Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! (12197 Views)

Ambrose Alli University 2013/2014 Academic Session / Obafemi Awolowo University For 2013/2014 Academic Session / JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Chylo(m): 1:52am On Jul 27, 2013
miz Gene: Hi every1, who has applied for visa recently? I want to know how easy it was for you guys to get an interview appointment. A friend just applied yesterday at Abj and was only able to get appointment for 13th Aug.. shocked dts rather scary cos I intend to apply around 10th Aug so am now wondering if I'll even be able to get an interview date for Aug.
Pls every1 share ur experience with us,including d visa center u used.

This is one very important aspect a lot of people are neglecting. I applied online a week ago nd my appointment is only coming up this monday. I gave dis advice on d oda visa thread, amma give it here too; even if uve nt gt ur moni complete yt, as long as u knw arnd wen u can have it nd as long as you have a good CAS, apply online IMMEDIATELY. Den u can choose a date for appointment at ur convenience. You can evn change ur appointment date later sef, cos if u wait for evrythn to be ready, plus august rush, plus waiting for appointment, den plus visa processing time, it may very well take you 6 weeks plus btwen wen u apply nd wen u gt d visa.
Cheers.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by mizGene(f): 7:14am On Jul 27, 2013
Chylo:

This is one very important aspect a lot of people are neglecting. I applied online a week ago nd my appointment is only coming up this monday. I gave dis advice on d oda visa thread, amma give it here too; even if uve nt gt ur moni complete yt, as long as u knw arnd wen u can have it nd as long as you have a good CAS, apply online IMMEDIATELY. Den u can choose a date for appointment at ur convenience. You can evn change ur appointment date later sef, cos if u wait for evrythn to be ready, plus august rush, plus waiting for appointment, den plus visa processing time, it may very well take you 6 weeks plus btwen wen u apply nd wen u gt d visa.
Cheers.

Chylo,tnx for taking your time to give us dt info. And brings me to another important question..
I have actually been considering applying and booking an appointment now even when my money hasn't stayed up tp 28days in my acct..I read on d ukba website that d date of ur application is considered to be d date u paid ur visa fee,and also ur money must stay 28days b4 u apply..
So the question is: can one fill in d forms online and book appointment without paying,and then pay at d VAC office on the day of interview?? Am aware ders online payment option which will make ds sort of plan impossible but what of cash payment at vac on interview date? Pls enlighten us a bit abt how d your payment process was like.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by mayo47(m): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2013
Anyone up for Salford?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 9:16pm On Jul 27, 2013
[quote author=miz Gene]

Chylo,tnx for taking your time to give us dt info. And brings me to another important question..
I have actually been considering applying and booking an appointment now even when my money hasn't stayed up tp 28days in my acct..I read on d ukba website that d date of ur application is considered to be d date u paid ur visa fee,and also ur money must stay 28days b4 u apply..
So the question is: can one fill in d forms online and book appointment without paying,and then pay at d VAC office on the day of interview?? Am aware ders online payment option which will make ds sort of plan impossible but what of cash payment at vac on interview date? Pls enlighten us a bit abt how d your payment process was like.

Miz-Gene, u actually ask the same question I had in mind with regards to chylo comment. Please house, we need more enlightenment with regards to the above comment thanks.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Chylo(m): 11:44pm On Jul 27, 2013
miz Gene:

Erm... maybe a caveat first. I had not read on the guidance notes dat d online applicatn date is the date dat will be used in calculating d funds. So if dat is the case, then one sld wait till d moni completes 28 days b4 applyin online.
About the payment, there is no online payment option for Nigeria. D only way to pay is into any branch of Sterling bank to d acct of the UKBA. Most ppl tho' bring d moni to d VAC on d day of d appointment and pay then since dere is a sterling bank branch in every VAC.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 11:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]Hello House Mate, Do anyone know if Visa application/processing could be fast track,inorder to reduce the waiting time period. Assuming one has gotten all the document required for the application? Is there anything that one could do to fast tract the process? Please I need u people's input, as I really need to do all I can to ensure that the waiting time period is reduced to the barest minimum. Thank you for your contribution in advance.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Be2012(f): 5:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
Donsly1: [b][/b][color=#000099][/color]Hello House Mate, Do anyone know if Visa application/processing could be fast track,inorder to reduce the waiting time period. Assuming one has gotten all the document required for the application? Is there anything that one could do to fast tract the process? Please I need u people's input, as I really need to do all I can to ensure that the waiting time period is reduced to the barest minimum. Thank you for your contribution in advance.
NO you can't fast track a stUdent Visa application. Just pray abou it and God will fast track it . I too am in the same shoes with u
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2013
Be+2012:

NO you can't fast track a stUdent Visa application. Just pray abou it and God will fast track it . I too am in the same shoes with u
Thanks 4 u're Response Be+2012. God will help us.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Chylo(m): 12:10am On Jul 29, 2013
Be+2012:

I had heard you can get express visa services for an extra charge of 10,000 naira. I am not sure if this is true or not, but one can take this extra money along to the VAC, and den ask the officials if this service exists. From what I heard, ppl who pay this have their file dispatched in d immediate next batch nd treated as urgent @ the high commission.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 29, 2013
Chylo:

I had heard you can get express visa services for an extra charge of 10,000 naira. I am not sure if this is true or not, but one can take this extra money along to the VAC, and den ask the officials if this service exists. From what I heard, ppl who pay this have their file dispatched in d immediate next batch nd treated as urgent @ the high commission.
not for tier 4 visas. No harm asking though
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Be2012(f): 6:14am On Jul 30, 2013
_babyshaQ:
That fast. Track service is for visiting and business visa. What u can do now is make ur online application even though ur 28 days is not over. Then book appointment for the 28th day and pay ur visa fee on that appointment day.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by cheeze: 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2013
Hi guys, I know a trusted agency that can help out with all our questions and inquires. They have helped my friends to secure admission into top schools in UK and assist in their Visa application. There office is at Oregun, Kudirat Abiola way (Kobis eatery building, 3rd floor). you can reach them on 08111111054 or enquiries@tgmeducation.com.
Note that there charges are free.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2013
_babyshaQ:
babyshaQ u Mean I can make my online application even though the 28 days has not reach, and also book 4 an appointment at a Later date, and it will not affect my visa application process? Won't the embassy guys looked at the date I made d application online, with regards to d bank statement of Acc if it had clocked d 28 working Days? Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Be2012(f): 8:32am On Aug 01, 2013
cheeze: Hi guys, I know a trusted agency that can help out with all our questions and inquires. They have helped my friends to secure admission into top schools in UK and assist in their Visa application. There office is at Oregun, Kudirat Abiola way (Kobis eatery building, 3rd floor). you can reach them on 08111111054 or enquiries@tgmeducation.com.
Note that there charges are free.

Except if the agent is being paid by the top schools in UK its weird that they will offer such service free. But for ur qstns on Tier4 Visa , there's a thread run by justwise on this forum for tier PB4 visa , its so rich, by the time u read all the pages u will be advising ppl even.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Chylo(m): 12:27am On Aug 02, 2013
Erm, just an observation. I believe, bt I may be wrong, dat dis thread has been slightly derailed by visa enquiries whc is handled on a separate thread.

It may be more productive for people who are actually travellin to the same schools or cities to hook up here and discuss issues relating to their schools or/and cities.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Be2012(f): 10:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
Chylo: Erm, just an observation. I believe, bt I may be wrong, dat dis thread has been slightly derailed by visa enquiries whc is handled on a separate thread.

It may be more productive for people who are actually travellin to the same schools or cities to hook up here and discuss issues relating to their schools or/and cities.
Yes that's true. Pls is anyone going to Sunderland this sept?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Chylo(m): 1:57pm On Aug 03, 2013
This is the recent uk visa enquiries thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/826936/uk-student-visa-tier-4

Submitted my application finally. Fingers crossed.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
Anyone going to Queen's University Belfast?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Adasek2008: 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
Pls nairalanders, I need ur help. Was asked if English is my countries first language and if not, what is it? Am a Yoruba man. Thank you all.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by mayo47(m): 11:26pm On Aug 04, 2013
Lol yes u a Yoruba man
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Donsly1: 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
Adasek2008: Pls nairalanders, I need ur help. Was asked if English is my countries first language and if not, what is it? Am a Yoruba man. Thank you all.
Nigeria is not regarded as an English Speaking Nation. So u're dam right, Yoruba is u're Language.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Tochex101(m): 1:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
Very nice thread,just learnt a lot.I'm currently in my finals "architecture".God willing I'll be applying for my msc too next year (2014/2015 batch).Good luck everyone..........
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Papichyme(m): 11:52pm On Aug 14, 2013
Anyone going to Coventry University next month? Holla let's share experiences. Two good heads.............
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by unie101(m): 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2013
RGU ardmuir trinity court anyone?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by cheeze: 8:35am On Aug 26, 2013
Whats up about RGU?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Chylo(m): 1:36am On Aug 27, 2013
Miz Gene nd Donsly nd odas, pls update us oo. Aw far wit una application na?
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by mizGene(f): 10:12am On Sep 11, 2013
Chylo: Miz Gene nd Donsly nd odas, pls update us oo. Aw far wit una application na?
Hey bro,sorry am jst replying,
I havnt applied,actually won't be goin again ds sept! Influenced by d job I hv now, After much thots,I decided to change my course to an mba,so am nw seriously searching for a good but affordable mba dt starts January so I dnt hv to wait till next sept..
Hw far with urs? Hope u r making progress?

Anyone dt knws anytin abt Jan MBA,I don't mind u dropping me a line here,jst to hear different opinions...tnx
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by mizGene(f): 10:14am On Sep 11, 2013
Chylo: Miz Gene nd Donsly nd odas, pls update us oo. Aw far wit una application na?
I havnt applied,actually won't be goin again ds sept!!! Influenced by d job I hv now, After much thots,I decided to change my course to an MBA.
Dnt wna spend dt kain lump of cash and still come bck later for an MBA.so am nw seriously searching for a good but affordable mba dt starts January so I dnt hv to wait till next sept..

Anyone dt knws anytin abt Jan MBA,I don't mind u dropping me a line here,jst to hear different opinions...tnx
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by Chylo(m): 7:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hey Miz Gene, me ave jst startd skOol o in Uni of Manch. Like play like play dis ppl wan begin use work finish person.

Good luck on ur search for an MBA prog., wldda suggestd u came to Manch grin, buh I dunno how d fees r like. All the best.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by mizGene(f): 1:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
Dts great,am happy for u ooo.
Manch fee=£34500 lipsrsealed ,lookn at oda options.
I wish u God's grace in ur program.
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by 735i(m): 4:03pm On Sep 18, 2013
miz Gene:
I havnt applied,actually won't be goin again ds sept!!! Influenced by d job I hv now, After much thots,I decided to change my course to an MBA.
Dnt wna spend dt kain lump of cash and still come bck later for an MBA.so am nw seriously searching for a good but affordable mba dt starts January so I dnt hv to wait till next sept..

You could check out University of Bradford...their business school is highly rated and they also give scholarships
Re: Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! by ops84(m): 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
_babyshaQ: Hello everyone. I've got offers from uLeeds, Sheffield, Strathclyde, Surrey, & RGU. Will most likely accept leeds. Is there anyone with info about ATAS clearance?

Pls can i get ur email add,need to chat with u abt sheffield University.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Was The Nickname You Gave To Your Teacher In School. / Jets Nattional Competition(past And Future Participants) / Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.