Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,397 members, 7,853,769 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:42 PM

Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! (12206 Views)

Ambrose Alli University 2013/2014 Academic Session / Obafemi Awolowo University For 2013/2014 Academic Session / JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Be2012(f): 4:51pm On Jun 04, 2013
Hello , this IELTS and TOEFL requirement all lies with the school you have applied to. Once ur school is Okay with your WAEC, the UKBA won't harass you. This is what our min of Foreign affairs and Education should also be addressing. Its now easier for Ghanians to travel to UK for study than Nigerians!
PLs anyone going to middlesex, I applied for Environmental health though I am still awaiting admission, got to know about them late.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by mizGene(f): 5:24pm On Jun 04, 2013
[quote author=Be+2012]Hello , this IELTS and TOEFL requirement all lies with the school you have applied to. Once ur school is Okay with your WAEC, the UKBA won't harass you. This is what our min of Foreign affairs and Education should also be addressing. Its now easier for Ghanians to travel to UK for study than Nigerians!
PLs anyone going to middlesex, I applied for Environmental health though I am still awaiting admission, got to know about them late.[/quote
Got an offer there,but will be goin to Birmingham instead,u neednt worry,am sure dy'll give u..we for almost become classmates oo,or at least tk some modules together..I was goin for HSE mgt
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Nobody: 2:12am On Jun 08, 2013
Hello everyone. I've got offers from uLeeds, Sheffield, Strathclyde, Surrey, & RGU. Will most likely accept leeds. Is there anyone with info about ATAS clearance?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Nobody: 2:21am On Jun 08, 2013
careytommy: Hi guys, i have a 2.2 in industrial chemistry.
I want to undertake a PGDipl in either Geology, Process or Petroleum Chemistry in the UK.
Which schools offer them (minus the expensive ones o! shocked)
What are the requirements (from scratch) and how much will it cost me generally for everything from TOEFL to Accomodation and Tuition.
I don't think you need to go through a PGdip route if you are interesting in goin for a masters. With a 2:2 you would almost certainly get an admission. Try not to be too picky in selecting tho
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Be2012(f): 1:17pm On Jun 08, 2013
@babyshamU need an ATAS clearance for most engr or chemistry course or u won't get a visa, apply now cos it takes about 3weeks or more , its a simple process u need a jacs code supplied to you by ur choice school. Its usually on the admission letter. Leeds is a good school th ough expensive. ATAS certifies that u won't use the knowlegde obtained for terrorism. All the best
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 08, 2013
_babyshaQ:
I don't think you need to go through a PGdip route if you are interesting in goin for a masters. With a 2:2 you would almost certainly get an admission. Try not to be too picky in selecting tho
I have a B.Sc in Industrial Chemistry and want to study Applied Geology that's why.
Could you please provide answers to the questions i asked in my original post? cool
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 09, 2013
Be+2012:
@babyshamU need an ATAS clearance for most engr or chemistry course or u won't get a visa, apply now cos it takes about 3weeks or more , its a simple process u need a jacs code supplied to you by ur choice school. Its usually on the admission letter. Leeds is a good school th ough expensive. ATAS certifies that u won't use the knowlegde obtained for terrorism. All the best
I have already applied. It is due this week (about 20 working days). Was just asking if anyone here has applied or received an ATAS clearance. Have you gotten a visa?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 09, 2013
careytommy:
I have a B.Sc in Industrial Chemistry and want to study Applied Geology that's why.
Could you please provide answers to the questions i asked in my original post? cool
I don't know about the requirements for applied geology maybe you should send mails to the schools asking specific questions regarding your query
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Be2012(f): 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2013
_babyshaQ:
I have already applied. It is due this week (about 20 working days). Was just asking if anyone here has applied or received an ATAS clearance. Have you gotten a visa?
No I am yet to apply for visa and yes I have received an ATAS clearance for Pet Engr Msc in Teesside though I don't think I will take up tht course. Please anyone with inside scoop of life in middlesex?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 10, 2013
awistle:
Exactly i told u so, dont know where all dese guys are getting theirs from.
Sorry, I'm a little naive. What's CAS, pls. Could you clarify me more on that?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by 735i(m): 9:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
Hallo House;
Any prospective post-grad student going to University of Surrey or University of Kent?

Though both uni's are close to central London; i hear there's not much social life in Canterbury and Guildford... anyone with ideas or opinions?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by awistle(m): 7:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
emahnwel:
Sorry, I'm a little naive. What's CAS, pls. Could you clarify me more on that?
CAS is simply confirmation of acceptance to study, I think is something dat helps u in the application for student visa.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2013
Hello House, Is there any one in the House that have applied for UK student visa, or is in the process of doing that? Please kindly share your experiences and advise with your contemporaries. What are the documents needed, any other tips and advise thanks.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
awistle:
CAS is simply confirmation of acceptance to study, I think is something dat helps u in the application for student visa.
Yea, awistle is right, without CAS, u woun't be granted a visa.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by abbakacici: 1:40pm On Jun 13, 2013
Please I want to know if is possible if some one on ptdf scholarship can change his course
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 7:40am On Jun 14, 2013
abbakacici: Please I want to know if is possible if some one on ptdf scholarship can change his course
It's not possible for u to change u're course after u've gotten u're scholarship. If u try it, then u will loose u're scholarship, as d scholarship is attached to a specific course.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 14, 2013
Donsly1: Hello House, Is there any one in the House that have applied for UK student visa, or is in the process of doing that? Please kindly share your experiences and advise with your contemporaries. What are the documents needed, any other tips and advise thanks.
I heard it's better to apply not more than 3 months to the start of your programme or else you risk being denied a visa.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by awistle(m): 3:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
_babyshaQ:
I heard it's better to apply not more than 3 months to the start of your programme or else you risk being denied a visa.
Yeah is beta to apply 3 months to the start according to my agent so dat dey can answer u quickly as later time will result to rush hour making dem no to answer u quickly but u can still get it all na God.
Regarding the documents, documents to take was stated in my cas and ve lodged money to my account to start counting for the 28 days hopefully next month shud ve applied.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
monchouchou: Hey guys, anyone going to University of Manchester
. Yessssss ooooo.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by know: 9:46pm On Jun 14, 2013
Anyone heading to Northumbria University in Newcastle?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by awistle(m): 11:02am On Jun 15, 2013
newtral: . Yessssss ooooo.
Going to University of salford in manchester, we will sha all be in Manchester.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 9:58pm On Jun 15, 2013
awistle:
Yeah is beta to apply 3 months to the start according to my agent so dat dey can answer u quickly as later time will result to rush hour making dem no to answer u quickly but u can still get it all na God.
Regarding the documents, documents to take was stated in my cas and ve lodged money to my account to start counting for the 28 days hopefully next month shud ve applied.
Thanks 4 u're response, and I wish u all d best, as we move forward.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2013
Hello House members, no one has dropped comment in the house. Are house members on strike? Come on in and share the progress of u're admission processes and experiences, so that someone could learn from it. Thank You.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by petreli12: 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2013
Hello peeps..where have u guys been? Or u guys want to keep the goodies to yurself? Common, let's know d state of things wit your UK runs. As for moi, my challenge is getting enough funding...just av to kip praying.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Chylo(m): 8:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
Seems dey're quite a few of us headin to Manchester. We should hook up nd travel togeda.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Nobody: 3:20am On Jul 18, 2013
I just applied for a visa on Tuesday, the 16th and was interviewed right after the biometrics section. It was an online interview http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2013/may/21-tier4nigeria that is now a requirement.
This thread has been a bit quite lately. No more updates? or is there another thread?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Bambizzle4k4556: 3:34pm On Jul 25, 2013
@Chylo am heading to manchester too. am yet to get my Cas doh.
who has applied for visa? let us in in wat n wat is involved
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by kem000: 11:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
Be+2012:
Hello , this IELTS and TOEFL requirement all lies with the school you have applied to. Once ur school is Okay with your WAEC, the UKBA won't harass you. This is what our min of Foreign affairs and Education should also be addressing. Its now easier for Ghanians to travel to UK for study than Nigerians!
PLs anyone going to middlesex, I applied for Environmental health though I am still awaiting admission, got to know about them late.
AM GOING TO MIDDLESEX. PLS SEND ME AN EMAIL ON kemiangel81@yahoo.com, thanks
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by awistle(m): 3:15am On Jul 26, 2013
No one here still is going to Uni of Salford, Manchester. Smh
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by mizGene(f): 6:32am On Jul 26, 2013
Hi every1, who has applied for visa recently? I want to know how easy it was for you guys to get an interview appointment. A friend just applied yesterday at Abj and was only able to get appointment for 13th Aug.. shocked dts rather scary cos I intend to apply around 10th Aug so am now wondering if I'll even be able to get an interview date for Aug.
Pls every1 share ur experience with us,including d visa center u used.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Bambizzle4k4556: 4:41pm On Jul 26, 2013
awistle....i am also going to salford. wassup?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by awistle(m): 12:47am On Jul 27, 2013
Bambizzle4k4556: awistle....i am also going to salford. wassup?
Lol really,am going for Msc construction project mgt, yet to apply for visa tho. Wat of u?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Duolingo For International Students / ASUU Cautions Labour Minister, Chris Ngige, Over Blackmail On Strike / JAMB 2018- Things To Consider When Choosing A Course/career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.