Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,076 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities (14778 Views)

Rebecca Chinyelu-Chukwuanukwu (UNIZIK) Wins Unesco Prize In Geneva / South African Universities / University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by whitedolphine(m): 7:11pm On Mar 27, 2013
Am proud to be a Zikites
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by eldoc2003(m): 7:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
aryzgreat: Great Unizik!

Pride of the state and of our nation!

Fountain of Knowledge and of wisdom!

Source of our hope and confidence!

Where freedom through education we gain!

With reverence we honour you!

Our Unizik! Our Unizik!

where we learn Discipline, Self reliance and excellence!

Great Unizik! We do hail you! We do hail youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Greatest! Giants! Great!

Am a proud alumnus of Graet Unizik!, Representing Wilderness faculty (Engineering). we rock! D uni of choice wia 5 yrs is spent for 5 yrs course without ASUU strike! Kudos ma alma mater!
So on point, UNIZIK is the best

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by bestview: 7:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tolexander:

i understand what your real problem is!
And it is understanding!

What is in UNIZIK that can make me breed hatred for it! Mtchew

What is your own this yaroba amala infested local champion. Come out of that rural state called oshun so that you can see light and excellence.

Why are you arguing blindly when you know that the yaroba university oau couldn't even qualify to be part of the competition in the first place.

Its the only Nigerian schools that qualified the prelimnaries that could participate. Of which your juju and goddes studying university OAU couldn't qaulify. A school where they use yeroba language as an official language to lecture students. I have always rated FUTA over and above oau

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by BarryX(m): 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
And my first degree school participated!!! What was their position? Geoinformatics department wasn't that bad then though.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by 10over101: 7:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tolexander: UNIZIK thank your star that OAU that use to be 2nd to none in Nigeria wasn't in the competition.
Honestly, you will be celebrating like Burkina Faso in the last edition of the nations' cup football tournament.
Crap!!! best 8 univs in naija were shortlisted after several local exams....Keep dwelling on Old Stories
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Mavor: 7:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tolexander: UNIZIK thank your star that OAU that use to be 2nd to none in Nigeria wasn't in the competition.
Honestly, you will be celebrating like Burkina Faso in the last edition of the nations' cup football tournament.
True talk. OAU has a really good and intensive Geology dept. Kudos to Zikites.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by malaria(f): 7:27pm On Mar 27, 2013
aryzgreat: Great Unizik!

Pride of the state and of our nation!

Fountain of Knowledge and of wisdom!

Source of our hope and confidence!

Where freedom through education we gain!

With reverence we honour you!

Our Unizik! Our Unizik!

where we learn Discipline, Self reliance and excellence!

Great Unizik! We do hail you! We do hail youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Greatest! Giants! Great!

Am a proud alumnus of Graet Unizik!, Representing Wilderness faculty (Engineering). we rock! D uni of choice wia 5 yrs is spent for 5 yrs course without ASUU strike! Kudos ma alma mater!
Bros u still dey remember wilderness, then u were in d school during pita Éjiofor or ilochi okafor's regime as VC.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Tolexander: 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2013
10 over 10: Crap!!! best 8 univs in naija were shortlisted after several local exams....Keep dwelling on Old Stories
local exam indeed!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by BarryX(m): 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2013
For the record, Geo-sciences is sort of a congregation of various disciplines that deals with the earth, they include Geography, Geo-informatics, Geology etc. Those of us thinking Geology is the only geo-science should take note .
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
‎u r a loser!!!!2.2 in Unizik is equivalent τ̲̅ȍ 2.1 in ur school!!

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by lawak: 7:32pm On Mar 27, 2013

..used to be is the word. I getam before nobi property....they should read hard and qualify for next year. Kudos to all Great Zikites!!!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by manny4life(m): 7:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
lawak:

..used to be is the word. I getam before nobi property....they should read hard and qualify for next year. Kudos to all Great Zikites!!!

That is the "KEY WORD" that I'm trying to draw him on that made him start the comparison, he still doesn't get it. I cannot help him anyway.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Gratia(f): 7:37pm On Mar 27, 2013
YES! My Great Alma mata!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Chartey(m): 7:38pm On Mar 27, 2013
The competition hasn't gained the kind of popularity that will attract the big schools. Let the African big boys come first then we shall see. I don't know UNIZIK much but ABU geology is so strong. I thought UNILORIN geology was strong too. What happened?
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Soso990240(m): 7:41pm On Mar 27, 2013
chabiks: dem get luck say UNIBEN no go
shut up joor..who stopd uniben frm going? Una VC?
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by boron10(m): 7:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
I'm sure if this same competition is Organized among Nigerian Uni, Unizik won't be in top 5
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Vlyrics: 7:45pm On Mar 27, 2013
Wow.... Saw it on twitter, can to nairaland to confirm... I rep unizik all d way.. We ave brilliant student no doubt, i knw a guy who got 5:00 gp in his first year, he practically 'a' 10 courses.. Wen i dey beg 4 just 4:00.. Unizik all d way..
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
@Tolexander, you claim OAU used to be second to none. I do not know what your sources are but let's assume this is true. How does the former great OAU affect the intellectual levels of the current OAU undergraduates? How did you manage to compare the current OAU geosciences undergraduates with those of UNIZIK and then arrive at the result that the former are better? You answers would be well appreciated.

BTW, do you consider yourself a bigot?
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
I am tired of hearing award this award that about Nigeria. They should start inventing something important and stop being bookish!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by bestview: 7:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
Chartey: The competition hasn't gained the kind of popularity that will attract the big schools. Let the African big boys come first then we shall see. I don't know UNIZIK much but ABU geology is so strong. I thought UNILORIN geology was strong too. What happened?

Yet another crap. Keeping think while others are excelling. Which schools are 'big school'? Unilag, unibadam, unilorin, unical are all first generation unis in Nigeria. Which other school remain?

The fact is that UNIZIK is the embodiment of intelligence and excellence which Rt. Hon. Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, the first President of Nigeria stands for.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by babymama3: 7:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
How impressive
So some good news can still come out of Nigeria?
Something to put a smile on the faces of Ndi Anambra even as NdiIgbo mourn the loss of the father of modern African literature

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Shynumuolu(m): 7:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
Awo can be 4 d west; bello 4 d north; unn can claim to be 4 nigeria! Zik is for Africa!
Unizik.......Giants!!

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 27, 2013
I apologize for not congratulating them first before making my first comment.

However, Congratulations!!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by bestview: 8:03pm On Mar 27, 2013
boron10: I'm sure if this same competition is Organized among Nigerian Uni, Unizik won't be in top 5

Because una go use politics, federal character and quota system to award marks to one amala university and another uni in the north that specilise on training boko students.

Now that Americans and other external bodies that conducted the test, the best has emerged from East as the university for Africa-UNIZIK of Africa

4 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Xeroz: 8:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
Proud alumnus of Unizik.......My greatest Alma mater....Always representing
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by NoQualms1(f): 8:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
Chartey: The competition hasn't gained the kind of popularity that will attract the big schools. Let the African big boys come first then we shall see. I don't know UNIZIK much but ABU geology is so strong. I thought UNILORIN geology was strong too. What happened?

Make I hear word abeg. All geoscience courses are tough in most schools. Congrats to Unizik and FUTA.

#Proudly Futarian
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by sanandreas(m): 8:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
Am proud to be geoscience student
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
THIS IS BULLSHIT!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO FUTOITES. THE REAL GIANT OF AFRICA
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by saemmanuel(m): 8:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
Greatest Futarian
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by oliidell(m): 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
Great Geologists!
Great Giants
Kudos for reppin Naija.

Don't mind dem haters...some r saying "...if to say cameroun & Egypt qualify, naija no for carry Nations cup"...me I'm asking "na me say make dem no qualify?". Truth is, many Nigerian institutions are living in d past.

Proudly Zikite.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by babymama3: 8:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
[size=18pt]All these backyard schools sha
Great Lions and Lionesses!!!![/size]

"To restore the dignity of man"
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by barrchy(f): 8:37pm On Mar 27, 2013
The Giants hav added yet anoda feather to their cap! Proudly a Giant!

On the other news the universities in ghana and kenya where Nigerians have been spending so much to get 'foreign' certificate all flunked out!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Learn Akwa Ibom language and it's English Translation / Afe Babalola Rejects 120 Cut-off Mark For Nigerian Universities / Photos: School Activities Resumes At The University Of Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.