Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum (6120 Views)

Maundy Thursday Or Holy Thursday / Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday / Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 28, 2013
Thank God i'm not a catholic. #sigh of relief...

1 Like

Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by adexsimply(m): 2:19pm On Mar 28, 2013
Ubenedictus: my point is simple, we are talking about holy thursday and someone bring up da vinci code. Its just like talking about God and someone brings up the devil.
i'll take note of that..ok?
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by adexsimply(m): 2:20pm On Mar 28, 2013
booqee: Thank God i'm not a catholic. #sigh of relief...
lol..guess u ar a DEEPER LIFER?
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by stylesco: 2:21pm On Mar 28, 2013
Thanks op.
This post has reminded me of why I should be proud to be a catholic.
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by adexsimply(m): 2:23pm On Mar 28, 2013
style$co:
Thanks op.
MEANING:you are not proud to be a CATHOLIC
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by Richieboyn: 2:27pm On Mar 28, 2013
style$co:
Thanks op.

You are welcome..... Yea, u have EVERY REASON 2b proud of the Catholic Faith.
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by minute(f): 3:00pm On Mar 28, 2013
Mark 14;51-52

51 And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his nakeed body;
and the young men laid hold on him:

52 And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them nakeed.

Now, not wanting to be taking this out of context, I was certain to read the entire chapter. And i must
admit that, reading the entire chapter didn't shed light on the subject . . .

Jesus goes to Gethsemane on aThursday,with his other disciples. Two of them, he sends to the city.
He tells Peter that he
will deny Christ three times before the coock crows, and tells everyone that Judas will betray him. He then goes
off to the forest to pray alone leaving others to guard and watch,but they keep falling asleep. Then, the
guards come to take Jesus. Someone cuts off one of the servants ears and angers Jesus.
Everyone flees the scene- and suddenly we are told there was a nakeed young man who was with Jesus in the
forest, who is also fleeing the scene?

What's up with THAT?
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 28, 2013
adexsimply: lol..guess u ar a DEEPER LIFER?
no..i attend redeem in sch..and CAC at home.
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by adexsimply(m): 3:34pm On Mar 28, 2013
booqee: no..i attend redeem in sch..and CAC at home.
ok..coz u sounded lyk one of us...u knw?? wink wink grin grin
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by chris51(f): 3:34pm On Mar 28, 2013
God bless you for the write up. Looking forward to taking part fully in the actvities
If you can you, please tune to ewtn & watch what goes on in the
Vatican
Very proud to be a Catholic

1 Like

Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by sayso: 3:45pm On Mar 28, 2013
Just a preparation of the mind.Jesus is LORD of all.
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by sandygechy(f): 4:11pm On Mar 28, 2013
Et unam Sanctam Catholicam!!!
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by italo: 4:35pm On Mar 28, 2013
Et apostolicam ecclesiam!!!
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 28, 2013
[quote author=adexsimply]did anyone read THE DAVINCI CODE?[/quote wat about it?
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by adexsimply(m): 7:13pm On Mar 28, 2013
[quote author=egbe4real][/quote]did u read it?
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by Freezle(m): 7:29pm On Mar 28, 2013
i actually saw the priest in my church today, i was really surprise to see such a number of priest in the chapel and i was asking a friend what is happening in the church today. It so nice of you to take the pain in writing this, i really appreciate because you have made me understood so many thing. I'm a protestant(Anglican) and i totally get all you saying
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by Richieboyn: 9:12pm On Mar 28, 2013
chris51: God bless you for the write up. Looking forward to taking part fully in the actvities
If you can you, please tune to ewtn & watch what goes on in the
Vatican
Very proud to be a Catholic

Amen Sister. God bless you too. If you can follow me for more updates 2moro, saturday and Sunday. And of course, wen derez any need to update, I SURELY WILL.....by God's grace. Take care.
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by Richieboyn: 9:13pm On Mar 28, 2013
sandygechy: Et unam Sanctam Catholicam!!!
Et apostolicam Ecclesian!
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by Richieboyn: 9:14pm On Mar 28, 2013
italo: Et apostolicam ecclesiam!!!

Confiteor unum baptisma! In remissionem peccatorum.
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by Richieboyn: 9:18pm On Mar 28, 2013
Freezle: i actually saw the priest in my church today, i was really surprise to see such a number of priest in the chapel and i was asking a friend what is happening in the church today. It so nice of you to take the pain in writing this, i really appreciate because you have made me understood so many thing. I'm a protestant(Anglican) and i totally get all you saying

Thank you 4appreciating brother. Thank God 4 givin me d privilege 2 be d one who wrote it. Just stay tuned for more updates on Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday. Shalom!
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by 9jaIhail(m): 10:09pm On Mar 28, 2013
zikaengee: We praise u oh lord and we adore u because by
Ur holy cross u have redeemed the world.
Thank God am a catholic

Me too nne.
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 28, 2013
Akin-David:
All these days are not mentioned in my Bible(KJV), Triduum or what, all i know is that Christ came and died for my sins. c'est fini. wink
John 13, 1-15...yea there, u will understand the meaning of holy thursday and the washing of feet.
Thank me later.

Just came back from church...what a wonderful and emotional service....I really felt like I was in the days of peter and paul, watching them take jesus away!!!!
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by calculusx(m): 11:21pm On Mar 28, 2013
Of All festive Period,I  Christmas and Easter. Easter gave meaning to christianity,to our faith. Can someone update *US* with pictures of Passion Drama tomorrow?

Laus tibi christe for been a Catholic

To our fellow protestants,find answers to most of your questions from the link below

http://catholicism.about.com/od/holydaysandholidays/p/Good_Friday.htm
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by calculusx(m): 11:57pm On Mar 28, 2013
For those that are still awake, tune to channel 348 EWTN {Washing of the Feet}
Re: Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum by Richieboyn: 6:03am On Mar 29, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun / What's The Meaning Of 'God's Grace Is Sufficient for us?' / ANNUAL MFM SEVENTY(70) DAYS FASTING AND PRAYER THREAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.