Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,886 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities (14796 Views)

Rebecca Chinyelu-Chukwuanukwu (UNIZIK) Wins Unesco Prize In Geneva / South African Universities / University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by agabaI23(m): 8:38pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tolexander: UNIZIK thank your star that OAU that use to be 2nd to none in Nigeria wasn't in the competition.
Honestly, you will be celebrating like Burkina Faso in the last edition of the nations' cup football tournament.

http://www.aapg.org/iba/region_africa.cfm
Check the schools that participated and give honour to whom honour is due.

University of Western Cape 8th in Africa, 1073rd in the world; OAU is 14th in Africa and 1511th in the world.

Just checked only one.

Give credit and remember this is for Nigeria not a section of Nigeria
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Kulas: 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
Thats my Alma Mata!!.Congrats to:All Zikites,all the lecturers,my HOD then Dept.of EEE and my Dean.All Awka Indigenes-Eke Awka,Nise,Nibo,Nnofia,Amudo,Ifite,Amansea,Okpuno,etc.I miss you all!!!.

3 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Seekeroftruth: 8:48pm On Mar 27, 2013
When they will release there ranking, they wil rate Nigerian University low
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Tolexander: 8:49pm On Mar 27, 2013
lawak:

..used to be is the word. I getam before nobi property....they should read hard and qualify for next year. Kudos to all Great Zikites!!!
you had better removed your pair of glasses. Where did you see 'used' to be?
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2013
Nnamdi Azikiwe Univ. My great alma mater.
Big shout out to all fellow alumni
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by agabaI23(m): 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tolexander: you better remove your pair of glasses. Where did you see 'used' to be?

Did you see this?

agabaI23:

University of Western Cape 8th in Africa, 1073rd in the world; OAU is 14th in Africa and 1511th in the world.

Just checked only one.

That your school is the best overall does not mean they are the best in every area. UNIZIK is better than your superiors in this case
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tolexander: UNIZIK thank your star that OAU that use to be 2nd to none in Nigeria wasn't in the competition.
Honestly, you will be celebrating like Burkina Faso in the last edition of the nations' cup football tournament.
Oya, Inside!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by MaziOmenuko: 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2013
Greatest Giants!

Proud Alumni. The school of the moment!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Maranzano(m): 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2013
This is a great feat by the GIANTS. I salute the students who represented for their hardwork. Kudos to Prof Onwuemesi and other lecturers who coached them on the use of Petrel.This is a cheerful news from Nigeria in recent times. The team deserves something from the Alumini. The world await your conquest. We hail the African Geoscience reps. Unizik my Unizik!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by MaziOmenuko: 8:58pm On Mar 27, 2013
Okija_juju: But that school is a shithole?! shocked shocked

I am very very surprised..

Board the next dana flight to Aluu. If the flight don't kill you, the community surely will grin
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2013
lawak: ..used to be is the word. I getam before nobi property....they should read hard and qualify for next year. Kudos to all Great Zikites!!!

Tolexander: you better remove your pair of glasses. Where did you see 'used' to be?

Funny that you don't seem to get it. Your initial post used the syntax: "use to be". Mr. Lawak is only educating you that the correct syntax is "used to be".

You conveniently avoided my questions.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by genlion: 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2013
That is what happens were average schools go to a competition. u need thank your stars that Great ife was not in that competition. I can beat my chest that OAU geology student would have finished all the contestant even if the likes of oxford and cambrigde were there.A one man eye is a king in the midst of the blind.Greatest ife

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by mondob2k(m): 9:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
I`m a double champion. B.Eng (NAU Awka)M.Eng FUTA... hehehehe
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by osymerga(m): 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
Am proud to be a giant. Great illya du hammer rep. Remembering the days Prof Ilochi okafor(SAN),Ikoro,yellow man,obiadada R.I.P,Makavilli etc. I so much missed and love that school......

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by boron10(m): 9:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
genlion: That is what happens were average schools go to a competition. u need thank your stars that Great ife was not in that competition. I can beat my chest that OAU geology student would have finished all the contestant even if the likes of oxford and cambrigde were there.A one man eye is a king in the midst of the blind.Greatest ife
Empty Barel makes the loudest noise. Yoruba people nor go keep quiet sha. Una too dey boast. Someone will soon come and tell us that Electrical Electronic department LAUTECH is the best in Naija Uni solely because students hardly graduate with 2.1 in the department.

Another one will come and tell us that MAPOLY has the best MASSCOM school in Naija when the graduates find it difficult to construct a good sentence.

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by fdiva(f): 9:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
Wow, I'm proud to be a product of Unizik. Didn't know I have SO MUCH of my fellow graduates from unizik here in NL.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2013
sauer: The only reason this can be true is because some Ikemba was on the panel grin tongue
Unilag didn't win it? I don't believe the story. Source? cool
Unilag(maulag) na numba one for fashion and τ̲̅ȍ flex with their papa motor.But for book them never start!!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by tjmc: 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2013

All these boasting termites sef
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Ferdinandu(m): 9:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
All these people making noise that their Alma mater is not there.The obvious thing is that your school didn't even get through the qualifying round,so all of you should shut up ,you all failed woefully.Proud to be a Giant
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
osymerga: Am proud to be a giant. Great illya du hammer rep. Remembering the days Prof Ilochi okafor(SAN),Ikoro,yellow man,obiadada R.I.P,Makavilli etc. I so much missed and love that school......
wow!! Una plenty here o!What of Ken chyke,Voltron,Obino BCH,Okey anti cult,Kupa?
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by boron10(m): 9:28pm On Mar 27, 2013
f diva: Wow, I'm proud to be a product of Unizik. Didn't know I have SO MUCH of my fellow graduates from unizik here in NL.
Do you have a job now? That is the main koko
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
boron10:
Do you have a job now? That is the main koko
Giants don't look for jobs,We create jobs!!!

3 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Yseone(m): 9:38pm On Mar 27, 2013
Who are these ingreats? Am a GAINT,a ZIKITE....proud of my alma-mata....Remember,a GAINT iz ahead of you.....GREAT UNIZIK!!!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Tolexander: 9:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
agabaI23:

Just checked only one.

why can't you give the position of UNIZIK that won the competition in the african and world universities ranking?
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Titony1(f): 9:41pm On Mar 27, 2013
Congrats to UNIZIK n ma Alma mater FUTA "Technology for Self Reliance" grin

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Chartey(m): 9:44pm On Mar 27, 2013
bestview:

Yet another crap. Keeping think while others are excelling. Which schools are 'big school'? Unilag, unibadam, unilorin, unical are all first generation unis in Nigeria. Which other school remain?

The fact is that UNIZIK is the embodiment of intelligence and excellence which Rt. Hon. Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, the first President of Nigeria stands for.
Unilorin, Unical first generation schools? See, bring ur head lemme knock u.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Tolexander: 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
boron10:
Empty Barel makes the loudest noise.
TU QUOQUE!

Barrel!
Not barel!
O ya say it!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by agabaI23(m): 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tolexander: why can't you give the position of UNIZIK that won the competition in the african and world universities ranking?
It is not necessary. Is it? The point of the positions I gave is to tell you that your University comes behind those that participated and were still defeated by the lowly ranked UNIZIK. The fact that they are lowly ranked makes the victory more special to those concerned.

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Chartey(m): 9:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
barr.chy:
The Giants hav added yet anoda feather to their cap! Proudly a Giant!

On the other news the universities in ghana and kenya where Nigerians have been spending so much to get 'foreign' certificate all flunked out!

They didn't participate. The competition wasn't attractive enough for them
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Tolexander: 9:54pm On Mar 27, 2013
NeoTesla:
..used to be is the word. I getam before nobi property....they should read hard and qualify for next year. Kudos to all Great Zikites!!!

you better remove your pair of glasses. Where did you see 'used' to be?

Funny that you don't seem to get it. Your initial post used the syntax: "use to be". Mr. Lawak is only educating you that the correct syntax is "used to be".

You conveniently avoided my questions.
you are daft! Can't believe there are some people in this modern day that doesn't know the difference between used to and use to.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by pastormmadu(m): 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2013

Ƨ̣̇̇ø what made tђє "almighty" gr8 Ife absent fяø̲̣m tђє competition...don't yσυ think they a̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ε̲̣ not even qualified to grace tђє competition
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by boron10(m): 10:11pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tolexander: TU QUOQUE!

Barrel!
Not barel!
O ya say it!
Barrel cool. I was typing fast

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sexual Harassments And The Cabals In Nigerian Universities / Photos: School Activities Resumes At The University Of Maiduguri / UNN Student Who Claimed Unfair Treatment By His Supervisor, Clears The Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.