Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,464 members, 7,843,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). - Jobs/Vacancies (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). (299824 Views)

Aluminium Smelter Company Of Nigeria (alscon) Vacancy / Amcon( Asset Mtg Company Of Nig.) Is Recruiting Fresh Graduates / Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) Jobs And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Heisalive: 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2013
Seyi Godspower: The bulb would not glow until the negative terminal of the battery is also earthed. Current flows from the negative terminal of a battery to the positive terminal. The direction of conventional current flow which is from positive terminal of the battery to the negative terminal is wrong. In the case above, when d negative terminal of d battery is earthed, current i.e electrons will flow from d negative terminal to d earth and from d earth to d wire connected to d bulb which you have already earthed.Current will then flow from d bulb to d positive terminal of d battery through d other wire which you have already connected to d positive terminal of d battery

Thumb-up!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by wallex1983(m): 1:00am On Dec 06, 2013
Its a good thing to have gotten TCN, especially when one doesn't have any job yet. But in all honesty, getting tcn shouldn't be †ђξ ultimate goal of any of us. Career Path..... Yes. Very good. But if only properly managed. I tell you tcn iڪ good, but if tcn doesn't take you, disco and gencos are there. Very interesting sections I tell you. And they even pay more. Salary isn't †ђξ main thing actually, but its important too. For now, tcn salary isn't worth it. Disco and genco might even be more cos its private. And there are also opportunities of development there too. I even see many of us pulling out for discos soon, except if sometin iڪ done abt †ђξ pay urgently. So I appeal to my friend Wale and all that tcn isn't nothing to envy at all. There are better things ahead.

Perhaps I shuld say this: Not all of us will become CEOs in †ђξ power sector. Even those that are going in now, som of us have a max number of years we want to spend before we upgrade into better things. Its just a matter of goal setting.

For someone like me, despite my small training within †ђξ sector, I never resigned my job. Even up till now I've not. Even with all these post-ponings, I'm tempted not to resign for tcn again. Just that my going into tcn isn't for †ђξ money but for †ђξ experience and plan for my life. Usually, if I can't get my current salary from any job I'll do,
At least I shuldn't go below 100k. Tcn won't give 100k to Officer 2 (at least for a start). But I don't mind †ђξ considerably appreciable salary drop for career plans.

Bottomline, have a set goal of what you want to achieve. Be driven by your goal and not what job you get. Let's stand for sometin so we don't fall for nothing or for anytin.

3 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by dahaz(m): 11:51am On Dec 06, 2013
what still baffles me is that uptill now no 1 is able to state the exact monthly take home pay for TCN
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by omooba25: 12:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
@wallex1983 pls hw do I contact you or can u drop ur email if dats OK by you.thnks
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by mstpee(m): 1:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
wallex1983: Its a good thing to have gotten TCN, especially when one doesn't have any job yet. But in all honesty, getting tcn shouldn't be †ђξ ultimate goal of any of us. Career Path..... Yes. Very good. But if only properly managed. I tell you tcn iڪ good, but if tcn doesn't take you, disco and gencos are there. Very interesting sections I tell you. And they even pay more. Salary isn't †ђξ main thing actually, but its important too. For now, tcn salary isn't worth it. Disco and genco might even be more cos its private. And there are also opportunities of development there too. I even see many of us pulling out for discos soon, except if sometin iڪ done abt †ђξ pay urgently. So I appeal to my friend Wale and all that tcn isn't nothing to envy at all. There are better things ahead.

Perhaps I shuld say this: Not all of us will become CEOs in †ђξ power sector. Even those that are going in now, som of us have a max number of years we want to spend before we upgrade into better things. Its just a matter of goal setting.

For someone like me, despite my small training within †ђξ sector, I never resigned my job. Even up till now I've not. Even with all these post-ponings, I'm tempted not to resign for tcn again. Just that my going into tcn isn't for †ђξ money but for †ђξ experience and plan for my life. Usually, if I can't get my current salary from any job I'll do,
At least I shuldn't go below 100k. Tcn won't give 100k to Officer 2 (at least for a start). But I don't mind †ђξ considerably appreciable salary drop for career plans.

Bottomline, have a set goal of what you want to achieve. Be driven by your goal and not what job you get. Let's stand for sometin so we don't fall for nothing or for anytin.
...... Wallex1983 u be correct man.... U go skul.... Nice one.. Well written, ders nuffng more to say than to jst add that "i concur"......
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by wallex1983(m): 1:58am On Dec 07, 2013
dahaz: what still baffles me is that uptill now no 1 is able to state the exact monthly take home pay for TCN

May I just say. An SM in an old nepa facility said total take home iڪ abt x2 of basic. That baffles me but it has an element of truth. How do I mean? I'm aware that in †ђξ old PHCN, som officer 2 don't get up to 80k, som abt 90k and som a little change above 100k. †ђξ reasons behind †ђξ disparity iڪ what I've not been able to solidly unravel. But I'm sure that pple in power stations are entitled to certain PS allowances that may not be there in disco. Disco may have their own scale for allowances too. And again, †ђξ hazard allowance for an operator (who enters †ђξ switch yard) isn't supposed to be †ђξ same with an HR person of same level..... All these aren't concrete enof cos I don't really have figures. So I don't want to be quoted until I have verified details or perhaps when we get begin to get alerts *laughs*

But again, Manitoba should know better that I won't want to stay in tcn for long if they pay me 120k and private investors in disco or genco pay 180-220k. Motivation iڪ key!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by agaj4life(m): 5:21am On Dec 07, 2013
wallex1983:

May I just say. An SM in an old nepa facility said total take home iڪ abt x2 of basic. That baffles me but it has an element of truth. How do I mean? I'm aware that in †ђξ old PHCN, som officer 2 don't get up to 80k, som abt 90k and som a little change above 100k. †ђξ reasons behind †ђξ disparity iڪ what I've not been able to solidly unravel. But I'm sure that pple in power stations are entitled to certain PS allowances that may not be there in disco. Disco may have their own scale for allowances too. And again, †ђξ hazard allowance for an operator (who enters †ђξ switch yard) isn't supposed to be †ђξ same with an HR person of same level..... All these aren't concrete enof cos I don't really have figures. So I don't want to be quoted until I have verified details or perhaps when we get begin to get alerts *laughs*

But again, Manitoba should know better that I won't want to stay in tcn for long if they pay me 120k and private investors in disco or genco pay 180-220k. Motivation iڪ key!

Point of Correction ! Bro . Did u know up to now some of this private sectors hasn't pay salary yet?

To me i should rather work for state government than this so called Private Disco and Genco. I thank God for been at Tcn.....

This is one of the thing that is dragging 9ja back. You shouldn't have applied ,since you have a well paid job. Now you block pps like ogunwale,authentic 2013 and others opportunity who has no job for hand. .....TCN should do something ooo.... This work is for eligible and fresh Graduate, pps that has less concern to the Monthly take home.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by wallex1983(m): 7:04am On Dec 07, 2013
agaj4life:

Point of Correction ! Bro . Did u know up to now some of this private sectors hasn't pay salary yet?

To me i should rather work for state government than this so called Private Disco and Genco. I thank God for been at Tcn.....

This is one of the reason that is dragging 9ja back. You shouldn't have applied ,since you have a well paid job. Now you block pps like ogunwale,authentic 2013 and others opportunity who has no job for hand. .....TCN should do something ooo.... This work is for eligible and fresh Graduate, pps that has less concern to the Monthly take hoMe.

**smiles** I have only presented som facts that I seem to have, and mind you, I said I don't want to be quoted, and you quoted me. I don vex for you o. But really I guess its my last paragraph that you are angry with. No vex. †ђξ tone read speculations really. Not everyone iڪ driven by money sha o. I don't recall saying money iڪ †ђξ ultimate. But I said its a motivation.
I know quite a number of friends leaving their jobs for tcn cos of career development (which I'm part of if you read my posts). Many of these guys will be having pay cut.

But again, its all abt planning for one's life. †ђξ day you start a new project, career path or any endeavour, goals are to be set. It will always guide and guard you.

Ultimately, No vex sha. But that I got tcn..... That one no be my fault o. Na God. I was prepared for it also sha by training. *smiles*
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Quodragoals(m): 7:15am On Dec 07, 2013
walex and agaj, you guys are just making my present moment a fun, thank you guys.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by omooba25: 9:10am On Dec 07, 2013
@wallex1983 am still awaiting ur response as per my request.thank you
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by wallex1983(m): 9:25am On Dec 07, 2013
omooba25: @wallex1983 am still awaiting ur response as per my request.thank you

Just click on my username and send me a message. Even if it iڪ a blank message. That's all
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 10:46am On Dec 07, 2013
Documentation and assumption of duty first.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by dahaz(m): 11:00am On Dec 07, 2013
wallex1983:

thanx man u said it all...i jst hope the pay is good cos for me motivation is money and nothing else
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Japkelly(m): 7:01pm On Dec 07, 2013
Just passing by...So this TCN job never start. Ha! Well you guys own good ooh...if I may say this Immigration job fit start up before the TCN job.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by DesAutomation: 9:03am On Dec 08, 2013
wallex1983:

Gud talk my broda pls dnt mind dose quotin u,wat I want 2 b sure is dat,on d day of documentation dey re go 2 give us d full run down of d total packages i.e basic,all d allowances,benefits etc.frm dere u can knw ur total ake home @ d end of d month nt d appointment letter dey jst gave wit jst basic salary?I really wan 2 b sure b4 leavin my present job,am goin 2 TCN because career growth bt I stil nid 2 money 2 make it come true,I knw TCN can't pay me like my present job bt it shud b atleast a little bit close 2 it nt far below otherwise I nor go take d offer oooo! LOLZ.gud job guyz kip it up I luv u all !!!!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by DesAutomation: 11:34am On Dec 09, 2013
Gud talk my brodas n sistas in d house,I want 2 b sure if on d day of documentation dey re go 2 give us d full run down of d total packages i.e basic,all d allowances,benefits etc.frm dere u can knw ur total ake home @ d end of d month nt d appointment letter dey jst gave wit jst basic salary?I really wan 2 b sure b4 leavin my present job,am goin 2 TCN because of career growth bt I stil nid 2 money 2 make it come true,I knw TCN can't pay me like my present job bt it shud b atleast a little bit close 2 it nt far below otherwise I nor go take d offer oooo! LOLZ.gud job guyz kip it up I luv u all !!!!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ogunwale01: 11:45am On Dec 09, 2013
@aga4life, u ar too funny o. who told u dat authentic2013 is nt holding TCN appointment leta? and 4 ogunwale01, he blivs dat "it is nt over until it is over" hope is still very much alive 4 him. @walex1983, 4 me o, i cherish FG job so much, more dan any other job.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by agaj4life(m): 11:54am On Dec 09, 2013
ogunwale01: @aga4life, u ar too funny o. who told u dat authentic2013 is nt holding TCN appointment leta? and 4 ogunwale01, he blivs dat "it is nt over until it is over" hope is still very much alive 4 him. @walex1983, 4 me o, i cherish FG job so much, more dan any other job.

I too respect FG-job than any other job.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by DesAutomation: 12:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
agaj4life:

I too respect FG-job than any other job.

Y?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by agaj4life(m): 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2013
DesAutomation:

Y?

There are alote of reasons ؛‎ FG don't sack there workers any how like the way Some private sectors do. at the End of Each year FG promote it workers by atleast one stage....there are many reasons bro which only time will tell. Pals we Have Big opportunity lets Hold it tight, again tight....... It is Blessing From God. Let us Thank Him once again.

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by DesAutomation: 2:58pm On Dec 09, 2013
agaj4life:

There are alote of reasons ؛‎ FG don't sack there workers any how like the way Some private sectors do. at the End of Each year FG promote it workers by atleast one stage....there are many reasons bro which only time will tell. Pals we Have Big opportunity lets Hold it tight, again tight....... It is Blessing From God. Let us Thank Him once again.
Yes bro I agree wit u,bt wat abt dis PHCN & TCN staff dey re payin off nko?I dnt understand can smebody explain dat 2 me! secondly I heard dat d 1 @ d top ve 2 move up b4 d 1 @ d down ll also b move up,in terms of money I ve stay in lag on my own jst me alone more dan 5yrs nw n I knw d cost of living dere n wat I pass tru,witout gud payment hw ll sme1 survive xpecially nw am planin marriage! bros if u knw anytin abt d money abeg explain 2 me b4 I finally make my decision,frankly I can't continue wit private firm even if d money is dere,I nid time 2 pursue other tins in life bt I also nid d money 2 make it real
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by penny4urtots: 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2013
U guys should take a chill pill,who cares if you resigned or did not,or whether they will pay you 180k or not,u haven't even started working yet,and you are claiming rights.instead of you all with all humility be asking God to touch their hearts @ tcn,ure here telling us about gencos n shit.u no see genco before you apply for Tcn,and those of you talking bout salary rights,I shake my head for yall...this is a case of counting your chicks before it has even hatched...Humble yourself and know that not all fingers are equal,its every man for himself..no come here dey spread,Job wey u never even start..don't get me started abeg abeg abeg

2 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Man4honors: 10:36pm On Dec 09, 2013
[quote author=penny4urtots]U guys should take a chill pill,who cares if you resigned or did not,or whether they will pay you 180k or not,u haven't even started working yet,and you are claiming rights.instead of you all with all humility be asking God to touch their hearts @ tcn,ure here telling us about gencos n shit.u no see genco before you apply for Tcn,and those of you talking bout salary rights,I shake my head for yall...this is a case of counting your chicks before it has even hatched...Humble yourself and know that not all fingers are equal,its every man for himself..no come here dey spread,Job wey u never even start..don't get me started abeg abeg abeg

Nice thoughts!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 2:14am On Dec 10, 2013
penny4urtots: U guys should take a chill pill,who cares if you resigned or did not,or whether they will pay you 180k or not,u haven't even started working yet,and you are claiming rights.instead of you all with all humility be asking God to touch their hearts @ tcn,ure here telling us about gencos n shit.u no see genco before you apply for Tcn,and those of you talking bout salary rights,I shake my head for yall...this is a case of counting your chicks before it has even hatched...Humble yourself and know that not all fingers are equal,its every man for himself..no come here dey spread,Job wey u never even start..don't get me started abeg abeg abeg
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 2:15am On Dec 10, 2013
penny4urtots: U guys should take a chill pill,who cares if you resigned or did not,or whether they will pay you 180k or not,u haven't even started working yet,and you are claiming rights.instead of you all with all humility be asking God to touch their hearts @ tcn,ure here telling us about gencos n shit.u no see genco before you apply for Tcn,and those of you talking bout salary rights,I shake my head for yall...this is a case of counting your chicks before it has even hatched...Humble yourself and know that not all fingers are equal,its every man for himself..no come here dey spread,Job wey u never even start..don't get me started abeg abeg abeg
I wonder o. Money money money everytime. Documentation is still there, assumption of duty is there, all these casual postponements everyday is there. We never consider them necessary for discussion. We were told the unpaid staff are d ones delaying us and whether they have now been paid or not, nobody cares to verify. About 15 engineers were recruited from my state less than three weeks ago in what I can describe as the cheapest recruitment I have ever witnessed. They were taken to Kainji for a two- week training. Now they have been posted to the GENCOS and DISCOS depending on their individual choices. I met one of them on d street about 3 days ago who explained everything to me. Ours is going to months now without even a documentation not to talk of resumption and we are here crying wolf about salary packages. Maybe some of us have been earning money where they have not worked. I think we should be more concerned about resumption infos. And to those who claimed they resigned their highly paid job for this job, instead for you to be grateful to God and to the Fed Govt for avoiding long leg and man-know-man in this recruitment, the first of its kind in the history of Nigeria, you are here grumbling. Even though you have the right to apply for any job, some qualified people didn't get this job and they are not working anywhere, you may probably be d ones that prevented their chances. Abeg let's learn to be grateful and to be following event as it unfolds. Documentation first, resumption of duty and then money. That's the sequence.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ogunwale01: 4:35am On Dec 10, 2013
It's now we're arriving where we're going, GENCOS and DISCOS just employed15 Engineers from each state and NUEE didn't protest. Why TCN then? @least fed govt still owe gencos n discos staffs aswell. Wake up pls! ...lol Don't mind me, i think those Engineers ar meant 4 NIPP gencos and discos.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Abraham581: 6:30am On Dec 11, 2013
Hmm TCN if jobs were easy geting,mayb almost half of us would av luk 4 a new wrk n when u ppl choose to resume,u wud av conducted a fresh recruitment

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by denfason: 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
Seyi Godspower: I wonder o. Money money money everytime. Documentation is still there, assumption of duty is there, all these casual postponements everyday is there. We never consider them necessary for discussion. We were told the unpaid staff are d ones delaying us and whether they have now been paid or not, nobody cares to verify. About 15 engineers were recruited from my state less than three weeks ago in what I can describe as the cheapest recruitment I have ever witnessed. They were taken to Kainji for a two- week training. Now they have been posted to the GENCOS and DISCOS depending on their individual choices. I met one of them on d street about 3 days ago who explained everything to me. Ours is going to months now without even a documentation not to talk of resumption and we are here crying wolf about salary packages. Maybe some of us have been earning money where they have not worked. I think we should be more concerned about resumption infos. And to those who claimed they resigned their highly paid job for this job, instead for you to be grateful to God and to the Fed Govt for avoiding long leg and man-know-man in this recruitment, the first of its kind in the history of Nigeria, you are here grumbling. Even though you have the right to apply for any job, some qualified people didn't get this job and they are not working anywhere, you may probably be d ones that prevented their chances. Abeg let's learn to be grateful and to be following event as it unfolds. Documentation first, resumption of duty and then money. That's the sequence.
It is the same money minded people that is delaying our resumption, it is true FG run organisation lack efficiency the more reason they dont make profit, one shld be careful of this money minded people. folks we are going to work let talk more of what the work entails and how to equipped our self on the task ahead.
Please what is Manitoba doing at the moment? do they have contract running cos in the news l read senate is looking into the contract why not befor now.Things are just too slow in naija.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Obibillion: 5:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
Any information on the resumption date pls.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Abeyrasaq: 8:04am On Dec 12, 2013
Obibillion: Any information on the resumption date pls.
i text maddam yesterday concerning the postponement and resumption this is her responsed"don't wrry ,you will soon start work your issue is at the front burner"

2 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Quodragoals(m): 8:24am On Dec 12, 2013
Abeyrasaq: i text maddam yesterday concerning the postponement and resumption this is her responsed"don't wrry ,you will soon start work your issue is at the front burner"
Could you please make it clearer, which madam?

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Abraham581: 8:46am On Dec 12, 2013
Gods willing 2weeks 4rm now,we will get a text from TCN and wen dat happen no further postponment.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (86) (Reply)

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.