Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,524 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? (11468 Views)

The Culture Of Wedding Ring And Its Meaning In Nigeria / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / How Often Do Your Wear Your Wedding Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by ifyfaith: 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2013
Temismith: To me, d ring is a kinda connection betwn me and husband! Anytime i look @ it, it reminds me dat, even though we are far apart, we still have somtin binding us together apart from love... I love and cherish it. I wear it cos its a jewelry on its own. And its always beautiful.

GBAM......seconded. Am still so passionate abt it,
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 26, 2013
Baba Oyo: Jeffizy....I guess this marriage thing still dey shak you well well.
Okay ooo....no problem!!
@topic....there is no importance I attach to rings. A faithful man will be faithful with or without a ring & a promiscuous man will be wayward with or without a ring. Shikena!!!
Oko Iyawo tutun....Mo like e joor

Abeg Let Jeff dey shak dey go oh! grin that's the spirit! some men are bored already, it's a good sign grin

Kabiyeesii ohh grin mo yika otun osi oh!
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by jeffizy(m): 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2013
The ring is for binding of two people , a sign of commitment and a reminder of the vow that was taken. If u are not wearing it and you should,then, i dont know why you have it. #personalthought#
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by og12(f): 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
Am so so passionate abt my wedding ring,d ring I wedded wit was nt Gold dough, but we changed it to Gold following week after our weddin.since 4yrs nw I hv nt had reasons to remove it frm my finger,no matter wot am doing wit my hands.it still glitters reminding me of hw much my marriage glitters wit lov,peace,understandin and Gods divine wisdome to manage our union without 3rd party....besides my ring beautifies my finger*winks*

1 Like

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Ninilowo(m): 5:17pm On Mar 26, 2013
Very passionate! I hardly remove it even when sleeping. It has become my trademark since I got married some years ago.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by moscobabs(m): 5:27pm On Mar 26, 2013
jeffizy: Mine is still fresh and it is still making me feel good. But i notice some people dont have their wedding ring on their finger after one or two years in a marriage.
Is wearing of the ring over-rated? I remove mine when i wanna sleep or get my hands in greasy stuffs.
What importance do you attach to your own wedding ring?
I did my wedding November last year, i wore it till the end of the year which is December last year,since then i have not wear it.because Im a RCCG member and the church did not use ring to hook us but the bible.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by megareal: 5:31pm On Mar 26, 2013
Its no biggie to me. I often forget to wear it if I take it off. That doesnt mean I'm not enjoying my marriage.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by aadetoyin(f): 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2013
jeffizy: ^^^ I like the passion madam. May you never see the ring and have regrets. Amen.

AMEN! Same to u bro! cheesy
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by aadetoyin(f): 5:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
Chrisbenogor: Biko clarify which ring you mean

The Engagement Ring
The Wedding Ring
or
The SUFFER-Ring grin grin grin

Egbami which one be suffer ring again.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by aadetoyin(f): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2013
xynerise: If I mistakenly look at my wedding ring in my office, the flashback of our first date will come to my memory and I will always go home early that day. I dont joke with it. I have disappointed a lot of ladies with it on several occassions grin

God bless u jare
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by aadetoyin(f): 5:43pm On Mar 26, 2013
toluxa1: you people claiming you still have it should post pictures, let us see now

Aha! U haff fex. Abi u wan use style pick ur own wedding ring.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by BabaOyo(m): 5:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
jidegirl12:

Abeg Let Jeff dey shak dey go oh! grin that's the spirit! some men are bored already, it's a good sign grin

Kabiyeesii ohh grin mo yika otun osi oh!
Yeye Oba of Oyo Land.......I hail you o.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by fitzmayowa: 5:55pm On Mar 26, 2013
Imanuelle:

*clears throat**

Oya, also tell us about the times u stylishly slipped it outta ur finger.. smiley smiley grin

Abi your wife dey follow u for nairaland?
shhhh...his wife is watching ooo grin

1 Like

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Mcfemad(m): 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
Hmmm. Mine wasn't funny. I removed it while in the car, immediately we left the church. Interestingly, I love seeing it on my wife 24/7. Its one thing that stimulates my s** feelings!winkwink
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Fhemmmy: 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2013
Mcfemad: Hmmm. Mine wasn't funny. I removed it while in the car, immediately we left the church. Interestingly, I love seeing it on my wife 24/7. Its one thing that stimulates my s** feelings!winkwink

Ojoro man, you removed yours, maybe if you put it back on, MIGHT stimulate madam as well . . . so try it and you will give thanks to Fhemmmy Motos

1 Like

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Tatian(f): 8:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
Imanuelle:

Aunty, na simple question op ask º°˚.
C all d textbook wey u quote.. :º°˚
We already know all these things...
Let's just focus on the ring, and not the happiness.

My sister I know knw say u sef see am . I tire ooo

1 Like

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by coputa(m): 8:26pm On Mar 26, 2013
Passionate about your partner or a mere wedding ring that symbolises engagement,its just a piece of metal,what matters most is to be a source of support and inspiration to your partner not just flaunting it around when there is no peace and happiness at home.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
Tatian:

My sister I know knw say u sef see am . I tire ooo

I be guy Oh... grin
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by mafolayomi(f): 8:56pm On Mar 26, 2013
jeffizy: ^^^ I like the passion madam. May you never see the ring and have regrets. Amen.
amen and me too IJN
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by bukatyne(f): 9:40pm On Mar 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Ojoro man, you removed yours, maybe if you put it back on, MIGHT stimulate madam as well . . . so try it and you will give thanks to Fhemmmy Motos

Na Fhemmy or Fhemmmy motors give advise?

Oya na, poster wears ring and stimulate madam
Madam do wella n over jollificate poster
He decideth to buy a car for madam @ Fhemmmy motors...

Abeg poster, take to FM's advice and start spotting ya ring!
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by komek(m): 9:41pm On Mar 26, 2013
greatgod2012: I think im going to be different here, wedding ring on or not, happiness in marriage is the koko.

Does putting on wedding ring guarantee faithfulness in marriage? No!.......... I have seen and known several married men/women with their wedding rings on, who are chronic infidels.

Does putting on wedding rings always signifies happiness in marriage? No!?.......i have seen so many married men/women who are always with their rings, but are not happy in their marriages.

Does putting on wedding rings rule out abuses in marriages?......No!.......i have seen married men with his wedding ring on who beats his spouse blue black, even with the rings on and i've seen a woman who asked her hubby..."abi nitori ring osi yii lo se nrope o ti niyawo?"(is it because of this useless ring that is making you think you have a wife).

I can go on and on, but personally, i think putting on wedding ring is a personal interest, it does not change the person who is wearing it, to me, its just an indication that one is married, so, im not addicted to it, if i forget to wear it when going somewhere, i dont think about it for once b4 i get home, my happiness and success in marriage is what is paramount to me.

As for my hubby, he hate rings, he only used it for just 6months, b4 he told me that, even that 6months, its because of the respect he has for me, he thought i would be annoyed if he didnt use it, but that does not make him an infidel, or an abuser, hes the type of man i can marry over and over and over again, hes better than a man who put on the wedding ring always and still do things that are morally and maritally unacceptable.
Meanwhile, not all who put on wedding rings are unfaithful or abusers, i just shared my own opinions about it, those who are upright or happy or succesful in their marriage are not so because they are either putting on their wedding rings on or not, its their personal decision, which rings do not play any part on.
May God help us all.

The question the OP asked was HOW PASSIONATE ARE U ABOUT WEEDING RINGS.
All these ur plenty write was not the reason he asked that. Pls always stick to the topic.

2 Likes

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by OperaMini1(m): 9:52pm On Mar 26, 2013
So used to mine, that I feel so incomplete when am not wearing it.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Mrsmansson(f): 10:42pm On Mar 26, 2013
My own problem is rare.I get over stuffs easily no matter how cute they looked at the time of purchase.my marriage is barely 2years and I have changed mine twice,for now I don't put on my ring.I have never really seen any ring I would love for so long.

1 Like

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by aadetoyin(f): 10:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
Mrs mansson: My own problem is rare.I get over stuffs easily no matter how cute they looked at the time of purchase.my marriage is barely 2years and I have changed mine twice,for now I don't put on my ring.I have never really seen any ring I would love for so long.

Really! I hope u married a jeweler Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo

1 Like

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Fadheelah(f): 11:48pm On Mar 26, 2013
Some1 should come aπϑ put a Ring on this Damn Finger, promise not to slip it off ma finger.

2 Likes

Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by repogirl(f): 1:15am On Mar 27, 2013
For me, its just a piece of Jewelry, most times I forget to wear it. Only remember it when I'm goin for an occassion and I need to dress up. I love my husband and cherish my marriage with or without the ring.

p.s. I also stare at it and admire it.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by jeffizy(m): 4:34am On Mar 27, 2013
Fadheelah: Some1 should come aπϑ put a Ring on this Damn Finger, promise not to slip it off ma finger.
In due time Fad.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by biolabee(m): 6:27am On Mar 27, 2013
komek:

The question the OP asked was HOW PASSIONATE ARE U ABOUT WEEDING RINGS.
All these ur plenty write was not the reason he asked that. Pls always stick to the topic.

dude... she is free to write ona public forum and you are free to read or wakapass
I enjoyed her write up because really wearing ring is not a standard of marital upstanding

Some of my senior broses say the ring even attracts the chic flicks their way LOL
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by miccodb(m): 8:51am On Mar 27, 2013
I cherish it so much that I stash it away in its box to prevent it from getting contaminated with daily chores and activities!
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 27, 2013
Not taken mine off since my hubby put it on almost ten yrs ago.
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by AjanleKoko: 10:25am On Mar 27, 2013
Not even sure where mine is. grin
Re: How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 27, 2013
AjanleKoko: Not even sure where mine is. grin

Surprise surprise. My hubby lost his' within a week. I kept it after I found it and sometimes we both wear it as a pendant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Couples Crying During Wedding... Why? / Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? / Please Advise! Heavy Menstrual Period!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.