Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) (14340 Views)

AWKA: The Worst State Capital In The East Not Abakiliki / Northerner Slizes Boys In Abakiliki For Testing Suya Not Paying(pics+eyewitness) / Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 27, 2013
I dont know why we SS cannot copy our nearest brothers SE, Why cant the East west Road be completed just like this. Give our ppl contracts to build roads they will 1st pocket 85% of the whole contract money. SMH

1 Like

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by ewet: 9:10am On Mar 27, 2013
OkparaIgbo: Fantastic development. GEJ Carry go jare, you have the support of most progressive Nigerians
Silly poo! you did not even bother to knw the origin of the project,who initiated it or when it was initiated and who the implementing agency was.you started praising GEJ.The project was born by a tripatite arrangement btw the ADB,WB and the japanese co-operation for africa.Its obvious you people are so bereft of anythng postive tht you are willing to claim anythng just to giv yourself a face. get alife dude nigerians are wiser and are better informed.
The electricity projects you ve bin claiming was initiated by the obasanjo adminitration,the railways was Yar'adua.

1 Like

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by 360command: 9:15am On Mar 27, 2013
billante:

Did you noticed the impecable english the village woman plantain seller was speaking and she is camerounian! I Was suprised....while the nigerian men were using farm cutlass to tear their english with igbotic accent! grin

brother, you will only see a problem with it when you are a Nigerian and you can feel that igbotic accent as they speak. but as an outsider, they dont hear that igbotic accent all they hear is NIGERIAN ACCENT which is synonymous to the way we all speak it. This is a fact and it happens to me.. not that i have an igbotic accent , its just that i am a Nigerian and when i speak the english, they MUST know that this is a NIGERIAN speaking. this is the same way when i am in Nigeria and i hear a francophone or ghanian speaks the English, all i can say is , you are a ghanian or a foreigner, but if you ask me which tribe(in relation to the foreigner) in particular who speaks the english, I DON'T KNOW.

1 Like

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by hardbody: 9:18am On Mar 27, 2013
billante: The benefits of the nearly completed Enugu-Bamenda Multinational Highway are already being felt by populations on both sides of the Cameroon-Nigeria border.

The 443 km long Bamenda–Enugu corridor comprises the Cameroonian Bamenda-Mamfe-Ekok road sections (203 km), the Nigerian road sections (240 km), the bridge over the Munaya River in Cameroon (100 m) and the border bridge over the Cross River (280m)

"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnXCfCA0p9A"

THis is a nice development. I recall with nolstalgia when my Dad used to talk about the Bamenda - Mamfe trips in the course of his early civil service, i guess then Northern Cameroun was still part of Nigeria. I also remember that my mum used to talk about Bamenda people as if they were usually huge, now seeing the fruit seller, i am begining to relate with all those stories.

On a more serious note, how will this affect immigration on both sides and security? will there be ways of checking influx of people to either side? It will perhaps have implications on national security if there are no steps taken to manage some of these. On the other hand, it does appear that even without the Northern part of Nigeria providing fruits, southwardly, people can survive by relating more with the Cameroun axis through Enugu-Bamenda (i know Ogoja links Benue and all these areas together with Abakiliki et al produce yams massively).

In all, a very wonderful development.
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by AjanleKoko: 9:21am On Mar 27, 2013
The way the GEJ acolytes get all up in any kind of news about 'achievment' is kinda embarrasing sha.
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by slimghost(m): 9:22am On Mar 27, 2013
omonnakoda: feel for your father
grin grin grin Watch your blood pressure boy
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Elai147: 9:24am On Mar 27, 2013
I thank Baba God for this wonderful development and may He bless whoever is funding the project- whether ADB, World bank or the Japanese Inter Co-op. This will definitely be of great benefit to the people of Nigeria and Cameroon.

1 Like

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by SEGAD: 9:25am On Mar 27, 2013
omonnakoda:
Gentleman You don't know me from anywhere do you ? why are you calling me a hater? Hater of whom ? If you think my view is incorrect state yours? perhaps you mistake me for those you engage in mudslinging or personal abuse. Please do not try that with me because it will DEFINITELY derail and close the thread. All "on top " a road ,you call me a hater? Are you really OK?

For the record whatever road the Minister is talking about at a cost of 9.7 billion naira in collaboration with the World Bank is a different one from this one which cost 64 billion and is funded mainly by the ADB in collaboration with the World Bank and Japan.

Surely 500km of road does not cost 9.7 billion naira does it? Certainly not the way the FG have been charging us!!

The Minister is talking about rehabilitation?? Is this Highway about "REHABILITATION"

The ADB is using a different contractor China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC)
not SETRACO

and the agreement with the FG was they(FG) would rehabiltate an already existing road which would be linked to the Highway. That is estimated at 5% of the cost. Cameroun will also pay 5% of the cost

That is what Setraco is doing. If you follow the video you will see significant quality difference in the Sertraco work where they did not even paint mark the road
http://allafrica.com/stories/201006220156.html

The road was started in June 2010 by the ADB so no one should try to make political capital out of a project whose feasibility studies were done nearly 10 years ago and initiated NOT by Nigeria but the ADB

My opinion, I don't see anything wrong in GEJ adnministration to acclaim the glory, since the project was completed during his tenure as Nigeria president. I will also appreciate if the government of GEJ and supporters can also take responsibilities of all other issues like, corruptions, Boko-Haram, unemployment,cabals etc and stop telling us that the problems started during IBB,OBJ,Yaradua.
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by strangest(m): 9:35am On Mar 27, 2013
GEJ 2015.... African Progressive Party abi Amara Plantain Congress, keep dreaming tongue ....
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Godogwu: 9:36am On Mar 27, 2013
So the first woman selling farm produce was earning about $25 a day thats about N4,000 a day and now she earns 5 times the amount because the roads are way better and that's N20,000 a day. Lets assume all days aren't that good, but lets say she gets in N200,000 a month.

Please I'd like to know who actually lives on that $1 or $2 a day BS, like! That woman is a "roadside" seller of farm produce and she can send her kids to school, someone even said university level.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Elai147: 9:38am On Mar 27, 2013
Billyonaire: Uncommon Transformation from GEJ. FreshAir Team, always!

GEJ ?? No man

All the Acolytus and Akolouthos of GEJ- Sorry
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by grafikii: 10:05am On Mar 27, 2013
omonnakoda: Great inititiative.The potential for agricultural development and trade between both countries is immense.

Thanks to the ADB African Development Bank for this project!!

The project, which was co–financed by the African Development Bank, the World Bank and the Japanese International Co-operation Agency, is targeted at increasing trade and strengthening co-operation between Cameroon and Nigeria
so its not an FG project
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by 1MCN: 10:14am On Mar 27, 2013
Fellow compatriots, if it costs just 10% counterpart funding and it does not maount anything to us why then did it cost 10 whole yrs for this to comeby?! I think we should just stop trying to wash away every ingredient in a man's efforts just cos we are not opportuned to be the ones doing it as we had wished. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by ShaksBaba: 10:20am On Mar 27, 2013
I started my carrier and sales representative covering Ogoja and Ebonyi state.

Driving on this road was hell.

Am happy to learn about this development

1 Like

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by billante(m): 10:32am On Mar 27, 2013
Godogwu: So the first woman selling farm produce was earning about $25 a day thats about N4,000 a day and now she earns 5 times the amount because the roads are way better and that's N20,000 a day. Lets assume all days aren't that good, but lets say she gets in N200,000 a month.

Please I'd like to know who actually lives on that $1 or $2 a day BS, like! That woman is a "roadside" seller of farm produce and she can send her kids to school, someone even said university level.

You dey mind them.....I keep hearing that crap of 60 percent of nigerians living on 1 dollar per day from reports and i just cant phantom dat white lie that has been told for so long.....even beggers make at least 7 dollars per day! for christ sake 1 dollar is 160 naira, even a plate of food is sold more than that.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Goddex: 10:35am On Mar 27, 2013
Tusky44: APC & ACN have failed abysmally with their propaganda. Now everyone on Vanguard, Punch, Sun, Facebook, & Twitter refer to them as AMALA and Boko Haram party.

Don't mind them. Their agents are everywhere on nairaland attempting to derail every thread. One in his hate-filled mind was busy praising ADB (a development bank that merely provides funding/loans)as if ADB ever doles out such free money. ADB gave a loan facility to the two countries as part of an agreement to boost trade and cooperation. Both Nigeria and Cameroon will pay back the loans. This is not the first time ADB is funding projects in Nigeria. The Cross River state gov recently got a facility of billions of naira from the same ADB for its water board projects and Tinapa and they are paying back.

1 Like

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by taharqa: 10:43am On Mar 27, 2013
So according to some people ADB and World Bank hv become 'Father Xmas', abi? So ADB and World Bank built and DASHED Nigeria and Cameroon this road?? But sm people are just HOPELESSLY IGNORANT sha...
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by omonnakoda: 10:43am On Mar 27, 2013
We will not allow lies or ignorant clowns to prevail.
The African Development Bank funded this project
http://www.mbendi.com/a_sndmsg/news_view.asp?I=108725&PG=35

and there is no arrangement to pay back the money. There is no need to lie . We are happy for the project whose construction work commenced on the 17th of June 2010 and feasibility studies comleted much earlier but we reject any attempt for the incumbent government to claim credit for the road when they have not been able to complete THEIR OWN roads eg.

East West Road
Port Harcourt Aba Enugu
Benin Sagamu
Lagos Ibadan
the list is endless. How can a government that cannot fix its own road now come and claim what they did not do.

The government was supposed to provide counterpart funding. Rather than put money into a common pool so the Chinese contractor will do the entire project. They insisted on being in control of their own contribution i.e they (FG) would rehabilitate Enugu Abakaliki road at a cost (lacking transparency) that is impossible to verify. They handed the contract to Sertraco. We can observe the quality of the work done. It is a fact that much of the route for that road is prone to landslides and we hope the engineers took that into account in the job they did.

Let the government and their paid hacks on Nairaland show us videos or photos of ONE just ONE we beg road that they can claim to have completed in Nigeria
instead of claiming credit for the work of others
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by asha80(m): 10:45am On Mar 27, 2013
i guess those onitsha traders that have buyers from cameroun would be happy about this.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by taharqa: 10:49am On Mar 27, 2013
This is Obviously GREAT news for Africa and Inter-Africa trade. Hopefully, ECOWAS wud hasten up their colla with International LENDING Agencies in order to build d Lagos-Abidja International Highway as planned. Other African regions shld pursue such INTEGRATION policies as well...... And oh: NIGERIAN ROADS ARE GETTING BETTER. No be lie...

1 Like

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by ENZOSCIFO1: 10:51am On Mar 27, 2013
@Goddex or whatever your name is.............i have always seen your comments on this forum and wonder what you are or represent just took time out now to check all your past comments and am practically throwing up that such a disgusting mind can belong to a man. Am sure you mum will curse the day u were born if she sees these things............and sincerely from the bottom of my earth u deserve to rot on the streets on 9ja.
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by omonnakoda: 10:52am On Mar 27, 2013
Government needs to be proactive in anticipating the security challenges that will arise along that road as it gets busier.
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by omonnakoda: 10:56am On Mar 27, 2013
Once again the ADB funds for the ROAD are not a loan and will NOT be repaid.
The top two donors in ADB are the US and Japan and we should be grateful to them. The ADB has shareholder funds(Nigeria is the largest shareholder) which are given as loans and donor funds which are essentially grants/AID from the US ,Japan and other European countries . It is quite easy to research ADB funding and so we cannot be bamboozled. The shareholder funds are quite small really and this has limited the impact of the bank. The major sources of funds are from outside Africa.

Donor countries sometimes channel funds through the ADB to target specific projects such as in this case JICA(Japan) the reason is simple to prevent corrupt government stealing their money as they have more confidence in the ADB oversight structure and local project management expertise
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by AreaFada2: 10:58am On Mar 27, 2013
Godogwu: So the first woman selling farm produce was earning about $25 a day thats about N4,000 a day and now she earns 5 times the amount because the roads are way better and that's N20,000 a day. Lets assume all days aren't that good, but lets say she gets in N200,000 a month.

Those who live on $1 are mostly those who do nothing at all and there are many. Not the average hardworking person like these ladies.

If everyone can just get busy, poverty will be less.
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by thelastPope(m): 11:03am On Mar 27, 2013
omonnakoda:
You must be a lunatic . If i do not laud him I must hate him? If there is something to laud I will. Unfortunately he has very little input into a project that started in 2008 and is driven by international donors . This is to be celebrated but for GEJ to claim credit will be dishonest.Feasibility studies were completed long ago and it is ADB project .

http://www.afdb.org/en/news-and-events/multimedia/video/nigeria-cameroon-transport-facilitation-programme-for-the-bamenda-enugu-corridor-99/

http://www.afdb.org/en/news-and-events/article/nigeria-cameroon-highway-transport-facilitation-program-on-the-bamenda-mamfe-ekok-abakaliki-enugu-corridor-7484/
If he was so good at building roads show us photos of ANY road he has completed anywhere?

You are a confirmed idiota! How can ADB ust go into a country on their own and do a project? Are they a kind of philanthropic organisation? Why didn't ADB do all Nigerian roads all these years? You are shameless, I must tell you! To call you a hater is even an understatement! You are practising witchcraft. Only witches hate progress or the people making it.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by taharqa: 11:05am On Mar 27, 2013
omonnakoda: We will not allow lies or ignorant clowns to prevail.

and there is no arrangement to pay back the money. There is no need to lie . We are happy for the project whose construction work commenced on the 17th of June 2010 and feasibility studies comleted much earlier but we reject any attempt for the incumbent government to claim credit for the road when they have not been able to complete THEIR OWN roads eg.

East West Road
Port Harcourt Aba Enugu
Benin Sagamu
Lagos Ibadan
the list is endless. How can a government that cannot fix its own road now come and claim what they did not do.

The government was supposed to provide counterpart funding. Rather than put money into a common pool so the Chinese contractor will do the entire project. They insisted on being in control of their own contribution i.e they (FG) would rehabilitate Enugu Abakaliki road at a cost (lacking transparency) that is impossible to verify. They handed the contract to Sertraco. We can observe the quality of the work done. It is a fact that much of the route for that road is prone to landslides and we hope the engineers took that into account in the job they did.

Let the government and their paid hacks on Nairaland show us videos or photos of ONE just ONE we beg road that they can claim to have completed in Nigeria
My frnd stop DISGRACING yrself in public if you hv any sense. ADB and World Bank are BANKS who mobilise Funds from different sources, including her Shareholders (by d way, Nigeria is d Highest individual African Contributor to the Bank, esp if one adds d popular 'Nigeria Fund' domicild in d Bank). They mobilize these funds and LEND same as CREDITS to various African Govts (their main clients) and African Private investors. They DONT DASH out monies to any client cos they dont own any FREE money themselves. Even one of d Sources you provided on Pg1 talkd of d Funds as CREDITS from d World Bank and ADB. At d very least, subject to the Arrangement that wud be usd to manage d road, d LOAN must hv bn GUARANTEED by both d Nigerian and Cameroonian FEDERAL Govts.
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Goddex: 11:07am On Mar 27, 2013

and there is no arrangement to pay back the money. There is no need to lie . We are happy for the project whose construction work commenced on the 17th of June 2010 but reject any attempt for the incumbent government to claim credit.

You are just daft for posting links that don't even support your arggument in any way
You gave us this link before http://allafrica.com/stories/201006220156.html
I opened it and it revealed the following:

1) The period of the contract signing was June 2010

GEJ was the substantive presisident of Nigeria then and supervised the contract signing. Yar'adua had died about two months ago.

2) Nigeria's Minister of Works, Senator Mohammed Daggash and his Cameronian counterpart did the flagging-off
Senator Mohammed Daggash was GEJ's minister for Works then before Onolemen took over

What's the ranting all about since yesterday? Does it take anything away from you by giving credit to GEJ?
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 27, 2013
omonnakoda:
Do you know the meaning of Analogy? I doubt it wink
anyway studying the video I wonder why the quality seems higher on the Camerounian side
and how is dat a problem , cameroun side being better danNigerian side, as u said? So make we come dey drag that one bah? Hia......
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by omonnakoda: 11:09am On Mar 27, 2013
Area-Fada:

Those who live on $1 are mostly those who do nothing at all and there are many. Not the average hardworking person like these ladies.

If everyone can just get busy, poverty will be less.
Absolutely! What we hear is the woman's revenue. We cannot assume that ALL the revenue is profit There must be a cost of production for the goods she sells whether labour fertilizer etc . People do not harvest 12 months a year unless they invest in modern technology+ irrigation
Also for every such woman there are dozens of idle Nigerians. Who knows how many people that woman is carrying financially.
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by thelastPope(m): 11:11am On Mar 27, 2013

East West Road
Port Harcourt Aba Enugu
Benin Sagamu
Lagos Ibadan

LOL! By the time GEJ finish with you, I hope you will not get heart attac. Hahahahaha! I love the way you are getting yourself boxed in the corner. It is no longer roads are bad. It is now the ADB doing roads.

Please remind us again who owns the road. Is it America or Japan? LOL. You are in real soup!
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by omonnakoda: 11:12am On Mar 27, 2013
ngozievergreen:
and how is dat a problem , cameroun side being better danNigerian side, as u said? So make we come dey drag that one bah? Hia......
Eff off !,change your tampon,it stinks !
Re: Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video) by Sobrit(m): 11:16am On Mar 27, 2013
We commend the govt of the two countries-nig and cameroon. The quality of the work is in all honesty high but worthy of note is the fact that the road is narrow in gauge given the volume and type of traffic on it. Again thank God nairaland allowed this to sail to the front page´.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Male Population More Than Female In Nigeria And The World / National-Assembly May Take Over Kogi Assembly / Kogi Guber: Aisha Buhari Rebuffs Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.