Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,237 members, 7,860,524 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:04 PM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (571384 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 6:52pm On Dec 05, 2015
Treasure28:

Thanks. I think business is about taking risk at times. lol
I will give it a shot. I have also pulled down list of dentists in wexford from "our" best friend- Google.
cool.

Goodluck
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 6:57pm On Dec 05, 2015
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by GoldStandard: 8:16pm On Dec 05, 2015
pocoapoco88:
nnaa d tin tire me oo,as if am stil doing forex, binary and sportbetting

Hahaha... Your comment cracked me up bro! Lol
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by sammyjoepumping(m): 11:07pm On Dec 05, 2015
@Chibenze; kindly enlighten me on how to list a domain for sale on namepros
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 12:21am On Dec 06, 2015
sammyjoepumping:
@Chibenze; kindly enlighten me on how to list a domain for sale on namepros

Just exactly as you post on nairaland, same with namepros, it is a forum like nairaland.
if u r a new member u will be limit in some areas same as nairaland.
you can contact namepros support if u have any question or issue using their site
Goodluck
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by justi4jesu(f): 4:36am On Dec 06, 2015
We can help you withdraw your earnings from Elance,Fiverr, Freelancer,PayPal,Domain sale and then pay you the equivalent in Naira
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by silkytouch(m): 9:51am On Dec 06, 2015
Please does a domain value as estimated by a domain estimating sites like estibot and siteprice.org really represent the actual worth of that domain when one wants to sell? Please I need to understand this.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Hunry: 10:25am On Dec 06, 2015
Nope, the worth of a domain is whatever the buyer is willing to pay.
Estibot can say $100 but the buyer can pay $6000 if it is valuable to him & vice versa

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by GoldStandard: 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2015
Chibenze:

Bro. I just bought a domain via expired auction. I got charged 10 dollar for the domain & 15 more for so called .COM DOMAIN RENEWAL making everything 25 freaking dollars for just 1 domain.

Am I on the right track? Is this what you get charged too, cos when I reg domains via closeout or deleted.com its normal 8 or 9$.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 7:40pm On Dec 06, 2015
GoldStandard:

Bro. I just bought a domain via expired auction. I got charged 10 dollar for the domain & 15 more for so called .COM DOMAIN RENEWAL making everything 25 freaking dollars for just 1 domain.

Am I on the right track? Is this what you get charged too, cos when I reg domains via closeout or deleted.com its normal 8 or 9$.

Yes that is expire auction, for dynadot expire auction u don,t pay renewal
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by jammeyboy(m): 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2015
Chibenze:

Yes that is expire auction, for dynadot expire auction u don,t pay renewal
Does dt means its better to use dynadot expire auction
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 8:25pm On Dec 06, 2015
jammeyboy:

Does dt means its better to use dynadot expire auction
No Sir.
all are better
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by silkytouch(m): 9:49pm On Dec 06, 2015
Any site where I can park my domains for free? Seems most of them charge for parking.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by lekemon(m): 9:54pm On Dec 06, 2015
Man, bidding is war oo. Lol. After back and forth, I was able to secure my first two expired domains from godaddy auction. Linuxrecoverydisk dot com and na-cozinha dot com. Both having page rank, similarweb, CPC and alexa traffic rank. I hope I can make my first sales from these two. Top of the evening, guys.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by lekemon(m): 9:55pm On Dec 06, 2015
silkytouch:
Any site where I can park my domains for free? Seems most of them charge for parking.

You can park on bodis, it's free you only need to signup with them.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 10:35pm On Dec 06, 2015
cool
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 10:36pm On Dec 06, 2015
lekemon:
Man, bidding is war oo. Lol. After back and forth, I was able to secure my first two expired domains from godaddy auction. Linuxrecoverydisk dot com and na-cozinha dot com. Both having page rank, similarweb, CPC and alexa traffic rank. I hope I can make my first sales from these two. Top of the evening, guys.
Goodluck
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
lekemon:
Just because many are bidding on a domain does not make the domain valuable, i still can not understand the use of the domain above, i just pray and hope u did nt spend much for this names.

Guess u must be a guru.

Good luck bro

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chidonsky: 10:45am On Dec 07, 2015
H have this domain up for sales house what your view about this domains,londonnewhome.com,hamarkan.com and housegive.com.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by paulsir: 1:30pm On Dec 07, 2015
Chidonsky:
H have this domain up for sales house what your view about this domains,londonnewhome.com,hamarkan.com and housegive.com.
check www.dnjournal.com to see what pple are sellong and buying also.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chidonsky: 2:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
paulsir:
check www.dnjournal.com to see what pple are sellong and buying also.
does it imply this are not great domain?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Adulphus(m): 6:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
Please Gurus in the house. I have some domains that I like to feature on auction at Godaddy.
I want to put three out of them. please do tell me the best to put on Auction.

www.6502524.com
www.9187s.com
www.yugovy.com
www.obobaddest.com
livebid.xyz

Your opinion is highly appreciated. thanks
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by paulsir: 9:09pm On Dec 07, 2015
Adulphus:
Please Gurus in the house. I have some domains that I like to feature on auction at Godaddy.

www.6502524.com
www.9187s.com
www.yugovy.com
www.obobaddest.com
livebid.xyz

ur 2nd to the last name makes me wink and gave me a forced white gap. The NNNNNNN is easy to sell on namepros if u know how to manipulate the site,also d second too is fairly good,my opinion though.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by blym4real: 6:46am On Dec 08, 2015
If you are interested in 4L chips .org at $65 per one
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CPriest: 8:20am On Dec 08, 2015
Adulphus:
www.6502524.com
www.9187s.com
www.yugovy.com
www.obobaddest.com
livebid.xyz

I have no experience with numerics, I don't even own one of those again (had 0123.biz sometimes back). In most cases you can't just put domains on auction. In Flippa, you have to pay to auction it, same in Sedo. However, if you receive an offer after listing (which is free), you can push it to auction (and free too).

When you are buying names, think about what you as a person can do with the name. If you can't think up three or more things that can be done with it, you may need to reconsider.

Yugovy.com is nice, if you can create such and even better names than that, you may be able to sell to startup entrepreneurs because meaningless names are a fad. Check out brandbucket etc for such names.

If you will do .xyz and other new TLDs, make sure you go for very strong keywords. Possibly single-word (there are several singlewords still up now). I had shipper.xyz in my cart before it was snatched by the unscrupulous whois I used for research. Got compute.xyz (cloud services can use this, any online service dealing with numbers etc can also use that) and many others.

If you can, and if you have the funds to purchase and maintain, stick to .com names. I feel there are more bad names than good names in the hands of most domainers. You can check godaddy auction and see names / the interest each generate.

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CPriest: 8:32am On Dec 08, 2015
GoldStandard:

I will advise you to be careful with this strategy. I also started on that path ($69 for dropping auctions). With your $25, you can get (i.e register) 3 or 4 .com domains with each worth at least $250 in the aftermarket. You can get nTLDs etc which will be worth $$$$ in the aftermarket. Let me give an example, funding.asia was valued by Sedo at $8999. And how much did my business obtain it for? Lesser than that.

Change your track. Think up good names, research very well. Understand what makes a domain valuable (basically its demand for the keyword s in the name and its length etc), and then take smart risks.

I spent 8 hours everyday (sometimes a whole night) studying deleted domain names and searching (manually) through millions of deleted names. That was about 6 years or so back. It paid off. This business is like prospecting diamonds. It's tough but it works.

When next you have $25 to spend, give me $20, and I will fish out one name you can register for $5 which will be worth a 100 times your $5. smiley

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CPriest: 8:45am On Dec 08, 2015
dake40:
hello to the BABA them.......i'm about to go into this business, but i have few questions

1........must i use a VPN? or a nigerian ip is okay

2.......which of the domain company would you recommend i sign up with?

3......would you encourage a starter to invest on expired domains??

thank you

1. Use your normal Internet connection.
2. Use the registrar (domain company) that offers you the cheapest for the TLD (domain extension) you are interested in. Google for coupons too. If I need a .biz domain name, I get it where .biz names are going for $3. If I need a .us domain name, I get it where .us is currently cheapest. Hope you get it. Same for .com
3. Like any business, you are free to invest. But like any business too, you may loose money. SO be cautious.

My advice to you is - head over to Sedo and Flippa. Check out their recently sold names list. Study it daily for as long as you can. Then headover to Godaddy or Name.com imagine domain names YOU will love to buy. Type it in and search if they are available. Most of the names will be unavailable. This excercise is just for you to have a feel of what names are cool and likely to be in demand.

When you finally go hunting, you will notice worthy names (since you have experienced those already registered). In short you need to be able to appraise names if you will succeed in this venture.

Best wishes*

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by chuksmad(m): 2:40pm On Dec 08, 2015
CPriest:

I will advise you to be careful with this strategy. I also started on that path ($69 for dropping auctions). With your $25, you can get (i.e register) 3 or 4 .com domains with each worth at least $250 in the aftermarket. You can get nTLDs etc which will be worth $$$$ in the aftermarket. Let me give an example, funding.asia was valued by Sedo at $8999. And how much did my business obtain it for? Lesser than that.

Change your track. Think up good names, research very well. Understand what makes a domain valuable (basically its demand for the keyword s in the name and its length etc), and then take smart risks.

I spent 8 hours everyday (sometimes a whole night) studying deleted domain names and searching (manually) through millions of deleted names. That was about 6 years or so back. It paid off. This business is like prospecting diamonds. It's tough but it works.

When next you have $25 to spend, give me $20, and I will fish out one name you can register for $5 which will be worth a 100 times your $5. smiley
@CPriest it seems u understand this game very well. What got me is where you mentioned registering a domain with $5. Which registrar offers $5 to register? because i know that godaddy will not give you less than $13 and on discount of 35% not less than $10.69.
What i have noticed in this domain business is when buying, Nigerian bank will charge you 220 per dollar, but when receiving, you are paid at the rate of 180 per dollar.
So you can pay $10 to buy and if sell $12, you are the one loosing. But all the same it is very interesting business
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by chuksmad(m): 2:43pm On Dec 08, 2015
Adulphus:

www.6502524.com
www.9187s.com
www.yugovy.com
www.obobaddest.com
livebid.xyz

Second and third ones will sale
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CPriest: 3:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
chuksmad:

@CPriest it seems u understand this game very well. What got me is where you mentioned registering a domain with $5. Which registrar offers $5 to register? because i know that godaddy will not give you less than $13 and on discount of 35% not less than $10.69.
What i have noticed in this domain business is when buying, Nigerian bank will charge you 220 per dollar, but when receiving, you are paid at the rate of 180 per dollar.
So you can pay $10 to buy and if sell $12, you are the one loosing. But all the same it is very interesting business

To get .com at under $10, look out for coupons and promocodes. Namecheap still sold .com at $5.9 yesterday. But I checked now and seems they are back to $9.66. That said, why would you buy at $10 and sell $12? I hope I have not confused you into thinking domain reseller business?

What I meant is this, if there is a .com name you can handregister e.g namingguru.com and you register it at $5.9, then someone comes around saying they want it, you can sell it at $349 - that is Sedo's valuation. But if I would value it, I will say start at $500-$1500. Why? Because estateguru.com sold at $3500 and helpguru.com sold at 2,500 Euros.

So even if they exchange at N150, you have made over 300 times profit. Sadly though you may wait for a long time sometimes before someone offers to buy your domain name.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by dayjeee(m): 4:03pm On Dec 08, 2015
pls sir, if i register a domain myself, after paying for the registration will i have to pay another money again?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.