etc.

Y u still bordered by mere little upgrades more of Software? like i said above...ITS FOR DUMMIES who dnt Know d meaning of d afore mentioned flashing properties....
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by jedisco(m): 9:41am On Mar 29, 2013
And what exactly do all those things you mentioned have to do with hardware?

What I'm trying to say is that if I follow your skewed logic, then I can easily say that the differences between GS and GS2, or GS2 and GS3 are all negligible which of course is false.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by rainmaker12(m): 10:44am On Mar 29, 2013
Software oriented, s3 Hardware s still uptodate. to hell s4. mayb s5 ll bring smetin meaningful..
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by jedisco(m): 11:45am On Mar 29, 2013
rainmaker12: Software oriented, s3 Hardware s still uptodate. to hell s4. mayb s5 ll bring smetin meaningful..

I see....
Just one more question for you. When did you get your S3?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by mavtrevor(m): 4:21pm On Mar 29, 2013
Rainmaker i totally agree with you....dont see any much difference to buy S4 jo...I am only wondering what S5 will look like. End of story!
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by claycares: 7:52pm On Mar 29, 2013
*Eye scrolling*
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by Nnamsco4real: 11:26pm On Mar 29, 2013
Na wah!! Lack of money no good. Please, if you just got an s3, don't bother upgrading if you don't have extra cash to throw on s4. But for learned working men to introduce a phone and clearly states the 'big difference' is not foolish. S4 is worth upgrading to. Please stop criticizing. S4 must still sell market.....

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by mavtrevor(m): 7:58am On Mar 30, 2013
Yu will be totally mistaken if your mind cant be objective enough to know we aint talking about money here....
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by rainmaker12(m): 11:17am On Mar 30, 2013
dont mind him, whos talking of money. If we can get s3 at d peak of its release (expensive) wat s s4. Interest matters, can u buy another s3 wen u have one already? even if u have d money, u wont! y?

same goes here, I dont have interest for s4 cos I see no 'gadamn' reason to upgrade. only those deceived by ad. ll b unstable. Softwarrically speaking.....no need for it.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by mavtrevor(m): 1:47pm On Mar 30, 2013
Softwarrically speaking?....bha ha ha ha ha am laughing in latin
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by rainmaker12(m): 3:39pm On Mar 30, 2013
u understand na grin
no laff my coinalism o............. jst for fun
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by mavtrevor(m): 1:22am On Apr 01, 2013
I get it....just joking though...
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by Rhaspody(m): 9:08am On Apr 01, 2013
galaxy s4 has many hardware changes compared to s3.
screen resolution full hd(1080p) display with 441 ppi
new snapdragon 600 quad-core processor clocked at 1.8 ghz(depending on model)
improved camera (13 mp)
adreno 320 gpu which surpassed the one in s3
longer battery life.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by ginoherbert: 12:40pm On May 30, 2013
Yes, I think you are right. I have Galaxy S3 and I don’t see any point to run after galaxy S4.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by Nuel01(m): 1:22pm On May 30, 2013
Pls can sm1 tell me hw much samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 cost nw because sm1 told me dat its abt 49k in samsung shop nw n jumia says 53k. I want 2 get one immediately. Tanx guys.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by ginoherbert: 11:53am On Jun 25, 2013
See the difference is not really that much in-terms of performance. for me S4 is just a bigger name.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by Emisco1(m): 2:31pm On Jun 25, 2013
TECNO ALL D WAY.DS WULD STOP D CONTROVERCY.U KAN CRUCIFY ME*tongue out*D NEW TECNO W7.UPDATOR,PLAYSTATION 3 EMULATOR,SOLAR PANEL BODY. DREAM
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by niceeric(m): 8:01pm On Jul 12, 2013
Now I really don't understand wat all d fuss am seeing here is about. .....I totally agree with d poster who said d S4 should av been called d S3s cos really who needs an octa core processor dat only works as a quad core and d other cores as recessive cores? they say wen d device is stressed they come in and ask wen does d device ever get stressed? when playing games I'd rather play on my laptop with 4gb graphics memory cos they look really 'babyish' on d mobile device? dat and many more is enough to let's know dat d so called upgrades are too close to call between both devices......my take is S to S2 was a great improvement, S2 to S3 was even a greater one bt S3 to S4 not enough improvement to make a budget plan for d hardware upgrade

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone / Screenshot Your Home Page And Lockscreen / How To Stream Live Football Matches/latest Movies On Your Iphone (xbmc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.