Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,449 members, 7,853,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:29 AM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (570858 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by dayjeee(m): 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2015
i want to purchase a domain on godaddy, i was told to enter a different billing region, does it means i cant buy by putting nigeria as my region?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CosmicJames(m): 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
After reading a whole lot about this domain biz, I'm about to reg my first domain name.
However, there is something I want to be clear about.
Can a hand reg keyword domain with 100k-1m global search volume bring in parking revenue considering is new, has no backlinks and pageRank?

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sexyus: 4:11am On Dec 10, 2015
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CPriest: 6:50am On Dec 10, 2015
dayjeee:
cpriest tanks for the reply..

You are welcome and Best Wishes*
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CPriest: 9:11am On Dec 10, 2015
GoldStandard:

Wow... Interesting!!! Most domainers place emphasis on those criterion like their domaining life depended on it.

What SET OF RULES do you use in choosing this business like domains, mind mentioning a few

I meant i couldn't find business-like domains on namecheap!

I am not saying those metrics are wrong or unimportant, but its just that we can't all be the same. To your question, we have about 39 factors we consider before deciding if a domain name is a good candidate for a business name. By business, the scope includes brick and mortar (physical) businesses, cyber businesses, and even blogs.

A few are basic common sense rules - no misspellings, simple, short (meaning not tooooo long), meaningful to the market, no unexpected meanings (you can suddenly find your nice domain have a 'hidden' sex word in it) etc.

Of course you need it to include industry keywords. If you want to start a dating service and you have a domain StartFlirting.com, doesn't it rock? I posted three domains a few days ago - startflirting.com, secretalarm.com and dailytradesignals.com. They were all available on the 9th. Few minutes later, two of them were gone, registered by some smart investors or users.

TheHairshop.com was just sold for $20,000. I am sure you see the point with business related domain names.

I am currently dueling with one dude from Asia, I noticed he was picking up .biz names which I was also interested in. That is his own strategy. He only does .biz and I can tell you he has a good cache of those. The problem is when someone finds a way of doing a thing and sells as a holy grail in ebooks, products etc. Then everyone picks on that track and beat it bare.

If you are a business lover, it won't be hard for you to spot and select business names.

Best Wishes*
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by inverse: 11:00am On Dec 10, 2015
good day guys i'm new to domain biz, first i want to greet all the ogas here, you guys are doing a great job! grin i have being following this thread for a while in order to understand this domain flipping business. and now i need some help.. i listed a domain on flippa and i haven't received any offer up until now, i have only had 11 views. i used the free listing. i am not sure if flippa is a good domain market. i tried registering on sedo but they have blocked my account. please some one should tell me which domain flipping market is easier to register. i know some of us use sedo please share with me how you registered your account with out being blocked. thank you grin
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 11:06am On Dec 10, 2015
CPriest:

You are welcome and Best Wishes*
Can't help but commend @CPriest. You are doing a good job.

2sexyus:

-
2Sexy baba, which level na? You and Godaddy auction na like bread and butter.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by westreporter(m): 11:16am On Dec 10, 2015
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sexyus: 1:50pm On Dec 10, 2015
oladayo042:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by inverse: 3:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
someone please answer my question above.. undecided abeg cPriest and 2sexyus
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by dayjeee(m): 3:34pm On Dec 10, 2015
cpriest, chinbeze,etc i need ur mentorship in this domain business. i actually just registered a domain name...koretwriter.com....can u advice me on what next to do
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CPriest: 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
inverse:
good day guys i'm new to domain biz, first i want to greet all the ogas here, you guys are doing a great job! grin i have being following this thread for a while in order to understand this domain flipping business. and now i need some help.. i listed a domain on flippa and i haven't received any offer up until now, i have only had 11 views. i used the free listing. i am not sure if flippa is a good domain market. i tried registering on sedo but they have blocked my account. please some one should tell me which domain flipping market is easier to register. i know some of us use sedo please share with me how you registered your account with out being blocked. thank you grin

Am not sure why Sedo blocked you. Try it again. Maybe you can create another gmail or so account, don't use proxy etc (not sure if that can be a problem), use a different browser from the one you used earlier on etc.

I can assure you that listing in Sedo or Flippa isn't a guarantee that you would get offers. If you can, post the domain name so we can know what the issue(s) are.

Maybe I will make a list of domain marketplaces, but if you have read this thread from the start (that's some task but it is worthwhile) you would see many. Namepros is another place - but as a new user on the site, I doubt if you can just post a domain.

Best wishes*

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by dayjeee(m): 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2015
pls house, do i have to pay money auctioning my domain on flippa
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by inverse: 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
CPriest:

Am not sure why Sedo blocked you. Try it again. Maybe you can create another gmail or so account, don't use proxy etc (not sure if that can be a problem), use a different browser from the one you used earlier on etc.

I can assure you that listing in Sedo or Flippa isn't a guarantee that you would get offers. If you can, post the domain name so we can know what the issue(s) are.

Maybe I will make a list of domain marketplaces, but if you have read this thread from the start (that's some task but it is worthwhile) you would see many. Namepros is another place - but as a new user on the site, I doubt if you can just post a domain.

Best wishes*

thanks for your reply cpriest, i registered solemoney,com and forexward,com i don't know if its the domain name, help me review it and tell me the issue. by the way i will try out another browser like you have said thanks again.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CPriest: 3:08am On Dec 11, 2015
dayjeee:
pls house, do i have to pay money auctioning my domain on flippa

Flippa options
1. Post the domain in classifieds - free
2. Post the domain as auction - $9
3. Domain is in classified, and you get an offer (even if it is $1 offer for it) - sell at that $1 or reject the $1 offer and state your offer; else you can then start an auction (free).

Hope that answers your question D.

Best wishes*

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CPriest: 3:11am On Dec 11, 2015
dayjeee:
cpriest, chinbeze,etc i need ur mentorship in this domain business. i actually just registered a domain name...koretwriter.com....can u advice me on what next to do

Hi D, because of your keen interest in domaining, I will suggest you read this thread (at least some pages back), you will find most of what the great guys in here have said in relation to choosing domain names etc. No need for me to repeat it here.

I tried answering your other Q about Flippa.

Best Wishes*
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by lekemon(m): 6:08am On Dec 11, 2015
Not too knowledgeable about LLLLL but guys what do you think about these, DSJZU,com QDXYDQ,com and IMANID,com?

Chibenze, Cpriest and 2sexy, what do people really look out for in the LLLL niche? Please do you mind sharing your idea on this, no matter how little.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sexyus: 7:15am On Dec 11, 2015
oladayo042:

watched 20 names, but was able to pick one... reason? refined scouting, laser targeted but highly competitive as All name attracts huge bidding... happy with the one I picked and very okay though still not cheap sha... $Bleep
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sexyus: 7:16am On Dec 11, 2015
akeemag angry angry angry angry shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry angry angry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by paulsir: 8:18am On Dec 11, 2015
inverse:
you need to forward scanned international passport/voters card/national ID card befoe they can re open ur account,i think namejet requested for the copies of both d front and d back of ur ATM card + the form downloaded from their site.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by chuksmad(m): 8:44am On Dec 11, 2015
Hi, guys, i posted these two 5L domains on namepros ( fuure dot com and llate dot com), nobody even price it $1. what is the issue? does it mean that the name is useless? and what is the niche for valuable 5L.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 9:19am On Dec 11, 2015
2sexyus:

watched 20 names, but was able to pick one... reason? refined scouting, laser targeted but highly competitive as All name attracts huge bidding... happy with the one I picked and very okay though still not cheap sha... $Bleep
Did you get Wealth Advantage?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sexyus: 9:38am On Dec 11, 2015
oladayo042:
Did you get Wealth Advantage?
lol... if I wanted it, I wouldn't drop it here bro. I dropped it for someone to buy and the day I dropped it was the same day the auction was ending... PLUS it had a possible end users that could have bought it. So if no one from here took action, not my fault.

I knew lots would ignore it sha. How u dey bro... i called u yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by sammyjoepumping(m): 9:44am On Dec 11, 2015
@CPriest, Chibenze, 2sex: what do u think of this domain name : ( truechristiandating dot com ). Finding it hard to get it sold and I have contacted an end user that has the dot net but no reply. Kindly help on this please.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sexyus: 10:13am On Dec 11, 2015
sammyjoepumping:
@CPriest, Chibenze, 2sex: what do u think of this domain name : ( truechristiandating dot com ). Finding it hard to get it sold and I have contacted an end user that has the dot net but no reply. Kindly help on this please.
never but a name with ONE existing end user but multiple end user. smiley
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CPriest: 10:23am On Dec 11, 2015
2sexyus:
never but a name with ONE existing end user but multiple end user. smiley

I concur. Broadness is key. Narrowness is trouble.

Furthermore, if I can't use the name personally for my project I won't buy it.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by CPriest: 10:24am On Dec 11, 2015
lekemon:
Not too knowledgeable about LLLLL but guys what do you think about these, DSJZU,com QDXYDQ,com and IMANID,com?

Chibenze, Cpriest and 2sexy, what do people really look out for in the LLLL niche? Please do you mind sharing your idea on this, no matter how little.

Sincere truth is that I don't know anything (not even little) about those.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by sammyjoepumping(m): 10:28am On Dec 11, 2015
Okay guys, thx
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Generalkorex(m): 11:55am On Dec 11, 2015
chuksmad:
Hi, guys, i posted these two 5L domains on namepros ( fuure dot com and llate dot com), nobody even price it $1. what is the issue? does it mean that the name is useless? and what is the niche for valuable 5L.
i need ur email sir
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by dayjeee(m): 1:03pm On Dec 11, 2015
cpriest thanks a bunch
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ollykay619(m): 1:09pm On Dec 11, 2015
Good day gurus in the house. Please I have some questions about dynadot
1. What is the difference btw dynadot marketplace, expired auctions and backorder

2. Let assume I saw a domain that I like at dynadot marketplace I want to register it, can I register it with another Registrar or must it be dynadot.

3. From the second question above, if I decided to register the domain with dynadot, would I have to pay for both registration fee and renewal fee.

4. Where and when does paying renewal fee and registration fee for a domain comes in.

Oya, Up to my ogas in the house. Chibenze, cpriest, iyke ND 2sex.

God bless you as you answer.

Thanks
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2015
Please, can I get a refund from godaddy for a domain that was autorenewed? Chibenze, cpriest, iyke 2sex.

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.