Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,270 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" (8400 Views)

Guys, If Your Girlfriend Asks Bout This.... / Guys Where Do You Draw The Line When Your Girlfriend Asks For Money? / My Marrying Ex-girlfriend Asks Me For Financial Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by Seun(m): 10:21am On Aug 15, 2005
What do you do when a woman asks "how do I look" in one of various ways? For instance, after 4 hours with her hairdresser your woman returns with a hairstyle you absolutely hate and asks you "do you like it?". Or your 'urhobo' girl asks you "do you think I look fat in this dress?"

"Do you think I look fat in this dress?" When a woman asks you this, you're doomed. No matter what you say, it will be the wrong answer.

She already knows she looks fat or she wouldn't be asking you the question in the first place. But if you fib and tell her that she looks skinny, she knows it's not the truth -- and she'll punish you not only for lying to her, but also for noticing that she's been packing on the pounds [if you tell her the truth]. She might even break into tears because, "You don't love me for who I am." Either way, you can't win.

http://www.askmen.com/dating/curtsmith_100/122_dating_advice.html

Do I agree with this article excerpt? Yes, and no. I agree that telling a woman she's not looking beautiful is the fastest way to hell, but I disagree that lying to her will put a man in trouble. I am convinced that the right thing to do is to consistently tell her what she needs to hear.

You see, if a woman asks me about her looks, I know the right answer. The right answer is that she looks "just right". It doesn't matter if I'm about to vomit on the floor, I will never in my life admit that a lady-friend asking that sort of question doesn't look "absolutely perfect!" Even if you put a gun to my head I won't say such a thing! Even if she says, "I won't you to be honest with me" I won't make such a foolish mistake.

"Never, ever, tell a woman what you don't like about her looks. Instead, shift attention to the things you you like." is my rule. What's yours? What do you say when they ask these tricky questions?
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by tcherokee(m): 10:30am On Aug 15, 2005
Well, it depends o, If it is your grilfriend and you guys are past all the "forming" stage, you should be able to tell her what is one your mind. If she looks good, tell her she looks good. If she looks *%$.##$^%... tell to you she'll always look perfect but maybe you prefer the other harstyle she did or something like that in my opinon you just say you prefer something else she did at one time to what she has on at this time....they usually get the message. All girls want to be told they look good but i'll expect that if she doesn't look good. you should be able to let her know in a gentle manner, not just tell her "Girl you look crazy". I believe she'll appreciate it in the end even if she might not at that moment.
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by hotangel2(f): 10:42am On Aug 15, 2005
You guys are right in a way.

All girls want to be told is how beautiful and ellegant they are, so telling her she looks bad/not presentable enough, when she really does look like that, would be an act of digging your earthly grave. The "you don't like me the way i am" line is so fast to our mouths. Although, only a crazy girl would ask you how she looks when she knows she ain't looking good. I make sure i look good enough before i asked anybody, doesn't have to be a guy, "how do i look". Most guys of course like Seun, won't tell you the truth. They'll just say, you look amazing. But other guys like tcherokee, would say, I prefer your other dressing to this one. That would definitely pass the message.

You guys just need to use knowlegde and you'll be safe.
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by layi(m): 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2005
hot-angel:

Most guys of course like Seun, won't tell you the truth. They'll just say, you look amazing. But other guys like tcherokee, would say, I prefer your other dressing to this one. That would definitely pass the message.

Na wa o. Na so ladies dey cause wahala btw guys. Can i say that u r now *** with tcherokee ?

Just kiddin o!

As for me. I'll just tell her how i feel but would be diplomatic about it (The "I prefer your other dressing to this one" approach), so i win both ways. But If she doesnt like my responses, she wont ask anymore.
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by gina34(f): 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2005
like tcherooke said,
if she is your girlfriend you have to tell her if you like her hair style or not. if she looks fat in her dress you have to tell her.
i don't see anything wrong with it. after all she s your girl.
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by Seun(m): 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2005
gina34: if she is your girlfriend you have to tell her if you like her hair style or not. if she looks fat in her dress you have to tell her.

This is what they'll say, but if you make the mistake of following their advice, you'll be in deep trouble. If a woman really wants to know how good she looks let her go and post her picture on a picture rating website. Because I am just not going to to see anything but perfection in any woman that bothers to ask me!
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by DEKING3(m): 3:29pm On Aug 15, 2005
Good topic. In my own case, I love being diplomatic about such issues so that when I'm almost cut in the web, I'ld simply say, "that wasn't what I meant" so with that, I can defend my earlier statement. Guys, just learn to be diplomatic.
My answer to such questions would be, "you are okay" i.e when I know she's not looking good enough so if she suspects and says, "you mean it's not good enough?, I'ld simply say, well, I didn't say that.
At the end of the day, I won't get myself entangled in any girls web of questions.
I can be frank sometimes too ooo.

Afterall, no be me dress her. cheesy
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by ojikay(m): 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2005
Hey one thing I noticed is that don't form for girls. If she is "WOWO" please don't hide from her and if she looking okay abeg tell her.
I know my chick will not try that because I alwals ask that and she always tell me "Shabi you don wan go meet another chick, but let me design you so that they will know you girl is beautiful" Imagine so she will not want me to tell her the same.
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by sage(m): 12:06am On Aug 16, 2005
u could start by telling her what you like about her dressing and how wonderful those features make her look. Then tactfully tell her that a little adjustmentof this aspect of her dressing , u feel, would make her even more appealing. Always have a smile on your face and be gentle and tender when telling her.
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by Latoya(f): 5:18am On Aug 16, 2005
So what if she ask u how she looks?
she just wants to know if u appreciate what she's done or what she looks like.
u shuld be able to correct her in a nice way and not in a way u make her feel she is unwanted and ugly
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by nddy(m): 6:54am On Aug 16, 2005
Your girlfriend asks Honey how do i look ? Smashing hot
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by Latoya(f): 6:59am On Aug 16, 2005
nah, tell her truth
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by terry(m): 7:50am On Aug 16, 2005
if my girlfriend ask me i would say you look like a beauty damsel even if she looks like crap
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by hotangel2(f): 7:53am On Aug 16, 2005
Wouldn't u rather tell her the truth?
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by WesleyanA(f): 8:03am On Aug 16, 2005
terry, would you go out w/ a girl that looks liek crap?
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by terry(m): 8:13am On Aug 16, 2005
i have dated all kinds of gurls Ugly, smashing hot and fairly ok. I like a gurl for her personality not only looks, i am not the kind of brother that is into the looks, i love personalty,
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by WesleyanA(f): 8:20am On Aug 16, 2005
that post was very self-contradictory..... if you're nddy in disguise that is. but then if you're not, cool. wink you need to talk to your friend.
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by terry(m): 8:23am On Aug 16, 2005
i aint nddy, how many tymes would i tell you. pls gat that out of your brains. Nddy is a friend. We are best friends for 10yrs now. pls stop that i aint nddy.
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by hotangel2(f): 8:26am On Aug 16, 2005
okay terry..you have better point of view than your friend.
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by WesleyanA(f): 8:28am On Aug 16, 2005
i know right? @ terry... you need to talk to your friend.
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by mosiate(f): 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2005
there is youruba saying that says another person will not do wat i'm suppose to do(enieleni ko ni gba ise mi se) if you don't admire ur wife or your girlfriend and if another person should that for you,you're gradually missin her.
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by Chigszy(f): 5:23pm On Aug 16, 2005
I rather my bo tells me how i look in a nice way than me going out n looking like an ass...
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by CorporateNija(m): 7:48am On Aug 17, 2005
Diplomacy... diplomacy ......diplomacy. Nobody likes being told that his or her actions are in vain, even for us guys. you can always tell her " you look great darl.... but I prefer the green dress on you". Because I know that if after gadging for an occasion, then someone tells me "O boy ur shirt weak oo" I no go find am funny.
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by spicy4real(f): 10:38am On Aug 19, 2005
its not a crime if ur hubby ask u such questn because as humans we like compliments alot and if u dont compliment 2 d other person its like u dont luv or appreciates he or she
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by gina34(f): 10:54am On Aug 19, 2005
me i don't see anything in it.
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by drbigdaddyg(m): 10:02am On Aug 22, 2005
This is a very nice topic.
If I'm asked that, I think what she'll have in mind is your compliment. For her to have asked you such question means she has already assessed herself on the mirror and think you'll view it in her own way.
What else does she want? Feed her now.
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by TaliTali(m): 11:34am On Aug 25, 2005
A girl friend should not ask her boy friend that question because she is as beautiful to him as he love her.
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by IAH(f): 5:34pm On Aug 25, 2005
I don't ask anybody how I look cos I've got a mirror.
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by Greatpeter(m): 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2005
If a girlfriend asks this question I look her eye ball to eye ball and say you're 'Atutupoyoyo' of our time and then burst into laughter.
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by hotangel2(f): 5:38pm On Aug 25, 2005
Greatpeter:

If a girlfriend asks this question I look her eye ball to eye ball and say you're 'Atutupoyoyo' of our time and then burst into laughter.

Peter why are u being so mean?
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by Greatpeter(m): 9:31am On Aug 26, 2005
@HA not that I am mean.
You should ask why the girl was asking me that kind of question.

Is it to attract me or to hear what i will say?

So saying she's "Atutupoyoyo" will be a lesson for her.
Re: Your Girlfriend Asks, "Honey, How Do I Look?" by Greatpeter(m): 9:37am On Aug 26, 2005
Yea sleep but don't dream of "Atutupoyoyo"

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Love Story / If Your Partner Will Not Spend A Kobo On You, Does It Mean He/she Doesn't Luv U? / Big Breast Causing Confusion Everywhere Instagram,nairaland,ikeja& Aso Rock(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.