Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,750 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) (14300 Views)

AWKA: The Worst State Capital In The East Not Abakiliki / Northerner Slizes Boys In Abakiliki For Testing Suya Not Paying(pics+eyewitness) / Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by billante(m): 2:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
The benefits of the nearly completed Enugu-Bamenda Multinational Highway are already being felt by populations on both sides of the Cameroon-Nigeria border.

The 443 km long Bamenda–Enugu corridor comprises the Cameroonian Bamenda-Mamfe-Ekok road sections (203 km), the Nigerian road sections (240 km), the bridge over the Munaya River in Cameroon (100 m) and the border bridge over the Cross River (280m)

"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnXCfCA0p9A"

4 Likes

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by EkoAtlantic: 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2013
East ko ni baje ooo

8 Likes

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Goddex: 3:25pm On Mar 26, 2013
I enjoin every lover of this country to watch this video.
Incidentally, I drove on this road two weeks ago from Enugu and could not believe my eyes.
Serious work is still going on between Enugu and Abakaliki though but the Abakaliki to Cameroon axis is wonderful.
The construction company did a wonderful job (CCECC or so.)

Shame on our local media - Punch, Nation, Sahara Reporters & Premiumtimes.
Foreign media will keep disgracing them this way.
Aligning with the opposition parties to run down the government
is all they know how to do best. For almost three weeks now all we've been fed by our
local media is Alamiesegha, Alamiesegha and Alamiesegha.

The local press is heavily politicise and will hardly report very many positive
developments across the country - interstate highways, powerplants, Federal Universities projects,
airports remodelling, teaching hospitals etc

39 Likes

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by musiwa22: 3:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
Cameroon own bakassi, not nigeria from this video.

when you go to cameroon, the way the alphabet are written is different.
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by OkparaIgbo: 3:43pm On Mar 26, 2013
Fantastic development. GEJ Carry go jare, you have the support of most progressive Nigerians

9 Likes

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by omonnakoda: 4:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
Great inititiative.The potential for agricultural development and trade between both countries is immense.

Thanks to the ADB African Development Bank for this project!!

The project, which was co–financed by the African Development Bank, the World Bank and the Japanese International Co-operation Agency, is targeted at increasing trade and strengthening co-operation between Cameroon and Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Goddex: 4:42pm On Mar 26, 2013
Fresh Air!!!
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by eastOFwest(m): 5:42pm On Mar 26, 2013
Just noticed that the sections of road shown in Cameroun look far more superior to the sections in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by billante(m): 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
eastOFwest: Just noticed that the sections of road shown in Cameroun look far more superior to the sections in Nigeria?

Dats not true!
Most of nigerian side is being dualized especially from enugu side and towards abakiliki side while d cameroun side is not.
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
omonnakoda: Great inititiative.The potential for agricultural development and trade between both countries is immense.

The project, which was co–financed by the African Development Bank, the World Bank and the Japanese International Co-operation Agency, is targeted at increasing trade and strengthening co-operation between Cameroon and Nigeria
Here they go again. Haters doing what they know how to do best. These haters should have known by now that some of us are EVER READY to throw their LIES back at their face. For those who tell LIES, if they cannot help but tell LIES, they can atleast tell believable LIES.

Anyway, for those interested in the TRUTH, the links below provide details about the project:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/federal-roads-fg-to-refund-n350bn-to-states/
http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201202080545.html/?maneref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fm%3Fq%3DEnugu-abakiliki-cameroun

For those who do not have the patience to read the entire report, below is an important quote from both reports:

"Onolememen explained that the collaboration between the World Bank and Federal Government in financing the project at a ratio of 9:1 respectively was imperative and represented the way forward for all critical infrastructure, in line with the Federal Government’s policy of promoting partnership with multilateral and private sector financiers"

4 Likes

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by omonnakoda: 6:58pm On Mar 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Here they go again. Haters doing what they know how to do best. These haters should have known by now that some of us are EVER READY to throw their LIES back at their face. For those who tell LIES, if they cannot help but tell LIES, they can atleast tell believable LIES.

Anyway, for those interested in the TRUTH, the links below provide details about the project:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/federal-roads-fg-to-refund-n350bn-to-states/
http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201202080545.html/?maneref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fm%3Fq%3DEnugu-abakiliki-cameroun

For those who do not have the patience to read the entire report, below is an important quote from both reports:

"Onolememen explained that the collaboration between the World Bank and Federal Government in financing the project at a ratio of 9:1 respectively was imperative and represented the way forward for all critical infrastructure, in line with the Federal Government’s policy of promoting partnership with multilateral and private sector financiers"
Gentleman You don't know me from anywhere do you ? why are you calling me a hater? Hater of whom ? If you think my view is incorrect state yours? perhaps you mistake me for those you engage in mudslinging or personal abuse. Please do not try that with me because it will DEFINITELY derail and close the thread. All "on top " a road ,you call me a hater? Are you really OK?

For the record whatever road the Minister is talking about at a cost of 9.7 billion naira in collaboration with the World Bank is a different one from this one which cost 64 billion and is funded mainly by the ADB in collaboration with the World Bank and Japan.

Surely 500km of road does not cost 9.7 billion naira does it? Certainly not the way the FG have been charging us!!

The Minister is talking about rehabilitation?? Is this Highway about "REHABILITATION"

The ADB is using a different contractor China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC)
not SETRACO

and the agreement with the FG was they(FG) would rehabiltate an already existing road which would be linked to the Highway. That is estimated at 5% of the cost. Cameroun will also pay 5% of the cost

That is what Setraco is doing. If you follow the video you will see significant quality difference in the Sertraco work where they did not even paint mark the road
http://allafrica.com/stories/201006220156.html

The road was started in June 2010 by the ADB so no one should try to make political capital out of a project whose feasibility studies were done nearly 10 years ago and initiated NOT by Nigeria but the ADB

2 Likes

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 26, 2013
^ you clearly have never built a road.
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 26, 2013
billante: The benefits of the nearly completed Enugu-Bamenda Multinational Highway are already being felt by populations on both sides of the Cameroon-Nigeria border.

The 443 km long Bamenda–Enugu corridor comprises the Cameroonian Bamenda-Mamfe-Ekok road sections (203 km), the Nigerian road sections (240 km), the bridge over the Munaya River in Cameroon (100 m) and the border bridge over the Cross River (280m)

"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnXCfCA0p9A"
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 26, 2013
Nice,but they should have separated the road to make a line for each way...this road is too small for the kind of trucks I saw..we don't want road accidents.
Also the problem with Africa is maintenance, I hope they will maintain and upgrade it.
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 26, 2013
omonnakoda:
Gentleman You don't know me from anywhere do you ? why are you calling me a hater? Hater of whom ? If you think my view is incorrect state yours? perhaps you mistake me for those you engage in mudslinging or personal abuse. Please do not try that with me because it will DEFINITELY derail and close the thread. All "on top " a road ,you call me a hater? Are you really OK?

For the record whatever road the Minister is talking about at a cost of 9.7 billion naira in collaboration with the World Bank is a different one from this one which cost 64 billion and is funded mainly by the ADB in collaboration with the World Bank and Japan.

Surely 500km of road does not cost 9.7 billion naira does it? Certainly not the way the FG have been charging us!!

The Minister is talking about rehabilitation?? Is this Highway about "REHABILITATION"

The ADB is using a different contractor China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC)
not SETRACO

and the agreement with the FG was they(FG) would rehabiltate an already existing road which would be linked to the Highway. That is estimated at 5% of the cost. Cameroun will also pay 5% of the cost

That is what Setraco is doing. If you follow the video you will see significant quality difference in the Sertraco work where they did not even paint mark the road

The road was started in June 2010 by the ADB so no one should try to make political capital out of a project whose feasibility studies were done nearly 10 years ago and initiated NOT by Nigeria but the ADB
wrong analogy
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by omonnakoda: 7:33pm On Mar 26, 2013
chiover: wrong analogy
Do you know the meaning of Analogy? I doubt it wink
anyway studying the video I wonder why the quality seems higher on the Camerounian side
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Goddex: 7:42pm On Mar 26, 2013
@Omonnaƙoda,
ADB does not give out free money but financing agreements (loans) as
negotiated by govt. Giving credit to ADB and ignoring Fed govt that made
it happen already expose you as a hater. Stop denying.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
musiwa22: Cameroon own bakassi, not nigeria from this video.

when you go to cameroon, the way the alphabet are written is different.
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by omonnakoda: 7:47pm On Mar 26, 2013
Goddex: ADB does not give out free money but financing agreements (loans)
Again not sure if you know what you are talking about. Cameroun and Nigeria are only paying what is called COUNTERPART FUNDING to the tune of 10%.
Rather than just make pronouncements do a littel research to see who is funding the road. With the Internet is should not take 5 minutes
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 26, 2013
omonnakoda:

not SETRACO

Guy, stop foaming from the mouth. The current minister of works in the links I provided said the project is being executed as a "collaboration between the World Bank and Federal Government in financing the project at a ratio of 9:1 respectively"

The links you yourself provided states:

"Nigeria's Minister of Works, Senator Mohammed Daggash, also disclosed that from the Nigerian side, the programme is being co-financed through a low-interest loan of $161 million from the ADB and part of a credit of $330 from the World Bank. TheFederal Government of Nigeria, hesaid, is therefore contributing 10 percent of the works as counterpart funds"

So whichever way you look at, the project is a collaboration between the FG and private sector financiers. The FG is paying 10% or 1:9 of the project sum.

I had to call you out initially because you wrote as if the FG or the president has no input in the project. The FACT has been laid bare. Hopefully, you can now modify you initial LIES.
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 26, 2013
Goddex: @Omonnaƙoda,
ADB does not give out free money but financing agreements (loans) as
negotiated by govt. Giving credit to ADB and ignoring Fed govt that made
it happen already expose you as a hater. Stop denying.
You'v just made a valid point
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by slimghost(m): 8:05pm On Mar 26, 2013
omonnakoda: Great inititiative.The potential for agricultural development and trade between both countries is immense.

Is that difficult for you to ever laud the GEJ led administration? Why so much hatred? and when you are labelled a "hater" now, you will start complaining. haba!

1 Like

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by asha80(m): 8:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
i just hope the enugu abakiliki axis is being dualized?
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by billante(m): 8:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
@cameroonpride how do dey even embedd video on post? I tried embedding it but couldn't, I just posted d link like that.
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by eastOFwest(m): 8:11pm On Mar 26, 2013
billante:

Dats not true!
Most of nigerian side is being dualized especially from enugu side and towards abakiliki side while d cameroun side is not.

dualization doesn't automatically translate to good quality. The cameroun section clearly shows drainage, road markings, banking etc. Meanwhile, the Nigerian section (I'm sorry) just be like say Dem just lift tarmac from somewhere place am there. It looked very bare and is clearly being used already.

1 Like

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by omonnakoda: 8:12pm On Mar 26, 2013
slimghost:

Is that difficult for you to ever laud the GEJ led administration? Why so much hatred? and when you are labelled a "hater" now, you will start complaining. haba!
You must be a lunatic . If i do not laud him I must hate him? If there is something to laud I will. Unfortunately he has very little input into a project that started in 2008 and is driven by international donors . This is to be celebrated but for GEJ to claim credit will be dishonest.Feasibility studies were completed long ago and it is ADB project .

http://www.afdb.org/en/news-and-events/multimedia/video/nigeria-cameroon-transport-facilitation-programme-for-the-bamenda-enugu-corridor-99/

http://www.afdb.org/en/news-and-events/article/nigeria-cameroon-highway-transport-facilitation-program-on-the-bamenda-mamfe-ekok-abakaliki-enugu-corridor-7484/
If he was so good at building roads show us photos of ANY road he has completed anywhere?
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
billante:

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?[b]feature=player_embedded&[/b]v=KnXCfCA0p9A"
^^^ you erase the bold part

Only paste http://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=knXC****
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by slimghost(m): 8:18pm On Mar 26, 2013
omonnakoda:
You must be a lunatic . If i do not laud him I must hate him? If there is something to laud I will. Unfortunately he has very little input into a project that started in 2008 and is driven by international donors . This is to be celebrated but for GEJ to claim credit will be dishonest.Feasibility studies were completed long ago and it is ADB project .
If he was so good at building roads show us photos of ANY road he has completed anywhere?

Be ready to continue with your ranting and frustrations beyond 2019! What a long time, i feel for you bro! cry cry cry. 6 more years of whining and blind hating.

1 Like

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by omonnakoda: 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2013
slimghost:

Be ready to continue with your ranting and frustrations beyond 2019! What a long time, i feel for you bro! cry cry cry. 6 more years of whining and blind hating.
feel for your father

1 Like

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by DisGuy: 8:26pm On Mar 26, 2013
eastOFwest: Just noticed that the sections of road shown in Cameroun look far more superior to the sections in Nigeria?

I noticed that too, the roads are wider, most importantly imo they have road markings with hard shoulders, and they are already constructing the drainage, unlike the nigerian portion

Good project by the way!
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by omonnakoda: 8:28pm On Mar 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Guy, stop foaming from the mouth. The current minister of works in the links I provided said the project is being executed as a "collaboration between the World Bank and Federal Government in financing the project at a ratio of 9:1 respectively"

The links you yourself provided states:

"Nigeria's Minister of Works, Senator Mohammed Daggash, also disclosed that from the Nigerian side, the programme is being co-financed through a low-interest loan of $161 million from the ADB and part of a credit of $330 from the World Bank. TheFederal Government of Nigeria, hesaid, is therefore contributing 10 percent of the works as counterpart funds"

So whichever way you look at, the project is a collaboration between the FG and private sector financiers. The FG is paying 10% or 1:9 of the project sum.

I had to call you out initially because you wrote as if the FG or the president has no input in the project. The FACT has been laid bare. Hopefully, you can now modify you initial LIES.

tell your mother to stop foaming at the mouth and make sure she does not bite anyone
You read what you wished to read into it. The government of Cameroun/Nigeria are providing 10% for the project . It is an ADB
project. If there is a loan of $161 million and that is 10% then the project costs $1.61 billion. which is false. The project cost is $443 million according to ADB. you are a liar the 161 figure is NOT in your link. Why do you have to falsify things
Take your bullshit home to your mother
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 26, 2013
omonnakoda:

tell your mother to stop foaming at the mouth and make sure she does not bite anyone
You read what you wished to read into it. The government of Cameroun/Nigeria are providing 10% for the project . It is an ADB project.
okay, who gives money to ADB? Do you know the biggest African contributors?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Approves Fresh Probe Into Missing Chibok Girls / 16 Dead in Plateau accident Involving PDP Members, Ayu, Atiku Visit Victims / Wike Summons Emergency Meeting Over Rising Insecurity In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.