Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,455 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 (25613 Views)

Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again / SCARY VIDEO CLIP: Why You Shouldn't Buy A Hoverboard!!! / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by niceeric(m): 8:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
PS.....if Samsung continues to change some components on PCbs, add a little more glass and cover them up in dsame cheap plastics they use as aesthetics for their devices, then it would b too bad to call dem upgrades......I'll call dem 'pocket exploitations' lol
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by goldentechsforu: 11:49am On Jul 14, 2013
To see a perfect review of samsung galaxy s4 use this thread - http://goldentechsforu..com/2013/06/samsung-galaxy-s4-review.html
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by Valto(m): 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2013
deleted
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by benson3788(m): 11:45pm On Aug 04, 2013
rainmaker12: wit all These so called Suppliments, Wat is d significant changes in speed n camera? Sensor no sensor, cpu no cpu, GPU no gpu, camera no camera, screen no screen, are these changes major? U cant even distinguise between them, if Not screen size. These changes arent enormores so abandon s3 4 s4. xcept u want it 4 luxry. S2 to s3 we saw big difference. Yes! its worth d upgrade..... Major Feature arent drastically upgraded. Wich s processor,camera,ppi nd overall physical look. If u cant tell speed diff. nd camera quality, y d upgrade. s4 camera Feature r just dere to confuse d public. We take better pics wit our s3 too witout dose features, so..... y waste d cash............ If Not for TRENDS. ('IM using d latest'), notin more.

Serious, I think the OP is right to some extent. Although, it is enough for an upgrade, but the so called upgrade is obviously not noticable, except for the hardware components, such as the IR blaster, sensor, upgraded camera, screen size & battery capacity.

Don't even think the S3 will match the S4 in the next software upgrade. My S3 envies the S4... Will get it soon
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by Deblow: 2:35am On Aug 05, 2013
He who wears the shoe knows where it pinches. You cannot possibly get used to a phone or know all the features of it by merely reading the abstract on the net, via adverts or just picking a friend's phone and running ur fingers on it for a few seconds or even minutes. You need to actually own the device urself. You've got to own a SGS3 and S4 for a detailed, objective and credible comparative analysis of the two powerful devices. I own both and by virtue of that I believe I am in a good stead to speak authoritatively on both and with my vast experience in phone use. To compare S4 with S3 is to say the least a gross mismatch. comparing S4 with SG Note 2 would have been a bit more appropriate (becos I own this device too). S4 is light years ahead of S3 in every sense of the statement and that is the reason I desperately want to sell off my s3 to use only the note 2 and s4. The 2Gig RAM, 13 megapix camera, increased battery power, screen clarity and many other innovative features of the S4 can NEVER be replicated in the S3 variety via a mere upgrade or software update. Except someone is telling me that u can update nokia asha to function exactly like the lumia variety thru same update!
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by Overlord999(m): 6:12am On Aug 05, 2013
Well I have used both. But to be honest s4 doesn't really feel better than s3. But I did like the camera software on s4. Specs aren't everything, its the real world performance that counts. If I where you I would wait to see you what note 3 offers
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by Overlord999(m): 6:27am On Aug 05, 2013
Deblow: He who wears the shoe knows where it pinches. You cannot possibly get used to a phone or know all the features of it by merely reading the abstract on the net, via adverts or just picking a friend's phone and running ur fingers on it for a few seconds or even minutes. You need to actually own the device urself. You've got to own a SGS3 and S4 for a detailed, objective and credible comparative analysis of the two powerful devices. I own both and by virtue of that I believe I am in a good stead to speak authoritatively on both and with my vast experience in phone use. To compare S4 with S3 is to say the least a gross mismatch. comparing S4 with SG Note 2 would have been a bit more appropriate (becos I own this device too). S4 is light years ahead of S3 in every sense of the statement and that is the reason I desperately want to sell off my s3 to use only the note 2 and s4. The 2Gig RAM, 13 megapix camera, increased battery power, screen clarity and many other innovative features of the S4 can NEVER be replicated in the S3 variety via a mere upgrade or software update. Except someone is telling me that u can update nokia asha to function exactly like the lumia variety thru same update!
S3 and note 2 are almost Identical in specs, I don't know why ur trying to imply dat note 2 is way better. Stop giving pple false ideas.
Also ur Last sentence was full wit ignorance. So d difference between s3 and s4 is lyk comparing asha(dumbphone) and lumia. Wtf

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by benson3788(m): 10:36pm On Aug 05, 2013
frgy_:

WOW, so your S3 is going to get a 4 inch screen via update? An infrared sensor on the top and one in front to detect your hand gestures , a bigger battery, a 4 inch screen you can operate with gloves too? Even a faster processor, a larger RAM, and a 13 megapixel camera will all be sent to you via updates
What a lucky guy you are smiley
Don't mind him... I wonder why people think trash
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by benson3788(m): 9:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
Anyone who wishes to sell his s2 or s3 shld contact me.. Plz..
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by benson3788(m): 1:00pm On Aug 08, 2013
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by kel2me(m): 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
looking for a place to buy d s4 in uk used wit d accessories nd a clean 1,,.. I knw of d hub in ikeja, but i'm nt sure .... Any ideas please?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 by Deblow: 4:27am On Sep 10, 2013
Overlord999:
S3 and note 2 are almost Identical in specs, I don't know why ur trying to imply dat note 2 is way better. Stop giving pple false ideas.
Also ur Last sentence was full wit ignorance. So d difference between s3 and s4 is lyk comparing asha(dumbphone) and lumia. Wtf
Thrash! ur ignorance now stares u in the face! So becos u own only s3, even s4 is no match to it? I was actually referring to pple like u who would just read thru a site to get a phone's spec or pick up a friend's phone and run their fingers thru it and later come here to blab the theories. Do u own s3 and s4 together? It is sheer ignorance that will make u submit that s3 that has a ram of 1gig is almost the same as note 2 with a ram of 2gig, let alone the higher screen size and resolution, the pen technology and the rest! Even ur mere mention of the word "almost" is a clear indication of ur confusion. So a yr old boy and 2-yr old boy are almost the same in development? Then that "almost" is what makes the difference as long as u can not remove it. U talk carelessly of upgrade! How do u upgrade ur s3 to have and use the pen? I advise u upgrade ur knowledge first! Gawd!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone / Screenshot Your Home Page And Lockscreen / How To Stream Live Football Matches/latest Movies On Your Iphone (xbmc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.