Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Please Advise,am I Been Enslaved Or Am An Ingrate? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advise,am I Been Enslaved Or Am An Ingrate? (1562 Views)

A Friend Is About To Tender His Resignation Tonight Please Advise / My Boss Nags Each Time Its Time To Pay Salary. Please Advise Me. / Enslaved To An Indian Company By "Service Bond" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise,am I Been Enslaved Or Am An Ingrate? by Ceede: 9:51pm On Mar 25, 2013
Here's my story; before the end of my service year,i tried all i could do,spoke with my immediate boss to help fight for me to be retained cos the company have a policy of not retaining corpers and after all effort i was offered a contract job for a very short period of 6 months,during the first month my salary was not paid until the second month in which the 2 months was paid together and to my shocker my boss said i should please borrow him the whole money that he will return it as soon as he gets paid from somewhere else,meanwhile i needed the money to urgently sorts outstanding bills and a small project i was doing,when it seems he was not going to fulfill his promise of paying back as agreed despite telling him how urgent i needed the money,the issue almost led to a cold internal beef between us cos i begged his very closest friend to help me talk to him that i needed the money urgently....before this time as a corper he usually does somethings for me too financially/materially,and he also borrows my small salary/alawi too and will return it in splits but i had no qualms with that.Periodically i also give him good gifts
My contract expired and after a very long period of been jobless,he helped me fight back to get back again with another short contract period and some days before my first salary drops,he's already asking me to borrow him about 80% of my salary again to be paid back when he gets money he's expecting,meanwhile before now i explained to him somethings i wanted to do with the cash-everyone has a plan for whatever u earn no matter how big or small the money is.
1. My concern is,he's going to continue borrowing money from me and give me whenever he like,he will be doing and achieving things for himself but i can't do anything till he pays me.
2. If i complain or try to talk to him,it will seem am an ingrate and don't appreciate his efforts or help.
3. For Christ sake am a growing young man that needs to plan and build my life too,if i continue to be in this situation how will i achieve anything.
4.Do u think he's taking advantage of me or trying to enslave me?
5.What do u advise me to do in this situation,because if i try to do anytin he will take offense and no matter what happens between both of us today whether good or bad,people around us will never see any wrong in him,they will feel am just an ingrate(Naija mentality) after all he helped me secured the job.
6. I don't mind if he wants me to settle him for helping me get a job but he's not coming out straight.
7. Or do you think am actually an ingrate?
#Please your matured,sincere and objective response are highly needed.
Re: Please Advise,am I Been Enslaved Or Am An Ingrate? by rezzy: 10:15pm On Mar 25, 2013
When it gets to the middle of the month or there about like 20th, start complaining about money stuff, like i need money to do one or two thingz, infact ask him to borrow you that u want to pay ur sibling school fees. He will definately not ask you money at the end of the month except he is wicked.
Re: Please Advise,am I Been Enslaved Or Am An Ingrate? by gunpoint(m): 6:27am On Mar 26, 2013
Bros, is dis company a pure water factory dat ur boss is needin ur salary all d time?
Seriously ur boss is a greedy bascard and u r nt an ingrate. If I were u, I wuld rada nt wrk @ all dan practice dis ur monkey wrkn, barboon choppin movie

1 Like

Re: Please Advise,am I Been Enslaved Or Am An Ingrate? by AjanleKoko: 3:53pm On Mar 26, 2013
gunpoint: Bros, is dis company a pure water factory dat ur boss is needin ur salary all d time?
Seriously ur boss is a greedy bascard and u r nt an ingrate. If I were u, I wuld rada nt wrk @ all dan practice dis ur monkey wrkn, barboon choppin movie

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Please Advise,am I Been Enslaved Or Am An Ingrate? by taioluv: 10:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
@ceede pls follow rezzy advice and talk say ur enemies papa or family dey sick sef,dem say ur landlord wan ssend u out of his house just dey complain about moneey and be showing it in ur manner,it will work

Which kain boss u get sef he is greedy man,whho fit fraud d company sef wt dat his greedy way,mtschewwww
Re: Please Advise,am I Been Enslaved Or Am An Ingrate? by kokoA(m): 1:22pm On Mar 29, 2013
Which kind company be dis one wey oga @ the top no get shame' jus dey borrow borrow money so..E be like say d company itself go soon fold-up sef. Start looking for another job now!
Re: Please Advise,am I Been Enslaved Or Am An Ingrate? by Fiver: 3:02pm On Mar 30, 2013
#
Re: Please Advise,am I Been Enslaved Or Am An Ingrate? by gunpoint(m): 10:58am On Mar 31, 2013
AjanleKoko:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bros put 4 fp 4 dis guy na tongue

(1) (Reply)

How To Celebrate Your 18th Birthday / Skills That Create Job- List Your Own Here! / When Is D Best Time To Join The Nigerian Army?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.